Who do you think should be the next US president?

• 156 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by deeliman (3651 posts) -

Also, explain why. I'm not sure yet, I'd have to do a bit more research.

#2 Posted by capaho (1253 posts) -

Hillary Clinton, without a doubt, because the Republicans lost their collective mind a long time ago. We need an intelligent, rational president, and the Republicans have no one who meets that criteria.

#3 Edited by Netret0120 (3163 posts) -

That depends on who is in power at the time but Hilary Clinton looks like a solid candidate.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
#4 Edited by chessmaster1989 (30204 posts) -

Jon Huntsman, sadly it will never happen

#5 Posted by capaho (1253 posts) -

@chessmaster1989: That's because Jon Huntsman is a rational Republican, and Tea Party Republicans are at war with rational Republicans. He has no chance.

#6 Posted by Makhaidos (2162 posts) -

@capaho said:

Hillary Clinton, without a doubt, because the Republicans lost their collective mind a long time ago. We need an intelligent, rational president, and the Republicans have no one who meets that criteria.

Either her or Elizabeth Warren.

#7 Posted by Inconsistancy (8094 posts) -

Neil deGrasse Tyson... like he'd ever consider running. Elizabeth Warren I suppose.

I don't know what people see in Hilary, she seems to me like the Mitt Romney of Democrats. Status quo, fake, uninteresting, dim...

#8 Posted by The-Apostle (12193 posts) -

I don't care who it is as long as it's not a democrat.

#9 Edited by lamprey263 (31718 posts) -

Whoever isn't a Republican or whatever proxy label they'll be using in 2016.

#10 Posted by deeliman (3651 posts) -

@The-Apostle said:

Even if it meant Rick Santorum would be president?

#11 Posted by Makhaidos (2162 posts) -

@deeliman said:

@The-Apostle said:

Dude, look who you're talking to. I wouldn't be surprised if he turned out to be Rick Santorum.

#12 Posted by iwilson1296 (2226 posts) -

Bruce Campbell

#13 Posted by deeliman (3651 posts) -

@Makhaidos said:

@deeliman said:

@The-Apostle said:

Dude, look who you're talking to. I wouldn't be surprised if he turned out to be Rick Santorum.

Getting called Rick Santorum has got to be the biggest insult you could ever receive. I don't think it's appropriate to use that kind of language here.

#14 Posted by Makhaidos (2162 posts) -

@deeliman said:

@Makhaidos said:

@deeliman said:

@The-Apostle said:

Getting called Rick Santorum has got to be the biggest insult you could ever receive. I don't think it's appropriate to use that kind of language here.

Hey, if the frothy shoe fits. >.>

#15 Posted by AFBrat77 (25427 posts) -

@capaho said:

agreed

#16 Edited by BranKetra (51716 posts) -

I know who I will not be voting for, so my choice may be a default one.

#17 Edited by GazaAli (25216 posts) -

I have a strong feeling it will be Hilary Clinton.

#18 Posted by HoolaHoopMan (8421 posts) -

Elizabeth Warren.

#19 Edited by Flubbbs (4438 posts) -

why do people still believe in the left-right 2 party paradigm? both parties are corrupt and answer to the same people.

#20 Edited by Person0 (2944 posts) -

@Flubbbs said:

why do people still believe in the left-right 2 party paradigm? both parties are corrupt and answer to the same people.

Probably because people have realistic expectations. A person from one of those two parties is going to be president for the foreseeable future.

#22 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

@capaho said:

To be honest both political parties are pretty much the same now.

#23 Posted by foxhound_fox (94733 posts) -
@iwilson1296 said:

Bruce Campbell

#24 Posted by Big_Pecks (5900 posts) -

Clinton has the advantage.

#25 Edited by mattbbpl (12470 posts) -

@Fightingfan said:

@capaho said:

Except that one completely lost it's mind to the point that it threatened to default on the country's debt.

They're really not the same, and claiming as such is little more than a cop out.

#26 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -

@mattbbpl said:

@Fightingfan said:

@capaho said:

Except that one completely lost it's mind to the point that it threatened to default on the country's debt.

They're really not the same, and claiming as such is little more than a cop out.

The only difference is the Republican party is more entertain to watch, and the democratic party doesn't defend their opinion.

Love how Barack Obama's opinion on decriminalizing marijuana completely changed when he joined office.

#27 Posted by Gaming-Planet (16826 posts) -

Definitely not another Republican.

#28 Posted by Serraph105 (29988 posts) -

Given the state of the Republican party right now I can't see myself rewarding their craziness with my vote, but never the less I would seriously look into voting for Buddy Roehmer if he ever managed to grab national headlines.

For the democrats......I don't know. I'm inclined to say Hillary Clinton because she is obviously the front runner and her last position does wonders for her politically precisely because it's apolitical. I'd definitely have to take another look at her platform.

#29 Posted by Serraph105 (29988 posts) -

@chessmaster1989 said:

What do you see in him that makes him special? I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, but I know that you have felt this way for a while now, what makes him the best choice?

#30 Posted by Nibroc420 (13571 posts) -

Someone who isn't paid by huge corporations or special interest groups.

I'd make a fine president.

