Why do countries like Sweden and Italy have low birth rates?

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
[QUOTE="Lonelynight"][QUOTE="gamerguru100"] Blame our politicians, not us. gamerguru100
Politicians that are elected by the people.

We don't control their actions though. Politicians give false promises and act only in their own interest. We either elect politicians for the best or go to full blown anarchy. F*ck, we're headed that way anyway.

I know, I just find it easier to just blame the West.
TehFuneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 TehFuneral
Member since 2007 • 8237 Posts

Since they are Epidemiologically developed countries.

I am going to go ahead and assuse they have already moved from the late stationary phase into the declining phase, marked by the decreased number of both births and deaths.They probably have a near stationary growth pyramid.

Education, socioeconomic, marriage and family planing all play a major role here.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#53 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts

I am going to go ahead and assuse they have already moved from the late stationary phase into the declining phase, marked by the decreased number of both births and deaths.They probably have a near stationary growth pyramid.

Education, socioeconomic, marriage and family planing all play a major role here.

TehFuneral
its interesting to note, but the countries with the lowest fertility rates in the Middle East are countries like Oman , the UAE , Kuwait , Qatar, all relatively rich countries, albeit with relatively conservative values although for whatever reason , the country with the lowest fertility rate in the region is Iran , at least according to the world bank, which makes you wonder whats different there data.worldbank.org/indicator/SP.DYN.TFRT.IN
SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#54 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

[QUOTE="TehFuneral"]

Darkman2007

its interesting to note, but the countries with the lowest fertility rates in the Middle East are countries like Oman , the UAE , Kuwait , Qatar, all relatively rich countries, albeit with relatively conservative values although for whatever reason , the country with the lowest fertility rate in the region is Iran , at least according to the world bank, which makes you wonder whats different there data.worldbank.org/indicator/SP.DYN.TFRT.IN

kinda of a cool map i found on Google.

i compared Saudi Arabia, UAE, Israel, USA, China and Japan

overall decline, except at the moment increase in Israel (with the highest rate of 3.03) and USA has a slight uptick.

not that surprised at all by how astronomically high Saudi Arabia's is, have so so many cousins to prove it :P

720px-TFR_vs_PPP_2009.svg.png

I wonder if 2.33 is supposed to be that magic number that maintains the population, but i don't know if it takes into account immigration and emmigration. Like many of Europes, and America's economy is maintained by having a positive influx of immigrants. Whereas Saudi Arabia and Japan have extremely hard immigration laws. Israel allows for immigration but also has a positive fertility rate regardless if immigration is taken into account.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#55 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="TehFuneral"]

SaudiFury

kinda of a cool map i found on Google.

i compared Saudi Arabia, UAE, Israel, USA, China and Japan

overall decline, except at the moment increase in Israel (with the highest rate of 3.03) and USA has a slight uptick.

not that surprised at all by how astronomically high Saudi Arabia's is, have so so many cousins to prove it :P

sadly that link doesn't work , but I have the world bank data in front of me, I would imagine it to be fairly accurate. in the US I would imagine the fertility rate is increasing a bit due to immigration (particularly from Latin America) those populations tend to have more children. in Israel its rising due to a different reason , and its been rising for several years. and yeah , I know the feeling, I think I must have something like 10 or 11 cousins, hell , I can't remember all of their names sometimes :P
osirisx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#56 osirisx3
Member since 2012 • 2113 Posts

because godless liberals use condoms and abort their babies

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#57 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

Don't know, there are too many variables. Perhaps the countries put more emphasis on waiting to have sex? I have never been to either of those countries so cannot say. I think The Major Mayor is from Sweden so you should ask him, he might know something.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
Sweden has a shortage of jobs so it's not uncommon that young swedes travel to Norway, Finland and Denmark for work, sometimes they decide to stay and eventually start up a family there. That and there's a decline in birthrate overall in Europe
dramaybaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 dramaybaz
Member since 2005 • 6020 Posts

Cost of living, contraceptives, and no they are not all hot as you may think.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

With all the hot women in those countries, you'd think the guys would be banging them like crazy.

inb4 they're all just using contraceptives

I'm sure dudes would want to have long term relationships and kids with such good looking women, yes?

gamerguru100
Contracep........oh. Well TC it's clearly because they are all more pure than us godless Americans. That or they just don't like sex.
Ncsoftlover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61 Ncsoftlover
Member since 2007 • 2152 Posts

[QUOTE="Lonelynight"][QUOTE="gamerguru100"] Plus the world really doesn't need seven billion people. The Earth doesn't have enough resources for seven billion people to live like Americans and Western Europeans. gamerguru100
Americans and western europeans need to stop being selfish ****

Blame our politicians, not us.

It has nothing to do with politician, look at your typical American suburb with rows and rows of 4000 sq ft homes, you'd know the reason that the world can't support 7 billion people is not because of politicians.

XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts
I read in a cosmo or something that it isn't unusual for people in Italy to live at home until they're in their 30s. Since people are now only having one or two children instead of a half dozen, this generation isn't pumping out the kids like they used to be, and it's taking them longer to do it. Dunno why really, but that could be a possibility.
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
those counties are just not worth living in.....
SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#64 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts
I read in a cosmo or something that it isn't unusual for people in Italy to live at home until they're in their 30s. Since people are now only having one or two children instead of a half dozen, this generation isn't pumping out the kids like they used to be, and it's taking them longer to do it. Dunno why really, but that could be a possibility.XilePrincess
at 26 i'm only at home because i can't get a job in my field, have a job that is just enough to service my loan repayments. meanwhile can't find any work at the moment in my field, nevermind a field i'm interested in. I hope something comes through, i'm actively working at it, but almost nothing at all. trust me in my case, nothing would make me happier then to move out of my folks place and be able to support myself.
gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts
[QUOTE="gamerguru100"]

With all the hot women in those countries, you'd think the guys would be banging them like crazy.

inb4 they're all just using contraceptives

I'm sure dudes would want to have long term relationships and kids with such good looking women, yes?

Serraph105
Contracep........oh. Well TC it's clearly because they are all more pure than us godless Americans. That or they just don't like sex.

What hetero guy wouldn't wanna bang a hot blonde Swedish chick? Then again all the feminists there are mad because guys refuse to pee sitting down. I blame the feminists.
gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

[QUOTE="gamerguru100"][QUOTE="Lonelynight"] Americans and western europeans need to stop being selfish ****Ncsoftlover

Blame our politicians, not us.

It has nothing to do with politician, look at your typical American suburb with rows and rows of 4000 sq ft homes, you'd know the reason that the world can't support 7 billion people is not because of politicians.

What do all the countries in your sig have in common besides the fact they're all on Earth? :P
roadwish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 roadwish
Member since 2005 • 425 Posts

1) People want to have good job before they have children which means they might be around 30 when they have their first child.

2) In order to guarantee that your children have good lives growing up it is unwise to have too many of them because you can't guarantee that they get everything you want to give them.

3)Also many people live in small apartments and they don't want to raise their children in a small apartments so they wait for when they get bigger living place or they have 1 child that can live in the apartment comfortably