Who else hates Robot Chicken?

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Puxido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Puxido
Member since 2011 • 240 Posts

I just watched their toy story episode.... ive looked for fanart on google/bing without finding more disturbing S### than that.  Toy story was my childhood!  Now I fear I can never watch it again. :cry:

Who else feels the same, whether it's rescue rangers or starwars, did Robot Chicken destroy something for you?

jim_shorts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#2 jim_shorts
Member since 2006 • 7320 Posts

It has a very childish sense of humor for sure. 

Puxido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Puxido

It has a very childish sense of humor for sure. 

jim_shorts

Did it ruin something from your childhood?

Puxido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Puxido

eds indianaThis Is how cartoons should be remembered.

eds ganj  Bad but still better then robot Chicken.

eds anime  Disturbing but i kinda like it.

(Do not own any of these, found on deviantart)  This is how cartoons should be rememberd, not let into the hands of robot chicken.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

I think it's hilarious. I love Seth Green.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

Robot Chicken is pretty good. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts
It was hit or miss, and reaks of trying too hard, But some of the sketches are pretty hilarious. Haven't seen an episode in years though.
dagreenfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 dagreenfish
Member since 2010 • 1818 Posts
I don't watch it, but the bits I've seen we're pretty funny.
Puxido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Puxido

I really dont like it, ive tried to watch it because my friends like it, and its DISTURBING!  Ive watched the Rescue rangers bit and the Toy Story 4 bit.  I distasted it at the rescue rangers (was never really part of my childhood, never knew it igsisted really beyond a few scense i saw while flipping the channels) but Toys Story was going too far!  It was a major bit of my childhood, It will never be exactly the same again.  Seth Green is Nyarlathotep (Lovecraftian god) in disguise, and he made Robot Chicken to harm us at a mental level.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts

If anyone's childhood is "destroyed" or "ruined" because someone makes a parody/remake/re-imaganing/whatever of what you held dear when you were a kid, then that person has got some serious issues.

Toph_Girl250

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Toph_Girl250
Member since 2008 • 48978 Posts
*Raises hand* That show is just pathetic and disgusting.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#12 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

I really dont like it, ive tried to watch it because my friends like it, and its DISTURBING!  Ive watched the Rescue rangers bit and the Toy Story 4 bit.  I distasted it at the rescue rangers (was never really part of my childhood, never knew it igsisted really beyond a few scense i saw while flipping the channels) but Toys Story was going too far!  It was a major bit of my childhood, It will never be exactly the same again.  Seth Green is Nyarlathotep (Lovecraftian god) in disguise, and he made Robot Chicken to harm us at a mental level.

Puxido

Disturbing? It's satire. Shows that display gratuitous violence, or glorify teenage pregnancies, or put random, idiotic pseudocelebrities on pedestals are far more disturbing.

CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts

Well I find it hilarious. 

kittensRjerks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 kittensRjerks
Member since 2010 • 3802 Posts

I haven't watched that show in year, but I use to like it when I did.

Puxido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Puxido

If anyone's childhood is "destroyed" or "ruined" because someone makes a parody/remake/re-imaganing/whatever of what you held dear when you were a kid, then that person has got some serious issues.

Hallenbeck77

My childhood is not truely "Ruined", but i am merely angry.  The show is disgusting, there is such thing as satire, and parody, but thigns CAN go too far!  The show entails horrible values!  In the clip i saw, buzz became mentally retarded due to the fact that andy used him to creat a bong and become, apaplogize for the term, buzzed (i am ashamed i giggled at that, but i love a good pun).  In the end the other characters sufficate him to "put him out of his misery", I feel this is a horrible thing to put on televesion, and worse when it moves toward the internet!  Younger and Younger audiances are watching these shows with their families, and not too mention how many children could have watched this on the internet!  And not to mention there are some unstable people out there in general!  If a crime is commited of similar fashion, and it is revealed that the criminal watched the show, I am sure this show would be off the air (whether or not it was the cause of his decision making).  That is how many shows are removed from television sadly (wheter they are good or bad, in this case bad, and whether they should have been or shouldnt have been, in this case should).  Some satires Embrace a show in a possitive manner, like spaceballs!  But this show does not, it rips and tears at them destroying whatever essense they had left, like a concept whose memeory is dying.  Toy story and other shows/movies ranging from the 90s-present have been corrupted in this fashion.  I truely feel we should go back to 60s-90s humor, like ed edd n eddy or the andy griffith show, these showed TRUE comedy, NOT toilet humor!

