Whats more annoying, Flies or Roaches?

• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SonyNintendoFan
SonyNintendoFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SonyNintendoFan
Member since 2010 • 527 Posts

I'd say roaches. You?

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts

i wouldn't even live in the same house if there were roaches

so roaches

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#3 Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts
Ewww... its not even a contest..... ROACHES. I mean MY GOD.................... how could such foul things even EXIST????? WHY??? They carry disease, some fly, they fly in your hair and wave those bigass entennaes in your face and stare with those big black eyes and they crawl on you when you sleep............. not annoying..... CREEPY. Nightmare fuel. A better thread, would have been to compare roaches and spiders. AAAHH!!! Spiders are just a little worse!!!!
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
I'm a little b*tch when it comes to bugs in general, but I hate roaches...
konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

Flies.

constantly flying around my face, then disapper for a couple minutes, then fly around my face again. repeat. so fvcking annoying.

Roaches are fvcking gross but dont bother me like flies do.

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 konvikt_17

though the one bug, that i fvcking hate over all other bugs is the House Centipede.

its just so fvcking creepy looking. dont like them at all.

*shudders*

[spoiler] housecentipede2.jpg [/spoiler]

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts

i wouldn't even live in the same house if there were roaches

so roaches

JigglyWiggly_
CHOASXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 CHOASXIII
Member since 2009 • 14716 Posts

Well since I don't live around roaches and I literally never see them, I'll go with flies.

CountBleck12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 CountBleck12
Member since 2012 • 4726 Posts

I don't see that much roaches in my home so I would say flies.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Kevlar101

though the one bug, that i fvcking hate over all other bugs is the House Centipede.

its just so fvcking creepy looking. dont like them at all.

*shudders*

[spoiler] housecentipede2.jpg [/spoiler]

konvikt_17
WHY DO YOU STAY IN THE SAME HOUSE AS THAT????? [spoiler] Oh yeah, because you are 21, jobless, have no money and living in your parents basement with no where else to live. [/spoiler]
Necrifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Necrifer
Member since 2010 • 10629 Posts

Oh yeah, because you are 21, jobless, have no money and living in your parents basement with no where else to live.

Kevlar101

sheesh...

SirWander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SirWander
Member since 2009 • 5176 Posts

flies are way more annoying.

but roaches are just plain disgusting.

Shottayouth13-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Shottayouth13-
Member since 2009 • 7018 Posts
Flies are f*cking annoying. Roaches are more disgusting though.
konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 konvikt_17

WHY DO YOU STAY IN THE SAME HOUSE AS THAT????? [spoiler] Oh yeah, because you are 21, jobless, have no money and living in your parents basement with no where else to live. [/spoiler] Kevlar101

for the most part they keep to themselves. they dont really bother me at all. but if i see one, i will kill the sh!t out of it. fvcking creepy as sh!t.

i dont even think they are harmful i think they actually kill spiders and sh!t, but i dont care, they look creepy as fvck.

[spoiler] when you put it that way it sounds worse than it is. i gave up my room and took the basement, so my niece would have a room to sleep in. i watch my niece while my parents work, so they dont have to pay the high prices of daycare. and i help my parents around the house and such. Drive my sister around when my parents cant.

im not a lazy loser, like your spoiler makes it seem like. [/spoiler]

krazykillaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 krazykillaz
Member since 2002 • 21141 Posts
Roaches definitely bug me more than flies.
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Annoying? Flies, no contest here. Roaches are kind of disgusting but they don't usually bother me, whereas a fly will follow you around constantly and do seemingly everything it can to annoy you until you manage to kill it. Ever get bit in the back of the neck when swimming by a horse fly? Those things are nasty.

