why do people praise Dragonball Z?

• 121 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

i hear alot of people explain they loved this tv series when toomani was the coolest thing on tv.but....all i could make of it is a bunch of dudes screaming at the top of their lungs for the whole episode and you would see like 5 minutes of fight. if im missing anything can someone please explain

dercoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 dercoo
Member since 2006 • 12555 Posts

Nostalgia

and it was a kid show with death and killing

:P

Avatar image for CreasianDevaili
CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 CreasianDevaili
Member since 2005 • 4429 Posts
I remember watching it in the late 80's. When there was not a hairball's chance of it getting dubbed and sent over. Plus, well, at least for me I liked watching the fights and passing the filler in between. Cept when it was freaking 20 episodes or so for a 5 minute canon fight for the freeza saga. That got.. strange.
Ravenchrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ravenchrome
Member since 2010 • 1776 Posts

Because Dragon Ball Z characters kick your teengers, kawaii Naruto, One Piece, Sucky-Bleach, and Fairy Tale ARSE!!!

We can destroy the whole galaxy without trying hard.

Such was the level of hyberbole in past animes.

Nowadays it's just about big boobies.

almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 almasdeathchild

personaly i choose naruto stealth ninjas no matter how bad thet are over guys they scream and yell for 20 episodes.and dbz is considered and anime and has alot of hentai so it in fact does fall into the boobs catagory :)

XileLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 XileLord
Member since 2007 • 3776 Posts

Wait so you're criticizing Dragonball Z

yet you like...Nartuo?

Somebody explain this to me please?

almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 almasdeathchild

yet you like...Nartuo?

XileLord

i said id prefer it over a bunch of dudes screaming.i like a whole lot better,point is i dont see what others see in guys screaming for 20 episodes so im looking for someone to oh whats the word *enlighten*

CoolSkAGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 CoolSkAGuy
Member since 2006 • 9665 Posts
For its epic cliffhangers.
MasterKingMP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MasterKingMP
Member since 2008 • 1740 Posts

It's more than just a "bunch of guys screaming." If you've watched it from the Beginning of DB to the end of DBZ you may feel the same way as us hardcore fans.

Jfisch93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#10 Jfisch93
Member since 2008 • 3557 Posts

It was a cartoon about super powerful aliens fist fighting. What's not to love?

CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 CreasianDevaili
[QUOTE="almasdeathchild"]

[QUOTE="XileLord"]

yet you like...Nartuo?

i said id prefer it over a bunch of dudes screaming.i like a whole lot better,point is i dont see what others see in guys screaming for 20 episodes so im looking for someone to oh whats the word *enlighten*

To be fair.. I do not remember any more screaming in the original japanese language of DBZ than of the little naruto I was forced to watch. Also the creator of naruto loved dbz, and seems to have taken "wiping your butt has a name to yell in battle" to the next level. Bleach took the screaming to the next level. One piece.. well no one should speak of one piece.
XileLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 XileLord

[QUOTE="XileLord"]

yet you like...Nartuo?

almasdeathchild

>Implying that DBZ is just a bunch of dudes screaming

Watch the anime first. It's got a good plot and sure it can drag on at times but it's one of the most respected and highest rated of animes of all time for a reason. You could argue that Naruto wouldn't have even came to be without DBZ

"Masashi Kishimoto states in his comic Naruto that he was influenced by Toriyama. Kishimoto included a picture of Arale he drew in elementary school. This can also be seen in the fact that the title character wears an orange gi (martial arts robe) similar to Son Goku 's. Also, in one volume of the manga, a mask resembling the face of Chaozu can be seen in the background, The creator said he was influenced by Dragon Ball."

Not the only one who was inspired by the Dragon ball series either.

Ravenchrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ravenchrome
Member since 2010 • 1776 Posts

personaly i choose naruto stealth ninjas no matter how bad thet are over guys they scream and yell for 20 episodes.and dbz is considered and anime and has alot of hentai so it in fact does fall into the boobs catagory :)

almasdeathchild

Naruto is influenced by Dragon Ball, especially the turning-into-a-beastly-mode thing.

almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 almasdeathchild

It's more than just a "bunch of guys screaming." If you've watched it from the Beginning of DB to the end of DBZ you may feel the same way as us hardcore fans.