Puxido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Puxido

*Raises hand* That show is just pathetic and disgusting. Toph_Girl250

Im with you on that

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Hallenbeck77  Moderator

[QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"]

Puxido

My childhood is not truely "Ruined", but i am merely angry.  The show is disgusting, there is such thing as satire, and parody, but thigns CAN go too far!  The show entails horrible values!  In the clip i saw, buzz became mentally retarded due to the fact that andy used him to creat a bong and become, apaplogize for the term, buzzed (i am ashamed i giggled at that, but i love a good pun).  In the end the other characters sufficate him to "put him out of his misery", I feel this is a horrible thing to put on televesion, and worse when it moves toward the internet!  Younger and Younger audiances are watching these shows with their families, and not too mention how many children could have watched this on the internet!  And not to mention there are some unstable people out there in general!  If a crime is commited of similar fashion, and it is revealed that the criminal watched the show, I am sure this show would be off the air (whether or not it was the cause of his decision making).  That is how many shows are removed from television sadly (wheter they are good or bad, in this case bad, and whether they should have been or shouldnt have been, in this case should).  Some satires Embrace a show in a possitive manner, like spaceballs!  But this show does not, it rips and tears at them destroying whatever essense they had left, like a concept whose memeory is dying.  Toy story and other shows/movies ranging from the 90s-present have been corrupted in this fashion.  I truely feel we should go back to 60s-90s humor, like ed edd n eddy or the andy griffith show, these showed TRUE comedy, NOT toilet humor!

Like I said, if you're worked up in a tizzy because Hollywood's latest interpretation of something from your childhood doesn't measure up to your standards of what's good, you got serious issues. It's a goddamn dopey cartoon show AIMED FOR ADULTS. Someone needs to lighten up. Seriously.
Puxido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Puxido

[QUOTE="Puxido"]

[QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"]

Hallenbeck77

Like I said, if you're worked up in a tizzy because Hollywood's latest interpretation of something from your childhood doesn't measure up to your standards of what's good, you got serious issues. It's a goddamn dopey cartoon show AIMED FOR ADULTS. Someone needs to lighten up. Seriously.

I really dont like being in a dissagreement with another bundy fan, but i have to dissagree.  It's not that it doesnt measure up toward my standards, its the form of comedy.  Dark humor/toilet humor is degrading minds, on its own toilet humor can be fine, take adventure time for example, but combined, we'll end up a bunch of cartmens, not knowing the difference between comedy and, well, the news.  Lets take the budies for example,  Al enjoyed Phsyco dad, a dark comedy, it was apparently a fine show! Now lets take Adventure time, i dont really watch it, but from my understanding its fine on its own as well!  But if we combined the two, it would be a horrible, HORRIBLE show!  Lets take the simpsons, occasional dark humor, is a fine show!  Now southpark adds toilet humor and racial/religious humor, its a horrible show (in my opinion, lets not argue bout this).  Family guy sorta gets away with this because for the most part its one or the other in a particular episode.  But i truely think we should be stepping away from toilet humor all together and work back toward proper slapstick!  like in the good ol days

Puxido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Puxido

pat fus How cartoons should be remembered

MonoSilver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MonoSilver
Member since 2013 • 1392 Posts
I've only seen the first two series but I think it's brilliant.
Puxido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Puxido

If anyone EVER asks me what robot chicken is, i will only say...

There are some things man is not meant to know!

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6822 Posts

Hello Woody!

Pittfan666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#23 Pittfan666
Member since 2003 • 8638 Posts
From what I've seen it's kind of funny. I don't get that channel at school unfortunately.
Puxido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Puxido

Hello Woody!

one_plum

Please tell me that is not a Quote from the robot chicken episode

does not approve

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6822 Posts

[QUOTE="one_plum"]

Hello Woody!