GamerZem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 GamerZem
Member since 2012 • 526 Posts
Roaches. I can't stand them, they make my skin crawl. Just today I found a huge-ass roach in my dining room, due to the colder weather outside.
Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Kevlar101

[QUOTE="Kevlar101"]WHY DO YOU STAY IN THE SAME HOUSE AS THAT????? [spoiler] Oh yeah, because you are 21, jobless, have no money and living in your parents basement with no where else to live. [/spoiler] konvikt_17

for the most part they keep to themselves. they dont really bother me at all. but if i see one, i will kill the sh!t out of it. fvcking creepy as sh!t.

i dont even think they are harmful i think they actually kill spiders and sh!t, but i dont care, they look creepy as fvck.

[spoiler] when you put it that way it sounds worse than it is. i gave up my room and took the basement, so my niece would have a room to sleep in. i watch my niece while my parents work, so they dont have to pay the high prices of daycare. and i help my parents around the house and such. Drive my sister around when my parents cant.

:( sorry dude, you are right......... Im not as aware of your life as a lot of people in OT seem to be.......... well giving up your room for your niece and taking care of her is a great thing to be doing, beyond awesome actually. Im sorry I judged so quickly, please accept my most humble apologies. I know it sounds like im trolling you, but im dead serious.
konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 konvikt_17

[QUOTE="konvikt_17"]

[QUOTE="Kevlar101"]WHY DO YOU STAY IN THE SAME HOUSE AS THAT????? [spoiler] Oh yeah, because you are 21, jobless, have no money and living in your parents basement with no where else to live. [/spoiler] Kevlar101

:( sorry dude, you are right......... Im not as aware of your life as a lot of people in OT seem to be.......... well giving up your room for your niece and taking care of her is a great thing to be doing, beyond awesome actually. Im sorry I judged so quickly, please accept my most humble apologies. I know it sounds like im trolling you, but im dead serious.

no worries:)

Blue-Sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 Blue-Sky
Member since 2005 • 10381 Posts

Flying roaches.

(yes, they exist)

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Kevlar101

Flying roaches.

(yes, they exist)

Blue-Sky
I have already stated this, in this very thread. I hate those bastards. They fly in my face, wave those bigass entennaes in my face and stare at me with those black eyes...... creepy as hell. Nightmare fuel for sure.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#22 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Roaches by far, they crawl everywhere, always try to go after the food, will always come back as an annoyance, etc.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts
Flies. At least if you encounter a roach, they usually have the sense to run away from you and stop annoying you. But god help you if you get a fly in your room. They'll hover in front of your TV, buzz around your ears, and then they only hide once you get up to kill them. And then you can't find them, so you give up and sit back down. And then as soon as that happens, they come right back out and start annoying you again.
Avatar image for Chow_Mein_Kampf
Chow_Mein_Kampf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Chow_Mein_Kampf
Member since 2012 • 6203 Posts

Flies..............

