What would you do if you were dictator of the USA?

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

akatsuki0wn3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 akatsuki0wn3d
Member since 2006 • 1151 Posts

Funny thought, purely hypothetical.

I personally would try to spark a nuclear world war.

DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 DivergeUnify
Member since 2007 • 15150 Posts
Station troops at the southern border with automatic weapons.
quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 quiglythegreat
Member since 2006 • 16886 Posts
I would do my best to never have a government ever again. I've thought about it, and it's really terrible, law. Ok, not government in general perhaps, but law, law is criminal. It's forcing what is a general moral code on the people who do not subscribe to it in the first place. So we try to force this code on them, usually with violence, and we outlaw violence as well. If someone was to passively resist, we would physically overwhelm them, handcuff them, physically drag them into court and watch them with shotguns in a prison where there are also violent people. It's just absurd.
DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DivergeUnify
I would do my best to never have a government ever again. I've thought about it, and it's really terrible, law. Ok, not government in general perhaps, but law, law is criminal. It's forcing what is a general moral code on the people who do not subscribe to it in the first place. So we try to force this code on them, usually with violence, and we outlaw violence as well. If someone was to passively resist, we would physically overwhelm them, handcuff them, physically drag them into court and watch them with shotguns in a prison where there are also violent people. It's just absurd.quiglythegreat
yeah get rid of punishment for murder and rape... just let them run free, law is stupid :roll:
akatsuki0wn3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 akatsuki0wn3d
Member since 2006 • 1151 Posts

[QUOTE="quiglythegreat"]I would do my best to never have a government ever again. I've thought about it, and it's really terrible, law. Ok, not government in general perhaps, but law, law is criminal. It's forcing what is a general moral code on the people who do not subscribe to it in the first place. So we try to force this code on them, usually with violence, and we outlaw violence as well. If someone was to passively resist, we would physically overwhelm them, handcuff them, physically drag them into court and watch them with shotguns in a prison where there are also violent people. It's just absurd.DivergeUnify
yeah get rid of punishment for murder and rape... just let them run free, law is stupid :roll:

I would do my best to never have a government ever again. I've thought about it, and it's really terrible, law. Ok, not government in general perhaps, but law, law is criminal. It's forcing what is a general moral code on the people who do not subscribe to it in the first place. So we try to force this code on them, usually with violence, and we outlaw violence as well. If someone was to passively resist, we would physically overwhelm them, handcuff them, physically drag them into court and watch them with shotguns in a prison where there are also violent people. It's just absurd.quiglythegreat

life would be bad without a government. Ever heard of Hobbes? The best way to find true happiness is to eleminate.

Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts
Imprison nutcases like akatsuki0wn3d and DivergeUnify.
Def_Jef88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Def_Jef88
Member since 2006 • 17441 Posts
Clear the jails of muerders and rapist via a bullet to the head. Station a large quantity of troops on the souther border. Reform the welfare and school system.
quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 quiglythegreat
[QUOTE="quiglythegreat"]I would do my best to never have a government ever again. I've thought about it, and it's really terrible, law. Ok, not government in general perhaps, but law, law is criminal. It's forcing what is a general moral code on the people who do not subscribe to it in the first place. So we try to force this code on them, usually with violence, and we outlaw violence as well. If someone was to passively resist, we would physically overwhelm them, handcuff them, physically drag them into court and watch them with shotguns in a prison where there are also violent people. It's just absurd.DivergeUnify

But it happens ANYWAY. Prison doesn't seem to do that much and in any event it's just a different punishment. People frown upon murder and rape; criminals can be punished without the law, though perhaps they shouldn't. The law is a temporary fix. Society needs to reach some conclusion as to what is morally right and wrong and devote itself to acting on those beliefs. The law is not going to do that.
quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 quiglythegreat

life would be bad without a government. Ever heard of Hobbes? The best way to find true happiness is to eleminate.

