What kind of pet(s) do you own ?

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Young_Charter (19843 posts) -

What kind of Pet(s) do you own ?

I have a Papillon/Chihuahua mix and this isn't her but this dog looks completely identical to her.

I haven't been training her too much. I need to communicate with her more and understand her a bit but lately its just been about food. She's getting bigger and so is her belly.

How about you guys ?

#2 Edited by Master_Live (14162 posts) -

A sato.

#3 Posted by thegerg (14828 posts) -

Lab/pit mix

#4 Edited by comp_atkins (31263 posts) -

golden retriever, he's pretty good at basic obedience. and he'll get my slippers from the closet for me ( if the door is open ) when i come home from work.

#5 Posted by Young_Charter (19843 posts) -

golden retriever, he's pretty good at basic obedience. and he'll get my slippers from the closet for me ( if the door is open ) when i come home from work.

My Dog is a little weird at times. But she isn't wild. What kind of basic obedience training do you give your lab ?

#6 Edited by comp_atkins (31263 posts) -

@comp_atkins said:

My Dog is a little weird at times. But she isn't wild. What kind of basic obedience training do you give your lab ?

basic stuff, respond when called, sit/stay/wait etc. nothing crazy

#7 Posted by Young_Charter (19843 posts) -

@Young_Charter said:

@comp_atkins said:

basic stuff, respond when called, sit/stay/wait etc. nothing crazy

ohhh gotcha.

#8 Edited by Master_Live (14162 posts) -

What kind of Dog do you have ?

Do you train it ?

I have a Papillon/Chihuahua mix and this isn't her but this dog looks completely identical to her.

I haven't been training her too much. I need to communicate with her more and understand her a bit but lately its just been about food. She's getting bigger and so is her belly.

How about you guys ?

I see you got an Obi-Wan scheme colored dog too!

#9 Edited by Stranger_36 (472 posts) -

I have a Labrador and a Yorkie.

#10 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (15910 posts) -

None since I got married. But, I used to have a rott when I was single.

#11 Posted by konvikt_17 (22163 posts) -

1 shih tzu and two australian shepard puppies.

we used to have one other shih tzu, but gave her away to someone else. she wasnt getting along at all with our new puppies.

Anna is our Shih Tzu. great dog.

our two new puppies. first is Ava. other is Skylar. thats not a glare, her eye is actually half blue half brownish green. they dont get full run of the house yet. they are still being housebroken. no accidents yet.

When they are not being actively watched, they are in a pen that me and my dad built out of 2x4s and some plastic latice stuff.

#12 Posted by lamprey263 (23091 posts) -

English Bulldog

#13 Edited by Sword-Demon (6960 posts) -

I'm not positive, but I think she's a Manchester mix.

I have her trained pretty well with snaps. one snap and she'll stop what she's doing and come next to me. Another snap and she sits. 3 snaps in quick succession and she jumps on me. snap and point and she'll go where I pointed.

plus she knows upstairs, outside, bed, etc.

but the one thing I can't get her to do is stop chewing up my damn socks..

#14 Posted by yokofox33 (29349 posts) -

I have a pit bull. She's definitely mixed with something that make people second guess she's a pit, but she's like 90% pit I think. She could very well be pure blooded though. She's super hyper, but a sweetheart. Wouldn't harm a fly, although she'd jump all over it and force it to play with her.

#15 Posted by Iszdope (9636 posts) -

Staffy X.

#16 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

I do not have a dog. When I get one, it will be a Doberman Pinscher and yes I will train it.

#17 Posted by LoG-Sacrament (20397 posts) -

i have a yorkshire terrier and wolf mix. she could basically tear a man limb from limb. she's ferocious.

#18 Edited by Braun_Roid_Rage (719 posts) -

I'm getting this beaut soon. It's the Japanese style Akita. I know a guy who knows a guy that's selling puppies.

#19 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2388 posts) -

The kind that is invisible.

#20 Posted by betamaxx83 (351 posts) -

I have a yellow lab at the moment

#21 Posted by North_Dakota (13 posts) -

I have a pit bull. She's definitely mixed with something that make people second guess she's a pit, but she's like 90% pit I think. She could very well be pure blooded though. She's super hyper, but a sweetheart. Wouldn't harm a fly, although she'd jump all over it and force it to play with her.

