White people have been banned from an ‘anti-racism’ event

This topic is locked from further discussion.

iloveatlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By iloveatlus
Member since 2009 • 599 Posts

Bahar Mustafa, the Welfare and Diversity officer for Goldsmiths Students’ Union, must have a strong sense of irony. You’d have to, to run an ‘anti-racism’ event which states that ‘if you’re a man and/or white PLEASE DON’T COME. As the student publication the Tabreports, the event claims to be ‘challenging the white-centric culture of occupations’, ‘diversifying our curriculum’ and building a ‘cross campus campaign that puts liberation at the heart of the movement’.

Back in February, Mustafa, who describes herself on Twitter as a ‘queer, anti-racist feminist killjoy’, came to my attention when she helped organise a ‘BME ONLY social’ before a screening of the film Dear White People. For those not acquainted with the lingo, this means for Black and Minority Ethnic only.

And now this, essentially the proposition of racial segregation in a British university. And yes, it’s trussed up in the language of the new PC – ‘non-binary’, ‘safe-space’, ‘BME Women’, ‘OUR liberation’ – but there are no two ways about this: this is division along racial lines, and it is astonishing that this is deemed acceptable. It wouldn’t be tolerated anywhere else in Britain - so why on earth is it being tolerated at a British university?

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/2015/04/white-people-have-now-been-banned-from-an-anti-racism-event-at-a-british-university/

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Excuse me sir, check your privilege.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#3 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

There is reason for animosity and there are those who may sympathize, but this is a totally incorrect answer to it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

I would make the very valid point that segregating yourselves from whitey is rather hypocritical and contrary to the whole "anti-racism" thing, but i'm white male cis scum. I can't have an opinion if i'm not a transexual purple gorilla from the 4th dimension.

fenriz275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 fenriz275
Member since 2003 • 2383 Posts

Notice it asked men or whites to not attend, it didn't say they couldn't. That almost guarantees to get a lot of white college guys to attend, just out of spite, an event that they would have otherwise had no interest. This would have been the kind of thing I would have ignored when I was in college because I needed to better use the time to study or working to afford the tuition rather than complain about how unfair life is for everyone. There's a naive idealism that people have in college that they get over real fast when those student loan payments become due.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

Too stupid to know they are racist I guess.....

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Master_Live

@fenriz275 said:

Notice it asked men or whites to not attend, it didn't say they couldn't. That almost guarantees to get a lot of white college guys to attend, just out of spite, an event that they would have otherwise had no interest. This would have been the kind of thing I would have ignored when I was in college because I needed to better use the time to study or working to afford the tuition rather than complain about how unfair life is for everyone. There's a naive idealism that people have in college that they get over real fast when those student loan payments become due.

Ha, so true.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

@darkspineslayer said:

I would make the very valid point that segregating yourselves from whitey is rather hypocritical and contrary to the whole "anti-racism" thing, but i'm white male cis scum. I can't have an opinion if i'm not a transexual purple gorilla from the 4th dimension.

LMFAO

garathe_den

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 garathe_den
Member since 2008 • 1427 Posts

Someone get this chick a dictionary

Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts

Claims to be against racism, tells white people they need not apply. Sounds about right. They should show up an ruin it.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

Complaining that Britain or anywhere in Europe is white-centric is as dumb as bitching about Japan being too Japanese-centric. This Mustafa idiot should pull her head out of her ass. Fighting racism with racism and sexism with sexism will only add fuel to the fire.

dylandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#12 dylandr
Member since 2015 • 4940 Posts

@garathe_den: couldn't find one, is a baseball bat to the head good enough?

btw that avatar is so Kawaii! *w*

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

Yawn.

What a non issue

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

Well, I guess the entirety of Ars Technica is very pleased with this lol :)

Oh well, this is just another example of how feminism is sexist and racist.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#15 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

As much as it pained me, for I really wanted to be a part of this wonderful event, I did not attend, as was requested, so...where's my damn cookie?!

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

35cent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By 35cent
Member since 2008 • 934 Posts

As a black man, I think that she is racist and sexist. She is also an absolute clown. Therefore, I will not attend this event.

