Trump Supporters Oscars

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Orayus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 0

#1 Orayus
Member since 2002 • 565 Posts

Do you think Trump supporters are watching the Oscars? LOL

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I really don't care for celebrities.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

@Gaming-Planet said:

I really don't care for celebrities.

No and I don't care for Trump supporters either so.........

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mark1974
Member since 2015 • 4261 Posts

Trump supporters are very limited to the movies, music or other artforms they can enjoy these days. There is almost total opposition to him in the entertainment industry and for good reason.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44169 Posts

I read the title as "Trump supports Oscars".

Avatar image for deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
deactivated-5901ac91d8e33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
Member since 2004 • 17092 Posts

Right wingers in America have experienced this climate for decades. It's nothing new and partly why Trump won the election with big margins.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

Trump does not support the arts, so I do not see why his supporters would.

Though you could argue he does a bit since all he does is watch TV (though that has not been art for decades).

With that said, what's with the assumption only Trump supporters hate the Oscars? Screw that noise.

Jak42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jak42
Member since 2016 • 1093 Posts

What did anyone honestly missed by not watching the Oscars ? A bunch of people still salty about Clinton losing. And not getting their way in the world of politics.

Long before these award shows became more politicized and social justice leaning. It was always a circle of dissatisfaction when X actor/actress or movie didn't win. Nettling about these matters always seem insignificant to me. And I honestly had a much nicer, productive, and satisfying time sleeping after a tiring week during the Oscars. Which I didn't even know was airing today. Than I would have watching it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

I missed the Oscar's? well sticks.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

@Orayus: Not a Trump supporter, but who cares about the Oscars?

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#11 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

I tend to not watch circlejerks. Despite there being a payoff of sorts, it's a foolish exercise in my view.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12  Edited By AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

I've lost any interest in the awards, they are way too political. This year is a perfect example of that. Last year African-Americans complained of being under-represented, so this year was an attempt to make up for that. Hate to say it, but it's true. It needs more objectivity and less pandering.

I'm not a Trump fan by any means, but they need to keep that crap out and stand by the President at this point. People can protest outside the awards. But even protesting at this point has gotten old, get over it, I did.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Definitely not worth seeing the whole thing, but that clip of the Iranian film director condemning America for its policies is definitely worth seeing.

Loading Video...

It's like a circus! Really though. These people are unashamedly some of the dumbest on earth.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

Limousine Liberals are as bad as the richy conservatives.. Completely detached from reality while preaching shit that doesn't affect them in the least one way or the other. Take the problem with illegal aliens, they don't have to deal with that inless they are paying them low wages to do their landscaping.. They live in ultra rich gated in communities, communities that are expanding with the gentrification of numerous areas. I find it hilarious that the left are listening to these jackasses currently when Romney was basically ostracized for being just that, a out of touch rich person not having to deal with any of the problems faced by most Americans.

Loading Video...

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

My feed on Facebook is already flooded with enough political crap, with my dad posting the latest anti-Trump memes that were on Occupy Democrats daily and several of my buddies I met in the Army posting their pro-Trump, lock her up posts. Sometimes, I like to take a break from the crap.

Yet, every single award show that came on since the President was elected has turned into lectures on why I need to be "with her," why everything "is not okay," and why I need to get on the impeach Trump bandwagon. It is the reason I don't even want to watch it anymore.

It doesn't just piss off Trump supporters, it also pisses off Trump haters that aren't down for a liberal circle-jerk when they just want to enjoy the show and see celebrities wear dresses that cost more than their house, car, and college tuition put together.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

Keep politics out of my OT

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LJS9502_basic

@AFBrat77 said:

I'm not a Trump fan by any means, but they need to keep that crap out and stand by the President at this point. People can protest outside the awards. But even protesting at this point has gotten old, get over it, I did.

Whether or not anyone should use an award show as a platform...why must ANYONE stand by presidents they disagree with. Getting over it is dangerous. That's how freedoms are lost. I'm not saying that is going to happen in this case....but one should always be vigilant.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@AFBrat77 said:

Whether or not anyone should use an award show as a platform...why must ANYONE stand by presidents they disagree with. Getting over it is dangerous. That's how freedoms are lost. I'm not saying that is going to happen in this case....but one should always be vigilant.

It's called growing up.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LJS9502_basic

@n64dd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@AFBrat77 said:

It's called growing up.

That's helped so many cultures in the past.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@mark1974 said:

Trump supporters are very limited to the movies, music or other artforms they can enjoy these days. There is almost total opposition to him in the entertainment industry and for good reason.

I'm a Trump supporter and I think Robert Downey Jr is a good actor and Bruce Springsteen is a good singer. On the contrary I think Scott Baio sucks. I'm pretty sure a lot of people don't care who celebrities support in politics. We just want to be entertained.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

I read the title as "Trump supports Oscars".

lol

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@jointed said:

Right wingers in America have experienced this climate for decades. It's nothing new and partly why Trump won the election with big margins.

