why do people praise Dragonball Z?

• 121 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#102 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
Dragonball and Dragonball Z were so awesome, i like z the most. The Cell saga was my favorite to be honest
Kurezan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#103 Kurezan
Member since 2008 • 1850 Posts

It had great action, it was funny, and I really liked the characters.. I always couldn't wait for the next episode to see what was going to happen next!

Ahh, the nostalgia.

dontshackzmii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#104 dontshackzmii
Member since 2009 • 6026 Posts

when goku was a kid the show was much more fun. It was adventure about finding the dragon balls and stoping evil. DBZ however is all about fighting and waiting till the next even more powerful guy shows up.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#105 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

The real question is why do people praise Naruto? My younger sisters watch that anime and I can't figure out what makes it so popular. Sasuke just needs to confess his love to Naruto and get the series over with.

"I have a major feeling that if you went back and watched it today, it would not hold up well. At all."

I watch DBZ Kai and think its pretty good and I watched the "original" DBZ 10 years ago.

yahtzo900

Naruto made me react with a big WTF when I saw my friends younger sister play one of the recent games where a move had the main character stick his index finger into the other guys ass.

soulless4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#106 soulless4now
Member since 2003 • 41388 Posts

Because the opening woke you up when you napped...or maybe that was just me. >.>

gaming25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#107 gaming25
Member since 2010 • 6181 Posts

This is why.

Aux99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Aux99
Member since 2011 • 1689 Posts

Cause it's awesome

farslip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 farslip
Member since 2006 • 317 Posts

personaly i choose naruto stealth ninjas no matter how bad thet are over guys they scream and yell for 20 episodes.and dbz is considered and anime and has alot of hentai so it in fact does fall into the boobs catagory :)

almasdeathchild

Oh boy do I remember the days of middle school. Pics of the DBZ characters and sometimes Sailor Moon characters in what must have been someone's sexual fantasy. I still remember the day of being told "Hey look at this" only to see a image Goku and a leading lady that will never leave my mind.

Dr_Yeezy_3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Dr_Yeezy_3000
Member since 2011 • 97 Posts

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]1. They grew up with it. 2. It was their first anime. Usually the two major reasons.789shadow

I have a major feeling that if you went back and watched it today, it would not hold up well. At all.

i watched the entire serieslike 7 times this year since i was young and its even better than i remember

mmmwksil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 mmmwksil
Member since 2003 • 16423 Posts

DBZ wasn't my first anime ever (that would go to Sailor Moon :P), but it's hard to deny why it wouldn't appeal to boys. It was an action show with lots of violence.

I don't much enjoy it anymore, but I still love to watch for Akira Toriyama's designs. I also have memories of hentai that floated amongst male Middle School peers. I was also subjected to it :lol:

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#113 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
I'm glad that middle school managed to spare me from hentai, although none of my friends really watched anime then.
DillonShwing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#114 DillonShwing
Member since 2010 • 565 Posts

I'm not really an anime fan at all...In fact I think its lame...with the exception of Dragonball Z. Maybe its because I grew up watching it and it was a huge part of my childhood.

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts

[QUOTE="chessmaster1989"]

[QUOTE="DRAGONPIECEZ"]

Agreed. I'm mostly a lurker, and most of the time I post is when I have a strong opinion of something or when my feathers are ruffled. Hence why I come off as rash. I'm just sick of hearing the same arguments I've heard for almost all my life towards DBZ.

And I get mad when uneducated people claim that Bleach and Naruto are the superior shonen because they're the main ones marketed in America, when imo One Piece outclasses it in every regar; deep and relatable characters, non generic story with real life undertones and issues, and unique art,,, it's not a cookie-cutter anime. It's breaking all kinds of records in Japan right now. Even though popularity =/= quality, I believe this is a case where it's justified with One Piece. And I do believe it to be the most superior shonen out there

DRAGONPIECEZ

I mean, people who've seen all three (Bleach, Naruto, and OP) have differing opinions about which one is better, so I think it's pretty unfair to say that people who think Bleach and Naruto are better are just uneducated. And OP is also heavily marketed in America.

