What's the real reason people voted for Obama?

• 153 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#101 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts
I voted for Obama confidently, happily and as a man pleased with his record from his first term in office.nocoolnamejim
Partially this and partially the fact that Romney didn't seem to have a solid standing on many issues. He flipped flopped often so not knowing what his intentions truly are, I'd rather not vote for him....
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178865 Posts
[QUOTE="nocoolnamejim"]I voted for Obama confidently, happily and as a man pleased with his record from his first term in office.tocool340
Partially this and partially the fact that Romney didn't seem to have a solid standing on many issues. He flipped flopped often so not knowing what his intentions truly are, I'd rather not vote for him....

Thing is the individual candidate isn't of much importance anymore. It's all just party politics.....
neogeo419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 neogeo419
Member since 2006 • 1474 Posts

[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"][QUOTE="MrPraline"] You're a bit naive if you think the majority of voters know anything about his vision. Obama or Romney. Left or right. Does not matter. Elections in 2012 are all about perception. Media reputation. Socially accepted opinions. Agitprop. LJS9502_basic

I think it's clear most Americans voted for the candidate who had the clearest vision for the country.

No he's right. Most people are clueless.....

Pretty much.

lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#105 lx_theo
Member since 2010 • 6211 Posts

[QUOTE="XaosII"]

[QUOTE="MrPraline"] And together that's 100, omg, Radec was rightMrPraline

Bu...bu... they are the same!

they are when we are talking about actual official action do the people in, say, Afghanistan really see a difference in who's ordering the drone strikes that destroy their kindred?

So one policy would make them exactly the same? Brilliant work you've done there.

TheGrat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 TheGrat1
Member since 2008 • 4330 Posts

Did the people who voted for Obama legitimately like him/trust his policites/believe in his next term or did they just vote for him in order to note vote for Romney? For me it was a little of both.

I just didn't understand why so many people seemed to trust Obama after the massive disappointment with the performance of his first term, so I would think they'd be ready to get rid of him. The only answer I can come up with is that they don't think of Romney as much better. But who knows.

Tigerman950
I'd like to say it is because they don't know how horrible he is on foreign policy and civil liberties, but when I told people about it they said they would vote for him anyway. >.> Also they don't want to "throw away" their vote on a third party.
Audacitron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Audacitron
Member since 2012 • 991 Posts

Im a registered republican, but I did not like Romney. I didnt vote for Obama, but my problem with the people that voted for Obama is that in the south, a lot of blacks that had never voted prior to 2008 came out in full force to vote for Obama because he was black. They dont care about his policies, what he is going to do to improve this county, ect.. they voted because he was black. Annoys me. CWEBB04z

I suppose you were equally outraged about all the young Mormons that voted for Romney because he is a Mormon, and all the rich people who voted for him because he is rich.

Romney/Ryan failure to put out a plan where the math made sense. It was obvious he was actually worse for the deficit despite all the right-wing propaganda. Didn't like the idea of Roe v Wade possibly being overturned. Also more in line with Obama on social and foreign issues Devil-Itachi

I feel that's a quite succinct and accurate sumation of what made the difference. Also, on a personal level a hell of a lot of people just really dolike Obama.

MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts

[QUOTE="MrPraline"][QUOTE="XaosII"]

Bu...bu... they are the same!

lx_theo

they are when we are talking about actual official action do the people in, say, Afghanistan really see a difference in who's ordering the drone strikes that destroy their kindred?

So one policy would make them exactly the same? Brilliant work you've done there.

Foreign policy kind of a huge f*cking part of the presidency. But no, that's not all they are similar in. Just one example I cared to explain.
-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts
Because I didn't want health care reform to fall victim to a partial-birth abortion.
Avatar image for CreasianDevaili
CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 CreasianDevaili
Member since 2005 • 4429 Posts
They were the same man. Even down to the congressional issues. Did it ever occur to anyone that Obama got another term in as a statement from the mass populace that we will not be held hostage on the notion that the bodies of goverment refuse to work together to accomplish the will of the people? If you voted Romney in all that do is shift pressure to the democrats in the house, senate, and congress from the republicans shameful posturing. Nothing get done like the last 4 years have shown us.

