WHy do people hate muslims so much?

• 96 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 ISuperGamerI
Member since 2006 • 3292 Posts
[QUOTE="ISuperGamerI"][QUOTE="s3anx7007"][QUOTE="Suliman-Uchia"]

Why? I am a Muslim and why are we hated so much. Is it 9/11. Let me ask you this do you actually belive everthing Bush says? DO you have any proof we did anyting to do with 9/11? How do you not know it is a propagada?

s3anx7007

Ok? and I could ask why people hate americans so much. But for real, lets stop the 9/11 conspiracy BS, that pisses me off, people who believe it was a conspiracy are just as ignorant as people who "hate" americans or muslims. But have you ever been to the middle east? Im guessing a majority of those people dislike americans because of what they see on tv n what not..so lets not start a double standard-being that its ok to hate americans but not ok to hate muslims(there should be no hate between either one though)

Actually, not everyone from the Middle East hate Americans. You can not say something like that.

I said a majority, that doesnt mean everyone-it means 51 percent or more

It's still not that and I have lived in the Middle East for 7 years.

knut-am

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#52 knut-am
Member since 2003 • 1442 Posts
i don't hate Muslims. i don't hate Christians or Buddhist's or any other religious people. i dislike the extremist's on all sides, but i have met many fine Muslims in my time just as i have met many fine Christians. anyone who hate by the group is a foul.
bloodling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 bloodling
Member since 2006 • 5822 Posts
I don't see it as hate, but more as not understanding your values and not accepting it because they don't like the way women dress or such. People who hate muslims are still stuck with some terrorist idea in their head and should be ignored.
s3anx7007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 s3anx7007
Member since 2007 • 490 Posts
Im just saying people shouldnt be hating americans either... i mean if you read those threads about the marine throwing the puppy then you probably saw people saying they hate their own country now, yet theres some pretty disturbing things on the internet that terrorists(not nessascarily muslims) do to human beings, and no one says anything...so it jsut seems like theres more talk about hating americans than muslims.
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#55 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

s3anx7007

I don't think anyone really can say anything whatsoever about the people of the Middle East purely based on what you see in the news. You can say things about the few that you see in the news, but not beyond that. There are an awful lot of people there who just want to be left alone and allowed to live their lives in peace. Think about how many people you see in the news from the Middle East. A very generous estimate would put the number at 10,000. The number of people living in Iraq alone is nearly 30,000,000. That means that if all you saw were people from Iraq, you'd still have only gotten a glimpse at 3.3% of the population. That means that you have never even seen anything about 96.7% of the population.

This is precisely why I try my best to never, never talk in generalizations.

1fast6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#56 1fast6
Member since 2004 • 729 Posts
I don't "hate" muslims, and I disagree with your hypothesis that western people in general "hate" muslims... however, I do think most westerners don't understand or trust muslims... I guess hearing some muslims espouse a position of "hate of" western culture and "death to" westerners in general without their muslim brother saying to STFU... makes us a little wary and distrustful... you don't usually hear "death to muslims" in the west without a significantly louder backlash from other westerners to STFU... I just don't understand why the muslim majority is so silent on this...
Avatar image for UrbanSpartan125
UrbanSpartan125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#57 UrbanSpartan125
Member since 2006 • 3684 Posts
[QUOTE="s3anx7007"][QUOTE="ISuperGamerI"][QUOTE="s3anx7007"][QUOTE="Suliman-Uchia"]

Why? I am a Muslim and why are we hated so much. Is it 9/11. Let me ask you this do you actually belive everthing Bush says? DO you have any proof we did anyting to do with 9/11? How do you not know it is a propagada?

ISuperGamerI

Ok? and I could ask why people hate americans so much. But for real, lets stop the 9/11 conspiracy BS, that pisses me off, people who believe it was a conspiracy are just as ignorant as people who "hate" americans or muslims. But have you ever been to the middle east? Im guessing a majority of those people dislike americans because of what they see on tv n what not..so lets not start a double standard-being that its ok to hate americans but not ok to hate muslims(there should be no hate between either one though)

Actually, not everyone from the Middle East hate Americans. You can not say something like that.

