What is white denial??

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Xeno_ghost
Member since 2014 • 990 Posts

Whats your definition of white denial?

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@xeno_ghost: A topic no one wants to get into I'd guess

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

Huh? More details please.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

People who still think of Tommy as green.

kaealy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5 kaealy
Member since 2004 • 2179 Posts

It's about that "white" people should still feel ashamed about slavery and that, the sometimes very violent, African-American culture has nothing to do with violence leading to issues like white flight.

It's about white people being white; we are scared, racist,dumb and an in denial over our heritage (where everyone was a slave owner, even if you were not an american etc).

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

it's tarantino's new celebrity perfume.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

If a Black/Arab/Hispanic does it, they're a thug/terrorist/drug runner, but if a white guy does it, he's mentally ill.

idk, this thread makes no sense.

Xeno_ghost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Xeno_ghost
Member since 2014 • 990 Posts

@Riverwolf007: lol

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

@drunk_pi said:

If a Black/Arab/Hispanic does it, they're a thug/terrorist/drug runner, but if a white guy does it, he's mentally ill.

I love it when people think "Arab" is a race.

You know they're just white guys with a tan and a beard right?

cmdr_danbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 cmdr_danbo
Member since 2015 • 572 Posts

What is the point of this article other than to incite another race debate?

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

The denial that there exists white teeth among British people.

Hey-oh!

Transk53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Transk53
Member since 2015 • 564 Posts

@TheHighWind said:
@drunk_pi said:

Actually they are counted as being IC6, not IC1 white european. Of course though, I don't know the American version. My definition of white denial = WTF??

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheHighWind

@transk53 said:
@TheHighWind said:
@drunk_pi said:

Actually they are counted as being IC6, not IC1 white european. Of course though, I don't know the American version. My definition of white denial = WTF??

They're all Caucasian. That's like saying Jews (from Israel) aren't white or Italians aren't white.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

i'm sorry, i can't give you my definition of something i just heard of 12 seconds ago

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

I've heard of white guilt, or White Man's Burden, but not white denial.

I guess it is the opposite of white guilt?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mrbojangles25

@TheHighWind said:
@transk53 said:
@TheHighWind said:
@drunk_pi said:

They're all Caucasian. That's like saying Jews (from Israel) aren't white or Italians aren't white.

Yeah, that was my understanding as well, though geography-wise they are Asians lol?

I think the middle east is considered West Asia or something.

Either way, they shave their beards and dress in "normal" clothes, they look about as white as someone that spends a lot of time on the beach. Or Italian.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@cmdr_danbo said:

Agreed! Race is just one of the tools that the Elite use to keep the masses divided! If more people in America knew about the REAL history of slavery and indentured servitude, there would be little to no racial issues.

Let's go back to where it all began here in America! Indentured service was a labor system created for poor Europeans who wanted to start a new life in The New World (America)! The system was not as bad as slavery but in certain situation the conditions weren't much better! When these bad situation did come up, the Europeans in the system realized that they where in the same situation as the African slaves. Eventually alliances where formed and rebellions became wide-spread!

The ruling class had to come up with a plan to breakup these rebellions. Race, religion, science, economics,education and politics where all useful tools...that proved effective in dividing and conquering the people.

So I guess if people wanna know what's going on today, study history and I'm not talking about that B.S that's being taught in our current education system.

Transk53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Transk53

@TheHighWind said:
@transk53 said:
@TheHighWind said:
@drunk_pi said:

My point was that in the UK. they are IC(?) Mmm, not sure where you going with the Jew thing. I know a guy from Tel Aviv who is black.

Transk53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Transk53

@MarcRecon said:
@cmdr_danbo said:

Agreed! Race is just one of the tools that the Elite use to keep the masses divided! If more people in America knew about the REAL history of slavery and indentured servitude, there would be little to no racial issues.

Indentured service was a labor system created for poor Europeans who wanted to start a new life in America! The system was not as bad as slavery but in certain situation the conditions weren't much better! When these bad situation did come up, the Europeans in the system realized that they where in the same situation as the African slaves. Eventually alliances where formed and rebellions became wide-spread!

The ruling class had to come up with a plan to breakup these rebellions. Race, religion, science, economics,education and politics where all useful tools...that proved effective in dividing and conquering the people.

So I guess if people wanna know what's going on today, study history and I'm not talking about that B.S that's being taught in our current education system.

+1 Very well said!