The worse part about all this is that the republicans do not get it and the democrats will grow relaxed and lazy from the attention being away from them. We were always destined to have 4 more years of a non compliant goverment body that fails to work and do their job. Once the republican egg is cracked we can move onto the democratic shell as well.
lx_theo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 lx_theo
Member since 2010 • 6211 Posts

[QUOTE="lx_theo"]

[QUOTE="MrPraline"] they are when we are talking about actual official action do the people in, say, Afghanistan really see a difference in who's ordering the drone strikes that destroy their kindred?MrPraline

Foreign policy kind of a huge f*cking part of the presidency. But no, that's not all they are similar in. Just one example I cared to explain.

Yeah, its important. Its the reason why not focusing only what they are the same while ignoring where they are different is important.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="CreasianDevaili"]They were the same man. Even down to the congressional issues. Did it ever occur to anyone that Obama got another term in as a statement from the mass populace that we will not be held hostage on the notion that the bodies of goverment refuse to work together to accomplish the will of the people? If you voted Romney in all that do is shift pressure to the democrats in the house, senate, and congress from the republicans shameful posturing. Nothing get done like the last 4 years have shown us.

The worse part about all this is that the republicans do not get it and the democrats will grow relaxed and lazy from the attention being away from them. We were always destined to have 4 more years of a non compliant goverment body that fails to work and do their job. Once the republican egg is cracked we can move onto the democratic shell as well.

To be fair....both parties care about the party agenda and NOT the good of the country. Don't be so blinded by party politics that you fall for the line that your party is the good one. That goes for either parties....not just one. Think outside the party. The problem is that people don't do that anymore.
Bucked20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Bucked20
Member since 2011 • 6651 Posts
Cause stone cold said so
CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 CreasianDevaili
[QUOTE="CreasianDevaili"]They were the same man. Even down to the congressional issues. Did it ever occur to anyone that Obama got another term in as a statement from the mass populace that we will not be held hostage on the notion that the bodies of goverment refuse to work together to accomplish the will of the people? If you voted Romney in all that do is shift pressure to the democrats in the house, senate, and congress from the republicans shameful posturing. Nothing get done like the last 4 years have shown us.

The worse part about all this is that the republicans do not get it and the democrats will grow relaxed and lazy from the attention being away from them. We were always destined to have 4 more years of a non compliant goverment body that fails to work and do their job. Once the republican egg is cracked we can move onto the democratic shell as well.LJS9502_basic
To be fair....both parties care about the party agenda and NOT the good of the country. Don't be so blinded by party politics that you fall for the line that your party is the good one. That goes for either parties....not just one. Think outside the party. The problem is that people don't do that anymore.

I can honestly say that I do not see where I supported one or the other. Did you quote the wrong poster?
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="CreasianDevaili"]They were the same man. Even down to the congressional issues. Did it ever occur to anyone that Obama got another term in as a statement from the mass populace that we will not be held hostage on the notion that the bodies of goverment refuse to work together to accomplish the will of the people? If you voted Romney in all that do is shift pressure to the democrats in the house, senate, and congress from the republicans shameful posturing. Nothing get done like the last 4 years have shown us.

The worse part about all this is that the republicans do not get it and the democrats will grow relaxed and lazy from the attention being away from them. We were always destined to have 4 more years of a non compliant goverment body that fails to work and do their job. Once the republican egg is cracked we can move onto the democratic shell as well.CreasianDevaili

I can honestly say that I do not see where I supported one or the other. Did you quote the wrong poster?

No. I quoted the right user. I disagree with your mandate as to why people voted as they did.
CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 CreasianDevaili
[QUOTE="CreasianDevaili"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]To be fair....both parties care about the party agenda and NOT the good of the country. Don't be so blinded by party politics that you fall for the line that your party is the good one. That goes for either parties....not just one. Think outside the party. The problem is that people don't do that anymore.LJS9502_basic

No. I quoted the right user. I disagree with your mandate as to why people voted as they did.

Yeah but you tripped on pokemon balls this time or something. I said there was no reason to change parties since the problems would be the same. Not because of party loyalty. I actually stated that. People ARE fed up with the parties being unable to do their job as a whole. Switching would just give each party another reason to continue another 4 years with an EXCUSE. There shall be none if a repeat of the same 4 years happens again with the parties in their roughly same relative positioning.