The media portrays it that way, that is why people think they hate Americans. Inall actuality the majority of them liked us being there, they are trying to become more independent as time goes on but the majority of them don't mind our presence, they usually invite troops over for tea and have friendly conversations.

The media tends to exaggerate things way out of proportion, but i guess that is how they get ratings and in their world thats all that matters.

Avatar image for metallica_fan42
metallica_fan42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#58 metallica_fan42
Member since 2006 • 21143 Posts

Probably because we don't understand their culture/religion. Instead of trying to understand them, we choose to shun them. In all honesty, I have no clue, I'm just trying to sound somewhat smart.

Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Film-Guy
Member since 2007 • 26778 Posts
Because many people are ignorant and trust the media.
s3anx7007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 s3anx7007
Member since 2007 • 490 Posts
[QUOTE="ISuperGamerI"][QUOTE="s3anx7007"][QUOTE="ISuperGamerI"][QUOTE="s3anx7007"][QUOTE="Suliman-Uchia"]

UrbanSpartan125

The media portrays it that way, that is why people think they hate Americans. Inall actuality the majority of them liked us being there, they are trying to become more independent as time goes on but the majority of them don't mind our presence, they usually invite troops over for tea and have friendly conversations.

The media tends to exaggerate things way out of proportion, but i guess that is how they get ratings and in their world thats all that matters.

Yeah thats true..i guess everyone tends to get the exagerated/bad news on things

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 ISuperGamerI
Once again, when some of you guys say "Muslims" this does NOT include ALL Muslims since there are different types. Furthermore, if you have lived in the Middle East or were born there, then you can have a say as to what a sample of Muslims think of Americans and such. I would also like to mention that, Iraq is not the only country with Muslim people, obviously. And, not all Muslim women have to cover their hair, skin and such. There are a few sample of Muslims that have a different life style.
shoeman12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 shoeman12
Member since 2005 • 8744 Posts
i don't hate muslims, one of my best friends is lebanese. bush never said that all muslims were evil or whatever, and it's proven that al qaida was behind 9/11. that doesn't mean that all muslims are evil, anyone who says that is just racist.
MarineJcksn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 MarineJcksn
Member since 2007 • 1675 Posts
[QUOTE="MarineJcksn"]

People who hate muslims are idiots. Not all muslims are fundamental radicals, and every religion has those groups who take things way too far out of context and try to raise havoc. Look at the WBBS and that kook Fred Phelps.

Muslim, Christian, Jewish, whatever we should treat each other with dignity and respect to those who earn and deserve it.

Ragnarok1051

I wouldn't put them with any religion.

Nor would I. Those people are effin crazy. Protesting military funerals, yeah, thats exactly what Jesus would do!:x

hittin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#64 hittin
Member since 2005 • 26966 Posts
You have a lot to learn about stereotype and culture.
Patheticus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#65 Patheticus
Member since 2005 • 676 Posts
I just dislike the fact that some muslim countries can be pretty unfair to other religions
Bauers-Twin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#66 Bauers-Twin
Member since 2007 • 14150 Posts
yeah there's proof, alot of the people named as the criminals behind 9/11 were Muslim, Muslim fanatics blow themselves up everyday becuase thye think that's what allah wants, no Religion wants you to spite down non belivers, you're supposed to accept them, not kill them.
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#67 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

Nor would I. Those people are effin crazy. Protesting military funerals, yeah, thats exactly what Jesus would do!:x

MarineJcksn

If I recall correctly, Phelps declares that everyone, even Christians, who do not belong to his church and his church alone are all going to hell when they die. Even Jerry Falwell, one of the biggest icons of fundamentalist Christianity, declared that Phelps was a nut.

hokies1313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 hokies1313
Member since 2005 • 13919 Posts

First off I don't hate muslims. I hate people who pervert religion for their own ends, extremists.

Infact, being a Christian, I share the same God as Muslims do.

