United States not a Chrisitian Nation

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nisstyre_56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#51 Nisstyre_56
Member since 2006 • 2849 Posts
[QUOTE="cory4513"]The united states is not a chrisitian nation , Thomas jefferson, James madison, Abraham lincoln,Thomas Edison,Benjamin Franklin, George Washington,Ulysses S Grant, and George Washington were all atheist/Agnostic/anti religoion
UrbanSpartan125
American Presidents do not represent the whole of America, Yes America is a christian nation

No, It's not. There is no such thing as a "insert retarded religion or cult here" Nation. Just because the majority *may* happen to believe in some jibberish book, that doesn't mean the whole nation does
Carlos_Santana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Carlos_Santana
Member since 2006 • 4316 Posts
[QUOTE="Carlos_Santana"][QUOTE="Nisstyre_56"][QUOTE="Carlos_Santana"][QUOTE="nickmag"][QUOTE="jointed"]

[QUOTE="nickmag"]59% is religious.Nisstyre_56

damn is it really THAT bad?

yup. seems weird that the majority of one of the most advanced nations on earth still believe in adam and eve

edit: and the earth is 6000 years old

I hate how everyone who is an atheist, agnostic, etc. assumes that all Christians are fundamentalists. Not all Christians believe the earth is 6000 years old. Not all Christians believe in the Creationism story

Then why believe any of it? if you don't believe some parts of it?

I wasn't talking about myself. I was talking about other Christians.

I wasn't talking about you

sorry, then
quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 quiglythegreat
Member since 2006 • 16886 Posts
[QUOTE="cory4513"] if they are religious then they are not free thinkers. If you are not a free thinker you are not smart

That's not true at all. Free thinkers basically didn't exist before the Enlightenment. Are you saying people didn't have as much common sense (which is usually not facilitated or enhanced much by education) as they do now?
cory4513

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 cory4513
Member since 2006 • 1318 Posts
[QUOTE="quiglythegreat"][QUOTE="cory4513"] if they are religious then they are not free thinkers. If you are not a free thinker you are not smart

That's not true at all. Free thinkers basically didn't exist before the Enlightenment. Are you saying people didn't have as much common sense (which is usually not facilitated or enhanced much by education) as they do now?

I dont get it
gman56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 gman56
Member since 2004 • 6542 Posts

TheĀ  united states is not a chrisitian nation , Thomas jefferson, James madison, Abraham lincoln,Thomas Edison,Benjamin Franklin, George Washington,Ulysses S Grant, and George Washington were all atheist/Agnostic/anti religoion
cory4513
They were free masons.

They do believe in a Supreme Being just not the Christian one.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178848 Posts
This is not news.......we were founded on separation of church and state.
quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 quiglythegreat
Member since 2006 • 16886 Posts
[QUOTE="cory4513"][QUOTE="quiglythegreat"][QUOTE="cory4513"] if they are religious then they are not free thinkers. If you are not a free thinker you are not smart

I dont get it

Are you saying peasants of twelfth century Russia have less common sense (intelligence) than modern Russians do because modern Russians have more of a tendency to be free thinkers?
Stikke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Stikke
Member since 2003 • 4192 Posts
[QUOTE="Carlos_Santana"]Benjamin Franklin was not an atheist. You said George Washington twice. Thomas Jefferson was a rapist, that does not mean the U.S.A. is a rapist country. There really isn't any Fact on Washington's Religious beliefs. It's debated. Edison was most likely a Deist. It's never said that any of your list was plan atheistic. Second, you forgot some pretty good presidents. Theodore Roosevelt, FDR, and JFK.cory4513
Ben franklin: "Lighthouses are more helpful than churches." "In the affairs of the world, men are saved, not by faith, but by the want of it."

Franklin also said this.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to prosper."

