Whats your opinion on India and its peeps OT?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

Give your opinion on India and its peeps OT.

Have you and want to Visit India for vacation? Share your India experience on this thread :)

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

I heard Sikhs were pretty badass warriors (yes, I know the main religion in India is Hindu). Also India is a rising power and I recently heard that India-Chinese relations are warming with both leaders meeting each other. I think, I could be wrong but I remember reading it somewhere.

I don't know much about India but it would be fascinating to visit to see the Taj Mahal but I wouldn't know anywhere else to visit in India.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

I lived with 2 people from India, at different times. Worst roommates I ever had.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

Overpopulated, disease-ridden, and treats women like pubic hairs on a toilet seat? No thanks.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I don't want to be negative, but I haven't exactly had positive experiences with people from India. I worked with a few and they told me to my face "we don't like you, and we're racist to white people". And they treated me like shit until I quit that shitty job. I'm sure there's some nice Indian people (I mean every race has their good and their bad) but it's left a very sour taste in my mouth towards Indians. Indzman, you seem like a good bloke though.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By gamerguru100

@BattleSpectre: Weird, I've seen a few pictures and read a few stories from white travelers to India about how the locals crowded around them in fascination and wanted to take pictures. They got the Japan treatment.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BattleSpectre

@gamerguru100: Yeah but this didn't happen in India, it was in Australia. They acted like this country owed them something and they were above it.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gamerguru100

@BattleSpectre said:

@gamerguru100: Yeah but this didn't happen in India, it was in Australia. They acted like this country owed them something and they were above it.

WTF? Indians in Australia were acting like that? I could understand why the Aborigines would hate whites, but Indian travelers to Australia? You should have told them to do some research before traveling to a country intending to be racist assholes. It's like someone saying they hate Asians and then traveling to Vietnam or something and acting surprised.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BattleSpectre

@gamerguru100: The funny part was they really believed that India was a better country then Australia (always liked to trash talk Australia on how bad it was), and that India has a better economy and has far better opportunity. If that was the case, why come here to Australia to further your education? Lol, they were a funny bunch.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gamerguru100

@BattleSpectre said:

@gamerguru100: The funny part was they really believed that India was a better country then Australia (always liked to trash talk Australia on how bad it was), and that India has a better economy and has far better opportunity. If that was the case, why come here to Australia to further your education? Lol, they were a funny bunch.

Wow. O_O

India is way far behind Australia on many things. In fact, Australia has the second highest Human Development Index, just behind Norway. No one in their right mind would choose India over Australia, especially if that person was a woman (read: India treats women like pubes on a toilet seat).

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BattleSpectre

@gamerguru100: Yeah I agree, it is quite dangerous for women over there from what I've heard. Having said that I'm sure it's not all doom and gloom, I've seen some pictures and there's some beautiful landscapes in India.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gamerguru100

@BattleSpectre said:

@gamerguru100: Yeah I agree, it is quite dangerous for women over there from what I've heard. Having said that I'm sure it's not all doom and gloom, I've seen some pictures and there's some beautiful landscapes in India.

Yes, I imagine the places in India that don't have millions of humans in close proximity to each other are nice. Although I don't like being in areas with lots of bugs. Screw bugs. I think I'll just stay in my cushy American suburb. :P

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BattleSpectre

@gamerguru100: I can't wait for the day I get to visit the States..... you guys don't know how lucky you are with all the tourist attractions you have. Disney World, PLZ!

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 gamerguru100

@BattleSpectre said:

@gamerguru100: I can't wait for the day I get to visit the States..... you guys don't know how lucky you are with all the tourist attractions you have. Disney World, PLZ!

Never been there. If I had money, believe me, I'd visit places. :P

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BattleSpectre

@gamerguru100: Money?

Gwynnblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Gwynnblade
Member since 2015 • 931 Posts

It's exactly like Pakistan. And I have mixed feelings about my own country lol.

The people are a mixed bag. If you're lucky enough, you'll run into nice people. If not, then....

DrSpoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DrSpoon
Member since 2015 • 628 Posts

Hoping to visit Gujurat next January - like every country it has its problems but you cannot judge an entire nation based on the small pieces of 'news' we get - I mean there are 1.2 billion people there and they are one of the fastest growing economies in the world.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

I like you indz, you're a fine member of this community so don't take this personally, but I don't think I'll ever step foot in India; somehow I get the feeling that the country smells of an amalgam of curry and sewage. I know I'll never eat anything in India as hygiene doesn't seem to be a top priority there. Also, I'd be scared shitless to walk alone there.