#31 Posted by CleanPlayer (9822 posts) -

I wouldn't mind Marco Rubio (the guy who drinks water during speeches, like how great would that be during every televised speech?) or the fat guy Christie. I think it'd be cool also if Hilary Clinton won and she had her own scandal like her husband

#32 Posted by osirisx3 (2113 posts) -

Kim jong un

#33 Edited by Serraph105 (29988 posts) -

@CleanPlayer said:

I wouldn't mind Marco Rubio (the guy who drinks water during speeches, like how great would that be during every televised speech?) or the fat guy Christie. I think it'd be cool also if Hilary Clinton won and she had her own scandal like her husband

I'm far more interested in who will get politicians into a mindset of working together rather than what would be fun to listen to on the news.

#34 Posted by coolbeans90 (21305 posts) -

Chris Christie, Jon Huntsman, or Jeb Bush would probably be a first choice.

Also, Tea Party scum (including those who go through mid-primary transformations a la Mitt Romney) needs to be kept as far from office as possible.

#35 Posted by HoolaHoopMan (8421 posts) -

@coolbeans90 said:

Chris Christie, Jon Huntsman, or Jeb Bush would probably be a first choice.

Also, Tea Party scum (including those who go through mid-primary transformations a la Mitt Romney) needs to be kept as far from office as possible.

I always liked Huntsman, plus his daughters are smoking hot. Not sure how I feel about Jeb though.

#36 Posted by konvikt_17 (22378 posts) -

Dave

#37 Posted by CleanPlayer (9822 posts) -

@Serraph105 said:

@CleanPlayer said:

I'm far more interested in who will get politicians into a mindset of working together rather than what would be fun to listen to on the news.

I think that would be ideal as well for a presidential candidate, but the problem with politics starts with the Republican and Democratic parties in how they distort media. Due to the lack of diversity within corporate concentrated ownership of mass media, it's not surprising how society is constantly exposed to only extremist views from Fox News or MSNBC that enables us to believe one side or the other or none of it all. Politicians are way too polarizing with their political beliefs, but that's why I like to watch the entertainment value of it.

In order to get into a mindset of working together, it starts with a candidate who encourages people to vote so we as the people don't put these idiots who refuse to co-exist with each other into office in the first place. All extremist views do now is label and divide us (social media has made this even worse), so I hope over time our nation becomes less negative and more understanding all around.

#38 Posted by 3eyedrazorback (16379 posts) -

Harvey Dent.

#39 Posted by LaytonsCat (3652 posts) -

Someone younger. I think Clinton is the front runner at this point but shes almost 70. In my eyes the US government is falling apart, it needs someone who can take control and try and get it working again

#40 Posted by capaho (1253 posts) -

@Serraph105 said:

@chessmaster1989 said:

What do you see in him that makes him special? I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, but I know that you have felt this way for a while now, what makes him the best choice?

Jon Huntsman is a so-called moderate Republican. He's a fiscal conservative but a social libertarian. He is not a raving religious fanatic, and that makes him a target of the Tea Party. He doesn't stand a chance as long as the Tea Party maintains its stranglehold on the Republican Party.

#41 Posted by mjf249 (2994 posts) -

An ideal president is somebody who can focus on our country. We don't need to be in other countries bombing them. The whole war in Afghanistan was poorly managed. We didn't need thousands of troops on the ground in Afghanistan. All we are doing is wasting money, and killing our own citizens. In other words: stop policing the world.

It has destroyed our reputation as a country. All these military expenditures has killed thousands of our own citizens, and innocent civilians. We need to leave our bases, and go back to our old ways. Focus on our economy, and solving our own problems. the U.S has plenty of it's own issues it needs to address.

#42 Posted by Samurai_Xavier (4364 posts) -

Elizabeth Warren for sure.

Clinton is in the pocket of the big corporations. It would just be more of the same with her.

Warren would definitely bring change.

#43 Posted by The-Apostle (12193 posts) -

@deeliman said:

@The-Apostle said:

I was ready to vote for him in my primary last election had he not dropped out. So, yes.

#44 Posted by ferrari2001 (17565 posts) -

I'd like to see Chris Christie give it a shot.

#45 Edited by Repeal_It (25 posts) -

Someone that isn't affiliated with either Political party.

They both promise different things, but come up with the same overall outcome in the end

#46 Posted by Barbariser (6785 posts) -

Herman Cain, Rick Santorum, Michelle Bachman, Sarah Palin or Rick Perry for the lulz.

#47 Posted by bumsonfire (250 posts) -

Miley Cyrus

#48 Posted by hippiesanta (10270 posts) -

must be a superhero ..... or bust

#49 Posted by worlock77 (22552 posts) -

@The-Apostle said:

So he/she could sacrifice an infant to Satan on live television and you'd be cool with it as long as there wasn't a 'D' next to their name?

#50 Edited by CommandoAgent (1425 posts) -

@capaho said:

Oh Hillary Clinton? the same Hillary that lied about Benghazi and Syria? And lol, some of the choices on here on whom you want to be the next president to be.

herman cain?

Jeb Bush? please enough of the same idiots whom arent going to be any different, if you want to Jeb Bush then expect more wars in the middle east.