Puxido

You gotta see it to believe it.

Puxido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Puxido

[QUOTE="Puxido"]

[QUOTE="one_plum"]

Hello Woody!

one_plum

You gotta see it to believe it.

I am so angry, yet you make me laugh at your sick humor, i dont understand how that works
dagreenfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 dagreenfish
I'm going to have to track down the episode that the OP is talking about. In my experience, if someone gets so worked up and offended by something, chances are it's funny.
Puxido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Puxido
I'm going to have to track down the episode that the OP is talking about. In my experience, if someone gets so worked up and offended by something, chances are it's funny.dagreenfish
If its not part of your childhood it might be, though it also might not be if your mature (not to offend you if you do find it funny, but its very dark humor, and immature)
Puxido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Puxido
I'm going to have to track down the episode that the OP is talking about. In my experience, if someone gets so worked up and offended by something, chances are it's funny.dagreenfish
How am i getting worked up? Im explaining my opinion in a calm and mature manner.
dagreenfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 dagreenfish
[QUOTE="dagreenfish"]I'm going to have to track down the episode that the OP is talking about. In my experience, if someone gets so worked up and offended by something, chances are it's funny.Puxido
How am i getting worked up? Im explaining my opinion in a calm and mature manner.

Your non-stop ranting in this thread and the fact you said you were angry is pretty worked up. :lol:
Puxido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Puxido

[QUOTE="Puxido"][QUOTE="dagreenfish"]I'm going to have to track down the episode that the OP is talking about. In my experience, if someone gets so worked up and offended by something, chances are it's funny.dagreenfish

Your non-stop ranting in this thread and the fact you said you were angry is pretty worked up. :lol:

how they

dagreenfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 dagreenfish

[QUOTE="dagreenfish"][QUOTE="Puxido"] How am i getting worked up? Im explaining my opinion in a calm and mature manner.Puxido

how they

Who is making fun of you?
Puxido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Puxido
[QUOTE="Puxido"]

[QUOTE="dagreenfish"] Your non-stop ranting in this thread and the fact you said you were angry is pretty worked up. :lol:dagreenfish

how they

not really making fun of me, replace "they make fun of me" with "i rant". best fitting thing i could find
cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#34 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

[QUOTE="dagreenfish"]I'm going to have to track down the episode that the OP is talking about. In my experience, if someone gets so worked up and offended by something, chances are it's funny.Puxido
If its not part of your childhood it might be, though it also might not be if your mature (not to offend you if you do find it funny, but its very dark humor, and immature)

I loved Toy Story, I thought the clip was pretty funny.

Also, I think I found a clip you would like. click

Puxido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Puxido

[QUOTE="Puxido"][QUOTE="dagreenfish"]I'm going to have to track down the episode that the OP is talking about. In my experience, if someone gets so worked up and offended by something, chances are it's funny.cain006

That was disturbing, lickily he isnt based on any character a person could bond with, and i hate boars (because they are invasive species in the southern states), so i probly would have done that myself as the doctor XD (being if the werent sentient, which in this clip they were, so i wouldnt). Though i dont watch the show, it certainly sounds like something they would have had from what i know of the show.
cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#36 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

[QUOTE="cain006"]

[QUOTE="Puxido"] If its not part of your childhood it might be, though it also might not be if your mature (not to offend you if you do find it funny, but its very dark humor, and immature)Puxido

That was disturbing, lickily he isnt based on any character a person could bond with, and i hate boars (because they are invasive species in the southern states), so i probly would have done that myself as the doctor XD (being if the werent sentient, which in this clip they were, so i wouldnt). Though i dont watch the show, it certainly sounds like something they would have had from what i know of the show.

What are you trying to say here? I seriously don't understand you.

And here's a clip from drawn together about disney princesses.

