DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8772 Posts

I drive about 5 mph over the speed limit, most times. Become a swearing machine if someone drives 5 mph under the speed limit. But that's about it for me.

You? Be honest.

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#2 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2951 Posts

Me? Best driver imaginable.

Everyone else? A real dick or bitch.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38678 Posts

me:

everyone else:

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14803 Posts

Aggressive

Avatar image for deactivated-661eae767772c
deactivated-661eae767772c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 deactivated-661eae767772c
Member since 2022 • 245 Posts

I moved to Phoenix from the PNW about 5 years ago. I thought northwest drivers were morons....

90% of the drivers here need to lose their license.

Everyday, I miss green lights because derps are too busy on their phones (at least in the PNW, if you're caught on your cell while driving, you're charged with a felony, placed in front of a firing squad, ashes snorted like cocaine in front of your family, etc...).

I can't pull out of a parking lot and onto a street because someone decided to stop over 9000 car lengths behind the person in front of them....

I can't drive on a freeway/interstate without dodging at least one twerp cutting across 4+ lanes of traffic to make their exit...

Dumbasses in their beta, 48-inch lifted Ford F-150's think its legal to drive in two lanes.....

Last week, someone in the far right lane decided they could turn left on a green arrow and cut off everyone in the turn lane....I yelled so loud they must have heard me because they flipped me off the entire way down the road.

Tl;dr I've become a very angry driver.

GNS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#6  Edited By GNS
Member since 2015 • 922 Posts

I can call my-self an occasional driver. If I drive per moth at least 500 km that means that I had many places to go for one reason or another. For relevance, I live in a small country. Usually, per month, I drive 100-230 km distance... (mainly to homestead and back).

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

I drive a bicycle🤣

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17658 Posts

It varies day to day based on my mood.

Sometimes I'm an aggressive driver, other times I'll cruise slowly in the right lane. I tend to be pretty chill overall, generally looking at mishaps as innocent misunderstandings instead of intentional acts of malice, although I can road rage if someone is being an intentional ass and gets right on my tail. Then I'll usually ride theirs for a while to feed the anger; stupid I know, luckily I haven't had it escalate but it's prone to happen on days I'm not feeling too accommodating.

So somewhat aggressive, but a chill aggressive unless you're being a real intentional dickhead.

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#9  Edited By Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2951 Posts
@comp_atkins said:

me:

everyone else:

to expand upon what i initially said

me:

everyone else:

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127506 Posts

Chill and relaxed. I am not in a hurry most of the times. Go the speed limit if the conditions allow for it I like to keep my distanse to vehicle in front of me. I'll let go of the gas early/break early if it means I don't have to come to a complete stop. The thing that perhaps annoys me most is having to come to a complete stop.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34615 Posts

I don't drive. But if I did, I'd stay within the speed limits and refrain from changing lanes as attempts to get where I'm going two seconds faster. If you're late with your car, you suck and should suck less. Not drive faster.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23919 Posts

I don't drive. But how I cycle depends on my mood. When I am calm, I tend to cycle at around 16-18 km/h. When I am stressed or angry, I can go over 35.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#13 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58978 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

I drive a bicycle🤣

This.

Don't like being in cars in general. Even when zoom past and get that smell of exhaust hate it. First thing notice in a city.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#14 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17811 Posts

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56110 Posts

@horgen said:

Chill and relaxed. I am not in a hurry most of the times. Go the speed limit if the conditions allow for it I like to keep my distanse to vehicle in front of me. I'll let go of the gas early/break early if it means I don't have to come to a complete stop. The thing that perhaps annoys me most is having to come to a complete stop.

Exactly like this for me as well. I'm more of a standard driver and I'll sometime push the paddle if I can get away with it but not all the time mind you. I like using Waze as it tells me where the cops are camping at😅

@Litchie said:

I don't drive. But if I did, I'd stay within the speed limits and refrain from changing lanes as attempts to get where I'm going two seconds faster. If you're late with your car, you suck and should suck less. Not drive faster.

If I may ask, how do you get around if you don't drive? I take it you live in a small community that doesn't required using cars?

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GirlUSoCrazy  Online
Member since 2015 • 1055 Posts

Cautious, I've gotten too many tickets for BS things that you never think they would try to get anyone on. I'm definitely not dangerous or even ambitious on the road. Maybe I have bad luck. I try to know and follow every rule.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34615 Posts
@davillain said:
@Litchie said:

If I may ask, how do you get around if you don't drive? I take it you live in a small community that doesn't required using cars?

I live just outside Stockholm. I have very easy access to buses and trains. I work in the city, getting there by bus and train can sometimes go faster than getting there by car, thanks to traffic, and is much cheaper than having a car. I don't even have a drivers license. Figured I'd get one whenever/if I'll need one.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 horgen  Moderator

@Litchie said:
@davillain said:
@Litchie said:

I live just outside Stockholm. I have very easy access to buses and trains. I work in the city, getting there by bus and train can sometimes go faster than getting there by car, thanks to traffic, and is much cheaper than having a car. I don't even have a drivers license. Figured I'd get one whenever/if I'll need one.