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts
Flies come in pairs and can be dealt with by a swing of a fly swatter. Roaches come in swarms numbering the hundreds if they find a place to breed and must be dealt with strategically. So my choice is roaches by a long shot....
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MrGeezer
Ewww... its not even a contest..... ROACHES. I mean MY GOD.................... how could such foul things even EXIST????? WHY??? They carry disease, some fly, they fly in your hair and wave those bigass entennaes in your face and stare with those big black eyes and they crawl on you when you sleep............. not annoying..... CREEPY. Nightmare fuel. A better thread, would have been to compare roaches and spiders. AAAHH!!! Spiders are just a little worse!!!!Kevlar101
I'd just like to point out that the reputation roaches have for spreading disease is vastly overstated. For starters, they're meticulous cleaners, and they groom themselves constantly. So most of the filth and germs that they walk over and get on their bodies is eaten by them during the grooming process. Also, they don't like to travel far to find a food source. So outside of the occasional roach that sneaks into your home when you open the front door, you're generally not going to have roaches in your home unless your home is just plain dirty. And in that case, they're actually doing you a service, because they're eating the filth and crap in your home that otherwise has a far greater potential to make you sick. But in any case, the chances of a roach walking over roadkill or garbage and then making you sick by walking on your ham sandwich is EXTREMELY unlikely. Again...they pick up germs for sure, but they are CONSTANTLY cleaning themselves off. You're probably not going to have a roach spread roadkill germs onto your ham sandwich unless you've already got rotting animal carcasses in your kitchen.
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MrGeezer
Flies come in pairs and can be dealt with by a swing of a fly swatter. Roaches come in swarms numbering the hundreds if they find a place to breed and must be dealt with strategically. So my choice is roaches by a long shot....tocool340
Roaches aren't magical beings, they still need to eat. If you're encountering SWARMS of roaches, then the roaches aren't really the problem. The problem is that your home is just filthy as $***.
Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Kevlar101
swarms numbering the hundredstocool340
No. Try the thousands.
Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Kevlar101
[QUOTE="Kevlar101"]Ewww... its not even a contest..... ROACHES. I mean MY GOD.................... how could such foul things even EXIST????? WHY??? They carry disease, some fly, they fly in your hair and wave those bigass entennaes in your face and stare with those big black eyes and they crawl on you when you sleep............. not annoying..... CREEPY. Nightmare fuel. A better thread, would have been to compare roaches and spiders. AAAHH!!! Spiders are just a little worse!!!!MrGeezer
I'd just like to point out that the reputation roaches have for spreading disease is vastly overstated. For starters, they're meticulous cleaners, and they groom themselves constantly. So most of the filth and germs that they walk over and get on their bodies is eaten by them during the grooming process. Also, they don't like to travel far to find a food source. So outside of the occasional roach that sneaks into your home when you open the front door, you're generally not going to have roaches in your home unless your home is just plain dirty. And in that case, they're actually doing you a service, because they're eating the filth and crap in your home that otherwise has a far greater potential to make you sick. But in any case, the chances of a roach walking over roadkill or garbage and then making you sick by walking on your ham sandwich is EXTREMELY unlikely. Again...they pick up germs for sure, but they are CONSTANTLY cleaning themselves off. You're probably not going to have a roach spread roadkill germs onto your ham sandwich unless you've already got rotting animal carcasses in your kitchen.

:( I need to clean my fvcking house
tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 tocool340

[QUOTE="tocool340"]Flies come in pairs and can be dealt with by a swing of a fly swatter. Roaches come in swarms numbering the hundreds if they find a place to breed and must be dealt with strategically. So my choice is roaches by a long shot....MrGeezer
Roaches aren't magical beings, they still need to eat. If you're encountering SWARMS of roaches, then the roaches aren't really the problem. The problem is that your home is just filthy as $***.

Nope, but thanks for assuming sh1t as usual. House was CLEAN, where you see two to three roaches on SOME nights. Not sure why but the roach population BOOMED, with the house still clean. Even after we set off foggers it only took a week to once again feel their presence. Don't know how they're surviving but it isn't from filthiness. So try again....

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MrGeezer
Nope, but thanks for assuming sh1t as usual. House was CLEAN, where you see two to three roaches on SOME nights. Not sure why but the roach population BOOMED, with the house still clean. Even after we set off foggers it only took a week to once again feel their presence. Don't know how they're surviving but it isn't from filthiness. So try again....tocool340
It IS due to filthiness, period. I'm not saying that you're lying. You probably just aren't aware of the filth. It's probably in the walls or attic or something, where you can't see it. But I don't have to assume anything. Roach populations simply DON'T explode without a food source, that'd be biologically impossible. And also, like I previously stated, roaches (unlike flies) generally don't like to stay out in the open and annoy the hell out of you. Roaches generally like to stay hidden under cover and in the shadows. Absent the case of a stray roach just happening to run into your home when you get home from work, seeing two or three roaches doesn't mean you've got two or three roaches. If seeing roaches in your home is any kind of regular or semi-regular occurence, and ESPECIALLY if you're seeing up to three roaches in a single night, then you've got a LOT more than three roaches living in your home. I'm talking about dozens, at least. And they didn't just happen to wander in, they're actually LIVING there. Complete with an adequate food source and a means and willingness to reproduce. And yes...dozens of roaches can easily turn into a $***load of roaches. Given a food source and nothing to kill them off, those things breed like rabbits. You don't know why the roach population boomed, but I do. It's because your roach problem is a lot worse than you know, there's enough filth somewhere in your home for roaches to eat and breed unchecked, and that's why you've got a ****load of roaches coming out of the goddamned walls.
Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts
Roaches. ::shudders::
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

Flies.

constantly flying around my face, then disapper for a couple minutes, then fly around my face again. repeat. so fvcking annoying.