Stikke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Stikke
Member since 2003 • 4192 Posts
The united states is not a chrisitian nation , Thomas jefferson, James madison, Abraham lincoln,Thomas Edison,Benjamin Franklin, George Washington,Ulysses S Grant, and George Washington were all atheist/Agnostic/anti religoion
cory4513

Can you prsent proof all these Presidents were Atheist?
Ryeferd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Ryeferd
Member since 2006 • 5198 Posts
:o it's not?!
quick! somebody tell the Bush administration!
DrummerJon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61 DrummerJon
Member since 2004 • 9668 Posts
duh it was founded by people who had just been **** slapped by the church of england. The last thing they wanted was to found a nation based on a religion.
NathanHawkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 NathanHawkins
Member since 2006 • 4470 Posts
this is really as simple as...is the US a christian nation based on law or ideology?Ā  law (disregarding influence), no.Ā  otherwise, there is little to debate based on the numbers and history, as well as current day.
caje47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 caje47
Member since 2005 • 2298 Posts
[QUOTE="cory4513"]The united states is not a chrisitian nation , Thomas jefferson, James madison, Abraham lincoln,Thomas Edison,Benjamin Franklin, George Washington,Ulysses S Grant, and George Washington were all atheist/Agnostic/anti religoion
woody998
It officially is a christian nation,

Not according to the Treaty of Tripolli.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 LJS9502_basic

Stikke

Here

DrummerJon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 DrummerJon
Stikke

They weren't atheists I dont think. They were all skeptics though, or at the very least not religious.
SonnyF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 SonnyF
Member since 2005 • 1645 Posts
The united states is not a chrisitian nation , Thomas jefferson, James madison, Abraham lincoln,Thomas Edison,Benjamin Franklin, George Washington,Ulysses S Grant, and George Washington were all atheist/Agnostic/anti religoion
cory4513

you said washington twice
yamum2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 yamum2
Member since 2007 • 5879 Posts
about 40 million americans r in church every sunday that twice the population of where i live
DrummerJon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 DrummerJon
about 40 million Americans r in church every Sunday that twice the population of where i liveyamum2
Sure thats right? with a 300 mill population and majority Christian...that seems low. But just because theres more good Christians in US than there are in Australia doesn't make it a "Christian nation"
TrueReligion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 TrueReligion_
Member since 2006 • 11037 Posts
You are incorrect, most of those men were Deists. Abraham Lincoln was a great Christian man.
yermomsboxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 yermomsboxx
Member since 2005 • 6348 Posts
The United States is not a Christian nation in the same way that Creed was not a Christian band.
SunofVich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 SunofVich
Member since 2004 • 4665 Posts
Preacher to me - "A dollar for the Lord."
Me to preacher - "No, I'll give to him when I see him" - Edward Abbey
sentencedogu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 sentencedogu
Member since 2006 • 3823 Posts
well yes if the government is secular
BadAndy642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 BadAndy642
Member since 2006 • 1069 Posts
Politically the United States doesn't not have an official religion, just like it does not have an official language.Ā  But the majority of the population are Christians, just like the majority of the population speaks English.Ā  We are known as an English speaking language, right.Ā  So technically the US is a Christian faith nation as well.Ā  If you don't like it, toughĀ  But some of the atheists in the OT need to get off their high horses on how they are better than everyone else that believes in religion.Ā  We are all justĀ dust in the end no matter what you believe.
Nisstyre_56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#74 Nisstyre_56
Member since 2006 • 2849 Posts
You are incorrect, most of those men were Deists. Abraham Lincoln was a great Christian man.
TrueReligion_
I'd rather Judge Lincoln (or anyone) for what they did , not where they went every sunday
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 LJS9502_basic

TheĀ  united states is not a chrisitian nation , Thomas jefferson, James madison, Abraham lincoln,Thomas Edison,Benjamin Franklin, George Washington,Ulysses S Grant, and George Washington were all atheist/Agnostic/anti religoion
cory4513

You might want to do more studying.....

Ps: I still hate you LJ cory4513

:lol:Ā  Such strong feelings....