My situation is somewhat the same. Haven't had a car for the last 8 months. Haven't really missed it either. Electric bike gets me faster to work than a car would. No rush hour.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56110 Posts

@horgen: @Litchie: Wish I could live in a small area where cars are not needed that much. I still take the train in order to get to work only but still need a car to get around by going places even further.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 horgen  Moderator

@davillain said:

@horgen: @Litchie: Wish I could live in a small area where cars are not needed that much. I still take the train in order to get to work only but still need a car to get around by going places even further.

What public options do you have?

By walking the nearest bus stop is like 2 minutes away. 12-15 minutes walk to the metro. Another bus line is like 5 minutes walk.

5 years ago I bought an electric bike. So anything within a 10-15 mile radius is doable with a bike, depending somewhat on the road to the destination and what I am getting.

Mostly though, not having a car and had to look at other options, made it much easier to see what I needed the car for and not.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10446 Posts

fast. on roads with a suitable speed limit. otherwise super careful.

ive bought performance cars for the past 10+ years, get a new car every 12-18 months, my little side hobby. just recently downgraded because my last one was depreciating faster than anytime ive seen before. huge second hand market dip. lost a lot on it.

getting kinda pointless because speed cameras everywhere. average speed check motorways. fewer and fewer places to have some fun.

picked up a nice in-between at a steal to cushion between going back to standard cars. might be game over

MyCatIsMilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MyCatIsMilk
Member since 2022 • 1144 Posts

I'm a rule follower as much as I'm able to be, though keep this in mind contextually, this doesn't apply to things that go against my value system. I passed my drivers test and nearly received a flawless score. My driving instructor told me to keep up on my good driving habits, and she specifically told me that there is no law that allows you to go 5mph above the posted speed limit. So you can imagine how many people pass me by. So I very much follow the law to almost a 'T', some minor errors here and there. I'm a very defensive driver, and this has saved me from many car wrecks not due to any fault of my own.

Anytime I see my lane clear while heading home, and the lane beside me is backed up, I just know someone isn't paying attention and will try to switch in my lane as I'm approaching. Funnily enough, this always happens right at the turn I need to make to get to my studio. :/

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44566 Posts

Way I see it, the two types of drivers are people who have to look at other passengers when they talk to them (while they're driving!), and those that don't.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58318 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

Way I see it, the two types of drivers are people who have to look at other passengers when they talk to them (while they're driving!), and those that don't.

This is so true.

I just drove my parents to an appointment and it sort of dawned on me, after reading what you wrote, that I was having a conversation with them the whole time but never once looked at them. Checking my mirrors, blind spots, and looking ahead, that's where my eyes were.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#25  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58318 Posts
@Macutchi said:

ive bought performance cars for the past 10+ years, get a new car every 12-18 months, my little side hobby. just recently downgraded because my last one was depreciating faster than anytime ive seen before. huge second hand market dip. lost a lot on it.

Car prices are outpacing salaries by a lot these days, and from what I've read cars depreciate really fast now (or faster than they used to, at least).

My dad is in his 80's and has owned about 30+ cars. Bought his first one when he was 17 after picking tomatoes for a season lol. You can't do that these days. I'm 40 and have bought one [used] car, and thankfully was able to get the hand-me-downs from my sister and dad for cheap. Still, only owned three cars. I guess that's not all bad, definitely a testament that the build quality is much, much better these days than it used to be.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10446 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@Macutchi said:

Car prices are outpacing salaries by a lot these days, and from what I've read cars depreciate really fast now (or faster than they used to, at least).

My dad is in his 80's and has owned about 30+ cars. Bought his first one when he was 17 after picking tomatoes for a season lol. You can't do that these days. I'm 40 and have bought one [used] car, and thankfully was able to get the hand-me-downs from my sister and dad for cheap. Still, only owned three cars. I guess that's not all bad, definitely a testament that the build quality is much, much better these days than it used to be.

yep there was a big post-covid market correction last year.

when the lockdowns hit, new car production lines, chip manufacturing etc. all ground to a halt. new supply dropped off the map but as countries started to open back up the demand was there, so second hand cars rocketed in price.

it's took a few years to rebalance things but early last year the scales slowly started to tip the other way. more and more new cars flooded the market and main dealers started offering incentives to tempt people to buy new over second hand.

then just suddenly mid last year it seemed to just topple. over the space of about four months i lost a lot of money on my car. was my fault i got hit so hard, i wasn't paying attention to prices. but everyone got hit. even makes and models generally really resilient to depreciation like lambos and ferraris lost tens of thousands, more. a lot of private dealers over here who had loaded up on stock went bust. bad times.

but if youre in the market you'd probably find yourself a bargain now though