What is the most humane way to defeat the enemy?

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BboyStatix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BboyStatix
Member since 2007 • 651 Posts

I'm talking about the battlefield where things are harsh and brutal. But even in that environment, torture should never be used and the enemies should be defeated in a humane manner. But my question is how? There's no anaesthesia on the battlefield and you only have your gun or melee weapon. Normally a soldier has no time to think of these things but I'm talking about when they do.

No, I do not support war but sadly it seems like the world is heading towards another one right now...

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

Nukes or a pen, I can never decide.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 alim298
Member since 2012 • 2747 Posts
  • Letting the enemy have the initial attack
  • Not killing the prisoners of war
  • Alerting the civilians before engaging in urban warfare and air raids
  • Trading the prisoners of war asap
  • No weapons that can be harmful in the long run like atomic bombs and nuclear bullets
  • No weapons that can harm the nature in the long run
  • Torture methods that aim at exhausting the subject quickly without seriously injuring him
  • Clarifying the motives and objectives of war and punishing those who promote a different set of ideologies

BboyStatix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BboyStatix

@alim298: -Letting the enemy have the initial attack. I don't understand this point. This is a tactical error imo.

I agree with all the other points but realistically, is it possible to keep hundreds of prisoners of war without putting fellow soldiers at risk of rebellion?

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By top_lel
Member since 2014 • 886 Posts

@BboyStatix said:

@alim298: -Letting the enemy have the initial attack. I don't understand this point. This is a tactical error imo.

He meant let the enemy take the initial step in war. Don't be the transgressor yourself.

I agree with @alim298 on all points. Basically, those are the rules of Jihad/Islamic War.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

A nuke duh

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 alim298

@top_lel said:

Basically, those are the rules of Jihad/Islamic War.

Yep :)

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

Arm troops with dart guns that can administer a mystical and euphoric drug that kills their will to fight, I say LSD should do nicely.

BboyStatix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BboyStatix

@alim298: So isis has broken every one of these rules. But at the same time after reading up on different wars I realized that even in the iraq war there was a 60% civilian casualty rate. Sigh... all ethics forgotten during war. Even armies of developed countries except that they have the media to cover it up.

But actually based on what I read in history, all civilisations had to take offensive measures to defend their nation. Romans, Persians and that includes the Islamic Rashidun Caliphate... so i have to respectfully disagree that the holy war was purely defensive

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 top_lel

@BboyStatix said:

@alim298: So isis has broken every one of these rules. But at the same time after reading up on different wars I realized that even in the iraq war there was a 60% civilian casualty rate. Sigh... all ethics forgotten during war. Even armies of developed countries except that they have the media to cover it up.

But actually based on what I read in history, all civilisations had to take offensive measures to defend their nation. Romans, Persians and that includes the Islamic Rashidun Caliphate... so i have to respectfully disagree that the holy war was purely defensive

ISIS is not a jihadist group. Jihad is a state matter and without the approval of the government and the people, Jihad cannot be waged. So, ISIS is totally irrelevant.

I don't remember the any of the first four Caliphs of Islam taking offensive measures.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@BboyStatix said:

I'm talking about the battlefield where things are harsh and brutal. But even in that environment, torture should never be used and the enemies should be defeated in a humane manner. But my question is how? There's no anaesthesia on the battlefield and you only have your gun or melee weapon. Normally a soldier has no time to think of these things but I'm talking about when they do.

No, I do not support war but sadly it seems like the world is heading towards another one right now...

Well for starters, I guess that depends on the POSSIBLE ways to beat the enemy. You can be humane as shit, but that's no guarantee that you're actually going to defeat the enemy.

This is also VERY situation-specific. Not every conflict is the same. The list of POSSIBLE ways to defeat the enemy might apply to one conflict but not another.

So first we have to look at a SPECIFIC conflict and determine the POSSIBLE ways to defeat the enemy in THAT particular conflict alone. Once we've gotten a list of the POSSIBLE ways to actually defeat the enemy, then I guess we can determine which one would be most humane.

DaX_Factor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DaX_Factor
Member since 2003 • 167 Posts

The only way to humanely beat an enemy on the battlefield is to avoid causing unnecessary suffering. Kill them fast and trust that they will not show you the same courtesy.

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts
Loading Video...

