Transformers 2 controversy

• 105 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hedden93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 hedden93
Member since 2009 • 5496 Posts

Thoughts?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090625/ap_en_mo/us_film_transformers_jar_jar_again

Kikouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 Kikouken
Member since 2006 • 15913 Posts
Already? That was fast
TheZ3nMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 TheZ3nMan
Member since 2007 • 2658 Posts
Everyone in that movie was a Jar Jar.
elblanquito_81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 elblanquito_81
Member since 2007 • 4356 Posts

Some people just have a tendency to find controversy in anything. Almost like they want to find something, no matter how ridiculous. This is one of those times, I think.

cu_be_cie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 cu_be_cie
Member since 2009 • 1173 Posts

The robots are black.

McJugga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 McJugga
Member since 2007 • 9453 Posts

You'll find racism anywhere if you look hard enough.

Darth-Caedus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Darth-Caedus
Member since 2008 • 20756 Posts
My thoughts? People are rediculoulsy over sensitive..
D3nnyCrane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 D3nnyCrane
Member since 2007 • 12058 Posts
Holy crap that's as racist as killing native characters in RE5! Before you get on your high horse, I mean that it's not racist. In the slightest. As ever, some people feel the need to force their 15 seconds of fame, however ludicrously.
TecmoGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TecmoGirl
Member since 2007 • 3965 Posts

lol! Im not sure what to think personally. As one guy said though--they probably just read to much into the characters. I won't be surprised if this thread opens the opportunity for the "blacks are overreactors and hypocrites" people to try get a point across.

ps3wizard45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 ps3wizard45
Member since 2007 • 12907 Posts

Who cares really?

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Tjeremiah1988
Member since 2003 • 16665 Posts
well you have to admit that it is racist and they knew it would cause controversy. You have people talking slang, gold teeth, what the media and ignorant people call "acting black." They figured they can spin it somehow after the drama (didnt get news though) that the first Transformer that died in the first movie was black...
hockeyruler12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 hockeyruler12
Member since 2005 • 8114 Posts

The movie sucked. That's all I have to say

elblanquito_81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 elblanquito_81

well you have to admit that it is racist and they knew it would cause controversy. You have people talking slang, gold teeth, what the media and ignorant people call "acting black." They figured they can spin it somehow after the drama (didnt get news though) that the first Transformer that died in the first movie was black...Tjeremiah1988
I don't get it. The Transformer was...black?? How can you (or anyone else for that matter) tell? I didn't realize they had skin. Or that robots had ethnicities. :?

Treytone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Treytone
Member since 2008 • 158 Posts

atone point in the film,I could have swore one of those bots dropped the N bomb.

Lisaanne30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#15 Lisaanne30
Member since 2007 • 1472 Posts

McJugga
Agree , Just because they talk slang and like rap some one starts stuff . I mean come on there robots
Darth-Caedus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Darth-Caedus
Member since 2008 • 20756 Posts
well you have to admit that it is racist and they knew it would cause controversy. You have people talking slang, gold teeth, what the media and ignorant people call "acting black." They figured they can spin it somehow after the drama (didnt get news though) that the first Transformer that died in the first movie was black...Tjeremiah1988
ZOMFG, portraying characters acting in a way similar to the way that SOME black people out there act...teh racism...
Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Tjeremiah1988

[QUOTE="Tjeremiah1988"]well you have to admit that it is racist and they knew it would cause controversy. You have people talking slang, gold teeth, what the media and ignorant people call "acting black." They figured they can spin it somehow after the drama (didnt get news though) that the first Transformer that died in the first movie was black...elblanquito_81

I don't get it. The Transformer was...black?? How can you (or anyone else for that matter) tell? I didn't realize they had skin. Or that robots had ethnicities. :?

Some say he was black because the way he was protrayed, you know, how the media saids someone is "acting black." He was voiced by the dude who played Eddie in FamilyMatters.

