Why do people have "baby on board" bumper stickers?

• 78 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mingmao3046
Member since 2011 • 2683 Posts

Do they honestly think I'm going to drive extra careful just because they have a baby in the car? Why should I care? I dont value your baby any more than a homeless bum on the street. Actually if anything I probably value the homeless man's life more than your baby's. The homeless guy probably has had a rough life and has lots of experiences/stories to share. Your baby just cries and poops his pants all day. 

A baby is just another random human to me....not sure why people have this idea that they are special and deserve life more than another human who is older. 

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
Why do you care that they have them?
The__Kraken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 The__Kraken
Member since 2012 • 858 Posts

So people will see it and decide to not crash into their car.

Duh.

Avatar image for hartsickdiscipl
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 hartsickdiscipl
Member since 2003 • 14787 Posts

I don't know why they do that.  All it does is let potential kidnappers know that their next victim may be in that car.  I think that most attempts to "personalize" family vehicles are terrible ideas.  People driving around with their family's last name emblazened on the back window, right next to little stick figures that represent the members of their family.  Look below and you see a bumper sticker telling everyone where their child goes to school.  Great idea.  :?

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
Attention whores. They want everyone to know they're not a virgin.
mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mingmao3046
Why do you care that they have them?chessmaster1989
Just questioning their logic
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Fightingfan

I don't know why they do that.  All it does is let potential kidnappers know that their next victim may be in that car.  I think that most attempts to "personalize" family vehicles are terrible ideas.  People driving around with their family's last name emblazened on the back window, right next to little stick figures that represent the members of their family.  Look below and you see a bumper sticker telling everyone where their child goes to school.  Great idea.  :?

hartsickdiscipl
That's my stance as well. It does nothing, but help pedophiles find their next target.
mingmao3046

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mingmao3046

Duh.

The__Kraken
why should their baby's life be more valuable than an older person how about "people are in this car" bumper stickers
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Fightingfan
[QUOTE="The__Kraken"]

Duh.

mingmao3046
why should their baby's life be more valuable than an older person how about "people are in this car" bumper stickers

In America white lives are more important than other lives. Look at the AR-15 innocent, but no one cares about the innocent kids dying from drones in Africa and middle east.
The__Kraken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 The__Kraken
Member since 2012 • 858 Posts

[QUOTE="Release The__Kraken"]

Duh.

mingmao3046

Because the baby is less close to being dead than the older person. They are also more valuable, because the baby will live longer and consume more natural/finite resources than the almost nearly dead older person. Plus, the baby has a greater chance of producing more babies than the nearly deceased older human.

It all makes sense.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Fightingfan

[QUOTE="mingmao3046"][QUOTE="Release The__Kraken"]

Duh.

The__Kraken

Because the baby is less close to being dead than the older person. They are also more valuable, because the baby will live longer and consume more natural/finite resources than the almost nearly dead older person. Plus, the baby has a greater chance of producing more babies than the nearly deceased older human.

It all makes sense.

By that logic men are superior to women. Men can have more children than women, and they can produce more goods than women. So Men > women? :P
br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

They're not notices to other drivers, they're notices to anyone assisting in an accident. A baby is more difficult to find in mangled wreckage than an adult and could easily be looked over if there's no indication of a child in the car or anyone conscious to relay that information.

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
That Be Sharps song.
konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

Probly because there might just be a slim chance, that there is indeed a baby on board.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

Mingmao: righteously defending a father's right to kill a drunk driver that killed his two sons, then saying he doesnt give a damn about someone's baby and refusing to drive carefully.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mrbojangles25

[QUOTE="The__Kraken"]

[QUOTE="mingmao3046"] why should their baby's life be more valuable than an older person how about "people are in this car" bumper stickersFightingfan

It all makes sense.

By that logic men are superior to women. Men can have more children than women, and they can produce more goods than women. So Men > women? :P

now you get it!

:P

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

Why do you have that weird looking avatar? It somehow represents you in some way. As does a "Baby on Board" sign. What does it matter to you anyway? Scared of babies or something?

DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts

Who cares?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
Because there's a change of having a milf in the car.
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hartsickdiscipl

Because there's a change of having a milf in the car.MonsieurX

I usually pull up alongside and expose myself when I see a "baby on board" sign.  Couldn't hurt, right?  Well worth the risk for the chance that a milf may be on board as well.  

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Fightingfan

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"]Because there's a change of having a milf in the car.hartsickdiscipl

I usually pull up alongside and expose myself when I see a "baby on board" sign.  Couldn't hurt, right?  Well worth the risk for the chance that a milf may be on board as well.  