Although I can't anyway because I'm a man :/

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@35cent: "Ooo...minority event...I so got this...let's see, non-white...check! This is going well, non-male.....DAMN IT!" =P

35cent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 35cent
Member since 2008 • 934 Posts

@korvus: It's weird seeing an anti-racism event where minorities may be banned from attending :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5b797108c254e

@35cent: Maybe you're just not black enough to overcome the fact you were born a man =P And if you're straight on top of that you're definitely screwed.

Buckhannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Buckhannah
Member since 2013 • 715 Posts

I will never understand why people like this think you can fight sexism and racism, with sexism and racism. It doesn't work. They are actively undermining their own causes with such fanaticism.

Avatar image for samanthademeste
samanthademeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 samanthademeste
Member since 2010 • 1553 Posts

It is a bad and wrong thing to be a heterosexual/white/male person these days. Thanks hipsters and SJWs.

dark_drag765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By dark_drag765
Member since 2005 • 1046 Posts

@Master_Live said:

I would come. I am not even "white" I am peach skinned.

Black/Brown/bronze people are now Gold people I guess. Since we are in the business of skin colors changing.

The Jewish people are behind this. That is essentially what they are doing when they exclude "white people" and scapegoat people. It is ridiculous to want to exclude anyone on the basis of such an arbitrary concept as "race".

The are basically practicing intellectual degeneracy.

dark_drag765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dark_drag765

@samanthademeste said:

It is a bad and wrong thing to be a heterosexual/white/male person these days. Thanks hipsters and SJWs.

At-least, at-least you are not in jail (where rape is abundant). It is still considered a crime to be "black" right?

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#26 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

Oh the irony....

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

Technically they're not banned, it's simply requested that they stay away.
One can still choose to go if you decline the request.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Master_Live

@dark_drag765 said:

@Master_Live said:

Black/Brown/bronze people are now Gold people I guess. Since we are in the business of skin colors changing.

The Jewish people are behind this.That is essentially what they are doing when they exclude "white people" and scapegoat people. It is ridiculous to want to exclude anyone on the basis of such an arbitrary concept as "race".

How so?

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

@dark_drag765 said:

@Master_Live said:

The Jewish people are behind this. That is essentially what they are doing when they exclude "white people" and scapegoat people. It is ridiculous to want to exclude anyone on the basis of such an arbitrary concept as "race".

The Jewish people? Did you read the name of the person who is behind this event? Have you read any of her posts?

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#30 Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts

Well isn't that just stupidly ironic.

Buckhannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Buckhannah
Member since 2013 • 715 Posts

@dark_drag765 said:

@samanthademeste said:

At-least, at-least you are not in jail (where rape is abundant). It is still considered a crime to be "black" right?

dark_drag765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By dark_drag765

@Master_Live said:

@dark_drag765 said:

@Master_Live said:

The Jewish people are behind this.That is essentially what they are doing when they exclude "white people" and scapegoat people. It is ridiculous to want to exclude anyone on the basis of such an arbitrary concept as "race".

How so?

Did you read my previous post?

@Renevent42 said:

The Jewish people? Did you read the name of the person who is behind this event? Have you read any of her posts?

I was giving an example in order to illustrate a point. They are excluding white males from an event presumably because "white" males are percentage wise part of the establishment.

I could pull up Jewish CEOs of major companies or industries but that would not implicate the entirety of the Jewish people being behind this.

It is irrelevant if the person behind the event is actually Jewish or not. That was not the point I was making.

Sorry I am just saying that "black" people usually get punished harder but this is common sense to most people.

That might have come out wrong because I am not a poet.

darkmark91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 darkmark91
Member since 2006 • 3047 Posts

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

@dark_drag765 said:

@Master_Live said:

@dark_drag765 said:

@Master_Live said:

How so?

Did you read my previous post?

@Renevent42 said:

I was giving an example in order to illustrate a point. They are excluding white males from an event presumably because "white" males are percentage wise part of the establishment.

I could pull up Jewish CEOs of major companies or industries but that would not implicate the entirety of the Jewish people being behind this.

It is irrelevant if the person behind the event is actually Jewish or not. That was not the point I was making.

Sorry I am just saying that "black" people usually get punished harder but this is common sense to most people.

That might have come out wrong because I am not a poet.

The fact is your point is rubbish, and you're right pointing a few Jewish CEO's saying some questionable things would have zero to do with anything. And actually, if in your crazy mind this is some Jewish plot, the fact the organizer is who she is is absolutely relevant.