Where did I say one party was good?
Pittfan666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#117 Pittfan666
Member since 2003 • 8638 Posts
Once I went black I couldn't go back.
Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
So how long are Republicans going to complain now over having lost? Two weeks? Four months? Two years? Bo-ho.
neotheinstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 neotheinstein
Member since 2011 • 161 Posts

HES JUST LIKE THEM ;-9

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="CreasianDevaili"] I can honestly say that I do not see where I supported one or the other. Did you quote the wrong poster?CreasianDevaili

Yeah but you tripped on pokemon balls this time or something. I said there was no reason to change parties since the problems would be the same. Not because of party loyalty. I actually stated that. People ARE fed up with the parties being unable to do their job as a whole. Switching would just give each party another reason to continue another 4 years with an EXCUSE. There shall be none if a repeat of the same 4 years happens again with the parties in their roughly same relative positioning.

Did you forget you said this?

Did it ever occur to anyone that Obama got another term in as a statement from the mass populace that we will not be held hostage on the notion that the bodies of goverment refuse to work together to accomplish the will of the people? If you voted Romney in all that do is shift pressure to the democrats in the house, senate, and congress from the republicans shameful posturing. Nothing get done like the last 4 years have shown us.

cdragon_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 cdragon_88
Member since 2003 • 1842 Posts

Didn't like both candidates. It was almost as bad as Bush Vs Kerry (Dumb Vs Dumber) What can I say, but I choose the one that I believe will be a better leader for this country*GASP* (what a suprise right? I'm sure most voters didn't do that): obama.

Here's the real question: Did romney supporters really think romney would change things around in 4 years if he was elected? It's as dumb as those who thought Obama would've changed everything around in his first term. The only thing Obama or Romney can do in their terms is simply try to find a starting point. Future candidates will be the ones who change our country around. Starting points means pretty much Romney/Obama won't be known as "great presidents" no matter who would have gotten chosen.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#122 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

[QUOTE="XaosII"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] Hello.....the presidency does come with limitations the power.LJS9502_basic

Yes, but apparently not an IQ test.

Bush wasn't very intelligent and I don't really think Obama is either. Your point?

What in the world do you base this on? :? George Bush may have not come across as the sharpest tool in the shed, but a person who is not reasonably intelligent does not successfully run a state (Texas), does not successfully run a business, does not successfully become President, etc. Being a poor President doesn't not make one stupid. Jimmy Carter was exceptionally smart, but was a poor President.

As far as Obama is concerned, a person who is not reasonably intelligent does not become President of the Harvard Law review. A person who is not reasonably intelligent is not going to be as skilled with rhetoric as he is. Again, a person who not reasonably intelligent does not become President. A person is not reasonably intelligent does not climb the political ladder at such an unprecedented speed.

Your comment honestly comes across a tad arrogant. I'm not saying you're not intelligent by any means, but do you really think you're so intelligent that you can poo-poo Obama's intelligence? It's fine if you don't think he's a genius (and he certainly isn't), but to say that he's straight up not intelligent is pretty odd.

CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 CreasianDevaili
[QUOTE="CreasianDevaili"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]No. I quoted the right user. I disagree with your mandate as to why people voted as they did.LJS9502_basic

Did you forget you said this?

Did it ever occur to anyone that Obama got another term in as a statement from the mass populace that we will not be held hostage on the notion that the bodies of goverment refuse to work together to accomplish the will of the people? If you voted Romney in all that do is shift pressure to the democrats in the house, senate, and congress from the republicans shameful posturing. Nothing get done like the last 4 years have shown us.

Well no. Long before the republicans held their primaries the general populace was rather furious with the bodies of goverment. Congress, Senate, and the House. Everyone knows this. Do you think that all changed because some loud ads came about these last 8 months? Saying "Nothing get done like the last 4 years" means to EQUATE both republicans and democrats. You know what equate means right? That means that the reversal of the president would not solve a single problem that people had. Which was followed by saying how all switching it up does is allow each side to instead call the next 4 years of the same failings not their fault.

