Vikings season finally airs tomorrow will you watch

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

User Lists: 0

Poll Vikings season finally airs tomorrow will you watch (5 votes)

Yes - I like that show 80%
No - I don't watch Vikings 20%
There's a Minnesota Vikings game tomorrow, I thought the season was over 0%
Nah - I watched last year's season though 0%
I'm busy at that time. I'll tape it instead. 0%

So tomorrow at 10 p.m. (EST) the season finale of Vikings will be airing on the history channel? Do any of you guys plan on watching?

What do you think will happen?

The preview shows King Horik plotting to kill Ragnar's children. I'm pretty sure Ragnar will survive. I'm guessing Ragnar will probably defeat Horik and kill him and then become king, but maybe they might save that for next season.

• 
bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#1 bowchicka07
Member since 2013 • 1104 Posts

I think Ragnar has been using Loki to keep an eye on Horik to get his trust. We will see what happens.

Something big is going to happen regardless. Someone will die, I'm sure of it.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

Sure hope Floki is just pretending to work with Horik. His change of loyalty was so sudden and unexplained; doesn't make sense if he is really now against Ragnar.

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By bowchicka07

@SaintLeonidas said:

Sure hope Floki is just pretending to work with Horik. His change of loyalty was so sudden and unexplained; doesn't make sense if he is really now against Ragnar.

Yeah I thought they made it too obvious.

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

That show any good? They have it on Prime to watch, but I wasn't sure if it was worth my time. Is it similar to Game of Thrones?

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

@bowchicka07 said:

I think Ragnar has been using Loki to keep an eye on Horik to get his trust. We will see what happens.

Something big is going to happen regardless. Someone will die, I'm sure of it.

Interesting theory, I hadn't thought of that. Floki is a strange guy anyways so it's hard to predict what he'll do. As for your prediction that someone will die, I think you're right. I think Horik will die, though I'm unsure if any of Ragnar's children will be killed (I'm pretty sure Bjorn and Ivar will survive, since both Bjorn Ironside and Ivar the Boneless were the sons of Ragnar Lothbrok in real life - or at least in the Ragnars Lothbrokar Saga which chronicles Ragnar's life, though I think there is uncertainty as to how much of that is history and how much is legend), maybe Ubbe and Hvitserk, though I'm thinking and hoping that they'll live (it would probably be quite controversial and distasteful to much of the audience to show children characters being killed - although Earl Haraldson did have a kid killed in the first season).

In any case if I remember correctly a few episodes back Ragnar peeked through a crack in the wall and spotted Siggy talking to Horik about how Floki is dissatisfied with Ragnar (plus in last week's episode when Floki says that Ragnar shouldn't trust Athelstan, Ragnar makes a remark back at Floki questioning whether Floki is trustworthy). So Ragnar is aware of the plot against him.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 whipassmt

@jasean79 said:

That show any good? They have it on Prime to watch, but I wasn't sure if it was worth my time. Is it similar to Game of Thrones?

I like it. The seasons are pretty short though, only about 3 months - this year it was from Feb 27th to May 1 - last year it was from March 1 to sometime in May with one episode each week. I think History Channel shows tend to have short seasons (like that show about Ginseng).

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By bowchicka07

@jasean79 said:

Yeah it's actually good. Some decent fight scenes and overall a great plot. The dialogue isn't always top notch and some of the cast is a little boring but the good ones make up for it.

Not like GoT. Not near as many characters and not as graphic although they did have a crucifixion and a blood eagle in the same season.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SaintLeonidas

Glad Floki's plot line went the way it did. Also, Lagertha is such a badass. Good finale overall. Glad History renewed it.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

no, I was hoping for a documentary series about Vikings, then I realized it was a TV show and had no interest

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

I never watch it .... even the trailer .... is that base on real event??

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SaintLeonidas

@thegerg said:

No. I don't like the show, I've never watched it.

Joke? Or do you always base your opinions on things you've never actually done/seen?

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SaintLeonidas

@hippiesanta said:

I never watch it .... even the trailer .... is that base on real event??

