What colleges have you applied/looking into?

• 74 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KiIIa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 KiIIa
Member since 2007 • 39 Posts
What colleges have you guys applied to and why? Im currently looking into Santa Clara Uni. for engineering.
bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts
Last year, i only applied to the University of Windsor. I wasn't able to leave town, because i come from a big family, and we couldn't afford it. I got in there, so yeah.
Warhawk_47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Warhawk_47
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I've been looking into the Criminal Justice class at EKU.
Mr_Arkansas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Mr_Arkansas
Member since 2004 • 289 Posts
I applied to West Virginia, Auburn, and Texas AM Universities. I was accepted to all of them, but I go to WVU because I got enough scholarships there to go for free--being in-state helped.
jalexbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#5 jalexbrown
Member since 2006 • 11432 Posts
I'm currently going to University of Cincinnati for a Computer Programming major. I just picked UC because it was convenient, and most of my family attended UC.
kyuss015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 kyuss015
Member since 2006 • 293 Posts
Been there, done that. i did the college thing already and I had a blast. I did UC Riverside; Good Fun. Hopefully you guys into your prefered schools.
quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 quiglythegreat
Member since 2006 • 16886 Posts
I'm not quite sure yet. I'll get there.
TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 TheSystemLord1
Member since 2006 • 7786 Posts

Undergrad work - Wherever I had football scholarships to:

Indiana State University, Western Kentucky, Eastern Kentucky, Northern Iowa, Eastern Illinois, Western Illinois, Ohio, Illinois State.

Grad work - Wherever I know faculty members or have connections:

Michigan, Ohio State, Cincinnati

Sparticus247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Sparticus247
Member since 2005 • 2368 Posts

I already got to college....

Sinclair Community College FTW

DivineSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DivineSword  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 15840 Posts
Last year I only applied to Rutgers University and I got in of course.
-Makaveli-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 -Makaveli-
Member since 2003 • 10222 Posts
I recieved my appointment to West Point two days before school started this year.
jalexbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jalexbrown

Indiana State University, Western Kentucky, Eastern Kentucky, Northern Iowa, Eastern Illinois, Western Illinois, Ohio, Illinois State.

TheSystemLord1

Cincinnati is an excellent school so far (I'm only in my freshman year, but hey, it's been good to me so far). As for Indiana University, I cannot vouche for sure, but I've heard it's a big party school with not a lot going on education-wise. Also, I'm going to come out on a limb and guess you're from somewhere in the midwest. Right?

B05T0N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 B05T0N
Member since 2007 • 7051 Posts
What colleges have you guys applied to and why? Im currently looking into Santa Clara Uni. for engineering.KiIIa

Santa Clara is a good school, but it's not worth that kinda money.
I applied Early Decision to Boston University and also applied to Temple University, UMass, University of Pittsburgh and Indiana University.
CanucksRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 CanucksRock
Member since 2005 • 233 Posts
University of British Columbia.
Severed_Hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Severed_Hand
Member since 2007 • 3402 Posts
University of Western Ontario.
bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts

University of British Columbia.CanucksRock
Woo, a fellow Canadian.

University of Western Ontario.Severed_Hand
Eww:P Go Lancers.

B05T0N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 B05T0N
[QUOTE="TheSystemLord1"]

jalexbrown

Cincinnati is an excellent school so far (I'm only in my freshman year, but hey, it's been good to me so far). As for Indiana University, I cannot vouche for sure, but I've heard it's a big party school with not a lot going on education-wise. Also, I'm going to come out on a limb and guess you're from somewhere in the midwest. Right?

He plays football for Indiana State--not Indiana. And for the record, Indiana is a very good school, which surpasses Cincinatti in every aspect except for Architecture (IU doesnt have Arch)
TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TheSystemLord1
[QUOTE="TheSystemLord1"]

jalexbrown

Yeah, I came from a corporate suburb north of Cincinnati, West Chester. I had a greyshirt opportunity at Cincinnati to play football, but at the time (class of 2006) the rumors were that Dantonio was going to leave and my scholarship might never have gone through. I was also given preferred Walk-on status at Louisville, but once again Petrino's status was up in the air when I graduated so I just picked Indiana State since their English program was the best out of those offered. Undergrad work really means nothing to me...an accredited University is an accredited University. Sure, I would have liked to have a BS from Cincinnati or Louisville because it means more, but as long as I get my JD and MBA from one of the 3 schools listed for grad work I'll be A-ok financially.

