**Tourist lure pigs to their death**

• 137 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Ariabed
Member since 2014 • 2121 Posts

I dont wanna make this about my opinion so i won't give one just yet. I'm more interested in your opinions.

link

What you guys think?

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

If the pig goes in out of him own volition then whatever, it got eaten. But luring it in? For your viewing pleasure? Some people I tell you.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#3 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
@Master_Live said:

If the pig goes in out of him own volition then whatever, it go eaten. But luring it in? For your viewing pleasure? Some people I tell you.

Drunk_PI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Drunk_PI
Member since 2014 • 3358 Posts

It's the circle of life: pig eats scraps, alligator eats pig, and man is entertained.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MlauTheDaft
Member since 2011 • 5189 Posts

This is one of those situations where intentions matter. I'm not going to cry salty tears over every dead animal, but luring it in specifically for entertainment, means you have sociopathic tendencies IMO.

If you can't treat animals properly, your basic empathy is broken.

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

@MlauTheDaft said:

This is one of those situations where intentions matter. I'm not going to cry salty tears over every dead animal, but luring it in specifically for entertainment, means you have sociopathic tendencies IMO.

Making alligators starve is treating them properly?

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 chaoscougar1

@N30F3N1X said:
@MlauTheDaft said:

lolwut
Are you saying these alligators are incapable of finding/acquiring food without the help of man?

hyksiu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 hyksiu
Member since 2010 • 2201 Posts

Well thats why they should return the Gladiator fights.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ariabed

@N30F3N1X said:
@MlauTheDaft said:

Are you trolling?

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MlauTheDaft

@N30F3N1X said:
@MlauTheDaft said:

I'm, saying it's like that asshole who lured a squirrel to the edge of a grand canyon cliff so he could kick it off. In other words, a **** who derives pleasure from the misery of other living beings.

PsychoLemons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PsychoLemons
Member since 2011 • 3183 Posts

=[

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

@chaoscougar1 said:
@N30F3N1X said:
@MlauTheDaft said:

lolwut

Are you saying these alligators are incapable of finding/acquiring food without the help of man?

I'm saying that's an incredibly stupid accusation of cruelty based on a pointless and purely graphic emphatic response.

Even if the pigs weren't lured into the water and weren't eaten then, the alligator would've eaten something else. Still alive, still moving, and still feeling pain. All the guy did was trying to catch it in the act and have something to show for it.

MlauTheDaft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MlauTheDaft

@N30F3N1X said:
@chaoscougar1 said:
@N30F3N1X said:
@MlauTheDaft said:

lolwut

I'm saying that's an incredibly stupid accusation of cruelty based on a pointless and purely graphic emphatic response.

Even if the pigs weren't lured into the water and weren't eaten then, the alligator would've eaten something else. Still alive, still moving, and still feeling pain. All the guy did was trying to catch it in the act and have something to show for it.

Which is exactly what I'm taking offense to.... He lured the pig out for a little real life gory entertainment.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By chaoscougar1

@N30F3N1X said:
@chaoscougar1 said:
@N30F3N1X said:
@MlauTheDaft said:

lolwut

Yeah
That's definitely one for the family scrapbook...

PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PcGamingRig
Member since 2009 • 7386 Posts

It might happen naturally but I don't agree with luring it to its death, that's cruel. The pig is probably more oblivious to predatory danger as well because the humans are very close to the water. They shouldn't be feeding them if they are wild either, it will just leave them more vulnerable when the humans leave. It will also make them more vulnerable to people like these arse holes who take advantage of them. But judging by the video, a thought like that wouldn't cross those peoples minds.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

Reminds me of how Disney decades ago made a documentary which included a bit about lemmings, and decided to reinforce the myth of lemming suicide by forcing them off the cliff but trying to make it look natural. Anyhow, there's nothing natural here. These people specifically intervened to kill an animal for their own amusement.

It's certainly a despicable act worthy of ridicule, and if illegal, I certainly hope they'd pursue charges.

If some animal rights nuts kidnapped him and fed him to alligators I most certainly wouldn't feel as bad for him as I did for that pig.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Avatar image for deactivated-585ea4b128526
deactivated-585ea4b128526

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By deactivated-585ea4b128526
Member since 2007 • 612 Posts

Years ago, don't know it it still there, but a YouTube user was keeping a largemouth bass as a pet. First he fed it with minnows, then gold fish, only the nut jobs bitched. Next video was a frog, more people called him out. The final video was a mouse, and holy hell broke loose. Point is, don't film footage of a mammals being eaten, the milenials grew up during a time when cheetahs tackling impalas was edited out of nature docs.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

out of the three animals involved the humans are by far the worst.

but with that being said i don't have much sympathy for any of the three.

the alligators have been around longer than we have and will be here after we are gone and are getting by just fine and there is little point in worrying about them.

,the feral pigs are a nuisance species created by mans incompetence and are an ecological disaster where ever you find them and the humans are just cementing their place as the most purposefully cruel, monstrous and dangerous animals that ever walked the planet.

if those people got charged with animal cruelty i would think it deserved but i doubt anyone that has feral pigs in their area are going to go after anyone for being dicks to them.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56095 Posts

Sometimes, the good little piggies has to suffer for the bad. That's just how the world works.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Ariabed

@thegerg said:

Pigs are a destructive invasive species there. It can be violent, but their numbers have to be reduced.