In real life I've noticed all the ugly chicks are the knocked up ones.
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 hartsickdiscipl

[QUOTE="hartsickdiscipl"]

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"]Because there's a change of having a milf in the car.Fightingfan

I had a good-looking milf after me a few years ago.  We worked together and she was about 10 years older than me.  Nice child-bearing hips and whatnot.  The whole having 2 kids and a husband precluded me from pursuing it.  I was admonished to "demolish that @ss" by one of my buddies though.  

rocinante_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 rocinante_
Member since 2012 • 1772 Posts

Attention whores. They want everyone to know they're not a virgin.Fightingfan

LOL

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#24 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Wasn't that a big fad 20-25 years ago?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lamprey263  Online
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts
even if you don't care for the baby you should care about your own liability if your bad driving hurts that child, and given the warning if you still cause an accident maybe any charges that could be laid against you can be more severe plus maybe it's a pride bumper sticker for parents, like some people have those MY CHILD IS AN HONOR STUDENT / EAGLE SCOUT / WHATEVER bumper stickers, maybe these people want to externalize their happiness for being young parents
Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

So I can know exactly which cars to speed into.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mrbojangles25

[QUOTE="hartsickdiscipl"]

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"]Because there's a change of having a milf in the car.Fightingfan

correction: theyre ugly because theyre knocked up

:P

-Tish-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#28 -Tish-
Member since 2007 • 3624 Posts
Someone's been watching George Carlin.
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts
[QUOTE="Fightingfan"] That's my stance as well. It does nothing, but help pedophiles find their next target.

I guess, but I'd imagine that most pedophiles are looking for victims who are a bit older than "babies". Sure there are exceptions, but babies are too young for most pedophiles. Most of those guys are looking for kids who are at least 4 or 5 years old. I guess "baby on board" stickers could be attractive to those guys who kidnap babies and then sell them on the black market, but realistically speaking I doubt that most people are likely to encounter those dudes on the way to the market. Of course, it's also not going to make people drive extra safe. No one wants to get in a car crash anyway, so how is a baby in one of the cars an extra deterrent? It might be a deterrent if I was just itching to get into a car crash, maybe then I'd choose a different car if I knew that a certain car had a baby. But who wants to get in a car crash in the first place? Having a baby on board doesn't change things. Anyway, this is just one of those stupid things that does no harm, and also does no good. It doesn't help, but it doesn't hurt either. The REAL reason for those bumper stickers is pride (which I guess makes them no different than any other bumper sticker). The whole point is people just bragging that they have a baby, which I guess is the same as bragging that they like a certain band or bragging that they support a certain political party. It doesn't really hurt or help, the only thing it really does is stroke the ego of the person who owns the car.
comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

[QUOTE="mingmao3046"][QUOTE="Release The__Kraken"]

Duh.

The__Kraken

It all makes sense.

it's kinda the other way around though... for an older person, MUCH has already been invested in them in terms of time, money, etc... so it is FAR more valuable...
Avatar image for Azorius_Scholar
Azorius_Scholar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Azorius_Scholar
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Those stickers are obviously a protection spell against poor drivers.
SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6949 Posts

Do they honestly think I'm going to drive extra careful just because they have a baby in the car? Why should I care? I dont value your baby any more than a homeless bum on the street. Actually if anything I probably value the homeless man's life more than your baby's. The homeless guy probably has had a rough life and has lots of experiences/stories to share. Your baby just cries and poops his pants all day.

A baby is just another random human to me....not sure why people have this idea that they are special and deserve life more than another human who is older.

mingmao3046

Of course you think that because you are a complete a@@wipe. One day your little self indulgent pea brain may accidentally stumble on to thought that you aren't the intended audience. The odds are very low, but I suppose it is possible.

sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#33 sexyweapons
Member since 2009 • 5302 Posts

Dumb as fvck if you ask me.

Diablo-B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34 Diablo-B
Member since 2009 • 4063 Posts
Why do you care that they have them?chessmaster1989
Exactly. There are too many things in life to worry about them this.
-Fromage-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35 -Fromage-
Member since 2009 • 10572 Posts

Actually if anything I probably value the homeless man's life more than your baby's. mingmao3046

Lol, wow that's sad.

Jakejack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Jakejack
Member since 2003 • 181 Posts

[QUOTE="mingmao3046"][QUOTE="The__Kraken"]

Duh.

Fightingfan

In America white lives are more important than other lives. Look at the AR-15 innocent, but no one cares about the innocent kids dying from drones in Africa and middle east.

I know you are probably just a little kid and have not experience the real world yet but guess what? 

In Iran, Iranians value their lives more than other lives.  In China, the Chinese value their lives more than other lives.  In Japan, the Japanese value their lives more than other lives.

I never understood why kids potray world wide human flaws as exclusive to Americans only.  "Dude, I'm so edgy I go against the grain, fighting the system, through my hatred of America."

