What's the difference between China's one child policy, and abortion?

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dagreenfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 dagreenfish
Member since 2010 • 1818 Posts
[QUOTE="Storm_Marine"] Another fun Wikipedia fact. PRC is the 80th most densly populated country in the world. The 80th.DeX2010
Population Density=/= Size of population. A small country might have a high population density with a total population of 500,000. Chinas policy is on a much grander scale. Population density only relates to the amount of people in a small amount of space, hence why Bangladesh is one of the most densely populated countries in the world.

Not to mention that while china has a lot of land, a huge portion of that is desert and mountains. The river basins and coastal areas have a lot of population density. For example: Chengdu is considered a moderately sized city in china. It has a population of over 11 million.
DeX2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 DeX2010
Member since 2010 • 3989 Posts

[QUOTE="DeX2010"][QUOTE="Storm_Marine"] Another fun Wikipedia fact. PRC is the 80th most densly populated country in the world. The 80th.Storm_Marine

Population Density=/= Size of population. A small country might have a high population density with a total population of 500,000. Chinas policy is on a much grander scale. Population density only relates to the amount of people in a small amount of space, hence why Bangladesh is one of the most densely populated countries in the world.

I had no idea populations were discussed in terms like 'grand scale'. And hell, what does that even mean?

That was part of a sentence that I deleted, obviously I didn't delete all of it. But the rest of the post still stands.
metroidprime55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53 metroidprime55
Member since 2008 • 17657 Posts
I don't think you understand why pro-lifers are pro-life. They believe that aborting a fetus is basically murder because they believe that the fetus is a alive but I believe that the official definition of a living thing does not consider the possibility of a fetus being alive. China's one child policy is just warning people to not to have more than one children, you aren't killing anything you are just preventing a child from possibly existing.
Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#55 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

[QUOTE="Storm_Marine"]

[QUOTE="DeX2010"] Population Density=/= Size of population. A small country might have a high population density with a total population of 500,000. Chinas policy is on a much grander scale. Population density only relates to the amount of people in a small amount of space, hence why Bangladesh is one of the most densely populated countries in the world.DeX2010

I had no idea populations were discussed in terms like 'grand scale'. And hell, what does that even mean?

That was part of a sentence that I deleted, obviously I didn't delete all of it. But the rest of the post still stands.

Yes but in what context and to what purpose?

All I was saying is that China's hardly got people stacked on top of each other relative to other countires. People act as if it's obscenely overpopulated when in reality it's just underdeveloped (thanks to Communism, hundreds of years of corruption, etc. etc.)

Heck Singapore (a very nice place btw) has 4 million people stacked on a tiny, resource-less beach. Yet they're wealthy and are certainly not worried about population control.

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#56 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

I don't think you understand why pro-lifers are pro-life. They believe that aborting a fetus is basically murder because they believe that the fetus is a alive but I believe that the official definition of a living thing does not consider the possibility of a fetus being alive. China's one child policy is just warning people to not to have more than one children, you aren't killing anything you are just preventing a child from possibly existing.metroidprime55

What is this...I don't even....

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#57 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

I don't think you understand why pro-lifers are pro-life. They believe that aborting a fetus is basically murder because they believe that the fetus is a alive but I believe that the official definition of a living thing does not consider the possibility of a fetus being alive. China's one child policy is just warning people to not to have more than one children, you aren't killing anything you are just preventing a child from possibly existing.metroidprime55

Imagine this situation: A Chinese couple has their one child, and an accident happens. What then? No kind of controception is 100% effective, and even surgery isn't perfect either. If the government is threatening you to have only one child and no more, what would you do to prevent a second?

klusps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#58 klusps
Member since 2005 • 10386 Posts

Did you seriously ask that TC?

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts
One legalizes killing something. Guess which.
Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts

[QUOTE="metroidprime55"]I don't think you understand why pro-lifers are pro-life. They believe that aborting a fetus is basically murder because they believe that the fetus is a alive but I believe that the official definition of a living thing does not consider the possibility of a fetus being alive. China's one child policy is just warning people to not to have more than one children, you aren't killing anything you are just preventing a child from possibly existing.jimkabrhel

Imagine this situation: A Chinese couple has their one child, and an accident happens. What then? No kind of controception is 100% effective, and even surgery isn't perfect either. If the government is threatening you to have only one child and no more, what would you do to prevent a second?

You are fined.
metroidprime55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#61 metroidprime55
Member since 2008 • 17657 Posts

[QUOTE="metroidprime55"]I don't think you understand why pro-lifers are pro-life. They believe that aborting a fetus is basically murder because they believe that the fetus is a alive but I believe that the official definition of a living thing does not consider the possibility of a fetus being alive. China's one child policy is just warning people to not to have more than one children, you aren't killing anything you are just preventing a child from possibly existing.jimkabrhel

It depends on what the Chinese government does to the extra children.