Puxido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Puxido

[QUOTE="Puxido"][QUOTE="cain006"]I loved Toy Story, I thought the clip was pretty funny.

cain006

OH OH! I REMEMBER THAT!!! "But im so tired" XD
Puxido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Puxido

[QUOTE="Puxido"][QUOTE="cain006"]I loved Toy Story, I thought the clip was pretty funny.

cain006

i dont watch the show, but i do know some from ckps my friends have sowed me, forum talk, and wiki's. Ive only gotten to know up to the amount that there was a torture episode, the yellow thing is spongebob, there is also zelda, pikachu, superman, betty boop, and the disney franchise, all being parodied in the show, as well as other cartoon references, but i also know enough to know that i probly wouldnt like it, but at the same time ive seen enough clips (like the one shown) to know the form of comedy.
konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

Meh i dont watch it.

how can anyone hate a show? if you dont like, just dont watch it.

Puxido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Puxido

Meh i dont watch it.

konvikt_17
Thats probably one of the best points made in this forum page. But my reply is i just felt like discussing it, the episode really hurt my feelings being that toy story was part of my childhood.
Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Hallenbeck77  Moderator

[QUOTE="konvikt_17"]

Meh i dont watch it.

Puxido

Thats probably one of the best points made in this forum page. But my reply is i just felt like discussing it, the episode really hurt my feelings being that toy story was part of my childhood.

Tissues.jpg.

dagreenfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 dagreenfish
[QUOTE="dagreenfish"][QUOTE="Puxido"]

how they

Puxido

not really making fun of me, replace "they make fun of me" with "i rant". best fitting thing i could find

Right... That doesn't even make sense... I also think it's funny that you claim to be "explaining in a calm and mature manner" while crying about how your feeling were hurt over something from your childhood while also posting pics of cartoons. There's nothing mature about that.
Puxido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Puxido

[QUOTE="Puxido"][QUOTE="konvikt_17"]

Meh i dont watch it.

Hallenbeck77

Tissues.jpg.

summon the trolls

how they

Puxido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Puxido

[QUOTE="Puxido"][QUOTE="dagreenfish"] Who is making fun of you?dagreenfish

Right... That doesn't even make sense... I also think it's funny that you claim to be "explaining in a calm and mature manner" while crying about how your feeling were hurt over something from your childhood while also posting pics of cartoons. There's nothing mature about that.

Puxido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Puxido

[QUOTE="dagreenfish"][QUOTE="Puxido"] not really making fun of me, replace "they make fun of me" with "i rant". best fitting thing i could findPuxido

that akward moment when your picture doesnt work
Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Hallenbeck77  Moderator

summon the trolls

how they

Puxido

You already posted this pic--you gotta move on to the next one, not recycle the same thing.  It loses its impact when you rehash it.

Puxido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Puxido

[QUOTE="Puxido"]

summon the trolls

how they

Hallenbeck77

You already posted this pic--you gotta move on to the next one, not recycle the same thing.  It loses its impact when you rehash it.

shoot

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Hallenbeck77  Moderator

[QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"]

[QUOTE="Puxido"]

summon the trolls

how they

Puxido

shoot

And....???  :|

I'm confused...Is this supposed to be a shot at me or something? If so, it needs work.

Puxido

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Puxido

[QUOTE="Puxido"]

[QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"] You already posted this pic--you gotta move on to the next one, not recycle the same thing.  It loses its impact when you rehash it.

Hallenbeck77

shoot

I'm confused...Is this supposed to be a shot at me or something? If so, it needs work.

whats We do you keep going against my opinion?  Dont bundys gotta stick together?

noi mam

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Hallenbeck77  Moderator

[QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"]

[QUOTE="Puxido"]

shoot

Puxido

We do you keep going against my opinion?  Dont bundys gotta stick together?

First off, I'm not a Bundy.  I have a picture of Al as an avatar, but that's as far as it goes.  If you consider yourself a Bundy, you might have some deep seated problems seperating fiction from the real world, and quite possibly might be someone who I would probably place a restraing order against.

As as far as your opinion goes, I'll just relay a bit of information my old men told me: (And yes, I'm including myself in it.)

"Opinions are like assho!es--everybody has one, and most of the time, they're full of sh!t."