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#15 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

Integrate.

aretilda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 aretilda
Member since 2014 • 499 Posts

Marijuana canisters, just chuck it at the enemy and they get really giddy and lose the will to fight.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#17 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Peace and love.

aretilda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 aretilda

@magicalclick said:

Drop an Ebola patient and run away when no one is looking

LOLOL! Even better drop Miley Cyrus the enemy will get really scared and run away lol!

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@BboyStatix said:

dismemberment?

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 top_lel

@aretilda said:

@magicalclick said:

Drop an Ebola patient and run away when no one is looking

LOLOL! Even better drop Miley Cyrus the enemy will get really disgusted and run away lol!

fixed it.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

I love listening to people talk about war who have no understanding of the modern military aside from what they play in Call of Duty.

DaX_Factor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DaX_Factor

@airshocker said:

I love listening to people talk about war who have no understanding of the modern military aside from what they play in Call of Duty.

Great tactic! Be so condescending that the enemy walks off the battlefield ashamed that they don't know as much as you. Nothing dies but pride and ego.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

clearly through no armed conflict... but we live in the real world.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@DaX_Factor said:

@airshocker said:

Great tactic! Be so condescending that the enemy walks off the battlefield ashamed that they don't know as much as you. Nothing dies but pride and ego.

It's not condescension, it's disdain. Do not talk about war if you don't know anything about the military. It's as simple as that.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MrGeezer

@airshocker said:

It's not condescension, it's disdain. Do not talk about war if you don't know anything about the military. It's as simple as that.

I doubt there's anyone here who doesn't know anything about the military.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@MrGeezer said:

@airshocker said:

I doubt there's anyone here who doesn't know anything about the military.

Some guy in this thread just said nuke builets. With a straight face.

rofl.

Yeah I have no respect for people who think they know anything about the military from playing a war game.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MrGeezer

@airshocker said:

rofl.

Yeah I have no respect for people who think they know anything about the military from playing a war game.

That's pretty stupid (and that's an understatement), but I still think it's pretty unlikely for him her to not know anything about the military, or for everything he/she "knows" about the military to come from a video game.

DaX_Factor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DaX_Factor

@airshocker:

@airshocker said:

@DaX_Factor said:

@airshocker said:

I'm glad that by your standards that I can talk. Sometimes to find a solution to something you have to bring in thoughts from the outside. Soldiers love to use the saying "Hindsight is 20/20", meaning that those watching from the outside tend to see things that those doing it can't. And just to clarify, your original post was condescending but as you further elaborated, you wrote it out of disdain for people that have no real experience in military affairs. Now if you served on several combat tours then that means you can talk on this post (by your rules) , so please share with us as how to humanely deal with an enemy on the battlefield, since your ideas and opinions are the only ones worth hearing.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

@airshocker said:

rofl.

It took me like 0.002 seconds to understand he was probably referring to depleted uranium.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

War in the form of a Magic the Gathering competition.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#32 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

"Peace without victory."

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
@MrGeezer said:

@airshocker said:

rofl.

That's pretty stupid (and that's an understatement), but I still think it's pretty unlikely for him her to not know anything about the military, or for everything he/she "knows" about the military to come from a video game.

Please stop one thegerg is already too many we don't need another.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 alim298

@airshocker said:

rofl.

I don't know what they're called in English. Perhaps radioactive shells? Idk

Oh and by the way you don't get to tell me that I don't know anything about war. You americans go pee you impenetrable armors while our boys disarm mines with their limbs.

I have an uncle who is MIA for over 30 years now. My father had fought in war and many of my teachers and people I know also had fought in war. Both my grandfathers were army generals. I've also been to sanitariums for war veterans. People there usually are missing a leg or arm. I've heard their stories too.

So as I said go pee your impenetrable armors and pray to God that a mortar shell isn't going to hit the ground next to you. And despite all that ease come back home with war traumas and explain to people how deeply it affected you when your friend got a papercut.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@alim298 said:

@airshocker said:

rofl.

Oh and by the way you don't get to tell me that I don't know anything about war. You americans go pee you impenetrable armors while our boys disarm mines with their limbs.

I have an uncle who is MIA for over 30 years now. My father had fought in war and many of my teachers and people I know also had fought in war. Both my grandfathers were army generals. I've also been to sanitariums for war veterans. People there usually are missing a leg or arm. I've heard their stories too.

