WHy do people hate muslims so much?

• 96 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Suliman-Uchia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

#1 Suliman-Uchia
Member since 2007 • 893 Posts

Why? I am a Muslim and why are we hated so much. Is it 9/11. Let me ask you this do you actually belive everthing Bush says? DO you have any proof we did anyting to do with 9/11? How do you not know it is a propagada?

cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts

I don't hate Muslims at all.

But your small 9/11 rant isn't going to help you with those that do...

-LEXY-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 -LEXY-
Member since 2008 • 89 Posts
i love my muslim friends
Sparticus247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Sparticus247
Member since 2005 • 2368 Posts

Why? I am a Muslim and why are we hated so much. Is it 9/11. Let me ask you this do you actually belive everthing Bush says? DO you have any proof we did anyting to do with 9/11? How do you not know it is a propagada?

Suliman-Uchia

I have yet to meet a person who hates muslims. I even have a muslim frined named Sem who lived with us for about a month. He lives over in Holland, but canme up to stay and visit during December.

Avatar image for pintabear49blue
pintabear49blue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 pintabear49blue
Member since 2007 • 4809 Posts
ignorance is my guess.
ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
Because we cannot understand them. There religion is based on a certain area an culture. A culture that we have not encountered and a culture that we believe is bad. Don't get me wrong some things like killing for the faith is bad. But for the most part it is just a cultural differnce thing that people hate because they don't understand it.
ElArab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ElArab
Member since 2007 • 5754 Posts

I hardly ever hear any "muslim hate"...even for todays day in age.

btw, you just accidently started a "9/11 debate" thread, way to go.

Jak-25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jak-25
Member since 2007 • 2475 Posts
That's what I want to know. :(
Avatar image for Video_Game_King
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#9 Video_Game_King
Member since 2003 • 27545 Posts
Because people are dumbasses and think Aladdin or Osama equal Muslim. I'd say Muslim equals Dave Chappelle.
freshgman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 freshgman
Member since 2005 • 12241 Posts
i am one so i dont hate myself
Avatar image for forgetwatyahear
forgetwatyahear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 forgetwatyahear
Member since 2005 • 6260 Posts
i don't hat muslims,my dad is one. I'm a christianm but on topic,what the hell did you bring up 9/11 and goverment and blah blah blah.
SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#12 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
I think the answers you seek are fairly obvious. Is it right though? No...
ligerz76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 ligerz76
Member since 2007 • 2022 Posts
People don't hate Muslims, they are people too.;)
xenos4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 xenos4
Member since 2007 • 213 Posts

It's simple. They see "terrorists" on TV. These concepts are both alien to them and since they happen to have similar physical characteristics to most Muslims (brown skin, dark hair, etc.), they relate those people to us Muslims and have strong distaste and impulse prejudices against Muslims.

I'm not saying all people (in the Western World) feel this way, because not all do. It's just that there are those people who believe what they see on the media and perceive it as the worst: that all Muslims are evil, which isn't true.

If only we could all live in peace, harmony, and understanding of eachother.

battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#15 battlefront23
Member since 2006 • 12625 Posts
I'm a Christian but I don't hate muslims... the only things I hate are sin and Satan... What I ask, why do people dislike Christians?
Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts
I think Christians are hated more.
Suliman-Uchia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Suliman-Uchia

In my school alot of them even teacher hate muslims becasue of 9/11. It doens't annoy me too much but sometimes I don't know why.

battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 battlefront23

I think Christians are hated more.Ragnarok1051

yeah true that :P but I've done nothing to be hated over...

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ragnarok1051

In my school alot of them even teacher hate muslims becasue of 9/11. It doens't annoy me too much but sometimes I don't know why.

Suliman-Uchia

So your school equals the world's opinion?

Avatar image for forgetwatyahear
forgetwatyahear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 forgetwatyahear
Member since 2005 • 6260 Posts

Suliman-Uchia
look at xenos post. It makes alot of sense.
zombieman666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 137

#21 zombieman666
Member since 2006 • 3514 Posts

I gess 9/11, I don't know or r care.

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Ragnarok1051

[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"]I think Christians are hated more.battlefront23

yeah thrue that :P but I've done nothing to be hated over...

I think most hate stems from the Crusades, but talk about holding a grudge.

Avatar image for Raged-wolverine
Raged-wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Raged-wolverine
Member since 2005 • 6075 Posts

tht's cuz most ppl r ignorant and believe everything the media propagates...

btw..i'm a muslim as well...:D

battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 battlefront23
[QUOTE="battlefront23"]

[QUOTE="Ragnarok1051"]I think Christians are hated more.Ragnarok1051

yeah thrue that :P but I've done nothing to be hated over...

Seriously, that was the catholic church... They weren't very good followers of the Word

I think most hate stems from the Crusades, but talk about holding a grudge.