Dark__Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Dark__Link
Member since 2003 • 32653 Posts
I go to Syracuse, but I also applied to Northeastern, UConn, RPI, Cornell, and Cooper Union.
Jawsh12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Jawsh12
Member since 2007 • 246 Posts
Houston Baptist University and Texas Atm and Baylor
B05T0N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 B05T0N
I go to Syracuse, but I also applied to Northeastern, UConn, RPI, Cornell, and Cooper Union.Dark__Link

Cooper Union's a **** to get into eh Link? :P
jalexbrown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jalexbrown
[QUOTE="jalexbrown"][QUOTE="TheSystemLord1"]

TheSystemLord1

Yeah, I came from a corporate suburb north of Cincinnati, West Chester. I had a greyshirt opportunity at Cincinnati to play football, but at the time (class of 2006) the rumors were that Dantonio was going to leave and my scholarship might never have gone through. I was also given preferred Walk-on status at Louisville, but once again Petrino's status was up in the air when I graduated so I just picked Indiana State since their English program was the best out of those offered. Undergrad work really means nothing to me...an accredited University is an accredited University. Sure, I would have liked to have a BS from Cincinnati or Louisville because it means more, but as long as I get my JD and MBA from one of the 3 schools listed for grad work I'll be A-ok financially.

I live not too far from West Chester in the small suburb of Batavia by Eastgate. Nice to see a fellow person from Cincinnati on here.

Dark__Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Dark__Link

[QUOTE="Dark__Link"]I go to Syracuse, but I also applied to Northeastern, UConn, RPI, Cornell, and Cooper Union.B05T0N

I don't even know what I was thinking; I love Syracuse and the cold and snow and wind and miserable weather. :)

Conanfan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 Conanfan1
Member since 2005 • 8014 Posts
San Francisco State, Stanford, any school on the east coast that doesn't require SAT Subject Tests.
B05T0N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 B05T0N

[QUOTE="B05T0N"][QUOTE="Dark__Link"]I go to Syracuse, but I also applied to Northeastern, UConn, RPI, Cornell, and Cooper Union.Dark__Link

I don't even know what I was thinking; I love Syracuse and the cold and snow and wind and miserable weather. :)

I'd kill myself if I was at Cuse ;)
KiIIa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 KiIIa

San Francisco State, Stanford, any school on the east coast that doesn't require SAT Subject Tests.Conanfan1

SAT's weren't too difficult for me. They also accept ACT tests too, which is much easier as well.

-Makaveli-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 -Makaveli-

[QUOTE="Conanfan1"]San Francisco State, Stanford, any school on the east coast that doesn't require SAT Subject Tests.KiIIa

SAT's weren't too difficult for me. They also accept ACT tests too, which is much easier as well.

How'd you do?
madmidnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 madmidnight
Member since 2004 • 2066 Posts
UND, transfering to BSU next semester, then transfering to either St. Cloud St. or Hawaii*(If i get in and can afford)
CommanderShiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 CommanderShiro
Member since 2005 • 21746 Posts
Well I currently attend University of North Florida, so I'm not looking into any other college anymore. I wanted to attend University of Florida, but parents didn't want me away from home.
B05T0N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 B05T0N
UND, transfering to BSU next semester, then transfering to either St. Cloud St. or Hawaii*(If i get in and can afford)madmidnight

North Dakota to Boise State?
Dark__Link

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Dark__Link
[QUOTE="Dark__Link"]

[QUOTE="B05T0N"][QUOTE="Dark__Link"]I go to Syracuse, but I also applied to Northeastern, UConn, RPI, Cornell, and Cooper Union.B05T0N

I'd kill myself if I was at Cuse ;)

Christ, it was a blizzard out there today. 50 mph gusts, heavy snow and a 15 minute walk up to campus do NOT mix. But I love it.

B05T0N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 B05T0N
Well I currently attend University of North Florida, so I'm not looking into any other college anymore. I wanted to attend University of Florida, but parents didn't want me away from home. CommanderShiro

I've always wanted to go to UF, but it's impossible out of state. I might go for grad school.
Conanfan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Conanfan1
Member since 2005 • 8014 Posts

[QUOTE="Conanfan1"]San Francisco State, Stanford, any school on the east coast that doesn't require SAT Subject Tests.KiIIa

It's not that I don't want to take them, it's that by the time I realized I needed them, it was too late to register for the December SATs and ACTs. The January ones are too late for most schools.
KiIIa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 KiIIa
[QUOTE="KiIIa"]

[QUOTE="Conanfan1"]San Francisco State, Stanford, any school on the east coast that doesn't require SAT Subject Tests.-Makaveli-

How'd you do?

550 Critical Reading

560 Mathematics

510 in Writing

-Makaveli-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 -Makaveli-
[QUOTE="-Makaveli-"][QUOTE="KiIIa"]

How'd you do?

550 Critical Reading

560 Mathematics

510 in Writing

Not bad.