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Tjeremiah1988
[QUOTE="Tjeremiah1988"]well you have to admit that it is racist and they knew it would cause controversy. You have people talking slang, gold teeth, what the media and ignorant people call "acting black." They figured they can spin it somehow after the drama (didnt get news though) that the first Transformer that died in the first movie was black...Darth-Caedus
ZOMFG, portraying characters acting in a way similar to the way that SOME black people out there act...teh racism...

look, to be truthful, I can careless how this will unfold. All im saying is to not be naive. This was intentional and they knew controversy was coming. It kinda reminds me of that M&M commercial where the brown M&M is the only one wearing a bandana with sunglasses and a gold chain :|. This is all I have to say.
Lisaanne30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#19 Lisaanne30
Member since 2007 • 1472 Posts
[QUOTE="Tjeremiah1988"]

[QUOTE="elblanquito_81"]

Some say he was black because the way he was protrayed, you know, how the media saids someone is "acting black." He was voiced by the dude who played Eddie in FamilyMatters.

What do they want all the robots to be the exact same , these robots are supose to be living creatures there gonna be differnt and like differnt music
IndigoSunrise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 IndigoSunrise
Member since 2009 • 1141 Posts

Admit it they WERE sterotypical. They even used the N word for crying out loud!

You cannot deny that their was some minor racial stereotyping in that film for comedic affect in regards to the two red and green robots.

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Tjeremiah1988

Admit it theyWERE sterotypical. They even used the N word for crying out loud!

You cannot deny that their was some minor racial stereotyping in that film for comedic affect in regards to the two red and green robots.

IndigoSunrise

Ive notice this, how Hollywood is someone trying to make the N word seem cool for the "majority" to say. The word is bad no matter if it ends in A or ER, just DONT say it! Me being from Brooklyn, yes I hear that word a lot, even my friends use it, but I seriously dislike that word. One that got me face palming was in "Mean Girls" when those two Asians were fighting, one called the other a N :| I had to rewind a bit to see if they actually said it, put the text on, and yup, it was said.

zakkro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 zakkro
Member since 2004 • 48823 Posts

McJugga
That's exactly something I'd suspect a racist to say! :x jk :P
elblanquito_81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 elblanquito_81

[QUOTE="elblanquito_81"]

[QUOTE="Tjeremiah1988"]well you have to admit that it is racist and they knew it would cause controversy. You have people talking slang, gold teeth, what the media and ignorant people call "acting black." They figured they can spin it somehow after the drama (didnt get news though) that the first Transformer that died in the first movie was black...Tjeremiah1988

I don't know, as I watched the movie I didn't see any kind of racist portrayal. Just because the guy who voiced him is black, doesn't mean the robot is also meant to be black because.....they're robots. If people thought they saw something along the lines of "acting black", then blame the guy who voiced him. Which would seem kind of ridiculous considering, don't you think?? Really, it's just people making something out of nothing. If Bay wanted to make a stereotypical black character, why didn't he do it with Tyrese's character? Or Anthony Anderson's?? They sure as hell didn't come across as "acting black".

FamiBox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 FamiBox
Member since 2007 • 5481 Posts

They even used the N word for crying out loud!

IndigoSunrise

(facepalm.) ohhhh how "cool." :roll:

No wonder that's all you here kids scream over XBOXlive. :x

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Tjeremiah1988

[QUOTE="Tjeremiah1988"]

[QUOTE="elblanquito_81"]I don't get it. The Transformer was...black?? How can you (or anyone else for that matter) tell? I didn't realize they had skin. Or that robots had ethnicities. :?

elblanquito_81

I don't know, as I watched the movie I didn't see any kind of racist portrayal. Just because the guy who voiced him is black, doesn't mean the robot is also meant to be black because.....they're robots. If people thought they saw something along the lines of "acting black", then blame the guy who voiced him. Which would seem kind of ridiculous considering, don't you think?? Really, it's just people making something out of nothing. If Bay wanted to make a stereotypical black character, why didn't he do it with Tyrese's character? Or Anthony Anderson's?? They sure as hell didn't come across as "acting black".

I dont remember everything but this is only addressed to the first Transformers where the character started to talk in slang/street and started to dance with hip-hop in bg and was the first to die. I think thats why many felt that way, it was little, and didnt make any news headlines as this one has. Thats all.
Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Tjeremiah1988

[QUOTE="IndigoSunrise"]

They even used the N word for crying out loud!

FamiBox

(facepalm.) ohhhh how "cool." :roll:

No wonder that's all you here kids scream over XBOXlive. :x

Xbox LIVE *smh* Sometimes when I enter a room and open my mouth, I get called a stupid N and booted off. I remember the early days I use to argue with the racist idiots on LIVE (latter fount that to be pointless), they would always say im "acting black." :roll:
vidplayer8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 vidplayer8
Member since 2006 • 18549 Posts

[QUOTE="elblanquito_81"]

[QUOTE="Tjeremiah1988"] Some say he was black because the way he was protrayed, you know, how the media saids someone is "acting black." He was voiced by the dude who played Eddie in FamilyMatters.