I haven't seen any of those three honestly, Bleach seemed the most interesting to me but I was thrown off by the fact that it's got so much filler. I also don't feel like starting any of them because they're all 300+ episodes, and I've already got Gintama (which is 201 episodes + the newly airing season), Sailor Moon (first season is a little under 50 episodes and I'll decide from there if I want to watch more, but I'm enjoying it :P again mock me all you want :lol: ), and a bunch of currently airing shows, not to mention a considerable backlog of anime I want to watch and a bunch of shows airing this Fall that I want to watch. Plus, I don't know, Naruto and One Piece from their descriptions didn't look all that interesting to me. It's quite possible I'd enjoy them if I watched them but for now I'm not going to be watching them at least anytime soon.

I also have a bunch of manga I'm currently reading or that is waiting for me to read, so yeah. :P

HAHA yeah I saw your anime list, you seem like a pretty busy guy! But in all honestly, if you ever get the chance, you should give One Piece a shot. All the people I know who read the "Big Three" (OP, Naruto, Bleach) have said they like OP the best. It had a rough start in America because of the 4kids fiasco and what they did, but it's starting to get it's rep back.

One Piece is, with all honestly, probably the best piece of media that I have ever experienced in my life. The characters in it will follow you for the rest of your life...literally; It started in '97, and is currently about only half way through. And it just gets better and better. All of the characters are so fleshed out and relatable. EVERY character gets some limelight...your favorite character will never be thrown out like in some other manga. Each of their flashbacks are so deep and made me cry and you can't help but root for them as they all try to achieve each of their independant dreams. The animation turns people off sometimes in the earlier issues, but it gets better and you grow used to it. It's very unique and is nowhere near the "generic" style that many manga follow because OP has many Western influences. Things that didn't make sense in the beginning chapters become apparant hundreds of chapters on. It's absolutely amazing how the creator goes full circle with things. Real life issues are also in One Piece such as government corruption, slavery, war, terrosism, etc...it will make you think. Like I said before, with a story that has been going on for about 15 years, and still going, it's amazing how the series continues to stay fresh and intrigue you. I've laughed, cried, and felt inspired. It's not a cookie-cutter shonen in any sense of the word, and if you ever feel like giving it a shot, just be warned that it's a life long commitment. You must give it at LEAST a 100 chapter chance before writing it off since it really starts to take off after they enter the Grand Line. It's the ultimate anime/manga for anyone looking for a lenghty, fresh, unique, adventure series with amazing characters, robust fights, unique art, complex and inspirational story that can be both serious and funny with some real-life undertones, and PASSION for adventure and dream chasing.

So. Freakin. Beautiful. :cry: Oda should hire you for Public relations :P On topic: I grew up with DBZ. It was pretty much the first anime I watched. It was what got me into anime and, coupled with nostalgia and some awesome fights make it the greatest anime I have ever graced my eyes upon.
Avatar image for CreasianDevaili
CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 CreasianDevaili
Member since 2005 • 4429 Posts
One Piece has the character development of a furry webcomic based on comedy.
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts
Back in System Wars. and even here in OT, I remember how some trolls like to go into great detail about how the Japanese love effeminate men due to what is seen in certain Japanese video games and anime. They commonly like to use Final Fantasy as an example. Dragon Ball Z, on the other hand, appears to dispel any such insolent tomfoolery.
Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#118 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

This is why.

gaming25

one of the best characters ever, along with guts from berserk, not the emo main characters these days

fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#119 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts
I loved it, hard to explain why but I just thought it was a great series.
Dr_Yeezy_3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Dr_Yeezy_3000
Member since 2011 • 97 Posts

how can you not praise it? ffs they can turn their hair yellow! and shoot energy beams! SO KOOOL!

RandoIph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#121 RandoIph
Member since 2010 • 2041 Posts
Man why do people like things I don't?