MasterKingMP

i actually enjoyed dragon ball. and in dbz i got as far as the boo ark...then it just.....went into the inuyasha phase and just draaaaaaaaaaaaged it on.

XileLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 XileLord

[QUOTE="MasterKingMP"]

almasdeathchild

i actually enjoyed dragon ball. and in dbz i got as far as the boo ark...then it just.....went into the inuyasha phase and just draaaaaaaaaaaaged it on.

To be fair, the buu saga is seen as the worst saga in the entire series. The creator even admits that and as for Inuyasha....well that's my favorite anime possibly of all time but that's just like...my opinion man.

almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 almasdeathchild

[QUOTE="XileLord"]

yet you like...Nartuo?

XileLord

>Implying that DBZ is just a bunch of dudes screaming

Watch the anime first. It's got a good plot and sure it can drag on at times but it's one of the most respected and highest rated of animes of all time for a reason. You could argue that Naruto wouldn't have even came to be without DBZ

"Masashi Kishimoto states in his comic Naruto that he was influenced by Toriyama. Kishimoto included a picture of Arale he drew in elementary school. This can also be seen in the fact that the title character wears an orange gi (martial arts robe) similar to Son Goku 's. Also, in one volume of the manga, a mask resembling the face of Chaozu can be seen in the background, The creator said he was influenced by Dragon Ball."

Not the only one who was inspired by the Dragon ball series either.

i never said it was bad,naruto's kid phase was horendous.i watched shippuden on the internet and saw more violence and people torn apart witch caught my eye.though dbz was interesting. just not as great as most seem to see it i know it's a opinion thing,but it kinda drug out at the boo ark

CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 CreasianDevaili

[QUOTE="MasterKingMP"]

Eh. DBZ ended after the freeza saga. Everyone kind of pressured and pressured until it continued. If that is around when you said it dragged on.
nitekids2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 nitekids2004
Member since 2005 • 2981 Posts

Someone didn't watch DBZ 2 decades ago.... :roll:

almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 almasdeathchild

[QUOTE="MasterKingMP"]

XileLord

To be fair, the buu saga is seen as the worst saga in the entire series. The creator even admits that and as for Inuyasha....well that's my favorite anime possibly of all time but that's just like...my opinion man.

i will enjoy a future convo of inuyasha with you it was my fav for some time till i wanted it to end.guess fillers do that.

almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 almasdeathchild

[QUOTE="MasterKingMP"]

CreasianDevaili

Eh. DBZ ended after the freeza saga. Everyone kind of pressured and pressured until it continued. If that is around when you said it dragged on.

i enjoyed freeza,tad bit of cell.and the androids. nothing else though i did enjoy the silly fat buu

CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 CreasianDevaili

[QUOTE="CreasianDevaili"][QUOTE="almasdeathchild"] i actually enjoyed dragon ball. and in dbz i got as far as the boo ark...then it just.....went into the inuyasha phase and just draaaaaaaaaaaaged it on.

i enjoyed freeza,tad bit of cell.and the androids. nothing else though i did enjoy the silly fat buu

Cell wasn't good until the cell games and that was it. Anyhow.. why not give a try out for Dragonball Kai? They take out all the filler crap that they put in, which back then, it was in every episode. So it is more like today's anime with filler. Less in the episodes and more as their own sagas. As i said he manga had ended and the anime was trying to make it last as long as possible. Gives a bad impression by today's standard.
AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

Same reason why they praise Lord of the Rings, both seem terribly cliche nowadays, but they were the ones where those cliches were born and they both transformed their genres completely.

Dr_Yeezy_3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Dr_Yeezy_3000
Member since 2011 • 97 Posts

DBZ is the best anime, and how can a naruto fan criticize dbz for dragging things out? i remember watching this one naruto episode where naruto and sakura are reunited with sasuke and they literally just stand there and look at each other for the whole episode

Dr_Yeezy_3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Dr_Yeezy_3000
Member since 2011 • 97 Posts

[QUOTE="CreasianDevaili"] Eh. DBZ ended after the freeza saga. Everyone kind of pressured and pressured until it continued. If that is around when you said it dragged on.CreasianDevaili

Cell wasn't good until the cell games and that was it. Anyhow.. why not give a try out for Dragonball Kai? They take out all the filler crap that they put in, which back then, it was in every episode. So it is more like today's anime with filler. Less in the episodes and more as their own sagas. As i said he manga had ended and the anime was trying to make it last as long as possible. Gives a bad impression by today's standard.