Again. Did you quote the wrong person? You are right to state if you think I am incorrect. But you are factually wrong against the words I used to say I favored one party over the other. You're allowing your biased thinking to make you think that I said they voted to keep the democrats in power rather than that people voted to keep things the same and not let any of them off the proverbial hook.
GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 GreySeal9

Anyway, people voted for Obama partly because the contrast with Romney favored him, his record is not nearly as poor as Republicans would have you believe and the American people were willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Plus, the Republican Party's extremism dragged Romney to him and Romney was so lacking of principles/all over the map that Americans never knew quite what they were getting. Lastly, Obama just ran a better campaign. Its only real mistake was Obama's lackluster first debate performance.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#125 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

I didnt like Romney's tax plan and I really didnt like his foreign policy and warmongering. I'm not at all excited about Obama and I think a lot of his policies are really bad, but just not as bad as some of the Romney/Ryan ones. It was a lose-lose situation.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 GreySeal9

I didnt like Romney's tax plan and I really didnt like his foreign policy and warmongering. I'm not at all excited about Obama and I think a lot of his policies are really bad, but just not as bad as some of the Romney/Ryan ones. It was a lose-lose situation.

sonicare

Romney's tax plan was ridiculous. I'm surprised more people didn't see through it.

soulless4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#127 soulless4now
Member since 2003 • 41388 Posts

Educational purposes.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#128 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

I believe in him. He is very diplomatic, and a very rational guy. Also, pro gay pro choice is almost an automatic "I'll vote for you" for me.

Bloodseeker23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Bloodseeker23
Member since 2008 • 8338 Posts
Someone is very, very, very mad in this thread. Especially the first page :lol:
Bloodseeker23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Bloodseeker23
Member since 2008 • 8338 Posts

[QUOTE="sonicare"]

GreySeal9

Romney's tax plan was ridiculous. I'm surprised more people didn't see through it.

cut loopholes. lolwtf is that shiet
Avatar image for deactivated-6016f2513d412
deactivated-6016f2513d412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 deactivated-6016f2513d412
Member since 2007 • 20414 Posts
I voted for Jill Stein It was my first presidential election Felt good
Avatar image for deactivated-5e9044657a310
deactivated-5e9044657a310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#132 deactivated-5e9044657a310
Member since 2005 • 8136 Posts
Because the vast majority of People that voted for Mitt Romney didn't actually vote for Mitt Romney, they voted against Obama. Romney could have said he would stomp kittens and rape baboons, and he still would have carried the South and the Midwest. It didn't matter who was the Republican Nominee it was a vote against Obama. These are the same people that get their world news by reading the Headlines from Fox News, never reading the actual articles, and then spouting off like they are experts in economics, foreign policy, and the Bill of Rights.
PinkiePirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 PinkiePirate
Member since 2012 • 1973 Posts

I agree with a lot of things he has done, including giving a federal loan to Tesla Motors and privatizing space exploration. Tesla has done more for the electric car than any person or organization since its invention. And for the first time, a private company sent a rocket into space and serviced the ISS.

Abbeten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Abbeten
Member since 2012 • 3140 Posts
Speaking of which, Fox News is going ape right now. Seriously, blaming the drop in the Dow today on Obama. That's hilarious.
ItsJoeMama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 ItsJoeMama
Member since 2012 • 184 Posts

Sesame Street was in some serious danger.

Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts
Because he is black? That is why Samuel L Jackson voted for him, he said it himself.
Barbariser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#137 Barbariser
Member since 2009 • 6785 Posts

There are lots of reasons why I wanted him to be president over Romney (I'm not an American voter). The first thing that comes to mind is that the G.O.P. senators behaved atrociously after 2010. They blocked any attempt by Obama at launching employment bills, which basically means that they're the reason why the U.S. didn't get 3-4 million jobs and a 2-3% fall in unemployment in the last two years. They blocked the Zadroga bill because it was to be funded by a corporate tax loophole, a.k.a. telling the 9/11 first responders that they pillaged for political points to go fvck themselves, and only passed it once a fake news comedian took them to task for it.

They refused to perform a debt ceiling increase without demanding a helluva lot of stuff out of the Democrats, which fvcked the entire world's economic recovery for a month or so and could have led to a second Great Depression and put billions of people through untold economic misery if they'd gone through with their filibuster. They also attempted to spend their entire political arsenal on repealing the expenditure and deficit-reducing Obamacare program and then criticized the President for not focusing on the economy and running up the debt.