I hate pit bulls, they eat human child alive. No way, they shouldn't be allowed as pet. There were many cases both in UK as well as US in which they did harm to humans. They should be Banned as pet dogs. -_-

#22 Posted by Young_Charter (19843 posts) -
#23 Posted by sukraj (22089 posts) -

british bulldog yar

#24 Edited by Braun_Roid_Rage (719 posts) -

@yokofox33 said:

I hate pit bulls, they eat human child alive. No way, they shouldn't be allowed as pet. There were many cases both in UK as well as US in which they did harm to humans. They should be Banned as pet dogs. -_-

This post is full of stupid. It's all about how the owners raise & treat them, dumb ass.

#25 Edited by hippiesanta (9798 posts) -

@Braun_Roid_Rage said:

I'm getting this beaut soon. It's the Japanese style Akita. I know a guy who knows a guy that's selling puppies.

#26 Posted by Postal_Guy (2643 posts) -

2 wire haired Dachshund

#27 Posted by North_Dakota (13 posts) -

@Braun_Roid_Rage: Yeah tell them to family member of those who got attacked and lost their child. lol i have nothing against that dog breed. My opinion, pitbull should be banned as home pets. thats it. I can post you several links of pitbull attacking home owners regardless of how well the owners raised and treat them.

#28 Edited by konvikt_17 (22163 posts) -

"I have nothing against them"
"I hate Pit Bulls"
"they should be banned"

trying too hard.

but ill bite, post the links.

#29 Edited by jdc6305 (3802 posts) -

Long hair Chihuahua

#30 Posted by Braun_Roid_Rage (719 posts) -

@Braun_Roid_Rage: Yeah tell them to family member of those who got attacked and lost their child. lol i have nothing against that dog breed. My opinion, pitbull should be banned as home pets. thats it. I can post you several links of pitbull attacking home owners regardless of how well the owners raised and treat them.

You have nothing against Pits but you said you hate them...makes sense. A lot of dog breeds attack people obviously. But because Pits are used in dog fighting & are strong jawed they get a bad rep. And every Pit attack is on the news it seems. Those owners who raise their Pits right rarely ever have problems. I've been around plenty of them & they're good dogs by nature. So yeah, you have no idea wtf you're talking about.

#31 Edited by awesome3496 (2158 posts) -

I had a mutt.

#32 Edited by plageus900 (993 posts) -

Dogs annoy the shit out of me.

#33 Posted by ChiefvsGordon (1085 posts) -

they told me it is a golden retriever mixed with a lab retriever, but idk for sure lol. He looks like doug from up :)

#34 Edited by bigfootpart2 (91 posts) -

Two Pembroke Welsh Corgis.

Both dogs are trained and very smart, but you'll need to have something they want, like food or toys, to get them to work for you. Corgis are basically little mercenaries.

#35 Edited by Trail_Mix (2021 posts) -

I used to have a rottweiler.

She was actually a pretty big weenie, consider the breed gets a lot of bad rep for being intimidating.

#36 Edited by Young_Charter (19843 posts) -

@bigfootpart2: Saw those for the first time today. Cute little chubby dogs lol. I would like to have one. I look forward to having a second dog by winter.

#37 Posted by Sword-Demon (6960 posts) -

Pitts, in general, aren't aggressive towards people. They're one of the most loving breeds out there. Every breed has its bad eggs. There are Golden Retrievers, Labs, Huskies, and German Shepards, and any other breed you can think of, that attack people.

Pitts have a negative stigma because *1* they are used for dogfighting due to their strength and resistance to pain, and *2* because there are more stray pitts than any other breed (because so many are bred for dogfighting and the ones that aren't used to fight are thrown out), and any feral animal is likely to be aggressive.

your average Rhodesian Ridgeback is infinitely worse than a pittbull (and over twice as big); If there's any breed that should be banned, it's that one.

#38 Posted by roulettethedog (10947 posts) -

A wild 7 year old Golden retriever. She was my brother's but I took ownership of Emma when she was 3.