The overall fixation Democrats have with celebrities is one such reason. The party resorts to vote grabbing (or the attempt) by using celebs to tell everyday people how they should feel on issues, for whom they should vote, etc.., and people were fed up with the "righteous" thinking they were some sort of expert on all things. The award shows are nothing but a few hours of propping up egos of, IMO, people completely undeserving.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 mark1974

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@mark1974 said:

I'm a Trump supporter and I think Robert Downey Jr is a good actor and Bruce Springsteen is a good singer. On the contrary I think Scott Baio sucks. I'm pretty sure a lot of people don't care who celebrities support in politics. We just want to be entertained.

Yeah, I'm sure that's true for most people, they just want to be entertained. But I've often wondered if it bothered people that most of the performers they like have serious problems with their ideology and often outright disdain. It seems to me like it would be a little weird. But I guess there must be a few conservative entertainers that I like. Mostly people from the old days I would guess. I think Frank Sinatra might have been conservative, hard to say because he switched sides later in life. James Brown supported Nixon which has always been hard for me to take. I'm not sure the conservatism of old is quite like our modern version though. I think nostalgia helps me with some of that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Trump's supporters in rural America and the flyover states probably don't even know what the Oscars is nor do they have internet or TV to watch anyway.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

@perfect_blue said:

Trump's supporters in rural America and the flyover states probably don't even know what the Oscars is nor do they have internet or TV to watch anyway.

And you know this how?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

@KHAndAnime said:

Definitely not worth seeing the whole thing, but that clip of the Iranian film director condemning America for its policies is definitely worth seeing.

Loading Video...

It's like a circus! Really though. These people are unashamedly some of the dumbest on earth.

Kind of ironic hearing an Iranian, who probably left that shithole because of it being a theocracy, comes to a secular republic to tell it's citizens how bad their civil rights and society are.

However, it argues against your point to post a video of Mark Dice, a goddamn psycho who is mean spirited, hateful, spreads misinformation and conspiracy theories, and cannot be moved to cite any credible sources, ever. Granted, one does not need sources to destroy terrible, unintelligible propositions.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

@perfect_blue said:

This is the exact type of dismissive bullshit that got the Democrats to lose this election so bad. "What do we care about the flyover states?" leads to Republicans taking seats at every level of government, and making a system in which they cannot lose.

I come from a logging town in Washington State, and when I was growing up, I hated rednecks, until I had to sit next to one in history. I thought he was an idiot, reading these books like The Brothers Karamazov, A tale of Two Cities, 1984, The Iliad and The Odyssey.

As it turns out, when you dont marginalize other people in the manner you clearly did, not only might they surprise you, but you wont have to waste your time displaying your own ignorance in such an asshole manner.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Sure. The Trump supporters what make up half of our country are probably a very diverse bunch - just like the other half.

Jak42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Jak42
Member since 2016 • 1093 Posts

Apparently this years Oscars, had the lowest ratings since 2008. Including a 13% viewer drop for the 18-49 age group. In comparison to last year.

So I suppose the political chatter, didn't do the Oscars any favors.

http://deadline.com/2017/02/oscars-ratings-2017-down-best-picture-mistake-jimmy-kimmel-abc-1202009034/

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@WhiteKnight77 said:
@perfect_blue said:

And you know this how?

He doesn't, he lives in Toronto

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

@hillelslovak said:
@perfect_blue said:

This is the exact type of dismissive bullshit that got the Democrats to lose this election so bad. "What do we care about the flyover states?" leads to Republicans taking seats at every level of government, and making a system in which they cannot lose.

I come from a logging town in Washington State, and when I was growing up, I hated rednecks, until I had to sit next to one in history. I thought he was an idiot, reading these books like The Brothers Karamazov, A tale of Two Cities, 1984, The Iliad and The Odyssey.

As it turns out, when you dont marginalize other people in the manner you clearly did, not only might they surprise you, but you wont have to waste your time displaying your own ignorance in such an asshole manner.

While what you're saying is absolutely true, you posted this in response to a post that was (intended to be an obvious) joke reply to a joke thread. I do not believe that previous post and I apologize if it was construed as a serious reply.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32  Edited By FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@perfect_blue said:
@hillelslovak said:
@perfect_blue said:

While what you're saying is absolutely true, you posted this in response to a post that was (intended to be an obvious) joke reply to a joke thread. I do not believe that previous post and I apologize if it was construed as a serious reply.

It's obvious that you're quite bad at making jokes. It's also another reason why GS needs to bring back Emoticons

binpink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 binpink
Member since 2009 • 9163 Posts

From what I've seen in various places online, plenty of Trump supporters proudly announced they didn't watch the Oscars but still talked about it and commented on it and so on. One nutty person in particular said they prayed the Oscars would get low ratings. I can't even. You can't complain about whiny, out of touch millionaires after electing the whiniest and most out of touch millionaire to be president. That said, it'd be nice if we could have a politics free evening once in a while.

wii60_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 wii60_3
Member since 2007 • 2017 Posts

I'm an indian male and am tired of Liberals saying all trump supporters are racist/misogynist white men.

they have no idea how to debate a woman/minority/gay trump supporter voted him because they care more than just about trans washrooms and tax payer abortion

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3863 Posts

@perfect_blue said:

Based on your comment the Russians had no effect on the outcome of the election since Hillary got the popular vote on the coasts.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#36 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58960 Posts

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/political-gamers-909409192/

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#37 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

@hillelslovak said:
@perfect_blue said:

Which one? I was raised in PA.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@binpink said:

From what I've seen in various places online, plenty of Trump supporters proudly announced they didn't watch the Oscars but still talked about it and commented on it and so on. One nutty person in particular said they prayed the Oscars would get low ratings. I can't even. You can't complain about whiny, out of touch millionaires after electing the whiniest and most out of touch millionaire to be president. That said, it'd be nice if we could have a politics free evening once in a while.