HellsAngel2c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25 HellsAngel2c
Member since 2004 • 5540 Posts

there was really no reason to bring up 9/11

but to answer your question- bigotry. The same reason why people hate blacks, Jews, Protestants and Catholics.

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ISuperGamerI
Member since 2006 • 3292 Posts

Because we cannot understand them. There religion is based on a certain area an culture. A culture that we have not encountered and a culture that we believe is bad. Don't get me wrong some things like killing for the faith is bad. But for the most part it is just a cultural differnce thing that people hate because they don't understand it.ferrari2001

Actually, there is different types of Muslims and the terrorist types are not the same as the normal Muslims that you see in the store or something.

NSR34GTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 NSR34GTR
Member since 2007 • 13179 Posts
well im a muslim i dont hate my self lol but anyway i havnt come across "muslim hate"
Gh0st_Of_0nyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Gh0st_Of_0nyx
Member since 2007 • 8992 Posts

We have evidence that all the 9-11 hijackers were muslims :roll:

And by no means do I hate muslims I just dont trust the terrorist muslims :P

MarineJcksn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MarineJcksn
Member since 2007 • 1675 Posts

People who hate muslims are idiots. Not all muslims are fundamental radicals, and every religion has those groups who take things way too far out of context and try to raise havoc. Look at the WBBS and that kook Fred Phelps.

Muslim, Christian, Jewish, whatever we should treat each other with dignity and respect to those who earn and deserve it.

CIoud_S

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 CIoud_S
Member since 2007 • 3216 Posts
Know what I hate about muslim women? Their hideous fashion sense. Seriously, where are the colors people? So unfabulous. :roll:
Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Ragnarok1051

People who hate muslims are idiots. Not all muslims are fundamental radicals, and every religion has those groups who take things way too far out of context and try to raise havoc. Look at the WBBS and that kook Fred Phelps.

Muslim, Christian, Jewish, whatever we should treat each other with dignity and respect to those who earn and deserve it.

MarineJcksn

I wouldn't put them with any religion.

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ISuperGamerI
I should also mention that the only "Muslim hate" I have seen or rather heard was on Xbox Live during a few games. However, those people were just ignorant "American kids" (15 and 16 year olds) that were also making fun of Mexicans.
Avatar image for UrbanSpartan125
UrbanSpartan125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 UrbanSpartan125
Member since 2006 • 3684 Posts

When Terrorists attacked the World Trade Center, the Pentagon and another hijacked aircraft that crashed in Pennsylvania, they did it because of the Islam religion, yes the were extremists but that is why they did it. The situation for the past 30 years hasn't helped either, The bombing of the World Trade Center in 1993, the 1983 Beirut barracks bombing which killed 241 marines, the acts of 9/11 and countless others all of those were carried out by muslims. And the things that are going on in Iraq now, suicide bombs, blowing up themselves in crowded markets.

I know this doesn't represent muslims as a whole, these are extremists, but they give a bad reputation to the religion as a whole. That is why many people dislike the religion and people.

I dont hate muslims, i think it is foolish to hate an entire group of people based on the acts of few, but i gave you the reason why some people do dislike them.

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ISuperGamerI

No what I hate about muslim women? Their hideous fashion sense. Seriously, where are the colors people? So unfabulous. :roll:CIoud_S

That is due to the religeon and the government.

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#35 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

Suliman-Uchia

There are a lot of ignorant people out there who look at people like Osama bin Laden and think "Muslim". It's an unfortunate fact that the most vocal members of a group (who are also generally the most extreme) tend to be the ones that the people are most liable to associate with that group. This always results in people getting the wrong impression about most any group, be they Muslims, Christians, youth, or what have you. All you can really do is to try to show the people the error of their ways.

That said, however, implying that 9/11 was a government conspiracy doesn't really help your case. Osama bin Laden openly admitted to it and every single one of the hijackers was a Muslim from the Middle East. Both the evidence and Occam's Razor support the assertion that it was planned and carried out by terrorists instead of being a giant conspiracy that would have required thousands of people to be kept quiet. You don't have to think that Muslims are evil to think that this statement is true.

CIoud_S

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 CIoud_S

ISuperGamerI
Thanks Capt Obvious :)
Suliman-Uchia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Suliman-Uchia

MarineJcksn

Well just becasue somebody hates some religons dosen't mean they are idots though. Though everone has theiown chioce. I think it is time for me to joing Bin Ladin. j/k :)

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ISuperGamerI

When Terrorists attacked the World Trade Center, the Pentagon and another hijacked aircraft that crashed in pennsylvania, they did it because of the Islam religion, yes the were extremists but that is why they did it. The situation for the past 30 years hasny helped either, The bombing of the World Trade Center in 1993, the 1983 Beirut barracks bombing which killed 241 marines, the acts of 9/11 and countless others. And the things that are going on in Iraq now, suicide bombs, blowing up themselves in crowded markets.