Kai blows, they took out the epic music and added that crap japanese music, redubbed some characters and butchered some scenes (like when goku transforms for the first time and goku doesnt make those cool grunts, they just show him standing there without saying anything with crap japanese music on, took all the epicness out)

almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 almasdeathchild

DBZ is the best anime, and how can a naruto fan criticize dbz for dragging things out? i remember watching this one naruto episode where naruto and sakura are reunited with sasuke and they literally just stand there and look at each other for the whole episode

Dr_Yeezy_3000

WHERE THE HELL DID I SAY I WAS A NARUTO FAN WHEN I SAID I PREFER IT OVER DBZ.

CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 CreasianDevaili
[QUOTE="Dr_Yeezy_3000"]

[QUOTE="CreasianDevaili"][QUOTE="almasdeathchild"]i enjoyed freeza,tad bit of cell.and the androids. nothing else though i did enjoy the silly fat buu

Kai blows, they took out the epic music and added that crap japanese music, redubbed some characters and butchered some scenes (like when goku transforms for the first time and goku doesnt make those cool grunts, they just show him standing there without saying anything with crap japanese music on, took all the epicness out)

So you know.. thats the dubber's issue. The only DBZ dubs I can remotely stand are the ones from Canada, during the old FOX run from episode 1 to halfway through freeza saga. Because they actually had some talent.
Crystal-Rush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Crystal-Rush
Member since 2005 • 2274 Posts

I watched it when i was like 12, but then i just got tired of the same drawn out battles. Most of the time it was like, raise power level > fight > raise power level again > bad guy has hidden power > the good guy goes in shock and gets cleaned up > somehow good guy has enough strength to fight > good guy manages to reach even higher levels than before > and so forth.

That's pretty much to action scenes of Dragonball Z right there

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

[QUOTE="Dr_Yeezy_3000"]

[QUOTE="CreasianDevaili"] Cell wasn't good until the cell games and that was it. Anyhow.. why not give a try out for Dragonball Kai? They take out all the filler crap that they put in, which back then, it was in every episode. So it is more like today's anime with filler. Less in the episodes and more as their own sagas. As i said he manga had ended and the anime was trying to make it last as long as possible. Gives a bad impression by today's standard.CreasianDevaili

So you know.. thats the dubber's issue. The only DBZ dubs I can remotely stand are the ones from Canada, during the old FOX run from episode 1 to halfway through freeza saga. Because they actually had some talent.

The ocean dub?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vfm1DtljrZU

:)

CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 CreasianDevaili
Yep. Where the darn its over 9000 meme started. Like when piccolo dies against nappa.. holy hell the new dubs could never touch that =p
Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

almasdeathchild

my eyes are bleeding, am i actually seeing someone say naruto is better than dbz? also dbz hentai wait wait, did i see the same anime as you?

i watched dbz when i was a kid but still goku is badass compared to all the emo characters from naruto.

CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 CreasianDevaili
[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

my eyes are bleeding, am i actually seeing someone say naruto is better than dbz? also dbz hentai wait wait, did i see the same anime as you?

i watched dbz when i was a kid but still goku is badass compared to all the emo characters from naruto.

Well.. bulma did have a panty-less shot and pretty big boobs in dragonball. I think she got breast reduction from the beginning of DBZ to the namek saga however.
PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts
Because it was ******* awesome, that's why.
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 almasdeathchild

Krelian-co

emo characters lawl wut?

