What physically turns you off of a man/woman?

• 50 results
#1 Posted by always_explicit (2632 posts) -

So lets assume we all have to pick one thing that really turns us off (physically) about the opposite sex. What is it that turns you off a man/woman...so much so that even if the rest of him/her was great...this one thing would be enough to ruin it?

For me its feet. I went to university and one of my flatmates was a beautiful woman from Essex but one day she took her shoes off and her toes and feet were just....ugly. Not like dirty. Just reallly disproportionate and ugly. It was an immediate turn off. Even now when I see her I think she is beautiful but I just know the feet would be an issue if she were my long term lady friend.

So OT what is it for you...what physical feature kills the buzz stone dead?

#2 Edited by jasean79 (2303 posts) -

Smoking. I don't care how perfect a girl looks/acts/speaks, if she's a smoker...NEXT.

Oh wait...you said "physical"...well, smoking does affect their physical appearance..they smell, they age a billion times faster, they have that nasty smoker's cough, etc. So, yeah, I'm sticking with "smoking" as my answer :D

#3 Posted by GeekInkINC (101 posts) -

Farting

#4 Edited by foxhound_fox (86981 posts) -

The only instantaneous turn offs for me are smoking and vomiting.

#5 Edited by jasean79 (2303 posts) -

The only instantaneous turn offs for me are smoking and vomiting.

So I guess that leaves "bulimics" out. lol

#6 Posted by Videodogg (12548 posts) -

Fat

#7 Posted by Behardy24 (2374 posts) -

Not too many physically turns offs in my book, maybe smoking. But even, that's not too big a deal in my head. (I would try to convince them heavily to quit though)

#8 Posted by -ParaNormaN- (655 posts) -

The face without the makeup. If she looks completely unrecognizable without her makeup then I don't want to get to know her.

#9 Posted by jasean79 (2303 posts) -

A girl that doesn't take care of her hair is major turn off too. If her hair is teased, flat, greasy, thin, flammable from too much hair product....NEXT.

#10 Posted by always_explicit (2632 posts) -

I find it quite sexy when girls smoke, I made a topic about it years ago and pretty much 95% of people were repulsed by it. I like little indie chicks with a bad attitude though haha.

#11 Posted by lostrib (31868 posts) -

Penis

#12 Posted by always_explicit (2632 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Penis

Not a deal breaker for me.

#13 Posted by plageus900 (936 posts) -

She could be the most attractive woman in the world, but if she opens her mouth and her less than desirable IQ becomes apparent, I will walk away.

#14 Posted by always_explicit (2632 posts) -

She could be the most attractive woman in the world, but if she opens her mouth and her less than desirable IQ becomes apparent, I will walk away.

I totally and utterly respect your opinion. I also totally and utterly disagree. Natalie Portman for example is utterly sheltered and stupid but....damn she pretty.

#15 Posted by Stranger_36 (459 posts) -

Tattoos and piercings.

#16 Posted by Serraph105 (27584 posts) -

Physically? A bad hair style, it's one thing everyone can control so long as they have hair.

#17 Posted by plageus900 (936 posts) -

@plageus900 said:

I totally and utterly respect your opinion. I also totally and utterly disagree. Natalie Portman for example is utterly sheltered and stupid but....damn she pretty.

She is gorgeous. But my statement still stands.

:P

#18 Posted by always_explicit (2632 posts) -

@always_explicit said:

@plageus900 said:

She is gorgeous. But my statement still stands.

:P

I wish there was some incredibly expensive and elaborate way to test your dedication haha.

#19 Posted by ArmoredCore55 (23812 posts) -

Smoking, close-minded, rude attitude, short hair, tattoos, piercings outside the ears, muscular, fat, to name a few...

#20 Edited by uninspiredcup (6981 posts) -

I really had "lad" woman. The woman you se shouting and staggering with high heels in there hand as they have come back from some grotty nightclub on a cheap Spanish holiday.

Woman should be like the ones in Jane Austin Novels.

#21 Posted by GeekInkINC (101 posts) -

Boogers

#22 Posted by Kevlar101 (5977 posts) -

Too fat, or too skinny.

If a lady is overweight, then I don't want anything to do with her. Keep in mind, I am talking about OBESE ladies. Being obese deserves no respect.

Being too skinny is also repulsive. I can't stand ladies who are too thin. It's just....ew.

I like ladies who are kind of thick and a little chubby. Ya know, a healthy weight.

#23 Posted by Kevlar101 (5977 posts) -

Oh, and too much hair (unibrow, womanstache, etc.).

Also, bland eyes. I like eyes that kind of sparkle because they are wide. Some women just...have "small" opening eyes.

#24 Posted by ssvegeta555 (2260 posts) -

Penciled in eyebrows. It looks stupid and fake, which I imagine is an accurate description of the girl in question. And, weight. I don't mind curvy girls or those who are overweight, but if they're bigger than me (I'm 30-40 lbs or so overweight), that's a problem haha.