Somewhat. The names of many of the characters are based on real individuals. The story VERY broadly follows history, but it is mostly fiction. Either way, it is probably the most "accurate" depictions of Vikings on screen.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SaintLeonidas

@thegerg said:

@SaintLeonidas: It's not a joke. I don't like shows that I've never seen.

Do you like things that you've never seen or done?

I don't judge things I haven't seen or done. That is like saying you don't like your future children because you've never seen them. It is, really, just totally moronic.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SaintLeonidas

@thegerg said:

@SaintLeonidas: So do you like things that you've never seen or done?

"I don't judge things I haven't seen or done"

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

@SaintLeonidas said:

@thegerg said:

"I don't judge things I haven't seen or done"

I think he has Asberger.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 themajormayor

@thegerg said:

Why are you asking such a stupid question?

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By themajormayor

@thegerg said:

@SaintLeonidas: I'm not sure why this is so hard for you to understand.

I have never seen that show.

Because it have never seen it, I can not make a reasonable assessment as to whether I like it.

Because I have not had an opportunity to make the determination that I like that show, I do not like the show.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SaintLeonidas

@thegerg said:

@SaintLeonidas: If you don't judge things you have not seen or done, then you do not like things you have not seen or done.

I don't judge things I have not seen or done either.

Have you not heard of indifference, disinterest...being impartial? Not liking something is judging it. As is liking something. Your logic is "it isn't white so it must be black".

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By SaintLeonidas

@thegerg said:

@SaintLeonidas: No, not liking something is not the same as judging it.

For example, do you like TV shows that you have not watched?

If the answer to that question is not "yes" then you do not like TV shows that you have not watched.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 themajormayor

@thegerg said:

@SaintLeonidas: No, not liking something is not the same as judging it.

For example, do you like TV shows that you have not watched?

If the answer to that question is not "yes" then you do not like TV shows that you have not watched.

That's not how colloquial English works kiddo.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By SaintLeonidas

@thegerg said:

@SaintLeonidas: You didn't answer the question. Do you like TV shows you have never seen?

I have not come to the conclusion that I like a show in have not seen. Why do you find that so strange?

DavesAlt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By DavesAlt
Member since 2012 • 950 Posts

@SaintLeonidas: I had this very same conversation with thegerg the other day. Best to let it be

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/offtopic-discussion-314159273/what-do-you-think-about-the-cancellation-of-feedba-31227067/?page=1

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 themajormayor

@thegerg said:

@SaintLeonidas: "Your logic is "it isn't white so it must be black""

No. My logic is "it isn't black so it isn't black."

If I have not determined that I like a show, then I do not like that show.

Can you provide any proof that that logic actually is your property?

DavesAlt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By DavesAlt

@thegerg: you don't know how people communicate or how to communicate like a normal person. Please understand that normal society views saying they don't like something as passing judgement on it.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SaintLeonidas

He isn't even responding to things in order now. I think he is confused.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 themajormayor

@SaintLeonidas said:

He isn't even responding to things in order now. I think he is confused.

Very confused even.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By themajormayor

@DavesAlt said:

@thegerg: you don't know how people communicate or how to communicate like a normal person.

Mhm. I think he should hire an English tutor

DavesAlt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DavesAlt

Lol, now thegerg is just flailing about into nonsense

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By themajormayor

@thegerg said:

The simple fact is that I have not seen the show, so I do not like it. I don't see why so many people whine and bitch so much just because I do not like a show.

People are fed up with your poor trolling.

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By bowchicka07

@thegerg: After reading all this and I'm mad at myself for ever taking any time with an argument involving you. I'm already mad at myself now but I digress.

If you never watched it then no one cares whether you like it or don't because you have no basis of an educated opinion about the show.

My six year old nephew tells me he doesn't like sour cream but has never tasted it so how the hell would he know if he even likes it or not? Maybe you would get along with kids?

