Who would win, Spartan or Viking ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

R3Miix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 R3Miix
Member since 2008 • 214 Posts

Spartans trained at the age of 7 taken from there families trained ruthlessly and aged 12 there physical education was intensified, discipline became much harsher, and the boys were loaded with extra tasks. The youths had to go barefoot, and were dressed only in a tunic both in summer and in winter.

Vikings ruthless ,vicious and deadly .

Thor or Hercules you decide

-_Rain_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 -_Rain_-
Member since 2009 • 886 Posts

Remember that documentary on the Spartans they had a couple years ago? They'd totally win.

crazboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 crazboy84
Member since 2009 • 146 Posts
vikings would of gotten there asses handed to them by the spartans. the vikings relyed on brutality and fear while the spartans relyed on cunning and tactics. btw i am of nordic descent.
blackngold29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 blackngold29
Member since 2004 • 14137 Posts
Until somebody makes an awesome Viking movie, the Spartans would.
-Absinthe-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#5 -Absinthe-
Member since 2008 • 4181 Posts

As much as I like Vikings, I'm going to say Spartans.

Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

Thor or Hercules you decide

R3Miix

Thor would kick Hercules' ass.

TheFragcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 TheFragcat
Member since 2008 • 2466 Posts

Spartans!

FlyingArmbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FlyingArmbar
Member since 2009 • 1545 Posts

In group warfare, Spartans. One on one I might be inclined to choose the Spartans, but it would be much closer. They both began training as young children, and despite what others may say, they were skilled warriors and intelligent people. They had small colonies all over Europe, Britain, Greenland, and the Americas.

I think that the vikings arguably had better weapons for one on one confrontations. But even though their armour was made of steel, the Spartans were covered head to toe with bronze.

markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts
Spartan obviously, Spartans are trained to be warriors, Vikings are just Scandinavians apart from the very top people like the king and his body guards they were just farmers who could fight if they needed to.
SegaGenesisfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SegaGenesisfan
Member since 2008 • 1085 Posts

Well to put it into perspective the vikings had ships, arrows, enginuity, spartans had pure soldiery. I am going to go with Vikings because they would just simply raid at night or something that would be a disadvantage to phalanxes. Spartans were overrated, I mean sure there was thermopoly, but the battle afterwards (where there were many more spartans involved), they got owned. Spartans do not have many numbers, they are very unflexible, there is a reason why they died out over time. The intense training and stuff was actually their downfall because it lowered the population significantly, they had tons of slaves to guard over. Keep in mind that Thermopoly was won more because of Athens than it was the 300 spartans. Vikings were not stupid, they made those ships and sailed to Greenland.

I understand it is singular spartan or singular viking, in that case we are talking about berserkers amirite? That is a tough call because those berserkers I tell you were just as bad as the spartans.

_LiquidFlame_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 _LiquidFlame_
Member since 2007 • 13736 Posts

Spartans for sure.

FlyingArmbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FlyingArmbar
Member since 2009 • 1545 Posts

Spartan obviously, Spartans are trained to be warriors, Vikings are just Scandinavians apart from the very top people like the king and his body guards they were just farmers who could fight if they needed to.markop2003

They were far from JUST farmers. They were taught to make and use weapons from a very early age, and they spent years learning these skills. They even had their own hand-to-hand combat system. And all viking men were expected to carry weapons.

You can call them warrior farmers if you'd like. :lol:

Holy_Xbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Holy_Xbox
Member since 2008 • 489 Posts
Depends, if the battle is on sea the spartan will be owned. If in land the viking would not charge blindly while the spartan formed a "wall of spears", they would throw their famous "axe throwing to the face". So Viking will definitely win.
69ANT69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 69ANT69
Member since 2007 • 8472 Posts
Spartan for sure.
thepwninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 thepwninator
Member since 2006 • 8134 Posts
I'm inclined to say Vikings, as they had technology on their side. They had iron and steel weapons and armor, as well as chain mail IIRC. Therefore, they were more mobile AND better protected than Spartans. Any difference in skill that they may have had (which would have been small) would have been overshadowed by this.
duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts
The Spartans relied on too much CGI.
escapeoftheape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 escapeoftheape
Member since 2007 • 1576 Posts
no contest. the vikings would pwn those spartan arses. spartans would stand no chance to the ancient scandinavian fighting techniques. theyd all die a miserable death.
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

