Walking Dead, Talkind Dead .. (Spoilers)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LexLas
Member since 2005 • 7317 Posts

Feel free to chat about the walking dead, regarding anything. This is the latest episode below so far. Salvation in Alexandria ? Hmmm .. Something very wrong here ? Seems to unreal.

Anyone watch last nights episode ? Episode 511 ? I just can't stop to think if its actually a clean zombie clear zone, actual neighborhood ? I just can't believe it, i'm more on Rick's side. I mean it just can't be ! What to expect beyond those gates ? I keep thinking the sounds of children playing are just recordings ? Man, this show is the bomb ! What you guys think ?

I added spoiler to the top, just in case any details leak here

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38678 Posts

i'm sure they'll manage to **** it up

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LexLas

@comp_atkins said:

i'm sure they'll manage to **** it up

Yeah, Rick seems like he's on edge, but for good reason. I wouldn't be surprised something suspicious leads to someone being killed. Can't wait to see what happens ! One whole week of waiting, dammit !

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#4 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

I really fell behind this season, only watched the first 3 episodes. Is this the final season?

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

There's always a twist, sort of like with the Governor (which was obvious) and the cannibals. They're probably Aryan cultists or something. Though the biggest twist was Carol and how badass she was. The one scene where she broke into the cannibals hideout sort of reminded me of Metal Gear Solid. Seriously though, Carol is awesome. Hopefully she still remains a badass this season.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38678 Posts

the show is frustrating though.. it's the end of the fucking worlds and 98% of humanity is dead and the biggest problems survivors still have are other survivors. the zombies are little more than an a nuisance really

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

@comp_atkins said:

the show is frustrating though.. it's the end of the fucking worlds and 98% of humanity is dead and the biggest problems survivors still have are other survivors. the zombies are little more than an a nuisance really

I look at it this way: If it was all about killing zombies it would be boring so there has to be human drama (and it would make sense in a post apocalyptic world). However, it seems to me that most of the human survivors act like idiots and that it wasn't entirely realistic. It would be nice to see some more human vs zombie action though just to feed my inner bloodlust.

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By LexLas

@drunk_pi said:

@comp_atkins said:

I look at it this way: If it was all about killing zombies it would be boring so there has to be human drama (and it would make sense in a post apocalyptic world). However, it seems to me that most of the human survivors act like idiots and that it wasn't entirely realistic. It would be nice to see some more human vs zombie action though just to feed my inner bloodlust.

That"s a good point of view. But i heard mention last night in the after show Talking dead, that most of this is taken from the Comic book ? There's a comic book story on Walking Dead ? What ! More $$ to bring. I gotta go get me some copies !

Korvus, i don't know if this is the last season ?

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

@LexLas: The show is based on the comic series which has been around for a while now. Thought that was common knowledge....

Anyways, the show has deviated a lot from the comics. Carol has long since died in the comics and never became the badass she is in the show. She actually gets all emo when Rick and Lori refuse to have a 3 way with her (lots more sex in the comics) and kills herself in front of the group. Shane also dies immediately in the comics. Never even makes it away from that initial camp....

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LexLas

@LostProphetFLCL said:

@LexLas: The show is based on the comic series which has been around for a while now. Thought that was common knowledge....

Anyways, the show has deviated a lot from the comics. Carol has long since died in the comics and never became the badass she is in the show. She actually gets all emo when Rick and Lori refuse to have a 3 way with her (lots more sex in the comics) and kills herself in front of the group. Shane also dies immediately in the comics. Never even makes it away from that initial camp....

What ! Ok, i am getting me some new comics ! Well old/ new for me comics, lol .. Crazy !

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

ive been really not caring about the show more and more recently.

last season was all kinds of stupid. half the fucking season was just filler episodes.

Then of course, the whole Beth ordeal. Why go through all the trouble to have her get taken, then not see her for a while. then finally get a Beth episode to show what she has been up to. then just as she is about to get reunited with the group, and her sister who hadnt seen her in forever. then just fucking kill her off. Maggie didnt even get to see her alive.

at that point i was pretty pissed but i stuck with it. And then they fucking kill off Tyrese. i guess they cant have too many black people in the group.

that was the last episode ive watched this season. and i really have no inclination to watch it anymore.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

I really enjoy the show because it is so different from the comics, although there are common themes. The Gov, Woodburry, the prison, etc were all things that they picked and chose from the comic book. Individual elements like what happened with Bob and the storyline with Lizzy are also elements that happened in the comics, but not necessarily with the same characters and not everything plays out the same. This is what makes both fun because I can start to see common themes when they pick elements from the comic, but it's not something I can see "a mile away" like with Game of Thrones where the show exactly mirrors the story of the books (at least so far, but not in the future).