The G.O.P.'s entire campaign ran around criticizing Obama's fiscal policies while claiming that they'd be able to run a balanced budget through the use of revenue-neutral tax cuts and increasing military spending to serve no apparent purpose. And to top it all off, they tried to raise a big stink about voter fraud and electoral integrity while trying their very best to pull off voter disenfrachisement schemes across various swing states using discriminatory policies to reduce voting time and accessibility in democrat districts.

Obama and the Democrats are neither saints nor do they make optimal policies, and the ARRA was small and poorly designed. But when it comes down to it, their passing of it spared their country and mine from years of economic pain and horror, whereas the G.O.P. has only ever taken actions that would increase that danger. And while it was probable that Romney didn't truly believe or agree with the rhetoric of his party, it's utter insanity to support him on the basis that he'd completely violate everything his party stands for.

In the end, I'm happy that America chose a party that's done a little bit of good over the past four years over a party that's committed nothing but sheer irrational insanity and cartoon-like evil, and also rather frightened that they only made that choice by a 2-3% margin. It's my hope, but not a probable one, that the G.O.P. is going to turn away from its unacceptable demagoguery and scumminess and become a proper political party again after this light political punishment. Either way, the next step to preventing the world from collapsing is saving the Eurozone from fiscal consolidation, and Obama's victory here makes that a lot more likely, or at least a lot less dangerous.

Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Makari
Member since 2003 • 15250 Posts
Im a registered republican, but I did not like Romney. I didnt vote for Obama, but my problem with the people that voted for Obama is that in the south, a lot of blacks that had never voted prior to 2008 came out in full force to vote for Obama because he was black. They dont care about his policies, what he is going to do to improve this county, ect.. they voted because he was black. Annoys me. CWEBB04z
now looking at it from a different angle, they voted because for the first time they felt like the system wasn't set up to screw them over - before, voting was pointless for someone like them. hopefully they'll continue voting after obama's no longer on the ticket!
SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#139 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts

I'm gonna say the reason people voted for him again, was fairly simple i think. Obama played a better ground-game, and he continued to appeal on multiple demographics, whether it was women (and it was a lot in 2012 - even i was getting sick of getting the ads), lgbt, college students, minorities, etc. Romney seemed to really appeal to the age old arguement, cut taxes, cut spending (this part always seems to fail...), cut taxes, stop the brown people from getting in, cut taxes, lets go back to America circa 1950's, did i mention cut taxes?

Also the fact that Obama came off as much more empathetic, and a bit more somber and humble in the face of the weak economy instead of going full out delusional like it's all ok. he played up on it's recovery for sure, where he could. but at least what i was hearing i didn't hear delusion. Romney could of scored much higher on this, except for the other fact that Obama wasn't entirely gun-shy about the issue.

-----------------

I think the two candidates are near identical in how they'd approach their problems, just on the simple fact that the two men are human beings, not political ideologue machines (as much as we like to paint them that way), they're gonna work based on the best info they can get at the time. This is why both Bush and Obama did the bailouts and tax cuts.

----------------

As for myself, the differentiator for me was his social progressive beliefs and intents, his position on taxes i agree, his position on how to handle illegal immigration, his position on utlizying both dirty fuel sources (oil, gas, 'clean' coal) while also spending money in green initiatives like solar, wind, and even nuclear (which he was the first president to ok new nuclear plants since the 'disaster' at three mile island). I think he is a better leader if and when the opportunity arises for peace between the Palestinians and Israeli's, i think he's a better diplomat, I also think he's not afraid to use force when it's required.

The Republicans sway me the most when it comes to smaller government, and i am sympathetic to a point on the arguement about right to own firearms. They lose me with social issues and what often - to me - gets read as under-the-surface racism, sexism, homophobia.

---------------

Seeing angry Tea-Party people have signs up "keep the government hands off my Medicare" tells you almost everything you need to know what world we are living in. Even the angry conservative needs and uses big government programs like Medicare and Medicaid, while also wanting yet-another tax cut and smaller government. and that angry conservative probably comes from a state that takes money from wealthier states in order for his/her state to pay for basic things, like roads, electricity, and running water.

Meanwhile they vandelize, block and burn down Muslim mosques, and block gay marriage amendments in their local communities.