Spartan

Ulises2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ulises2012
Member since 2006 • 499 Posts
Spartan by far
THE_DRUGGIE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#20 THE_DRUGGIE
Member since 2006 • 25107 Posts

The spectators...Wait, maybe not since their heads would explode from the sheer awesomeness of the battle.

Avatar image for modestkraut1291
modestkraut1291

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 modestkraut1291
Member since 2009 • 763 Posts

I'm of Nordic descent so I'll say Vikings :D

But honestly I have limited knowledge of both so I can't really make a educated guess.

Deihjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Deihjan
Member since 2008 • 30213 Posts
Hercules wasn't Spartan. And I would win, I'm a viking. *growls*
fidosim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#23 fidosim
Member since 2003 • 12901 Posts
The Vikings wouldn't fight the Spartans, but would instead settle down and make sex with the Spartan women, who were said to be the most beautiful of any of the Greek cities.
Deihjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Deihjan
The Vikings wouldn't fight the Spartans, but would instead settle down and make sex with the Spartan women, who were said to be the most beautiful of any of the Greek cities.fidosim
... no we wouldn't :o We do not need those tiny, fragile women. Our women are strong, can give birth to cow, and still fight in battlefield. *heavy danish accent*
Blu_Falcon37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Blu_Falcon37
Member since 2006 • 4041 Posts

Spartan easily.

fidosim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 fidosim
[QUOTE="fidosim"]The Vikings wouldn't fight the Spartans, but would instead settle down and make sex with the Spartan women, who were said to be the most beautiful of any of the Greek cities.Deihjan
... no we wouldn't :o We do not need those tiny, fragile women. Our women are strong, can give birth to cow, and still fight in battlefield. *heavy danish accent*

That's the greatest legacy you guys left though. There's people with some Viking blood in them in all of the places the vikings raided. France (Kingdom of Brittany, anyone?), Russia, the British Isles. You made a lot of sex.
Holy_Xbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Holy_Xbox
Member since 2008 • 489 Posts
[QUOTE="fidosim"]The Vikings wouldn't fight the Spartans, but would instead settle down and make sex with the Spartan women, who were said to be the most beautiful of any of the Greek cities.Deihjan

Good one
Avatar image for deactivated-5e7d3c08ed601
deactivated-5e7d3c08ed601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5e7d3c08ed601
Member since 2007 • 6696 Posts

Spartans obviously

Deihjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Deihjan
[QUOTE="fidosim"] That's the greatest legacy you guys left though. You made a lot of sex.

..are you saying I'm a cow? :o Are you disrespecting the house of Hansen?! ...Are you challenging me to a fight to the death, with nothing but our fists and mud?![QUOTE="Holy_Xbox"] Good one

Why thank you :oops:
fidosim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 fidosim
[QUOTE="fidosim"] That's the greatest legacy you guys left though. You made a lot of sex.Deihjan
..are you saying I'm a cow? :o Are you disrespecting the house of Hansen?! ...Are you challenging me to a fight to the death, with nothing but our fists and mud?!

As a matter of fact, I am. :x
Deihjan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Deihjan
[QUOTE="Deihjan"][QUOTE="fidosim"] That's the greatest legacy you guys left though. You made a lot of sex.fidosim
..are you saying I'm a cow? :o Are you disrespecting the house of Hansen?! ...Are you challenging me to a fight to the death, with nothing but our fists and mud?!

As a matter of fact, I am. :x

Oh, ok. I was just checking :P
chugachea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 chugachea
Member since 2008 • 736 Posts

Well thor is a god and hercules isnt quite so thor would win... but spartans would win hands down because they're my highschools mascot =D