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MarcRecon

@transk53 said:
@MarcRecon said:
@cmdr_danbo said:

Indentured service was a labor system created for poor Europeans who wanted to start a new life in America! The system was not as bad as slavery but in certain situation the conditions weren't much better! When these bad situation did come up, the Europeans in the system realized that they where in the same situation as the African slaves. Eventually alliances where formed and rebellions became wide-spread!

+1 Very well said!

Thanks :) and what's worse is that prior to the colonization on America, color( black and white race) was not used to describe groups of people! People where identified by their nation of origin, so technically, the white and black race did not exist. That propaganda began around 1600-1700.

I like to take opportunities like this to point the finger at the group of people who are at the root of our problems.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Drunk_PI

@MarcRecon said:

Let's go back to where it all began here in America! Indentured service was a labor system created for poor Europeans who wanted to start a new life in The New World (America)! The system was not as bad as slavery but in certain situation the conditions weren't much better! When these bad situation did come up, the Europeans in the system realized that they where in the same situation as the African slaves. Eventually alliances where formed and rebellions became wide-spread!

I wish I can live in lala land where race, religion, and everything else doesn't matter but it doesn't exist.

Race matters. Considering our history, from slavery to Jim Crow to the Civil Rights Movement and even today with mass incarceration, police brutality, and constant stereotyping from mass media, it still matters and will continue to matter. And I highly doubt it's the elites but more due to white supremacy and culture. And no, it's not just blacks but everyone including white people such as Arabs, Jews, Slavs, and the Irish who were also discriminated against.

Also lol at equating indentured servitude to slavery. Blacks were seen as inferior to the point where their lives didn't mean jack shit. They were raped and brutalized, and were withheld from reading, writing, and the basic freedoms our Constitution was suppose to deliver.

RTUUMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 RTUUMM
Member since 2008 • 4859 Posts
Loading Video...

watch this

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MarcRecon

@drunk_pi:

Nobody is living in lala land and I didn't say that race doesn't matter, so don't put words in my mouth. The general purpose of my comment was to say that we shouldn't allow ourselves to be manipulated by the resources that the system uses to divide us.

And you are correct, indentured service was "NOTHING" compared to slavery, but nevertheless, it was enough for some people to realize that the ruling class was screwing the poor and something had to be done about it.

I could have been more detailed but I figured my comments would provoke some people to do their own research and see for themselves.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mrbojangles25

@thegerg said:

@mrbojangles25:

"I think the middle east is considered West Asia or something."

Yeah. The regions that make up the western part of Asia are considered to be western Asia. Crazy concept....

Yeah. Arab people (which most people think is a race of brown-ish people) are actually Caucasians (white folk), come from a region called the Middle East (because relative to England it is mid-way between "The East", China and so forth), but is technically West Asia.

Crazy concept indeed

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TheHighWind

@transk53 said:
@TheHighWind said:
@transk53 said:
@TheHighWind said:
@drunk_pi said:

My point was that in the UK. they are IC(?) Mmm, not sure where you going with the Jew thing. I know a guy from Tel Aviv who is black.

I actually looked up that IC thing you are talking about and it sounds like it's British Cop Radio? You a cop? Well, MY point was you can describe them as Arabic all you want but you wont make an Arabic RACE, because there isn't one.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Drunk_PI

Holy crap, Arabs, whites, okay fine. Jesus I misspoke, I guess I should have said Muslims.

@MarcRecon said:

@drunk_pi:

Nobody is living in lala land and I didn't say that race doesn't matter, so don't put words in my mouth. The general purpose of my comment was to say that we shouldn't allow ourselves to be manipulated by the resources that the system uses to divide us.

And you are correct, indentured service was "NOTHING" compared to slavery, but nevertheless, it was enough for some people to realize that the ruling class was screwing the poor and something had to be done about it.

I could have been more detailed but I figured my comments would provoke some people to do their own research and see for themselves.

If there's something wrong with an institution that directly/indirectly discriminates against people based on physical characteristics, it does matter.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#30 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

@xeno_ghost said:

Whats your definition of white denial?

What is yours?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

sounds like some stupid tumblr bullshit

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

My definition would be white people who would deny that racism exists.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MarcRecon

@drunk_pi said:

Holy crap, Arabs, whites, okay fine. Jesus I misspoke, I guess I should have said Muslims.

@MarcRecon said:

@drunk_pi:

If there's something wrong with an institution that directly/indirectly discriminates against people based on physical characteristics, it does matter.

