What is your favorite, most emotional, piece of scripture?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rimnet00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 rimnet00
Member since 2003 • 11003 Posts
What ever your religion may be, please share a piece that you feel is emotional, to you, or in general. Please post the actual scripture in the thread, whether in whole or a link to it.

For me, it is Surah Qaf from the Qur'an. I think what is so emotional about it is the way it describes the punishment of Hell and then immediatly contrasts it with the mercy of Heaven.

Video Recitation and translation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMUWbuHhNK8
ACESandElGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#2 ACESandElGHTS
Member since 2006 • 764 Posts

Saint Paul, a Roman Jew born in present-day Turkey, was a persecutor of the church until he was converted personally by God while Paul was riding to Damascus.  He became one of Christ's apostles and sought to evangelize the Romans after Christ's death.  This is about 1/8 of St. Paul's Letters to the Romans, Chapter 8.

If God is for us, who can be against us?...

What will separate us from the love of Christ? Will anguish, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or the sword?As it is written: "For your sake we are being slain all the day; we are looked upon as sheep to be slaughtered."

No, we are more than conquerors in Him who loved us.For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor present things, nor future things, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Elraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Elraptor
Member since 2004 • 30966 Posts
"Jesus wept." I like it because it's short.
MattUD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 MattUD1
Member since 2004 • 20715 Posts
Judge not, lest ye be judged.
maheo30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 maheo30
Member since 2006 • 5102 Posts
Jesus said, "I am the resurrection and the life, he that believes on me, though he were dead yet shall he live." I like it because even though we are dead in trespasses and sins Christ in His mercy raises us to new life in Him. We have no way to get to God because we have broken His holy law. Christ in His mercy chooses us. That is why I like the passage. :D

quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 quiglythegreat
Member since 2006 • 16886 Posts
"Hysterical and useless."
rimnet00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rimnet00
Very nice quotes so far =)
lycrof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lycrof
Member since 2005 • 6393 Posts
1. Stupidity—The top of the list for Satanic Sins. The Cardinal Sin of Satanism. It’s too bad that stupidity isn’t painful. Ignorance is one thing, but our society thrives increasingly on stupidity. It depends on people going along with whatever they are told. The media promotes a cultivated stupidity as a posture that is not only acceptable but laudable. Satanists must learn to see through the tricks and cannot afford to be stupid. http://www.churchofsatan.com/home.html I am not a satanist, i believe in a lot of what their moral codes are.
nightshade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nightshade85
Member since 2004 • 5654 Posts
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.
lycrof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lycrof
Member since 2005 • 6393 Posts
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.nightshade85
Pulp fiction ftw. That would be my second choice.
nightshade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nightshade85
Member since 2004 • 5654 Posts
[QUOTE="nightshade85"]The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.lycrof

lol you're quick - I have that line memorized in real life - thats kinda sad actually
rimnet00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 rimnet00
[QUOTE="lycrof"][QUOTE="nightshade85"]The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee.nightshade85

lol you're quick - I have that line memorized in real life - thats kinda sad actually

Really good movie