What would you do if you were dictator of the USA?

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 quiglythegreat
Member since 2006 • 16886 Posts

Well one person would kill the other, the man being attacked wouldn't kill the guy for fun but because he wants to live. And if the innocent man were to get killed the killer should still get harsh punishment.

leegar88
You're trying to look at this from a pragmatic point of view. This is about morality. By killing someone in self defense, you are depriving someone of life who is as equally worthy of life as you.
leegar88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 leegar88
Member since 2006 • 5307 Posts
[QUOTE="leegar88"]

Well one person would kill the other, the man being attacked wouldn't kill the guy for fun but because he wants to live. And if the innocent man were to get killed the killer should still get harsh punishment.

quiglythegreat

You're trying to look at this from a pragmatic point of view. This is about morality. By killing someone in self defense, you are depriving someone of life who is as equally worthy of life as you.

Well then what do you think should happen should the weaker man kill tosave his own life or just die. And if you are bringing morals into it how is hilling to save an innocent life bad if its the only way.

DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 DivergeUnify
Member since 2007 • 15150 Posts
[QUOTE="DivergeUnify"][QUOTE="quiglythegreat"][QUOTE="DivergeUnify"][QUOTE="quiglythegreat"]You were quoting my post, yet I feel you didn't actually respond to it...
quiglythegreat
you said killing and murder are interchangable

Yes, and you didn't respond to my post. I said that the use of the word 'murder' reflects not the act itself but rather the perspective of the speaker.

murder reflects the act.

No, it doesn't. I could call the administering of the death penalty murder and others would not call it such.

I think you're just someone trying to hard to be a rebel and go against morales? Cold hard killing with no purpose with nothing more than causing pain with no prior motivation IS NOT MURDER?