What are you talking about? I'm "NOT" dis-agreeing with you, did you even read my response? lol

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#34  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
@Riverwolf007 said:

it's tarantino's new celebrity perfume.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Here some people hold a grudge to Turkey for the slavery, regardless their skin color.

Wizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Wizard
Member since 2015 • 940 Posts

@xeno_ghost:

White Denial is:

A denial of the race/ethnic based atrocities committed by "whites" against "non-whites", a denial of current systematic discrimination, or more importantly a denial of how both of these contribute to the power dynamics and sociological phenomenon we see today.

servomaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 servomaster
Member since 2015 • 870 Posts

Sounds like an idea certain people push who are salty about their shitty lives.

Seiki_sands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#38 Seiki_sands
Member since 2003 • 1973 Posts

@TheHighWind said:
@drunk_pi said:

Race is a social construct. Given the amount of "otherness" headed their way, if they are not a historical American race they are well on their way to becoming one.

Kh1ndjal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Kh1ndjal
Member since 2003 • 2788 Posts

@Seiki_sands said:
@TheHighWind said:
@drunk_pi said:

Race is a social construct. Given the amount of "otherness" headed their way, if they are not a historical American race they are well on their way to becoming one.

pretty much. for a forum that rejects superstition and religion because it's inferior to science, i find this rather strange.

correct me if i'm wrong, but don't archaeologists pretty much agree that all modern humans are descended from a single group that originated in what is known today as Africa?

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#40 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

OP is in denial

Transk53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Transk53

@MarcRecon said:
@transk53 said:
@MarcRecon said:
@cmdr_danbo said:

+1 Very well said!

Thanks :) and what's worse is that prior to the colonization on America, color( black and white race) was not used to describe groups of people! People where identified by their nation of origin, so technically, the white and black race did not exist. That propaganda began around 1600-1700.

I like to take opportunities like this to point the finger at the group of people who are at the root of our problems.

Often wondered if my ancestors would have had anything to do with the slave trade. Well whether there was or not, the blood of a nation stains all hands. You are right that it is important to point out events that can be easily subverted to what any one just wants to hear. I know this might sound controversial, but never got why Americans have to be pigeon holed. Latin American, African American etc. Seems a very divisive system. One born out of the slavery times I assume.

Transk53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Transk53

@TheHighWind said:
@transk53 said:
@TheHighWind said:
@transk53 said:
@TheHighWind said:

I actually looked up that IC thing you are talking about and it sounds like it's British Cop Radio? You a cop? Well, MY point was you can describe them as Arabic all you want but you wont make an Arabic RACE, because there isn't one.

No, it is mainly because IC sounds better than "White guy" "Black fella" "Arab dude" sort of thing. No I am not a cop, I am a security officer and ex bouncer. Have to work around the political correctness brigade for years. I got you're point and never said you were wrong on that, or I did not get it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#43 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Is that where people pretend to be other races? Like that one woman did in Oregon. The one who claimed to be black?

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MarcRecon

@transk53:

Agreed, multiple ethnic groups played a role in the transatlantic slave trade, including Africans themselves! Not all of the Africans where taken by force, there where tribal wars amongst them and almost in every case, the losing tribe got sold off to the slave traders.

The point I'm trying to make is that no one group should feel any guilt because of the deeds of our ancestors but we "ALL" should have a better understanding and most of all RESPECT for each other.

Transk53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Transk53

@MarcRecon said:

@transk53:

Agreed, multiple ethnic groups played a role in the transatlantic slave trade, including Africans themselves! Not all of the Africans where taken by force, there where tribal wars amongst them and almost in every case, the losing tribe got sold off to the slave traders.

The point I'm trying to make is that no one group should feel any guilt because of the deeds of our ancestors but we "ALL" should have a better understanding and most of all RESPECT for each other.

Yeah, totally agree.

luckylucious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 luckylucious
Member since 2015 • 1198 Posts

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6822 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

People who still think of Tommy as green.

+1

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts

@MarcRecon: "I'm not talking about that B.S that's being taught in our current education system."

It got worse?

fenriz275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#49 fenriz275
Member since 2003 • 2383 Posts

White denial? Me trying to wear my white jeans from back in the day and thinking they look good. Screw you all they still fit.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By MarcRecon

@PSP107 said:

@MarcRecon: "I'm not talking about that B.S that's being taught in our current education system."

It got worse?

lol, sad to say yeah! "BUT" alot of us here have found alternative ways (additional reading, studying etc) to compensate for the short comings of our education system.