akatsuki0wn3d
Eliminate what...? People? That's hardly going to make you happy.
DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DivergeUnify
[QUOTE="DivergeUnify"][QUOTE="quiglythegreat"]I would do my best to never have a government ever again. I've thought about it, and it's really terrible, law. Ok, not government in general perhaps, but law, law is criminal. It's forcing what is a general moral code on the people who do not subscribe to it in the first place. So we try to force this code on them, usually with violence, and we outlaw violence as well. If someone was to passively resist, we would physically overwhelm them, handcuff them, physically drag them into court and watch them with shotguns in a prison where there are also violent people. It's just absurd.quiglythegreat

But it happens ANYWAY. Prison doesn't seem to do that much and in any event it's just a different punishment. People frown upon murder and rape; criminals can be punished without the law, though perhaps they shouldn't. The law is a temporary fix. Society needs to reach some conclusion as to what is morally right and wrong and devote itself to acting on those beliefs. The law is not going to do that.

i'd like to see the percentage of increase if we act on what you want
quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 quiglythegreat
i'd like to see the percentage of increase if we act on what you want
DivergeUnify
Things have to get worse before they get better. The law is morally unacceptable because it uses violence to force other people to conform to public opinion, or sometimes not even public oppinion. Humans are basically good. We don't want to kill or to rape or to hurt people unless we are pathologically disturbed, in which case the law can hardly stop us from trying.
DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DivergeUnify
[QUOTE="DivergeUnify"]i'd like to see the percentage of increase if we act on what you want
quiglythegreat
Things have to get worse before they get better. The law is morally unacceptable because it uses violence to force other people to conform to public opinion, or sometimes not even public oppinion. Humans are basically good. We don't want to kill or to rape or to hurt people unless we are pathologically disturbed, in which case the law can hardly stop us from trying.

not everyone is "good". thats why there are mental disorders and stuff. a chemical imbalance doesn't occur because someone says you'll go to jail if you kill.
Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts
war on canada and Mexico and make them our 52 and 53 state of America
GamerPro1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GamerPro1984
Member since 2006 • 818 Posts
Make everyone get naked. Clothes would be the first to go.
quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 quiglythegreat
[QUOTE="quiglythegreat"][QUOTE="DivergeUnify"]i'd like to see the percentage of increase if we act on what you want
DivergeUnify

not everyone is "good". thats why there are mental disorders and stuff. a chemical imbalance doesn't occur because someone says you'll go to jail if you kill.

You're right, you go to jail because society says you should or you are in a position to go to jail. A soldier kills a person and he is praised; a poor person does and he is jailed. Why might the poor person do this? Well, because it accomplishes some other cause; he obviously takes no pleasure in the actual killing, for a very small percentage of humanity does. Criminals are alienated by the law; the circumstances dictate that they must do things the rest of us say are wrong. We force this will on them, we smother them with our power and our strength. And this alienates them. It others the criminals in our eyes and others us in theirs. There is in the law no clear concern for the criminal, instead he is merely condemned and punished, for he is evil and deserves to suffer. We claim that this is determent. Being a human being is the most powerful determent.
JadedEagle04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JadedEagle04
Member since 2004 • 211 Posts

If I were dictator, this is what I would do:

• Build a penal colony on a US owned pacific island, or in a remote desert, or rent a place in Canada's frozen tundra to harbor a society made up of only criminals (that have been proven in a court of law accurately). The people that would make up the colony would only be murders, rapists, child abusers, and etc. There would exist no law, or armed force, only anarchial rule, with no means of escape.
  • Make a seperate division in the army that would have the sole job of keeping the Mexican border safe, with satellite surveillance.
  • Invest double the military budget into education, and put an end to bringing in foreigners to do American jobs that we lack people to do the work
  • Invest a considerable amount of money into seeking better, more dependable sources of energy
  • Purchase nearly every Arms/Weapons manufacturer that is American based
  • Withdraw from Free Trade Agreements and similar organizations
  • Reduce the debt back to a managable amount
  • Impose strict regulations on any GM or other Biotech Company, and hold them responsible for contamination of American crops and the blackmailing of US farmers
  • Impose strict regulations on Pharmaceutical Companies, and any store wishing to sell "Fast Food" for it serves the people no good. Instead, we'd use government funding to make sure the majority of the population can eat healthy and safe
  • Remove the dual party system andindoctrination and ideologyof Republican vs Democrat, Liberal vs Conservative and make it a requirement for all future generations to learn how the government functions as well as they know math/science etc.