#39 Posted by spaceninja818 (422 posts) -

I don't have a dog, but I love them. I have a little parrot whose cage is open all the time and he flies around the house freely. He bites, chews and craps on everything like a dog. And if that wasn't enough, he also curses. I don't know who taught him all those words. Little bastard curses worse than a sailor.

#40 Posted by Young_Charter (19843 posts) -

A wild 7 year old Golden retriever. She was my brother's but I took ownership of Emma when she was 3.

Did something happen in order for you to end up taking ownership of emma ? IF you don't mind me asking.

I don't have a dog, but I love them. I have a little parrot whose cage is open all the time and he flies around the house freely. He bites, chews and craps on everything like a dog. And if that wasn't enough, he also curses. I don't know who taught him all those words. Little bastard curses worse than a sailor.

Excuse me, I'll change ther thread to "What kind of pet do you own ?" sorry.

#41 Posted by LoG-Sacrament (20397 posts) -

@north_dakota said:

Pitts, in general, aren't aggressive towards people. They're one of the most loving breeds out there. Every breed has its bad eggs. There are Golden Retrievers, Labs, Huskies, and German Shepards, and any other breed you can think of, that attack people.

Pitts have a negative stigma because *1* they are used for dogfighting due to their strength and resistance to pain, and *2* because there are more stray pitts than any other breed (because so many are bred for dogfighting and the ones that aren't used to fight are thrown out), and any feral animal is likely to be aggressive.

your average Rhodesian Ridgeback is infinitely worse than a pittbull (and over twice as big); If there's any breed that should be banned, it's that one.

my friend has a rhodesian and she's a sweetheart. when people come over, she greets them and then hides on a bed and naps. when other dogs are rough housing, she stands back and barks. she's like a 90lb lapdog. pretty much any domestic breed will be friendly if you socialize them.

#42 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

Two cats and two snakes.

#43 Posted by Jd1680a (5921 posts) -

I own three snakes. A Honduran Milksnake Tangerine, a corn snake and a california kingsnake.

#44 Posted by Sword-Demon (6960 posts) -

@Sword-Demon said:

@north_dakota said:

my friend has a rhodesian and she's a sweetheart. when people come over, she greets them and then hides on a bed and naps. when other dogs are rough housing, she stands back and barks. she's like a 90lb lapdog. pretty much any domestic breed will be friendly if you socialize them.

I'm certainly not saying they're all bad, and training / socialization is definitely a huge part of it, but from what I've seen (I work at an animal hospital), Rhodesians (along with chow chows and shar peis) in particular seem to be inherently aggressive compared to other dogs.

Meanwhile, pits, who have this huge negative stigma for being aggressive, are always the sweetest dogs I see (We have a stray pit there now whose leg was snapped in half, but he was just wagging his tail and trying to play with everyone, lol).

#45 Posted by playmynutz (5981 posts) -

I use to have a pet cricket that I would occasionally run into inside my house

#46 Edited by hydralisk86 (8525 posts) -

2 goldfish.

#47 Posted by leeveeu (3399 posts) -

1 big dog (60 kg).

#48 Posted by TheFlush (5508 posts) -

A Scottish Fold cat named Joli:

#49 Posted by XilePrincess (13126 posts) -

I have one cat, Jack. He'll be 7 in August and he's a cheeky little brat. He owns this house and he knows it.

In the future I'm going to get some rescue animals, probably at least one dog and one cat.

#50 Posted by 187umKILLAH (1337 posts) -

Dogs annoy the shit out of me.

Must admit this made me laugh XD

I used to have a rottweiler.

She was actually a pretty big weenie, consider the breed gets a lot of bad rep for being intimidating.

um ok not sure what this means and not sure if I want to know either...

I agree these worthless land sharks should be shot on sight or better yet banned as some are where I live but don't even bother wasting time arguing with people online over this issue, they are a fighting dog and have a higher prey drive than companion dogs. They will therefore revert to predatory behaviour such as chasing, biting, attacking and reacting to movement, a lot more quickly and are responsible for a landslide majority of dog attacks but of course the usual biased pit owners will just deny it as ignorance is bliss. Sure any dog can bite but I've never heard of anyone being mauled to death by a chihuahua or poodle.