How the hell would you even know if you like the show or not? Maybe adding why you think you wouldn't like the show would make seem way less oblivious to this thread's entire subject matter.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SaintLeonidas

@Motokid6 said:

Loved the finale. Though it was kinda predictable. So..I take it Ragnars king now?

The only thing I hated was the 1988 guitar they added into the theme at the end.

Also .. someone needs to tell me where that Niel Tyson gif is from. I need to hear him say that so I can laugh my ass off.

End of the video.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By themajormayor

@thegerg said:
@bowchicka07 said:

@thegerg: After reading all this and I'm mad at myself for ever taking any time with an argument involving you. I'm already mad at myself now but I digress.

If you never watched it then no one cares whether you like it or don't because you have no basis of an educated opinion about the show.

My six year old nephew tells me he doesn't like sour cream but has never tasted it so how the hell would he know if he even likes it or not? Maybe you would get along with kids?

How the hell would you even know if you like the show or not? Maybe adding why you think you wouldn't like the show would make seem way less oblivious to this thread's entire subject matter.

"If you never watched it then no one cares whether you like it or don't"

This is clearly untrue. Have you been following the thread?

No, it's true.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

I feel bad for thegerg

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

@thegerg: I already explained to you that normal people don't use the phrase "i don't like the show" as a way to express that they haven't seen it and therefore they do not have positive feelings about it.

When you use that phrase, normal society will take it as meaning that you have formed an opinion and that you are saying that you basically dislike the show. Please understand that normal people won't consider saying that you don't like something as meaning that you simply haven't seen it and therefore can't like it.

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 whipassmt

@bowchicka07 said:

@SaintLeonidas said:

Looks like you guys were right. Now the question is, where Siggy and Floki pretending to work with Horik on Ragnar's behalf all along, or where they really genuinely working with him (Siggy out of a desire for power/influence, Floki out of some grievance toward Ragnar) but when they realized what Horik wanted them to do they couldn't do it (Floki couldn't bring himself to harm Bjorn, and Siggy could not kill the children)? If I remember correctly Siggy took the children to safety around the time Athelstan reached the line "lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil" when he was teaching Ragnar the Our Father, so perhaps Siggy was really plotting with Horik and was tempted to go along with it but she resisted the temptation and did the right thing by saving Ragnar's kids instead of killing them.

What do you guys think will happen to Erlendur? I don't think he'll be killed.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SaintLeonidas

@whipassmt said:

@bowchicka07 said:

@SaintLeonidas said:

Looks like you guys were right. Now the question is, where Siggy and Floki pretending to work with Horik on Ragnar's behalf all along, or where they really genuinely working with him (Siggy out of a desire for power/influence, Floki out of some grievance toward Ragnar) but when they realized what Horik wanted them to do they couldn't do it (Floki couldn't bring himself to harm Bjorn, and Siggy could not kill the children)? If I remember correctly Siggy took the children to safety around the time Athelstan reached the line "lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil" when he was teaching Ragnar the Our Father, so perhaps Siggy was really plotting with Horik and was tempted to go along with it but she resisted the temptation and did the right thing by saving Ragnar's kids instead of killing them.

What do you guys think will happen to Erlendur? I don't think he'll be killed.

I want to say Floki was working for Ragnar all along (just because, as I mentioned previously, I don't really understand why he would so suddenly switched sides after being so loyal to Ragnar, I mean yeah he hates Athelstan but he put up with him before and Athelstan wasn't even around when Floki had his "change of heart") but it is a good point. Even if he was against Ragnar I doubt Floki would want to kill Bjorn, and Horik wishing him dead might have swayed Floki back to Ragnar's side. As for Siggy...I don't trust her, and I think it probably goes back to your point again. Having lost her sons, and daughter, it might have been asking too much to kill Ragnar's children.

Personally, I hope Erlendur doesn't play much of a part in what happens going forward...mainly because the actor portraying him is terrible.

All I care about really is Rollo. Hated his character in the first season but he has become my favorite after Lagertha. Guy is a beast. If they are do a Game of Thrones prequel series, Clive Standen would HAVE to play a young Robert Baratheon.