Avatar image for thirstychainsaw
thirstychainsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 thirstychainsaw
Member since 2007 • 3761 Posts

Probably recall all troops in foreign nations, except for maybe Japan and Taiwan (if there's any there).

Get the FBI to investigate the integrity of all the members of Congress.

Get someone to investigate teh FBI.

Rewrite taxes.

Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

Imprison nutcases like akatsuki0wn3d and DivergeUnify.Oleg_Huzwog

Come to think of it, it'd be prudent of me to imprison about 99% of OT users.

DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DivergeUnify
[QUOTE="DivergeUnify"][QUOTE="quiglythegreat"][QUOTE="DivergeUnify"]i'd like to see the percentage of increase if we act on what you want
quiglythegreat

You're right, you go to jail because society says you should or you are in a position to go to jail. A soldier kills a person and he is praised; a poor person does and he is jailed. Why might the poor person do this? Well, because it accomplishes some other cause; he obviously takes no pleasure in the actual killing, for a very small percentage of humanity does. Criminals are alienated by the law; the circumstances dictate that they must do things the rest of us say are wrong. We force this will on them, we smother them with our power and our strength. And this alienates them. It others the criminals in our eyes and others us in theirs. There is in the law no clear concern for the criminal, instead he is merely condemned and punished, for he is evil and deserves to suffer. We claim that this is determent. Being a human being is the most powerful determent.

there is a difference between murder and war. In war you're fighting an enemy trying to kill you, too.
Mochyc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Mochyc
Member since 2007 • 4421 Posts

I would make america &totse land.

If you know what I'm talking about, then you will be one of my ministers.

quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 quiglythegreat
there is a difference between murder and war. In war you're fighting an enemy trying to kill you, too.
DivergeUnify
Not necessarily, and in any event, if someone's trying to kill you and you then try to kill them, where the hell is your philosophy? They're probably trying to kill you because you're trying to kill them!
leegar88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 leegar88
Member since 2006 • 5307 Posts

[QUOTE="DivergeUnify"] there is a difference between murder and war. In war you're fighting an enemy trying to kill you, too.
quiglythegreat
Not necessarily, and in any event, if someone's trying to kill you and you then try to kill them, where the hell is your philosophy? They're probably trying to kill you because you're trying to kill them!

Are you saying its wrong to defend yourself. If someone was being attacked for no reason but he could stop his attacker bybeating the other guy that person would be wrong in your opinion.

quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 quiglythegreat

[QUOTE="quiglythegreat"][QUOTE="DivergeUnify"] there is a difference between murder and war. In war you're fighting an enemy trying to kill you, too.
leegar88

Are you saying its wrong to defend yourself. If someone was being attacked for no reason but he could stop his attacker bybeating the other guy that person would be wrong in your opinion.

I'm not really sure, I guess. I don't think it's necessarily immoral, I just don't think it's the best thing to do always. Still, self-defense quickly evolves into offense.
leegar88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 leegar88
[QUOTE="leegar88"]

[QUOTE="quiglythegreat"][QUOTE="DivergeUnify"] there is a difference between murder and war. In war you're fighting an enemy trying to kill you, too.
quiglythegreat

I'm not really sure, I guess. I don't think it's necessarily immoral, I just don't think it's the best thing to do always. Still, self-defense quickly evolves into offense.

Well he didn't do anything to provoke the other man why would he be wrong if he didn't want to be killed for no reason.

quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 quiglythegreat

Well he didn't do anything to provoke the other man why would he be wrong if he didn't want to be killed for no reason.

leegar88
Well, to be killed so someone else lives is inane. If you defend yourself in a way that doesn't dramatically hurt the other person, I guess it's fine.
DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DivergeUnify
[QUOTE="DivergeUnify"] there is a difference between murder and war. In war you're fighting an enemy trying to kill you, too.
quiglythegreat

I'm just showing murder and generically saying "killing" aren't the same.
quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 quiglythegreat
DivergeUnify

I don't understand the difference aside from one having a more negative connotation.
leegar88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 leegar88
[QUOTE="leegar88"]

quiglythegreat

Well, to be killed so someone else lives is inane. If you defend yourself in a way that doesn't dramatically hurt the other person, I guess it's fine.