Just for reference, I don't appreciate you calling Bush a liar, when it has been proven several times over that a group of extremists, who happen to call themselves muslim, attacked the World Trade Center.

Sexy_Pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Sexy_Pirate
Member since 2006 • 3298 Posts

Suliman-Uchia

Bush never declared his hated of Muslims.

Namaste86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Namaste86
Member since 2008 • 247 Posts

I don't hate Muslims at all.

But your small 9/11 rant isn't going to help you with those that do...

cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#71 123625
Member since 2006 • 9035 Posts

I don't hate muslims, Muslims can be some of the nicest people in the world.

I hate your holy book and your prophet muhammad though.

1stCommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 1stCommando
Member since 2003 • 4969 Posts
I don't hate Muslims. My best friend is a Shiite Muslim. He was born here and has lived here his whole life, so he's just like me. His parents have a THICK accent though. I hate the radical Muslims that wanna kill all Americans though. But he's not like that, he is just like me, except for his religion and skin color. And he has to fast during Ramadan and do all the other stuff they have to do, but he really is just a normal American kid.
KG86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 KG86
Member since 2007 • 6021 Posts

People don't hate Muslims, they're just jealous of their beard growing abilities.

gummy_joe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#75 gummy_joe
Member since 2006 • 3331 Posts

and i thaught i was racist

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#77 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16028 Posts
I don't hate all religious people-- only the extremists.
gummy_joe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#78 gummy_joe
Member since 2006 • 3331 Posts
well add a city into the midle of that and you got ur answer
Youareinsecure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Youareinsecure
Member since 2008 • 112 Posts

If only we could all live in peace, harmony, and understanding of eachother.

xenos4

Not with testosterone and sexual drives we're not. Don't forget drugs. lol

1stCommando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 1stCommando
Member since 2003 • 4969 Posts
well add a city into the midle of that and you got ur answergummy_joe
Pakistan is the only Muslim country I can think of that has nuclear technology. And I don't think they've tested a bomb yet. So what are you talking about.
Crusher89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Crusher89
Member since 2007 • 480 Posts
the jews, the blacks, now the muslims. humans never change
Achilles438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#82 Achilles438
Member since 2006 • 5088 Posts

I dont hate muslims at all. But the religion conflicts with the one that I have; so I dont choose to associate with muslims.

Suliman-Uchia
Avatar image for Kritical_Strike
Kritical_Strike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Kritical_Strike
Member since 2006 • 4123 Posts

Extremist muslims were responsible for 9/11

I don't have anything against any non-extremist muslim.

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 ISuperGamerI

I dont hate muslims at all. But the religion conflicts with the one that I have; so I dont choose to associate with muslims.

[QUOTE="Suliman-Uchia"]

Achilles438

What are you talking about?

Setsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Setsa
Member since 2005 • 8431 Posts
Because the media tells people to. TV shows and magazines portray muslims as gun weilding suicidal maniacs when really they are no different from Christians or Jewish people (besides the core beliefs). It s the same thing with a lot of minority groups like black, gays, etc.
Achilles438

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#86 Achilles438
Member since 2006 • 5088 Posts

Christianity and Islam do not mix. There have been holy wars because of it. But as far as the people are concerned, i dont hate them, its part of my duty to try and convert them if I can.

[QUOTE="Achilles438"]

[QUOTE="Suliman-Uchia"]

ISuperGamerI

What are you talking about?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#87 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
I don't hate the, i hate those who want to kill innocent people for no god forsaken good reason. If he is a muslim or christian or whatever, that doesn't matter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#88 123625
Member since 2006 • 9035 Posts

Because the media tells people to. TV shows and magazines portray muslims as gun weilding suicidal maniacs when really they are no different from Christians or Jewish people (besides the core beliefs). It s the same thing with a lot of minority groups like black, gays, etc.Setsa

There is a complete difference between the three.

Setsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Setsa
Member since 2005 • 8431 Posts

[QUOTE="Setsa"]Because the media tells people to. TV shows and magazines portray muslims as gun weilding suicidal maniacs when really they are no different from Christians or Jewish people (besides the core beliefs). It s the same thing with a lot of minority groups like black, gays, etc.123625

There is a complete difference between the three.

In beliefs yes, but not in how they act on a regular basis. I can work/associate with/go to school with someone who is Jewish or Muslim, but it doesn't mean that they will act incredibly different from myself or other Christians. They're still people that have interests and feelings, and won't follow the stereotypical "crazy" muslim or "greedy" Jew images.
Avatar image for RKfromDownunder
RKfromDownunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 RKfromDownunder
Member since 2007 • 1463 Posts

I don't hate Muslims, but I certainly have issues with parts of their lifestyles.

My biggest issue is and always will be... the religion itself. I've got a few religious friends, and I ALWAYS keep at the back of my mind that they are religious. I just can't help it. I will openly admit, I trully fear religion. I fear what it can do to a person, how it can subtly alter their perceptions of life and reality; I've seen friends converted and when they changed... it was hard to relate to them anymore.

I don't have a problem if someone says that they don't really want to get along with another group of people, so long as they have a real reason for it. Skin colour does not suffice. I don't give a s*** that muslims often come from non-European backgrounds. Most of my friends aren't European.

Living in New Zealand, I'll say it openly that I trust Indonesia (the largest Islamic country in the world) about as far as I can piss. Their leadership is borderline fundamentalist and their army's command is no better. Radical Islam scares me, it scares me BIG time. I fear war like nothing else. But when I see the Islamic world and the world of Bush and Blair's religious right lined up against each other, it pisses me off.

How DARE they let the world get into such a state. The whole Middle East v's the West is one of the most disgusting situations in the history of mankind. They forget that people who hold no belief live in this world as well; and that the majority of them want nothing to do with those barbaric warmongers.

Ghelga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Ghelga
Member since 2004 • 4310 Posts

I don't know every Muslim so I cannot say I hate them, but I hardly cannot really talk to a few of Muslims that I've known online *due to the fact that they have had attitude issues :x and we've never ONCE talked about religion... :?* also they could work on their spelling. >__>

But the only reason I'm not on par with Muslims is due to the fact I enjoy eating bacon. Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to bash your religious belief about not eating bacon, but I just really enjoy consuming it in proper proportions every once in a while. :|

hishkarnib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 hishkarnib
Member since 2005 • 2625 Posts

Suliman-Uchia

its a sign of the day of judgement...

gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#93 gamingqueen
Member since 2004 • 31076 Posts

I don't hate muslims. I hate all prejudiced people ;)

I am a muslim.

hishkarnib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 hishkarnib
Member since 2005 • 2625 Posts
same alhamdilillah
PerilousWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 PerilousWolf
Member since 2007 • 1544 Posts

I don't hate muslims. I hate all prejudiced people ;)

I am a muslim.

gamingqueen

I do not hate Muslims, and have many muslim friends

(I live in Australia) you know what? All of them and most other muslims I know either dislike or hate Jews and/or America.

I talk to my friend and he says he hates Jews because of what Isreal does and I can't begin to tell him how unfair that is. Also that same for America. He hates Bush because of Iraq and now he hates America.

I would think many Muslims are guilty of hypocracy when talking about Hateing other countires and races.

PullTheTricker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 PullTheTricker
Member since 2006 • 4749 Posts

Maybe because they tend to be unsocial. If you cover your face up you will get hated. When communicating with someone I personally feel its a sign of disrespect when the person doesn't remove his hat/or sunglasses. Just a thought...

xxDustmanxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 xxDustmanxx
Member since 2007 • 2598 Posts

Maybe because they tend to be unsocial. If you cover your face up you will get hated. When communicating with someone I personally feel its a sign of disrespect when the person doesn't remove his hat/or sunglasses. Just a thought...

PullTheTricker

They look like ninjas.

Whicker89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Whicker89
Member since 2004 • 18919 Posts
Because you have some weird laws about women. But I dont care about religion of people.