Mafiree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Mafiree
Member since 2008 • 3704 Posts
Seeing angry Tea-Party people have signs up "keep the government hands off my Medicare" tells you almost everything you need to know what world we are living in. Even the angry conservative needs and uses big government programs like Medicare and Medicaid, while also wanting yet-another tax cut and smaller government. and that angry conservative probably comes from a state that takes money from wealthier states in order for his/her state to pay for basic things, like roads, electricity, and running water.

Meanwhile they vandelize, block and burn down Muslim mosques, and block gay marriage amendments in their local communities.

SaudiFury
They paid into Medicare.......not wanting to have their money stolen is not a radical idea.
SaudiFury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#141 SaudiFury
Member since 2007 • 8709 Posts
[QUOTE="SaudiFury"]Seeing angry Tea-Party people have signs up "keep the government hands off my Medicare" tells you almost everything you need to know what world we are living in. Even the angry conservative needs and uses big government programs like Medicare and Medicaid, while also wanting yet-another tax cut and smaller government. and that angry conservative probably comes from a state that takes money from wealthier states in order for his/her state to pay for basic things, like roads, electricity, and running water.

Mafiree
They paid into Medicare.......not wanting to have their money stolen is not a radical idea.

without getting into an argument over semantics. my intent was driving home the point that conservatives often hate big government programs, many of their leaders run on tickets promising to shrink or eliminate them all together. yet many of these programs, Medicare being one of the big ones, that everyone working pays into. conservatives use themselves.
CptJSparrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 CptJSparrow
Member since 2007 • 10898 Posts
I voted third party, but I favoured Obama over Romney because the latter seemed less consistent (that's an understatement) in his views, did horribly in the last two debates, and said a few things that were downright offensive and out of touch with the American people. Also, while Obama's plan for taxes doesn't solve the deficit, I am glad that the Bush tax cuts are to be expired and it will help somewhat.
Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#143 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
Voted for Obama because while I was not happy with either candidate's economic plan, Obama is more liberal socially.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 LJS9502_basic

I believe in him. He is very diplomatic, and a very rational guy. Also, pro gay pro choice is almost an automatic "I'll vote for you" for me.

Shmiity
Part of the problem with the election process is the existence of single issue voters.....
bnarmz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 bnarmz
Member since 2012 • 1372 Posts

Did the people who voted for Obama legitimately like him/trust his policites/believe in his next term or did they just vote for him in order to note vote for Romney? For me it was a little of both.

I just didn't understand why so many people seemed to trust Obama after the massive disappointment with the performance of his first term, so I would think they'd be ready to get rid of him. The only answer I can come up with is that they don't think of Romney as much better. But who knows.

Tigerman950
Didn't vote. I'm also not going to pretend like I know the reasoning behind the decisions of others, however, I do like Obamas green energy plan. It's obvious (well at least to me) that endeavor will take more than 4 years to show signs of life. It's something that we all need, not just America. It's a daring yet applicable investment. I still didn't forget about the Gulf oil spill nor the more horrible ones in Africa. We have the intelligence and means to stop using fossil fuels, and we shouldn't be using them anymore for many reasons. The simple fact that Romney was harping on Obamas commitment to this by saying it was a waste of funds is disheartening. One of the main reasons why I dislike Mitt Romney. The last thing we need is more drilling and pipelines, but "corporate oil companies" don't give a phuck about the quaility of air, high prices, and more efficient cleaner and affordable energy, just the money. Besides, Mitt never laid out a plan for the economy, or anything else. He wasted his whole campaign talking about Obama and failed to high light anything he can do. Obama wasted his whole first term fighing with congress/GOP. Never in my years have I ever seen a prez go through that before. Hopefully this will not happen again.... we need to unite and stop fighting over menial issues.
Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#146 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

Cause its more important for women to kill unborn children.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

Cause its more important for women to kill unborn children.

ristactionjakso

Yup, the entire election boiled down to this one, single issue for every single person who voted for the guy.

Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#148 Omni-Slash
Member since 2003 • 54450 Posts

Yup, the entire election boiled down to this one, single issue for every single person who voted for the guy.

worlock77
I hear that Obama not only kills them himself..but he eats their still beating hearts......
XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts

[QUOTE="Shmiity"]

LJS9502_basic

Part of the problem with the election process is the existence of single issue voters.....

If its an important enough issue that someone simply isnt willing to compromise on, its not a problem.