Which is the biggest threat to freedom at the moment/going forward?

• 91 results
KEND0_KAP0NI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Edited By KEND0_KAP0NI

Poll Which is the biggest threat to freedom at the moment/going forward? (52 votes)

ISIS 15%
The Government 21%
Feminist and SJWs 25%
Militarization of police 15%
... 23%

Please vote.

feel free to explain and discuss

if you feel there is something else go ahead and say so.

ISIS-

No Caption Provided

Government-

No Caption Provided

Police-

No Caption Provided

Feminist/SJW-

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

• 
KEND0_KAP0NI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 KEND0_KAP0NI
Member since 2016 • 1231 Posts

@thegerg said:

The expiration of the 1954 treaty granting the human coalition (which, in reality, was just the US government) membership to the Galactic Federation. While the expiration and non-extension/Federation refusal of entry would take away the legal right of the Draconians and the Tall Whites to abduct and study human earthlings, we all know it wouldn't stop them (at least not the Draconians.) They say keep your enemies close, and I agree with them. Not only would we be missing out on boundless technological advances(which the current treaty already limits our access to), we would again be open to a black market of unregulated alien intervention and experimentation.

Cool Story bro

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23944 Posts

None of the above.

Tribalism is the greatest threat to freedom.

KEND0_KAP0NI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 KEND0_KAP0NI

@thegerg said:

@kend0_kap0ni:

Just saying man. Feminists my be very scary to you, but we need to consider the real threat.

you dont know what see as the biggest threat. why did you think i pick feminism?

KEND0_KAP0NI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KEND0_KAP0NI

@Maroxad said:

None of the above.

Tribalism is the greatest threat to freedom.

you are gonna have to explain that to me.

cuz that sounds like group think, which is another way saying social justice

Loading Video...

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

The Government in response to terrorism.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

The Government.

KEND0_KAP0NI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By KEND0_KAP0NI

@thegerg said:

@kend0_kap0ni: I know I don't know. Why do you think I think you pick feminism?

Why did I put Feminism/SJW on the list?

Because of lack of better words, it problematic.

How/why problematic? Because it is a authoritarian censorship movement in which it promotes dangerous and illogical ideologies while undermining liberties and free-speech. Spreading false narratives is unethical and dangerous.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44332 Posts

Protectionism and Nationalism, kind of like what Trump is preaching.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Maroxad
@kend0_kap0ni said:

*lol benshapiro*

The root cause behind several of the things in your poll.

A good chunk of those are nothing but symptoms of the underlying problem.

KEND0_KAP0NI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KEND0_KAP0NI

@thegerg said:

@kend0_kap0ni:

That doesn't address my question, but. . . ok. . .?

what was your question?

I explained why I put it on the list.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7324 Posts

@Archangel3371: Yes, these. It's the same shit every century with a new name.

KEND0_KAP0NI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 KEND0_KAP0NI

@Maroxad said:
@kend0_kap0ni said:

*lol benshapiro*

Explain.

But yes... group think is one of the roots to alot of thing.

ISIS bases itself in Islam... Islam is a religion. Religion is a group think ideology, you follow what they preach, you and everyone else do and live based on that religious group think. They think they are just because the had been victimized before (US wars, etc.) and their group think they think they are doing it for the greater good/on behalf of others.

Feminism/SJ is not very different from religion. Both want to rule over the masses and change things according to their ideology. Modern Feminism believe in this Patriarchy thing (the devil) and you must believe in thing like Rape Culture, Gender Wage Gap, and Everything is Sexism (the holy trinity). Social Justice is the same, just look at Black Lives Matter, another authoritarian aggressive "movement" of victim hood. Feminism/SJ believe they are doing so so for the greater good and on behalf of others.

Government, when feeling the pressures of such groups like feminist and SJW, will react to either give them a platform or simply catered to them out of fear to look bad in the public eye (like how professors and Presidents of colleges have had to step down). Government will essentially then be infiltrated to the will of those ideologies. And where does Policing come in? They come in when those with group think ideologies in government power find things wrong or offensive, which they will send out the police to "fix" the problem... put order.

KEND0_KAP0NI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By KEND0_KAP0NI

@thegerg said:
@kend0_kap0ni said:

what was your question?

Haha, you quoted my question yourself!

"Why do you think I think you pick feminism?"

WTF man... I dont know, thats why I asked you in the first place to begin with, but you spin it around with this question.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

The crab people, you have been warned.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Maroxad

@kend0_kap0ni said:
@Maroxad said:
@kend0_kap0ni said:

*lol benshapiro*

Explain.