#25 Posted by megagene (22976 posts) -

@plageus900 said:

What makes you say she is stupid? She has a degree in psychology from Harvard, has given lectures at Columbia University, and has co-written research papers that have been published in scientific journals. Sheltered, maybe... But I wouldn't say that she's stupid.

#26 Edited by one_plum (6305 posts) -

@always_explicit said:

So lets assume we all have to pick one thing that really turns us off (physically) about the opposite sex. What is it that turns you off a man/woman...so much so that even if the rest of him/her was great...this one thing would be enough to ruin it?

For me its feet. I went to university and one of my flatmates was a beautiful woman from Essex but one day she took her shoes off and her toes and feet were just....ugly. Not like dirty. Just reallly disproportionate and ugly. It was an immediate turn off. Even now when I see her I think she is beautiful but I just know the feet would be an issue if she were my long term lady friend.

So OT what is it for you...what physical feature kills the buzz stone dead?

I'd rather not see feet at all. Flip flops in public are a turn off, unless worn at the beach. Socks, stockings and boots are turn ons.

The common ones: Smoker, obese and anorexic are turn offs as well.

#27 Posted by GazaAli (22491 posts) -

Surprised by the number of people listing smoking as a turn off. Nothing peaks my interest in a beautiful woman like having her asking me for a cigarette, lighting one for her then sit next to each other blowing smoke while not giving a fuck about everybody and everything else.

#28 Posted by playmynutz (5925 posts) -

Off the top of my head; big foreheads (pun intended)

Everyone naming things that could change.

#29 Posted by XilePrincess (13104 posts) -

Most of the things I hate are life choices. I would never date someone who smokes and bad hygiene is a no-no. If you're not homeless and still choose to not shower or wear clean clothes and find it acceptable to stink... yuck.

Physically the only things I can think of are overlong/dirty/jagged finger and toenails, and I'm not a fan of chest or back hair, or facial hair for the most part. Even if it looks nice it doesn't really feel nice. And if we're being really superficial, bad teeth.

#30 Posted by thehig1 (898 posts) -

If I I'm after sex nothing is a turn off lol, a female that's roughly my age (no less than 5 years younger no more than 20 years older) is my standard for sex. :)

#31 Posted by Iszdope (9435 posts) -

Goiter.

#32 Posted by hippiesanta (9735 posts) -

a Non American who's trying too hard to speak in American Accent

#33 Posted by always_explicit (2632 posts) -

@thehig1 said:

If I I'm after sex nothing is a turn off lol, a female that's roughly my age (no less than 5 years younger no more than 20 years older) is my standard for sex. :)

This is just gross.

#34 Edited by KittyBangBang (18 posts) -

bad breath

#35 Posted by Pffrbt (6367 posts) -

Feminine appearance/mannerisms, smoking, poor hygiene, being skinny, blond hair and red hair.

#36 Edited by ShepardCommandr (2155 posts) -

smoking i suppose

it's a filthy disgusting habit

#37 Posted by always_explicit (2632 posts) -

So much anti smoking in this thread. Im in shock.

#38 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (15847 posts) -

Let's see. From my past, I get turned off by women who smoked and those women who are overtanned.

He He.

#39 Posted by Barbariser (6705 posts) -

I'll instantly find a woman unattractive if she's overweight, anorexic, deep-voiced, unhygienic or disfigured/deformed noticeably.

#40 Posted by themajormayor (25649 posts) -

@GazaAli said:

Surprised by the number of people listing smoking as a turn off. Nothing peaks my interest in a beautiful woman like having her asking me for a cigarette, lighting one for her then sit next to each other blowing smoke while not giving a fuck about everybody and everything else.

I concur.

And even if I was not a smoker, I'm pretty sure I would prefer a smoking woman instead of some hideous obese monster.

#41 Posted by Allicrombie (25107 posts) -

The initials BRHD are an instant turn off.

#42 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16450 posts) -

Smoking is definitely a factor although I wouldn't say it's a total deal breaker. How about way too much make up?

#43 Edited by Treflis (11388 posts) -

Smoking and if they have another head growing out of their back.

Thought she was a hunchback until it ordered risotto...

#44 Posted by Detroit222 (5275 posts) -

Body odor

#45 Edited by indzman (16505 posts) -

If she dosen't smell nice ( Wrong Perfume or Shampoo ).

#46 Posted by GeekInkINC (101 posts) -

Pooping at my house before knowing me for at least a week.

#47 Posted by thehig1 (898 posts) -
#48 Posted by always_explicit (2632 posts) -

@thehig1 said:

@always_explicit: Sex is SEX :)

Well I would rather not have sex, than have sex with an ugly woman just because its sex. Each to their own though.

#49 Edited by Shottayouth13- (6693 posts) -

A bearded lady. Gives me the shivers.

#50 Posted by Master_Live (13665 posts) -

I guess obesity.

Smoking is definitely a factor although I wouldn't say it's a total deal breaker.

This.