So as I said go pee your impenetrable armors and pray to God that a mortar shell isn't going to hit the ground next to you. And despite all that ease come back home with war traumas and explain to people how deeply it affected you when your friend got a papercut.

Depleted uranium, I assume you're talking about, is not radioactive. We don't use radioactive shells. I'm pretty sure that's against the Geneva convention, something I had to learn about in the military.

I really don't care what your family has done. You obviously don't know anything about the military.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
@DaX_Factor said:

@airshocker:

@airshocker said:

@DaX_Factor said:

@airshocker said:

I'm glad that by your standards that I can talk. Sometimes to find a solution to something you have to bring in thoughts from the outside. Soldiers love to use the saying "Hindsight is 20/20", meaning that those watching from the outside tend to see things that those doing it can't. And just to clarify, your original post was condescending but as you further elaborated, you wrote it out of disdain for people that have no real experience in military affairs. Now if you served on several combat tours then that means you can talk on this post (by your rules) , so please share with us as how to humanely deal with an enemy on the battlefield, since your ideas and opinions are the only ones worth hearing.

Find a solution? Nothing is broken. A 5.56 round is a pretty humane way to go, all things considered.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

Quick death.....

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 LJS9502_basic

@alim298 said:

@airshocker said:

rofl.

So you don't know about war.....family members do.

darkmark91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 darkmark91
Member since 2006 • 3047 Posts

Farts

aretilda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 aretilda

@darkmark91 said:

Farts

LOL! I recommend either KFC or Taco Bell for the foulest smelling farts.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 alim298

@airshocker said:

Depleted uranium, I assume you're talking about, is not radioactive. We don't use radioactive shells. I'm pretty sure that's against the Geneva convention, something I had to learn about in the military.

I really don't care what your family has done. You obviously don't know anything about the military.

So let me be clear on this. I don't know anything about the military because I didn't know what depleted uranium is called in English?

I really don't care what you have done either. Your "tourist trip to Baghdad with pals" isn't excatly what I call "integreating with the mood of war". You obviously don't know anything about the military.

@LJS9502_basic said:

So the only way for me to know about war is to actually go and live in the battlefield. That's some failed logic right there.

@thegerg said:

"our boys disarm mines with their limbs."

It's not the fault of the US that those idiots use such methods.

I didn't say that to mean that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

@alim298 said:

@airshocker said:

So let me be clear on this. I don't know anything about the military because I didn't know what depleted uranium is called in English?

I really don't care what you have done either. Your "tourist trip to Baghdad with pals" isn't excatly what I call "integreating with the mood of war". You obviously don't know anything about the military.

Exactly.

Integrating with the mood of war? What does that even mean?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 LJS9502_basic

@alim298 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

So the only way for me to know about war is to actually go and live in the battlefield. That's some failed logic right there.

No it's failed logic of yours to think someone telling you war stories gives you experience or knowledge....but then logic has never been a characteristic of your posts.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

The only humane way to go in war that I can think of is a bullet to the head.

alim298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 alim298

@LJS9502_basic said:

No it's failed logic of yours to think someone telling you war stories gives you experience or knowledge....but then logic has never been a characteristic of your posts.

You can insult my logic as much as you want but I respect you for whatever reason nevertheless. But seriously. It's stupid to say that the only way to know about war is to take part in it. And to be honest I don't understand how this thread turned into a debate about me not having substantial knowledge of war. Sure there are things to be learned but I don't think if and when ISIS reaches my hometown, knowing what depleted uranium is, is going to do me much good. On the other hand the story of a righteous soldier often is a story to be heard.

@thegerg said:

@alim298: Let me get this straight, some people who have experienced war first-hand don't know about war because they're American, but you know all about war because some of your family members have been there?

I didn't say that (or even if I did I didn't mean it that way) neither did I say that I know all about war. What happened was that airshocker said I didn't know anything about war and then I responded by saying that even though I've never been to an actual war, I've tried to understand what it feels like to be a soldier in war by hearing war veterans' stories.

top_lel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By top_lel

ITT; Middle-Eastern non-solider guy vs American soldier guy.

Both sides lose. Nobody knows what real war is. Nobody! you can only get one thing right about war at one time. You can either be a soldier or a civilian in a war. And both have different perspectives of what war really is. The real definition of war however lies in the middle of both those perspectives. And that's something nobody can see.

So, drop this fight. Or else, we'll see another war happening right here.