I have an idea of what's going to happen with this new place because there's a similar situation that happened in the later issues of the comic, but in the end I have no idea what direction they'll take it and I love the show for that.

-Byshop

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13  Edited By spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

Spoilers for the comic below, but I'll try to keep it vague.

To a degree, yes they have. Once the group reaches Alexandria they become a lot safer than they've ever been since the outbreak. However, that doesn't mean they are completely safe. Walkers still pose some threat, though no where near the level they've been in the past, they also come under attacks from other groups, including one that's lead by a guy who is far worse than the Governor ever was.

For me, the Prison story arc, and the Alexandria story are the two best in the series, those when they are on the road are not as good IMO, also just to reference how long this show could potentially go on for, the Prison was in the comics from issue 12 to issue 49. Alexadria on the other hand was introduced in issue 69 and remains to this day with the most recent issue, 137 (there is also a two year time skip in there, that the show might choose to ignore).

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#14 Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts

@konvikt_17 said:

last season was all kinds of stupid. half the fucking season was just filler episodes.

Then of course, the whole Beth ordeal. Why go through all the trouble to have her get taken, then not see her for a while. then finally get a Beth episode to show what she has been up to. then just as she is about to get reunited with the group, and her sister who hadnt seen her in forever. then just fucking kill her off. Maggie didnt even get to see her alive.

at that point i was pretty pissed but i stuck with it. And then they fucking kill off Tyrese. i guess they cant have too many black people in the group.

that was the last episode ive watched this season. and i really have no inclination to watch it anymore.

I gave up after that episode where Carol and Daryl went to the hospital and met the guy from Everybody Hates Chris. That episode was a drag.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By spike6958

@Kevlar101 said:

@konvikt_17 said:

I gave up after that episode where Carol and Daryl went to the hospital and met the guy from Everybody Hates Chris. That episode was a drag.

I would recommend giving it one last chance. I too felt that episodes 4 till 10 have been disappointing (11 was great though), but we are finally at Alexandria, which is where IMO, the comic becomes the best it's ever been. There is just so many amazing story arcs that we are so close to seeing now, such as "A Larger World", which brings my personal favorite character and "Something to Fear/All Out War" which introduces the best villain in all of TWD, and kills a few of the biggest characters in the series.

In fact, if you're not interested in going back to the show, I'd highly recommend reading the comic, there is little to no filler in the comic, unlike the show, and the story is slightly different, events happen at different times and in different orders, there are different characters, it's very much worth anyone's time to read as it is a fantastic comic, one of, if not the best I've ever read, and certainly more consistent in quality than the TV series.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#16 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

For the first time in a long time on this show I'm really excited to see the next episode

Brizzlenation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Brizzlenation
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

Im actually really surprised that more people weren't upset about the introduction of a gay couple into the show. Usually that's enough to get people to stop watching the show. I personally could care less, but with the way people act in this world today concerning homosexuality it's pretty surprising to me that people aren't flaming the show.

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LexLas

@brizzlenation said:

Im actually really surprised that more people weren't upset about the introduction of a gay couple into the show. Usually that's enough to get people to stop watching the show. I personally could care less, but with the way people act in this world today concerning homosexuality it's pretty surprising to me that people aren't flaming the show.

You know that would be something i would have heard an era ago. We are a newer updated society, from around my surroundings any how. I can't imagine anybody going backwards ? This is a new age, new technology, new beginnings all around. I don't see anything going wrong from that episode going forward. It would be most imaginable.

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LexLas

@spike6958 said:

To a degree, yes they have. Once the group reaches Alexandria they become a lot safer than they've ever been since the outbreak. However, that doesn't mean they are completely safe. Walkers still pose some threat, though no where near the level they've been in the past, they also come under attacks from other groups, including one that's lead by a guy who is far worse than the Governor ever was.

For me, the Prison story arc, and the Alexandria story are the two best in the series, those when they are on the road are not as good IMO, also just to reference how long this show could potentially go on for, the Prison was in the comics from issue 12 to issue 49. Alexadria on the other hand was introduced in issue 69 and remains to this day with the most recent issue, 137 (there is also a two year time skip in there, that the show might choose to ignore).