ISIS bases itself in Islam... Islam is a religion. Religion is a group think ideology, you follow what they preach, you and everyone else do and live based on that religious group think. They think they are just because the had been victimized before (US wars, etc.) and their group think they think they are doing it for the greater good/on behalf of others.

Feminism/SJ is not very different from religion. Both want to rule over the masses and change things according to their ideology. Modern Feminism believe in this Patriarchy thing (the devil) and you must believe in thing like Rape Culture, Gender Wage Gap, and Everything is Sexism (the holy trinity). Social Justice is the same, just look at Black Lives Matter, another authoritarian aggressive "movement" of victim hood. Feminism/SJ believe they are doing so so for the greater good and on behalf of others.

Government, when feeling the pressures of such groups like feminist and SJW, will react to either give them a platform or simply catered to them out of fear to look bad in the public eye (like how professors and Presidents of colleges have had to step down). Government will essentially then be infiltrated to the will of those ideologies. And where does Policing come in? They come in when those with group think ideologies in government power find things wrong or offensive, which they will send out the police to "fix" the problem... put order.

Tribalism != Groupthink

Group think != Social Justice or Feminism

Tribalism is what is primarily behind a us vs them mentality. That plagues humanity. It leads to black and white thinking. Tribalism is on the opposite end of the horse shoe of SJWs. Although in a twist of irony, SJWs often fall victim under the tribalism they try to escape from.

On the surface, ISIS main driving factor is Wahhabi and Salafi Islam. But ultimately, religion alone wont drive this madness. ISIS feeds very much on a tribalist 'us vs them' mentality, with their interpretion of Islam being nothing but the totem of the tribe. And many of their actions have been done to outright feed the tribalism in teh western world too. This is their main reason for gonig after us. We have been playing into their hands for so long. In their minds we are infidels, they are true believers. That is tribalism 101. Same goes with a good chunk of terrorism actually, both Islamic and Western. They rely heavily on a tribalist mentality. I

While it wont encompass all feminists. Some feminists very much fall under a tribalist trap as well, with the us being women and them being the men. Much like other tribalists these will look to portray their own group as innocent or the good guys, while painting the men as oppressors and the bad guys.

Militarization of the police also has heavy roots in tribalism. Where people lose privacy and rights to protect us from them (the bad guys, the "evil" people).

The government does a good job protecting the rights of the people in the country. If not for the government, there would be a mob rule, or a rule where syndicates and criminals and corporations would run over their citizens, and unlike the government which has the people's well being in its interest, the same cannot be said for the others. When a government is truly authoritarian, as it is with Saudi Arabia, Russia, North Korea. You can almost be certain to find tribalism at the work here. Not entirely tribalism. But definately playing a part.

KEND0_KAP0NI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By KEND0_KAP0NI

@thegerg said:

@kend0_kap0ni:

WTF man... I dont know,

You don't know why you think the things you do? Maybe you should explore your own beliefs a little bit. It's very important to understand yourself.

thats why I asked you in the first place to begin with

That makes no sense. Me telling you why I think you pick feminism won't address why you think I think you pick feminism.

You understand that what you asked and what I asked are two completely different questions, right?

This is a lost cause here and I hope you are trolling.

Think what ever you want to think. I have no idea what you think or the reason you think them, but you are allowed to go ahead and think whatever you want (about the topic, me, or whatever else you are trying to spin in here).

But just in case you were wondering why I put Fem/SJ on the list, atleast you already have the answer to that.

KEND0_KAP0NI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 KEND0_KAP0NI

@Maroxad said:
@kend0_kap0ni said:
@Maroxad said:
@kend0_kap0ni said:

*lol benshapiro*

Explain.

Tribalism != Groupthink

Group think != Social Justice or Feminism

Tribalism is what is primarily behind a us vs them mentality. That plagues humanity. It leads to black and white thinking. Tribalism is on the opposite end of the horse shoe of SJWs. Although in a twist of irony, SJWs often fall victim under the tribalism they try to escape from.

On the surface, ISIS main driving factor is Wahhabi and Salafi Islam. But ultimately, religion alone wont drive this madness. ISIS feeds very much on a tribalist 'us vs them' mentality. And many of their actions have been done to outright feed the tribalism in teh western world too. This is their main reason for gonig after us. We have been playing into their hands for so long. In their minds we are infidels, they are true believers. That is tribalism 101. Same goes with a good chunk of terrorism actually, both Islamic and Western. They rely heavily on a tribalist mentality.