Why ignore the obvious though? Trump is now a politician. He might have been a reality star or just another businessman but he actually walked the walked by running for and winning the office of president. The "celebrities" are just people being paid for playing dress-up and make-believe yet acting as if they are some sort of omnipotent when it comes to any issue. Apparently nothing is off limits when it comes to politics these days.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 mark1974

@perfect_blue said:
@hillelslovak said:
@perfect_blue said:

It was obvious to me it was a joke.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 mark1974

@wii60_3 said:

I'm an indian male and am tired of Liberals saying all trump supporters are racist/misogynist white men.

they have no idea how to debate a woman/minority/gay trump supporter voted him because they care more than just about trans washrooms and tax payer abortion

Statistics show that one out of three Trump supporters are just as stupid as the other two.

binpink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 binpink
Member since 2009 • 9163 Posts
@Solaryellow said:

Why ignore the obvious though? Trump is now a politician. He might have been a reality star or just another businessman but he actually walked the walked by running for and winning the office of president. The "celebrities" are just people being paid for playing dress-up and make-believe yet acting as if they are some sort of omnipotent when it comes to any issue. Apparently nothing is off limits when it comes to politics these days.

That's exactly how I see Donald Trump though. As a celebrity acting like he has all the answers to real life problems that he's never once faced. I give him no credit for running for president. His ego is out of control. His business experience does not make him capable of leading a nation. Just like being an actor doesn't make you a capable leader. So between the hollywood celebrities and him, neither has all the answers or is qualified to lead the country and care of millions of people. The hollywood celebrities might be outspoken but none of them are running for president, thank heavens, because they are all aware they're unqualified. Trump actually believes he's qualified and that's scary.

wii60_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 wii60_3

@mark1974 said:
@wii60_3 said:

Statistics show that one out of three Trump supporters are just as stupid as the other two.

Obviously there are a lot of stupid right wingers are there are stupid left wingers. But more often than not the left wingers fail to uphold the true virtues of liberalism and freedom of expression and are just the PC police.

Again resorting to assign a label rather than provide any sort of counter argument is typical of the left, as your inferring that i'm stupid but yet i'm in the field of medical and electrical engineering.

People who actually work hard to build their fortune are tired of virtue signalers telling them whats right and wrong as if that is not innate within us, or people who rely on welfare to get by. You can't just say everyone who voted against Hilary is a racist moron and then act as if you're superior.

Avatar image for RedEyedMonster8
RedEyedMonster8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 RedEyedMonster8
Member since 2007 • 1348 Posts

@mark1974 said:
@perfect_blue said:
@hillelslovak said:
@perfect_blue said:

Sarcasm doesn't really translate too well over the internet.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

@mark1974 said:
@perfect_blue said:
@hillelslovak said:
@perfect_blue said:

If I did not hear that sentiment from so many people on the left, in all seriousness, it would be funny to me....

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

Trump fans pretend to hate anything hollywood, yet watch their tv and movies in a daily basis.

Then again these are the same people who deny science and facts, so you can't expect much logic from them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

@plageus900 said:
@hillelslovak said:
@perfect_blue said:

Which one? I was raised in PA.

Hoquiam, in Grays Har- I mean Hoquiam, in Grays Harbor, Home of Kurt Cobain, Come as You Are. haha.

I still have an aunt and uncle in PA.

wii60_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By wii60_3

@zaryia said:

Trump fans pretend to hate anything hollywood, yet watch their tv and movies in a daily basis.

Then again these are the same people who deny science and facts, so you can't expect much logic from them.

What facts are you speaking of exactly? Please tell me

Stop generalizing that all people who voted Trump over Hilary deny science or are religious nuts. If you want to see idiotic protection off religion look to the left wing and the islam apologists. Religion divides us

I'm canadian anyways so Trudeau and liberals are in power and the jurys still out on them

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

The Oscars are just another industry award show where insiders vote for people they know and work with usually. I wouldn't necessarily take much of their choices to heart.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@wii60_3 said:
@zaryia said:

What facts are you speaking of exactly? Please tell me

Stop generalizing that all people who voted Trump over Hilary deny science or are religious nuts. If you want to see idiotic protection off religion look to the left wing and the islam apologists. Religion divides us

I'm canadian anyways so Trudeau and liberals are in power and the jurys still out on them

Didn't mean all, obviously the hard right morons like just about every Brietbart/Fox comment section poster who trash Hollywood yet in other posts accurately describe recent Hollywood blockbusters. Same idiots who denied evolution and now climate change.

Both liberals and conservatives have a sizable amount of idiots.