Say the attacker was stronger, and the guy who did nothing was weaker but had a weapon that would kill the other man who was attacking him for no reason. Why would he e wrong for not letting another man kill him by taking his life.

quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 quiglythegreat
[QUOTE="quiglythegreat"][QUOTE="leegar88"]

leegar88

Say the attacker was stronger, and the guy who did nothing was weaker but had a weapon that would kill the other man who was attacking him for no reason. Why would he e wrong for not letting another man kill him by taking his life.

To do that would be to say that this means the weak man deserves life more. That's never true. Everyone deserves life equally.
leegar88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 leegar88
[QUOTE="leegar88"][QUOTE="quiglythegreat"][QUOTE="leegar88"]

quiglythegreat

To do that would be to say that this means the weak man deserves life more. That's never true. Everyone deserves life equally.

But if he just dies that means some people should be able to walk all over others and kill them like they were nothing. The other man chose to attack him people will shock you if you aproach them like that, he also shouldn't be hurting random people in the first place.

DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DivergeUnify

[QUOTE="DivergeUnify"][QUOTE="quiglythegreat"][QUOTE="DivergeUnify"] there is a difference between murder and war. In war you're fighting an enemy trying to kill you, too.
quiglythegreat

I don't understand the difference aside from one having a more negative connotation.

Are you a vegetarian? If not, become one because you're murdering animals :| :roll:

A negative connotation is exactly it. One is darker and has more malice in its intent.

quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 quiglythegreat

True but if he just dies that means some people should be able to walk all over others and kill them like they were nothing. The other man chose to attack him people will shock you if you aproach them like that, he alsoshouldn't be hurting random people in the first place.

leegar88
He shouldn't be hurting people, but why make a killer out of yourself to prolong your life? And anyway, your supposition is that everyone would just be massacred; this overlooks that most people are not in danger of being murdered senselessly.
quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 quiglythegreat

[QUOTE="quiglythegreat"][QUOTE="DivergeUnify"][QUOTE="quiglythegreat"][QUOTE="DivergeUnify"] there is a difference between murder and war. In war you're fighting an enemy trying to kill you, too.
DivergeUnify

Are you a vegetarian? If not, become one because you're murdering animals :| :roll:

A negative connotation is exactly it. One is darker and has more malice in its intent.

I'm not a vegetarian. Thomas Jefferson had slaves, yet talked about egalitarianism. My character or personal actions have absolutely no bearing on the validity of certain philosophies. Killing and murder are interchangable, usually a matter of perspective. For instance, people are 'killed' by guns in the US quite a lot. The Nazis 'murdered' millions of people. Would Nazis have called it murder? Obviously not. Would someone with a fulfilled vendetta consider their actions murder? Probably not. The two words are entirely interchangable and reflect nothing but the opinion of the speaker.
DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DivergeUnify
[QUOTE="DivergeUnify"]

[QUOTE="quiglythegreat"][QUOTE="DivergeUnify"][QUOTE="quiglythegreat"][QUOTE="DivergeUnify"] there is a difference between murder and war. In war you're fighting an enemy trying to kill you, too.
quiglythegreat

I'm not a vegetarian. Thomas Jefferson had slaves, yet talked about egalitarianism. My character or personal actions have absolutely no bearing on the validity of certain philosophies. Killing and murder are interchangable, usually a matter of perspective. For instance, people are 'killed' by guns in the US quite a lot. The Nazis 'murdered' millions of people. Would Nazis have called it murder? Obviously not. Would someone with a fulfilled vendetta consider their actions murder? Probably not. The two words are entirely interchangable and reflect nothing but the opinion of the speaker.

Murder and killing are not the same thing

All murder is an act of killing

Not all killing is murder

leegar88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 leegar88
[QUOTE="leegar88"]

True but if he just dies that means some people should be able to walk all over others and kill them like they were nothing. The other man chose to attack him people will shock you if you aproach them like that, he alsoshouldn't be hurting random people in the first place.

quiglythegreat

He shouldn't be hurting people, but why make a killer out of yourself to prolong your life? And anyway, your supposition is that everyone would just be massacred; this overlooks that most people are not in danger of being murdered senselessly.