Roaches are fvcking gross but dont bother me like flies do.

konvikt_17
QQabitmoar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 QQabitmoar
Member since 2011 • 1892 Posts

Roaches used to be nasty, 7 roach rush, mass roach all ins etc., but it's actually quite easy to deal with them as Terran. So I guess flies?

Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts
Never seen a roach other than on TV, but they seem pretty gross so them.
jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#36 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

Roaches tend to hide and can be killed with a well-aimed blow from my flip flops. Flies will happily buzz around me and are harder to hit. So.... flies it is.

Ronstera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Ronstera
Member since 2007 • 6112 Posts
God I hate roaches..
KiIIyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 KiIIyou
Member since 2006 • 27204 Posts
How do you have roaches near you enough to be annoying?
Avatar image for invisibletearsx
invisibletearsx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 invisibletearsx
Member since 2009 • 997 Posts

During summer times over here. Flies.

Other than that. ROACHES YUCK.

NiKva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 NiKva
Member since 2010 • 8181 Posts
Flies. I'm scared of roaches.
TAMKFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 172

#41 TAMKFan
Member since 2004 • 33350 Posts

I like never see roaches around here. I'll go with flies. Although, flies aren't very common at all here either, thankfully.

PiscesChick93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#42 PiscesChick93
Member since 2008 • 10732 Posts

Roaches, rarely see them thankfully but they are just gross

Seraphy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Seraphy-
Member since 2011 • 1562 Posts
Just couple days ago I went into my room to get something and on the wall above my bed was this wood roach the size of an egg. I ran to get a hand-vac and when I went to get him he was gone. The f*cker was hiding in one of my blankets. I think my answer is obvious. _
pero2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 pero2008
Member since 2005 • 2969 Posts

OUt of the two flies. But at ths time it's stinkbugs

CHOASXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 CHOASXIII
Member since 2009 • 14716 Posts

Just couple days ago I went into my room to get something and on the wall above my bed was this wood roach the size of an egg. I ran to get a hand-vac and when I went to get him he was gone. The f*cker was hiding in one of my blankets. I think my answer is obvious. _Seraphy-

I wouldn't even be able to sleep until I found that thing.

NiKva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 NiKva
Member since 2010 • 8181 Posts

Just couple days ago I went into my room to get something and on the wall above my bed was this wood roach the size of an egg. I ran to get a hand-vac and when I went to get him he was gone. The f*cker was hiding in one of my blankets. I think my answer is obvious. _Seraphy-

You were wearing a condom though, right?

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#47 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
Cockroaches.
OrianaDorta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 OrianaDorta
Member since 2005 • 3114 Posts

flies are harder to kill. so flies.

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 tocool340
[QUOTE="MrGeezer"] It IS due to filthiness, period.

No need to waste my time reading the rest of that sh1t. All I need to do is read that one line to know where exactly you are about to turned this argument into after I said otherwise... And FYI, a while back I found a way to sustain the roach population to where its no longer a problem but still requires me to take an active role in keeping their numbers low. Even after a thorough cleaning, they still seem to be a nuisance. So covering the sink drains with stoppers so they won't get any water helped. Placing sticky strips with bait next to some cracks in the wall helped. We don't even use the attic so that shouldn't be a problem and they will most likely become meals to a few hobo spiders in the basement before they can find anything to eat down there. Its definitely an outside food supply as far as I'm concern though I don't know where....
pspdseagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 pspdseagle
Member since 2007 • 3307 Posts
Roaches no question. They are disgusting and they are so smart...