What is the best film in Nolans 'Dark Knight Trilogy?'

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

User Lists: 0

Edited By Kevlar101

Poll What is the best film in Nolans 'Dark Knight Trilogy?' (12 votes)

Batman Begins 0%
The Dark Knight 58%
The Dark Knight Rises 0%
Tie between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight 8%
Tie between Batman Begins and The Dark Knight Rises 8%
Tie between The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises 8%
Tie between all all three 17%

This is a difficult choice for me.

I love Batman Begins. I think the story is amazing, the pacing is really great, the characters are friggin' awesome...... and Scarecrow is a pretty menacing villain. However, the first half of the film is (understandably) slow, and Scarecrow gets very little screen-time, thus, it feels like the movie did not do him justice. I love it, but it is probably my least favorite of the three.

The Dark Knight is generally considered the best of the three. The characters, the story, the pacing, the soundtrack, the action, the plot, the acting, it's all there....and The Joker is one of the best portrayed villains ever, probably. The slowness that the first film had is not present here, and the villain is done justice. Overall, exceptional film.

The Dark Knight Rises is probably considered by most to be (not the worst), but the least-good of the three. The film puts a greater focus on the minds of the characters, and shows Bruce Waynes struggle to find his true self: Bruce Wayne, or Batman? The acting and dialogue are still very good, the action and effects are the best of the trilogy, and soundtrack is still epic, the pacing is exceptional, and Bane is the most badass and menacing villain of the trilogy. The sense of urgency and severity is so prevalent, and perhaps best of all, the movie does not rush itself: it takes it's time. Now, there are some pretty noticeable plot-holes that make the plot a bit unstable, but overall is a very enjoyable film.

So, Batman Begins is my least favorite, and I have pretty much balanced the pros and cons of The Dark Knight with the pros and cons of The Dark Knight Rises, so I am going to have to say that I vote it is a TIE between the latter two films. Both are equally exceptional. The first film is nearly as good, with just a few too many cons to hold it back. Overall, the entire trilogy is one big masterpiece.

Now....the opinions of others is important. So you should share yours.

• 
Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

Batman Begins: 10/10

The Dark Knight: 10/10

The Dark Knight Rises: 8/10

TDK>Batman Begins (just by a notch, Ra's fate is a mistake in BB)>>>>TDKR- just too much, too convoluted, too stupid at times, tried to recreate what TDK did and failed for the must part. Probably the most disappointed I have left a theater in my whole life.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#2 Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts

@Master_Live said:

The Dark Knight Rises: 8/10

Probably the most disappointed I have left a theater in my whole life.

A full 8 out of 10......

......yet so negative towards it?

Explain yourself

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58952 Posts

I thought Batman Begins was the best, The pacing is better than the other two movies.

As the poster above mentioned, TDK is convoluted as ****. The movie basically is, Rocky 3. But Rocky 3 had much better pacing and a nice streamlined story. Instead, possibly an attempt to be "epic" it is just completely crammed with bullshit.

Loading Video...

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

Loved all of them but I'd have to say Dark Ķnight... Heath Ledger was brilliant!

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

TDK is my fav.

caseypayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#6 caseypayne69
Member since 2002 • 5395 Posts

Everyone always picks the Joker but they are all great.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

TDKR. BB is the easiest to watch, TDK the most entertaining, but TDKR is the more interesting of the three.

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#8 bowchicka07
Member since 2013 • 1104 Posts

BB 9/10

TDK 10/10

TDKR 8.5/10

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Batman Begins, by far. Mainly because Gotham actually feels like Gotham rather than NY/Chicago/Toronto.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts

The Dark Knight. They're all messy (Rises especially), and have really flimsy third acts, but The Dark Knight has Ledger going for it.

I used to say Begins is the best, but I gave it a rewatch recently and it wasn't as good as I remembered. I know Nolan's never been good with action, but I don't remember him being that incompetent.

one_plum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 one_plum
Member since 2009 • 6822 Posts

It's interesting how reception for the three movies mirror the original Star Wars trilogy.