@spike6958 - seems like you know your stuff man. Since it seems you've been reading the comics, here's a question. Have the comics ended ? Or is it still going on ? And if they have ended, Don't tell me the end ! Lol .. I actually started watching this show from the end of season 3, so i don't even know how it began that they are in zombie land. My wife though, told me it just started that way ? I was like What ? how ? I guess we have a long way to find out. I am interested in buying the comics, and i'm sure the show will be over before i finish reading all of them. If they are already over. I wonder though, if in the comic books, they actually explain why they are zombies from the beginning ? Thanks

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts

@korvus said:

I really fell behind this season, only watched the first 3 episodes. Is this the final season?

AMC intends to milk this thing for all its worth. It will go into the double digits.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#21 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

@sammyjenkis898: Not sure I have it in me to watch the whole thing...this might be my last season depending on how entertaining it is.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 spike6958

@LexLas said:

@spike6958 said:

@spike6958 - seems like you know your stuff man. Since it seems you've been reading the comics, here's a question. Have the comics ended ? Or is it still going on ? And if they have ended, Don't tell me the end ! Lol .. I actually started watching this show from the end of season 3, so i don't even know how it began that they are in zombie land. My wife though, told me it just started that way ? I was like What ? how ? I guess we have a long way to find out. I am interested in buying the comics, and i'm sure the show will be over before i finish reading all of them. If they are already over. I wonder though, if in the comic books, they actually explain why they are zombies from the beginning ? Thanks

The comic is still ongoing, and doesn't seem like it'll be ending anytime soon, as the back of each issue states it's "A Continuing Story of Survival Horror". Also, no the comic never explains how the outbreak occurred, and I doubt it ever will. The show does give a very minor explanation in the final episode of season 1 though.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

I'm hoping to see a scenario where Rick is killed in the last episode of the season and Michonne takes over the leadership of the group, I think it would be a great twist and shock the viewers. It won't happen, but it's an idea I have.

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 LexLas

@AFBrat77 said:

I'm hoping to see a scenario where Rick is killed in the last episode of the season and Michonne takes over the leadership of the group, I think it would be a great twist and shock the viewers. It won't happen, but it's an idea I have.

In this show, anything can happen. I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

Yes I believe they have because quite frankly I think they are going to take over Alexandria.

I think that will cause a rift in the group with Rick on one side, Michonne on another.

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 LexLas

How big is Alexandria ? In this last episode, i have only seen a block ? Lol .. That punk son of the congress woman is a trouble maker. Its going to get ugly.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

i thought last night was a good episode.. im suspicious of that young girl, imo she is the one who probably took the gun Rick hid.. i think she could maybe be a trojan horse for another group outside of Alexandria or something?

KillerK1ng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#28 KillerK1ng
Member since 2014 • 135 Posts

wait... people still watch this... oh crap

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 LexLas

@Flubbbs said:

i thought last night was a good episode.. im suspicious of that young girl, imo she is the one who probably took the gun Rick hid.. i think she could maybe be a trojan horse for another group outside of Alexandria or something?

Also there was someone in that shed watching them at the beginning right ? Someone saw him place that gun there, and put a zombie in there under all that crap. I wonder how they did that ?

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

@LexLas said:

@Flubbbs said:

Also there was someone in that shed watching them at the beginning right ? Someone saw him place that gun there, and put a zombie in there under all that crap. I wonder how they did that ?

yea i rewatched it last night and it was the girl Carl follows outside the walls

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LexLas

@Flubbbs said:

@LexLas said:

@Flubbbs said:

yea i rewatched it last night and it was the girl Carl follows outside the walls

What ! I didn't see that part. So she has the gun ey ? Oh man, this freakin show rocks. Whats up with that girl ? She don't like Alexandria or something. Running off into the woods with Zombies ? Something off there ?

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#32 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

The show is fluctuating wildly as far as keeping my interest goes. Honestly, I thought Beth's death was just stupid and the first two episodes of the mid season were also lame. These past 2 have been decent though. The comics are still better in every way.

LexLas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 LexLas

@turtlethetaffer said:

The show is fluctuating wildly as far as keeping my interest goes. Honestly, I thought Beth's death was just stupid and the first two episodes of the mid season were also lame. These past 2 have been decent though. The comics are still better in every way.

Tell me about it, Beth was hot, and she was the fun one. Messed up !

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#34 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

@LexLas: I never really liked her and I think the way she died solidified it for me.