Tjeremiah1988

I dont remember everything but this is only addressed to the first Transformers where the character started to talk in slang/street and started to dance with hip-hop in bg and was the first to die. I think thats why many felt that way, it was little, and didnt make any news headlines as this one has. Thats all.

didn't Jazz get fixed?

or did he really die?

trix5817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 trix5817
Member since 2004 • 12252 Posts

[QUOTE="elblanquito_81"]

[QUOTE="Tjeremiah1988"] Some say he was black because the way he was protrayed, you know, how the media saids someone is "acting black." He was voiced by the dude who played Eddie in FamilyMatters.

Tjeremiah1988

So if a "white" robot was the first to die it would be fine?

Do people even know what racist means? Stereotyping doesn't mean you're "racist".

Yes people, I'm sure Michael Bay thinks that white people are inherently superior to black people...GIVE ME A BREAK.

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Tjeremiah1988

[QUOTE="Tjeremiah1988"][QUOTE="elblanquito_81"]I don't know, as I watched the movie I didn't see any kind of racist portrayal. Just because the guy who voiced him is black, doesn't mean the robot is also meant to be black because.....they're robots. If people thought they saw something along the lines of "acting black", then blame the guy who voiced him. Which would seem kind of ridiculous considering, don't you think?? Really, it's just people making something out of nothing. If Bay wanted to make a stereotypical black character, why didn't he do it with Tyrese's character? Or Anthony Anderson's?? They sure as hell didn't come across as "acting black".

trix5817

So if a "white" robot was the first to die it would be fine?

Do people even know what racist means? Stereotyping doesn't mean you're "racist".

Yes people, I'm sure Michael Bay thinks that white people are inherently superior to black people...GIVE ME A BREAK.

complain to them, im just guessing as to why many felt that way. I dont agree.
Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Tjeremiah1988

[QUOTE="Tjeremiah1988"][QUOTE="elblanquito_81"]I don't know, as I watched the movie I didn't see any kind of racist portrayal. Just because the guy who voiced him is black, doesn't mean the robot is also meant to be black because.....they're robots. If people thought they saw something along the lines of "acting black", then blame the guy who voiced him. Which would seem kind of ridiculous considering, don't you think?? Really, it's just people making something out of nothing. If Bay wanted to make a stereotypical black character, why didn't he do it with Tyrese's character? Or Anthony Anderson's?? They sure as hell didn't come across as "acting black".

vidplayer8

didn't Jazz get fixed?

or did he really die?

I dont remember, only seen it once n that was in 07.
Hungry_Jello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Hungry_Jello
Member since 2008 • 3024 Posts

Why didnt anyone complain about Jaz being a stereotype in the first film? Hell he was the only autobot that died. Those two robots are kickass but the gold tooth was a bit too much.

Avatar image for ChrisSpartan117
ChrisSpartan117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ChrisSpartan117
Member since 2008 • 4519 Posts

Racism? I thought the controversey was going to be about how one of the robots has balls.

xfactor19990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 xfactor19990
Member since 2004 • 10917 Posts
wow its not racist, and on a side note, good movie lol
LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 LikeHaterade
Member since 2007 • 10645 Posts

Some say he was black because the way he was protrayed, you know, how the media saids someone is "acting black." Tjeremiah1988

I don't know what you're talking about. He was acting like this guy.

Kevin Federline

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#35 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41577 Posts

Oh my god! WTF!? I just got out of that theater watching it, and it wasn't as awesome as the first, but it was still awesome. And those two robots aren't even main characters of this generation. Now if it was Optimus saying that, there would be a problem.

muffincakes87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 muffincakes87
Member since 2008 • 3913 Posts

I didn't find it all the bad.

Hell I didn't really think of them as being black. Just because they have a funny voice and they bicker alot dosen't mean they're black. :?

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Tjeremiah1988

[QUOTE="Tjeremiah1988"]

Some say he was black because the way he was protrayed, you know, how the media saids someone is "acting black." LikeHaterade

I don't know what you're talking about. He was acting like this guy.