While it wont encompass all feminists. Some feminists very much fall under a tribalist trap as well, with the us being women and them being the men. Much like other tribalists these will look to portray their own group as innocent or the good guys, while painting the men as oppressors and the bad guys.

Militarization of the police also has heavy roots in tribalism. Where people lose privacy and rights to protect us from them (the bad guys, the "evil" people).

Yes...... we pretty much said the same thing.

You just say tribalism and I say group think.

and we get it, we understand each other.

BUT if you had to pick (what you say are just the symptoms), which one is the worse and biggest threat today and in the coming future?

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#25  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14419 Posts

Radical Christianity and Social justice warriors.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Maroxad
@kend0_kap0ni said:

Yes...... we pretty much said the same thing.

You just say tribalism and I say group think.

and we get it, we understand each other.

BUT if you had to pick (what you say are just the symptoms), which one is the worse and biggest threat today and in the coming future?

I already picked the ... option.

And no, we didnt say the same thing. You were looking at things at the surface. I didnt. You argued ISIS based itself in Islam. I argued that it wasnt the root of ISIS, and that it was nothing but a totem to dance around. While we had similar arguments of victimhood in feminism. That was only a small bit of the bigger picture of my argument.

In fact, MRAs are probably worse than SJWs at this point. With cranks like Sargon of Akkad outright going after the academia. Trying to get entire majors censored. And GamerGaters acting like scientologists.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#28 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56252 Posts

The Government taking our tax money.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22389 Posts

@bforrester420: Agreed.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#31 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

Who the hell votes for the goverment? We are going forward not backwards...

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#32 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

The biggest threat to freedom is overreaction. People seem so willing to suspend their rights in the guise of added security.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
@sonicare said:

The biggest threat to freedom is overreaction. People seem so willing to suspend their rights in the guise of added security.

Bingo.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Great thread, thanks for the laughs OP.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#35 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58413 Posts

As an American?

I would argue mass media, they have the power to influence so many and they do. I mean really, things are better than they've ever been in most respects, but you'd never know it watching the news or reading articles. None of them are objective, they all have agendas or sell out to whomever like whores. Everyone wants to get on here and say how bad SJWs are or how poltical correctness is ruining shit, but I can tell you as an SF Bay Area resident (home of the hippies) it's not anywhere as bad as you'd be led to believe.

ISIS sucks but really I think they're just a headache and not really something to be scared of.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#36 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58413 Posts

@sonicare said:

spot on! No one wants to calm down, we all want to submit to kneejerk reactions and sensationalism.

ssvegeta555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ssvegeta555
Member since 2003 • 2448 Posts

The "mah feelings" guys. They're weak and too sensitive. They would rather silence differing opinions than to challenge it or simply ignore it. Challenge the ideas, not censor it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#38 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

Islamic idealogy as a whole is the greatest threat to civilization right now. It is incompatible with western, liberal values, especially free expression.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#39 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Fear and paranoia..spread by you know who...The World Police which include the elites & radicalism - extremist of all sorts.. :P

doubutsuteki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#40 doubutsuteki
Member since 2004 • 3425 Posts

Define freedom.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#41 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

To be honest, I think far too many people get too offended about things these days, although I'm pretty liberal about social issues. But these ISIS attacks are a serious problem. I don't know how to stop them because killing them would just make them martyrs.

doubutsuteki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#42  Edited By doubutsuteki
Member since 2004 • 3425 Posts
@turtlethetaffer said:

To be honest, I think far too many people get too offended about things these days, although I'm pretty liberal about social issues. But these ISIS attacks are a serious problem. I don't know how to stop them because killing them would just make them martyrs.

If the U.S.A. hadn't invaded other countries in the name of freedom and democracy and god the problem wouldn't have existed.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

all of the above

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#45 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Thanks OP

Threads like this remind me that OT is still a rotting garbage hole.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#46 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts

I'm saddened at the lack of an option to vote for community moderators.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#47  Edited By turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

@doubutsuteki: I'm not saying one way or the other about that. Just that ISIS attacks have gone global. Just look at that attack in Turkey.

KEND0_KAP0NI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 KEND0_KAP0NI

@mrbojangles25 said:
@sonicare said:

spot on! No one wants to calm down, we all want to submit to kneejerk reactions and sensationalism.

thats pretty much Feminist and SJW

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#49 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts

What sort of freedoms do you have now?

dave123321