No one else might not be killed but still one man would just because someone decided to kill him why should his life be shortened. What should he do if someone tries to take his life just sit there. And people do kill people senselessly.

quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 quiglythegreat
[QUOTE="quiglythegreat"][QUOTE="DivergeUnify"]

DivergeUnify

Murder and killing are not the same thing

All murder is an act of killing

Not all killing is murder

You were quoting my post, yet I feel you didn't actually respond to it...
DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DivergeUnify
You were quoting my post, yet I feel you didn't actually respond to it...
quiglythegreat
you said killing and murder are interchangable
quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 quiglythegreat

leegar88

No one else might not be killed but still one man would just because someone decided to kill him why should his life be shortened. What should he do if someone tries to take his life just sit there.

He could run or away or simply just not kill the other person.
quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 quiglythegreat
[QUOTE="quiglythegreat"]You were quoting my post, yet I feel you didn't actually respond to it...
DivergeUnify

Yes, and you didn't respond to my post. I said that the use of the word 'murder' reflects not the act itself but rather the perspective of the speaker.
leegar88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 leegar88

quiglythegreat

No one else might not be killed but still one man would just because someone decided to kill him why should his life be shortened. What should he do if someone tries to take his life just sit there.

He could run or away or simply just not kill the other person.

Alot of the time when people are stronger then you they can run faster, and since the man doesn't have a way to neutralise him that won't end with the other man dieing what should he do.

quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 quiglythegreat

Alot of the time when people are stronger then you they can run faster, and since the man doesn't have a way to neutralise him that won't end with the other man dieing what should he do.

leegar88
Die. It sounds like he's done. Personally, I know a bunch of people are stronger than me; I also know I'm faster than most of these people.
YeahYes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 YeahYes
Member since 2002 • 7128 Posts

I would make Togas mandatory, legalize drugs, put government criminals in Prison, and then I would set up a limited libertarian government, then leave office, but not before getting a BJ from Winona Ryder in the oval office while talking on the phone and smoking a cuban cigar.

leegar88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 leegar88
[QUOTE="leegar88"]

quiglythegreat

Die. It sounds like he's done. Personally, I know a bunch of people are stronger than me; I also know I'm faster than most of these people.

So its alright for him to die for no reason when he could have stopped his attacker.

DivergeUnify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 DivergeUnify
[QUOTE="DivergeUnify"][QUOTE="quiglythegreat"]You were quoting my post, yet I feel you didn't actually respond to it...
quiglythegreat

Yes, and you didn't respond to my post. I said that the use of the word 'murder' reflects not the act itself but rather the perspective of the speaker.

murder reflects the act.
quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 quiglythegreat
[QUOTE="quiglythegreat"][QUOTE="DivergeUnify"][QUOTE="quiglythegreat"]You were quoting my post, yet I feel you didn't actually respond to it...
DivergeUnify

murder reflects the act.

No, it doesn't. I could call the administering of the death penalty murder and others would not call it such.
dissonantblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#46 dissonantblack
Member since 2005 • 34009 Posts
i would create a radical rightwing government.
quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 quiglythegreat

leegar88

So its alright for him to die for no reason when he could have stopped his attacker.

It's not right. You killing another person so you can live is wrong too.
leegar88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 leegar88

quiglythegreat

It's not right. You killing another person so you can live is wrong too.

Well one person would kill the other, the man being attacked wouldn't kill the guy for fun but because he wants to live. And if the innocent man were to get killed the killer should still get harsh punishment.

Avatar image for gorilazandgames
gorilazandgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 gorilazandgames
Member since 2006 • 7937 Posts
make recess longer... that's an oath I made to myself when I was younger...
Avatar image for TrueConservativ
TrueConservativ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 TrueConservativ
Member since 2007 • 59 Posts

Funny thought, purely hypothetical.

I personally would try to spark a nuclear world war.

akatsuki0wn3d

I would resign as dictator and put myself as president. I would close the borders, become more isolationist, end taxes, end social services and privatize them