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
because it was badA$$ with great characters like goku/vegeta with awesome villains like cell...the english voice acting was superb and the music was fantastic... it was a nice adventure like anime with awesome fighting scenes..who cares if they scream? Also it focused more on adult characters instead of juvenile losers like naruto
Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts

Because they like it.

almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 almasdeathchild

because it was badA$$ with great characters like goku/vegeta with awesome villains like cell...the english voice acting was superb and the music was fantastic... it was a nice adventure like anime with awesome fighting scenes..who cares if they scream? Also it focused more on adult characters instead of juvenile losers like narutocampzor
derp

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 campzor

[QUOTE="campzor"]because it was badA$$ with great characters like goku/vegeta with awesome villains like cell...the english voice acting was superb and the music was fantastic... it was a nice adventure like anime with awesome fighting scenes..who cares if they scream? Also it focused more on adult characters instead of juvenile losers like narutoalmasdeathchild

derp

u know im right. Just give up
anbu-black-ops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#38 anbu-black-ops
Member since 2008 • 2380 Posts
Either you don't like it or you like it. I grew up watching dbz so it's one of my fav. I remember back then, it was hard to find channels where you can watch it. Then it got popular and the rest is history. You watch dragon ball z for the fights.
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 almasdeathchild

[QUOTE="campzor"]because it was badA$$ with great characters like goku/vegeta with awesome villains like cell...the english voice acting was superb and the music was fantastic... it was a nice adventure like anime with awesome fighting scenes..who cares if they scream? Also it focused more on adult characters instead of juvenile losers like narutocampzor

derp

im not even a fan of naruto.at all.it;s funny im acussed of this.id chose others over both but out of 3 some guy gave me i used the one i liked more do ppl read anymore?

Gamemovies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Gamemovies
Member since 2011 • 56 Posts
dragonball & dragonball Z were great, but GT was a bit odd.
CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 CreasianDevaili
dragonball & dragonball Z were great, but GT was a bit odd.Gamemovies
It was an attempt to reboot the series by someone who wasn't the creator. Which.. failed..
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 campzor

[QUOTE="campzor"][QUOTE="almasdeathchild"] derp

almasdeathchild

im not even a fan of naruto.at all.it;s funny im acussed of this.id chose others over both but out of 3 some guy gave me i used the one i liked more do ppl read anymore?

thats not what i was implying. I was saying just accept my truth and that will be the end of it
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 almasdeathchild

[QUOTE="campzor"] u know im right. Just give upcampzor

thats not what i was implying. I was saying just accept my truth and that will be the end of it

what truth i think ninjas are cooler that screaming aliens?

CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 CreasianDevaili

[QUOTE="campzor"][QUOTE="almasdeathchild"]im not even a fan of naruto.at all.it;s funny im acussed of this.id chose others over both but out of 3 some guy gave me i used the one i liked more do ppl read anymore?

TBH... I'd branch them like this... DBZ=monks.
topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#45 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts

i hear alot of people explain they loved this tv series when toomani was the coolest thing on tv.but....all i could make of it is a bunch of dudes screaming at the top of their lungs for the whole episode and you would see like 5 minutes of fight. if im missing anything can someone please explain

almasdeathchild
I caught a few episodes on Toonami, but I saw the rest of the 276 episodes on a website. Some of the episodes actually had a storyline to go with it, and the "screaming" you mention was their focus to control powering-up. In fact, the English-dubbed soundtrack had a lot more added in...I watched a few of the originals, and the soundtrack was eerily silent compared to the English dubbing.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 campzor

[QUOTE="campzor"][QUOTE="almasdeathchild"]im not even a fan of naruto.at all.it;s funny im acussed of this.id chose others over both but out of 3 some guy gave me i used the one i liked more do ppl read anymore?

almasdeathchild

this is a ninja  not this
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 almasdeathchild

[QUOTE="campzor"] thats not what i was implying. I was saying just accept my truth and that will be the end of itCreasianDevaili

arnt monks non violent?....

almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 almasdeathchild

[QUOTE="campzor"] thats not what i was implying. I was saying just accept my truth and that will be the end of itcampzor

this is a ninja  not this

if you are ganna do a comparison can you atleast not half ass the naruto part? i mean yea ryo is the master of ninjas but atleast try to make it look like a fair fight

CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 CreasianDevaili

[QUOTE="CreasianDevaili"][QUOTE="almasdeathchild"] what truth i think ninjas are cooler that screaming aliens?

No. Not really.
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 almasdeathchild

[QUOTE="CreasianDevaili"] TBH... I'd branch them like this... DBZ=monks. CreasianDevaili

No. Not really.

im pretty sure they are