B05T0N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 B05T0N
[QUOTE="-Makaveli-"][QUOTE="KiIIa"]

How'd you do?

550 Critical Reading

560 Mathematics

510 in Writing

Sorry bud, but that doesnt qualify as 'not too difficult for me'. I did better and I dont think I did well. That doesnt get you into Santa Clara either. 560 in math for an engineering major? Uh...no.
TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TheSystemLord1
[QUOTE="KiIIa"][QUOTE="-Makaveli-"][QUOTE="KiIIa"]

[QUOTE="Conanfan1"]San Francisco State, Stanford, any school on the east coast that doesn't require SAT Subject Tests.B05T0N

How'd you do?

550 Critical Reading

560 Mathematics

510 in Writing

Sorry bud, but that doesnt qualify as 'not too difficult for me'. I did better and I dont think I did well. That doesnt get you into Santa Clara either. 560 in math for an engineering major? Uh...no.

My thoughts, don't force things on yourself just because of the money. If you are a natural at it then you will live a long and healthy life...try to force it and I can see many sleepless nights in both school and real life ahead...

You'll be doing this job for 30-40 years probably. And it gets no easier year to year if you want to make any real money.

zman32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 zman32
Member since 2006 • 264 Posts
[QUOTE="TheSystemLord1"][QUOTE="jalexbrown"][QUOTE="TheSystemLord1"]

jalexbrown

I live not too far from West Chester in the small suburb of Batavia by Eastgate. Nice to see a fellow person from Cincinnati on here.

I'm about 20 minutes away from Cincinnati:D but I think I want to go to either Xavier or UK.

B05T0N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 B05T0N
[QUOTE="jalexbrown"][QUOTE="TheSystemLord1"][QUOTE="jalexbrown"][QUOTE="TheSystemLord1"]

zman32

I'm about 20 minutes away from Cincinnati:D but I think I want to go to either Xavier or UK.

The XMen have a sick basketball team this year.
zman32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 zman32
Member since 2006 • 264 Posts
[QUOTE="zman32"][QUOTE="jalexbrown"][QUOTE="TheSystemLord1"][QUOTE="jalexbrown"][QUOTE="TheSystemLord1"]

B05T0N

The XMen have a sick basketball team this year.

They're doing really good this year and that's all the local sports talk about(and the Bengals

g-unit248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 g-unit248
Member since 2005 • 7197 Posts
already go to univ of illinois... rose bowl baby!!!
Rifkin-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Rifkin-
Member since 2007 • 458 Posts

Got Accepted into Humber College for Video Game Design/Development, but I couldn't go this year due to an accident that hospitalized me, I'm going to get to go Sept '08 though!

darkodonnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 darkodonnie
Member since 2007 • 2384 Posts

I'm still a junior in high school so I haven't applied yet or completely decided, but right now my top choice is McGill University

I'm also interested in University of Toronto and Cornell

B05T0N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 B05T0N

I'm still a junior in high school so I haven't applied yet or completely decided, but right now my top choice is McGill University

I'm also interested in University of Toronto and Cornell

darkodonnie

I hope you're a top student then.
SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#45 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
Leeds or Manchester Uni for Philosophy.
pridetwo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 pridetwo
Member since 2006 • 1226 Posts

I want to go to Cornell, NYU, UCLA, UCSB, or UC Berkeley.

NYU and UCLA are my top picks though for Business major then later MBA. I'm still waiting for my SAT results but I got my PSAT scores back, and I have to say, not bad. 221 overall. 78 reading, 76 math, 67 writing. Ya, I know, kinda lame writing score. So I'm just hoping I did just as well on the actual SAT.

flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts

Got Accepted into Humber College for Video Game Design/Development, but I couldn't go this year due to an accident that hospitalized me, I'm going to get to go Sept '08 though!

Rifkin-

humber college in toronto? (etobicoke)

B05T0N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 B05T0N

I want to go to Cornell, NYU, UCLA, UCSB, or UC Berkeley.

NYU and UCLA are my top picks though for Business major then later MBA. I'm still waiting for my SAT results but I got my PSAT scores back, and I have to say, not bad. 221 overall. 78 reading, 76 math, 67 writing. Ya, I know, kinda lame writing score. So I'm just hoping I did just as well on the actual SAT.

pridetwo

UCLA doesnt have undergrad biz. Anderson is graduate only.
Rifkin-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Rifkin-
Member since 2007 • 458 Posts
[QUOTE="Rifkin-"]

flipin_jackass

humber college in toronto? (etobicoke)

yes.

Xbxg32000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Xbxg32000
Member since 2005 • 1295 Posts
I've applied Early Decision for Columbia University, and regular decision for New York University, Cornell University, and SUNY Stony Brook.

-gl hf
~Xbx