Kevin Federline

funny because one of the actors in TF2 said he was told that the alien robots learned about human culture through the Web and that the twins were "wannabe gangster types." :P

elblanquito_81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 elblanquito_81

[QUOTE="elblanquito_81"]

[QUOTE="Tjeremiah1988"]

Tjeremiah1988

I'm not directing this at you, I'm just making a general comment here: if people see a robot character that talks in slang, is the first to die, and assume it's because it's "black", then they have some serious issues.

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Tjeremiah1988

Hell I didn't really think of them as being black. Just because they have a funny voice and they bicker alot dosen't mean they're black. :?

muffincakes87
I havent seen it but I heard there was use of the N word and reading the article they talked in STREET slang and had GOLD teeth. Something the media likes to label as Black people doings.
-FlyLo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 -FlyLo-
Member since 2009 • 2833 Posts

The robots are black.

cu_be_cie
No, they're silver.
Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Tjeremiah1988

elblanquito_81

I'm not directing this at you, I'm just making a general comment here: if people see a robot character that talks in slang, is the first to die, and assume it's because it's "black", then they have some serious issues.

somewhat, but it wasnt just slang, it was street slang and they had gold grills :shock:. I mean, this is what ignorant people label black people to be like. Besides, the N word takes the cake.
LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 LikeHaterade
Member since 2007 • 10645 Posts

funny because one of the actors in TF2 said he was told that the alien robots learned about human culture through the Web and that the twins were "wannabe gangster types." :P

Tjeremiah1988

Whoa whoa whoa...You didn't know? K-fed is a gansta too...

Kevin

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 konvikt_17
Member since 2008 • 22378 Posts

vidplayer8

didn't Jazz get fixed?

or did he really die?

i think he really died. im almost certain that i didnt see him in Transformers 2.

in the first one optimus said "his death was in vain" or something like that, while optimus was holding both halves of jazz.

plus there was no ponitac solstice in the second movie so i think hes dead

Tjeremiah1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Tjeremiah1988

[QUOTE="vidplayer8"]

[QUOTE="Tjeremiah1988"] I dont remember everything but this is only addressed to the first Transformers where the character started to talk in slang/street and started to dance with hip-hop in bg and was the first to die. I think thats why many felt that way, it was little, and didnt make any news headlines as this one has. Thats all. konvikt_17

didn't Jazz get fixed?

or did he really die?

i think he really died. im almost certain that i didnt see him in Transformers 2.

in the first one optimus said "his death was in vain" or something like that, while optimus was holding both halves of jazz.

plus there was no ponitac solstice in the second movie so i think hes dead

so is the brand :lol:
konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 konvikt_17

atone point in the film,I could have swore one of those bots dropped the N bomb.

Treytone

nope the N-word was never used in the movie

freek666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 freek666
Member since 2007 • 22312 Posts

People still get iffy over things like these?

PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#47 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts

Those two idiot characters ruined the movie for me. I hated Jazz in the first movie and then they bring back his horrible personality with Mudflap and Skidz. Now I know what it must have felt like when adults saw Phantom Menace for the first time and saw the horror that was Jar Jar Binks.

muffincakes87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 muffincakes87
Member since 2008 • 3913 Posts

[QUOTE="muffincakes87"]

Tjeremiah1988

I havent seen it but I heard there was use of the N word and reading the article they talked in STREET slang and had GOLD teeth. Something the media likes to label as Black people doings.

The N word must of slipped by me cause I don't recall hearing it.

I remember gold teeth but only reason they showed it is because someone punched him. I thought gold teeth is because of car he was. When I saw the film I didn't picture being black. What I pictured them is two immature twin brothers who argued and bickered alot. I pictured that because that's how me and my brothers were. Didn't think they were that bad.

DarkGamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 DarkGamer007
Member since 2008 • 6033 Posts

[QUOTE="muffincakes87"]

Tjeremiah1988

Its ironic because that is racist in itself. :lol: :| Which is sad.

konvikt_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 konvikt_17

[QUOTE="Tjeremiah1988"][QUOTE="muffincakes87"]

muffincakes87

The N word must of slipped by me cause I don't recall hearing it.

I remember gold teeth but only reason they showed it is because someone punched him. I thought gold teeth is because of car he was. When I saw the film I didn't picture being black. What I pictured them is two immature twin brothers who argued and bickered alot. I pictured that because that's how me and my brothers were. Didn't think they were that bad.

yea same here.

i didnt hear the N-word at all.

and same with the twins. they just bickered and stuff cuz thats what twins do