Jakejack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Jakejack

Duh.

Fightingfan

I know you are probably just a little kid and have not experience the real world yet but guess what? 

In Iran, Iranians value their lives more than other lives.  In China, the Chinese value their lives more than other lives.  In Japan, the Japanese value their lives more than other lives.

I never understood why kids potray world wide human flaws as exclusive to Americans only.  "Dude, I'm so edgy I go against the grain, fighting the system, through my hatred of America."

Jakejack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Jakejack

Duh.

Fightingfan

nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#39 nocoolnamejim
Member since 2003 • 15136 Posts
Serious question for the TC: Is there anything in the entire world that doesn't annoy, aggravate or piss you off in some way, shape or form? Every single thread you post is pretty much you bitc...hing about one thing or another.
TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TacticalDesire
Member since 2010 • 10713 Posts

[QUOTE="The__Kraken"]

Duh.

mingmao3046

Because the death of a baby is especially tragic.  It is very traumatizing for the parents.  It's not that hard to figure out.

If you want it from a less emotional perspective, which you probably do, because you seem challenged in that regard: a baby theoretically has the longest amount of life left, and therefore can make the greatest difference in the world.  By killing someone so young you are never giving them the chance to have experiences and leave their mark.

You say you value the homelss man for his experiences and what he can teach etc.  Well if he had died as a baby he would never have had those and his unique perspective would never have formed.

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts

They're not notices to other drivers, they're notices to anyone assisting in an accident. A baby is more difficult to find in mangled wreckage than an adult and could easily be looked over if there's no indication of a child in the car or anyone conscious to relay that information.

br0kenrabbit
I like how you have an interesting answer, but people overlook your post because they have no counter. :P
MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"][QUOTE="mingmao3046"] why should their baby's life be more valuable than an older person how about "people are in this car" bumper stickersJakejack

lovely tu quoque but i don't see what the iranians, chinese etc have to do with his argument
ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43 ghoklebutter
Member since 2007 • 19327 Posts

br0kenrabbit
Excellent response.
Jakejack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Jakejack

[QUOTE="Jakejack"]

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"] In America white lives are more important than other lives. Look at the AR-15 innocent, but no one cares about the innocent kids dying from drones in Africa and middle east.MrPraline

lovely tu quoque but i don't see what the iranians, chinese etc have to do with his argument

I was responding to a specific "off topic" quote so my original post actually had nothing to do with the original topic. 

In regards to the topic:

Practically every life form on this planet protects its offspring any way it can.  It may not be rational about it, and its methods of protection may be futile, silly, etc., but I am not suprised that some humans do every single thing possible to protect their genetic offpsring.

It's just the way mother nature "programmed" life to work, for lack of better terms.

Jakejack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Jakejack

[QUOTE="Jakejack"]

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"] In America white lives are more important than other lives. Look at the AR-15 innocent, but no one cares about the innocent kids dying from drones in Africa and middle east.MrPraline

I was responding to a specific "off topic" quote so my original post actually had nothing to do with the original topic. 

In regards to the topic:

Practically every life form on this planet protects its offspring any way it can.  It may not be rational about it, and its methods of protection may be futile, silly, etc., but I am not suprised that some humans do every single thing possible to protect their genetic offpsring.

It's just the way mother nature "programmed" life to work, for lack of better terms.

TacticalDesire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 TacticalDesire
Member since 2010 • 10713 Posts

Mingmao: righteously defending a father's right to kill a drunk driver that killed his two sons, then saying he doesnt give a damn about someone's baby and refusing to drive carefully.

mrbojangles25

One thing I've noticed with a lot of internet personas that go against the grain and promote certain actions that much of society finds reprehensible etc. is that they usually have extremely hypocritical views.  

During the whole LAPD thing with Dorner, you had all of these "edgy anarchists" and "fight for whats right" people defending his actions and saying that his killing of innocents was just because it was for a good cause.  Somewhat ironically, the very thing the LAPD had been doing wrong was exerting violence, abusing suspects, and endagering people.  Long story short, what Dorner did was no better than what the LAPD had done, but because most of society thought his actions were deplorable, there were those who felt that by supporting his actions they were intelligent, informed, or superior through cynicism.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Fightingfan

[QUOTE="Fightingfan"][QUOTE="mingmao3046"] why should their baby's life be more valuable than an older person how about "people are in this car" bumper stickersJakejack

>Calls me kid because I don't agree with his POV

>Uses Ad hominiem 

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

No wonder I don't take this place seriously anymore...

shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#49 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
Because you get more points if you crash into them.
bobaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 bobaban
Member since 2005 • 10560 Posts

mingmao3046
Babies have more potential than the homeless.