I hate all big entities generally speaking - be it a country, an organization or a company - so I'm not singling India out. It just happens that India has the most of the worst things about big countries. All of that aside, I don't relate to the culture one bit. For instance, China is big and God knows it has so much of what's wrong with big countries, but I'd still love to visit it as I have an interest in the culture and the history.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#19 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

@indzman: From what I hear, India, as a country, has quite a bit of growing to do, in several aspects. But I've met quite a few really nice Indian guys so I trust that if you guys are the new generation, things will end up improving. As for visiting India, sure, why not? There are not many specific things I'd like to see there but it's also not one of those countries I have no wish to visit.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Sorry Indz but no, your country is not in my vacation plans in the future. There's plenty Mexico and US to keep me busy for 2 or 3 lifetimes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21  Edited By deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Got their arse owned by BD. lel just kidding. Just like my own country i don't love it and I don't hate it either.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By indzman

Absolutely no offense taken guys, thanks for the unbiased and factual responses :) :) :)

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 indzman

@Gamerno6666 said:

Got their arse owned by BD. lel just kidding.

Congrats, you guys deserve it completely. By 79 runs, LOL

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

The poverty there is a real problem. Shanty towns with thousands and thousands of people in them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

Great food and some nice people (but which country does have at least a few nice people?). That's all the good I can think of.

It really doesn't seem like a good place to live.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GazaAli

@indzman said:

Absolutely no offense taken guys, thanks for the unbiased and factual responses :) :) :)

Would you call my post factual indz :3

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 indzman

@GazaAli said:
@indzman said:

Indeed, its dirty, unhyginic, poor standard of living overall. Couple of days back only where i park my bike at office parking at street, some street beggar was doing potty in sight and nobody was minding lol

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By GazaAli

@indzman said:
@GazaAli said:
@indzman said:

Indeed, its dirty, unhyginic, poor standard of living overall. Couple of days back only where i park my bike at office parking at street, some street beggar was doing potty in sight and nobody was minding lol

Yea hygiene is a major Indian problem. I mean Gaza isn't a premium place to live in but people are meticulous about their hygiene and sanitation in general, except for littering of course.

Anyway I was mostly taunting the curry/sewage remark :P

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By indzman

@GazaAli said:
@indzman said:
@GazaAli said:
@indzman said:

Yea hygiene is a major Indian problem. I mean Gaza isn't a premium place to live in but people are meticulous about their hygiene and sanitation in general, except for littering of course.

I got curry/sewage/drinking cow piss remarks from DAY 1 on GS, all used to it HeHe

Yes, hygine should be top prioity for a country. These politicians do nothing for the poor homeless people who rot on street as providing them free shelters or fooding as rest western countries do. Its pretty unfortunate :(

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

work with a lot of people over in india. they do very good work but some of them are difficult to understand on the phone because of heavy accents.

never visited though

garathe_den

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 garathe_den
Member since 2008 • 1427 Posts

Too much breeding = overpopulation, has turned the country into a wasteland.

The divide between the rich and the poor is too big.

The misogyny there is horrific especially with the acid and rape problems.

Not a country a think of fondly to be completely honest. If the above problems can be fixed it might have a chance.

outworld222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32  Edited By outworld222
Member since 2004 • 4224 Posts

Very cool people. My sister had an Indian friend. She married another Indian. Their wedding was so cool.

Tbh, befriending Indian people is simple and fun.

As for visiting India, it would be nice to do so one day.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

Sounds a bit like they are singing when they speak English.

mimic-Denmark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#35 mimic-Denmark
Member since 2006 • 4382 Posts

People from India got the best accent ever! Always makes me laugh, in a good way :)

I'd love to visit India, and you being my guide indzy :))) BUT! I saw on the news how hot you got it there now. I'll visit in your winter!

And doing potty in the streets is pretty normal, especially when you are drunk. So maybe that guy was drunk! Or he just had to go...

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

Over populated and areas that are highly unsanitary. I'd imagine some parts are nice.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

@GazaAli said:
@indzman said:
@GazaAli said:
@indzman said:

Littering in Gaza is better than in Tunisia, that much I can tell you.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

Not a fan of the people or the country. The food can be nice though.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#39 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

It was the primary area of study I had in university. I greatly enjoy the culture, history and religious traditions that originated within the South Asian area of the world. My hope is to one day visit the country and surrounding neighbours, but with a significant focus on Northern India; Nepal, Assam, Sikkim, Bhutan, Kashmir (if the fighting ever stops) and Tibet (if China relinquishes control of the region back to the native Tibetans).

Also, I'm very interested in visiting the Khajuraho temple.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#40 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

Most of the media we get here in regards to India has been pretty negative of lately with the issues regarding woman.