I know this doesn't represent muslims as a whole, these are extremists, but they give a bad reputation to the religion as a whole. That is why many people dislike the religion and people.

UrbanSpartan125

Islam is only one type of the Muslim religion and way of living in life. Those terrorists do such thing as they thing it's what the Almighty would like to see and such. I am not going to talk about it in further detail though. You get the point.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#39 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts
I don't hate muslims. That's as much al qaeda trying to propagate that the west hates muslims as bush.
AS-All-Star

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 AS-All-Star
Member since 2008 • 304 Posts
I think the question should be 'why does the media hate muslims so much?'. Cos i've never met anybody who hates muslims or Islam, but most red-tops (sun, NOTW etc) seem to perpetuate the 'all muslims are extremists and you shouldn't trust them' stereotype. Reason? fear sells papers, simple as...
Suliman-Uchia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Suliman-Uchia
[QUOTE="Suliman-Uchia"]

GabuEx

There are a lot of ignorant people out there who look at people like Osama bin Laden and think "Muslim". It's an unfortunate fact that the most vocal members of a group (who are also generally the most extreme) tend to be the ones that the people are most liable to associate with that group. This always results in people getting the wrong impression about most any group, be they Muslims, Christians, youth, or what have you. All you can really do is to try to show the people the error of their ways.

That said, however, implying that 9/11 was a government conspiracy doesn't really help your case. Osama bin Laden openly admitted to it and every single one of the hijackers was a Muslim from the Middle East. Both the evidence and Occam's Razor support the assertion that it was planned and carried out by terrorists instead of being a giant conspiracy that would have required thousands of people to be kept quiet. You don't have to think that Muslims are evil to think that this statement is true.

You know OSams could have done that so they fear muslims. I don't know.

ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ISuperGamerI
[QUOTE="ISuperGamerI"]

CIoud_S

Thanks Capt Obvious :)

Not everyone knows that and you did ask the question. :)

s3anx7007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 s3anx7007
Member since 2007 • 490 Posts

Suliman-Uchia

Ok? and I could ask why people hate americans so much. But for real, lets stop the 9/11 conspiracy BS, that pisses me off, people who believe it was a conspiracy are just as ignorant as people who "hate" americans or muslims. But have you ever been to the middle east? Im guessing a majority of those people dislike americans because of what they see on tv n what not..so lets not start a double standard-being that its ok to hate americans but not ok to hate muslims(there should be no hate between either one though)

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 GabuEx

i've never met anybody who hates muslims or IslamAS-All-Star

I have. It's not pretty.

Avatar image for UrbanSpartan125
UrbanSpartan125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45 UrbanSpartan125
Member since 2006 • 3684 Posts
[QUOTE="GabuEx"][QUOTE="Suliman-Uchia"]

Suliman-Uchia

Why are you defending the terrorists? There is overwhelming proof that it was masterminded by Osama Bin Laden and carried out by Muslim extremists. You really aren't helping out your case by saying that.

Even so, we never feared muslims. It made people enraged, that is why we went to war. You cant expect to attack the most powerful nation on earth and not have consequences it was a matter of will power and at the time many Americans had a strong will to retaliate.

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 GabuEx

Suliman-Uchia

I know what? I'm not sure what you're saying.

Of course Osama would like the West to viscerally hate Muslims. That much is obvious, as it would greatly help his case. That doesn't mean that the ones who perpetrated 9/11 were not Muslims, however.

Dracargen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Dracargen
Member since 2007 • 7928 Posts

The occurrence of 9/11 enforces the stereotypes propagated by certain people about Islam.

CIoud_S

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 CIoud_S
People fear what they don;t understand and lets face it; when the most radical of your religion is the most vocal and most covered by the media (and that's going to happen when they're blowing stuff up), it's easy to jump to the wrong conclusions.
ISuperGamerI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ISuperGamerI
[QUOTE="Suliman-Uchia"]

s3anx7007

Ok? and I could ask why people hate americans so much. But for real, lets stop the 9/11 conspiracy BS, that pisses me off, people who believe it was a conspiracy are just as ignorant as people who "hate" americans or muslims. But have you ever been to the middle east? Im guessing a majority of those people dislike americans because of what they see on tv n what not..so lets not start a double standard-being that its ok to hate americans but not ok to hate muslims(there should be no hate between either one though)

Actually, not everyone from the Middle East hate Americans. You can not say something like that.

s3anx7007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 s3anx7007
Member since 2007 • 490 Posts
[QUOTE="s3anx7007"][QUOTE="Suliman-Uchia"]

ISuperGamerI

Actually, not everyone from the Middle East hate Americans. You can not say something like that.

I said a majority, that doesnt mean everyone-it means 51 percent or more