Humans are a destructive invasive species, we do much more harm to the planet than pigs. Does that mean we should be lured into horrible painful deaths, at least kill them humanely.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#23  Edited By vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts
@ariabed said:
@thegerg said:

Pigs are a destructive invasive species there. It can be violent, but their numbers have to be reduced.

Humans are a destructive invasive species, we do much more harm to the planet than pigs. Does that mean we should be lured out into horrible painful deaths. At least kill them humanely.

Rofl, you freaking treehuggers crack me up. Maybe if all the nutcases that think this way would stop having kids and jump off the nearest bridge you could really put your money where you mouth is and help the world out. I don't agree with animl cruelty, but this whole anti-human thing is ridiculous. I think people like you just like to think you have evolved beyond us savages. lol.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Ariabed

@vfibsux said:
@ariabed said:
@thegerg said:

Humans are a destructive invasive species, we do much more harm to the planet than pigs. Does that mean we should be lured out into horrible painful deaths. At least kill them humanely.

Rofl, you freaking treehuggers crack me up. Maybe if all the nutcases that think this way would stop having kids and jump off the nearest bridge you could really put your money where you mouth is and help the world out. I don't agree with animl cruelty, but this whole anti-human thing is ridiculous. I think people like you just like to think you have evolved beyond us savages. lol.

When you have finished rolling around the floor like a fucking deranged fuckwit, could you explain how i am being anti human?

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 vfibsux

@ariabed said:
@vfibsux said:
@ariabed said:
@thegerg said:

When you have finished rolling around the floor like a fucking deranged fuckwit, could you explain how i am being anti human?

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Ariabed

@vfibsux said:
@ariabed said:
@vfibsux said:
@ariabed said:
@thegerg said:

I'm not anti human at all, my wife is human, i have human friends. How am i anti human?

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#27 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

I could have sworn I replied to this. Oh well. I guess I'll take the least popular opinion and say there was nothing wrong with that they did. Predator kills prey all the time, and the tourists are out to see natural wildlife in action. They had an opportunity to see a predator in action, so they sped the process along. That alligator was already around the corner so it was hunting. It may or may not have captured that pig, but the tourists made sure it did and they got to see something very little people get to see in the wild. I wonder how many of you watch nature shows and actually cheer for the lions when they're chasing a gazelle? I also wonder what your thoughts are on people who keep snakes and tarantulas and piranhas and other animals that require live food. How many of you have actually gone hunting, shooting a deer and eating it. How many of you have killed an bug just because it annoyed you? Hell, how many of you have even worn a leather belt? We need to be careful about our outrage over things like this, because we're actually pretty damn cruel to animals without even knowing it. In my opinion, the only group of people that have a valid right to be outraged by this are vegans.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 vfibsux

@ariabed said:
@vfibsux said:
@ariabed said:
@vfibsux said:
@ariabed said:
@thegerg said:

I'm not anti human at all, my wife is human, i have human friends. How am i anti human?

You sound like "i have lots of black friends" guy.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Ariabed

@JustPlainLucas said:

I could have sworn I replied to this. Oh well. I guess I'll take the least popular opinion and say there was nothing wrong with that they did. Predator kills prey all the time, and the tourists are out to see natural wildlife in action. They had an opportunity to see a predator in action, so they sped the process along. That alligator was already around the corner so it was hunting. It may or may not have captured that pig, but the tourists made sure it did and they got to see something very little people get to see in the wild. I wonder how many of you watch nature shows and actually cheer for the lions when they're chasing a gazelle? I also wonder what your thoughts are on people who keep snakes and tarantulas and piranhas and other animals that require live food. How many of you have actually gone hunting, shooting a deer and eating it. How many of you have killed an bug just because it annoyed you? Hell, how many of you have even worn a leather belt? We need to be careful about our outrage over things like this, because we're actually pretty damn cruel to animals without even knowing it. In my opinion, the only group of people that have a valid right to be outraged by this are vegans.

Nothing wrong!? You don't find this even a little cruel?

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 JustPlainLucas

@ariabed said:
@JustPlainLucas said:

Nope. Like I said, the predator was already there. Now, if they took a pig out of the wild and kicked and punched it while they went around looking for a predator, that's a bit different.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Ariabed
@JustPlainLucas said:
@ariabed said:
@JustPlainLucas said:

Nope. Like I said, the predator was already there. Now, if they took a pig out of the wild and kicked and punched it while they went around looking for a predator, that's a bit different.

So if a weak little boy got lured into the path of bullies in the playground and got beat up for the viewing pleasures of others you would be ok with that because, "well he was bound to cross those bullies at some point" :P

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 JustPlainLucas

@ariabed said:

So if a weak little boy got lured into the path of bullies in the playground and got beat up for the viewing pleasures of others you would be ok with that because, "well he was bound to cross those bullies at some point" :P

Not the same. In bullying, there is nothing to be gained by watching a helpless kid being beaten up by other kids. Here, we have an alligator eating a pig which is nature happening in its most rawest of form. An animal was fed; an animal was culled. Nature balanced itself out and the tourists got an experience out of it where as you'd have to wait for BBC Earth three to five years to make a documentary to see the same thing. This is why I do not see it as cruelty. Nothing was wasted. Now, if they got out of the boat and beat the crap out of the pig, then yeah, sure, that's cruel.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14801 Posts

They were just speeding up nature. It's not like they kicked the pig in the water.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Ariabed

@JustPlainLucas: whats really to be gained by watching such a thing? We already know it happens in nature and we have seen it in various animal documentaries.

I do get where you are coming from but its not natural if humans have interfered.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 JustPlainLucas

@ariabed said:

@JustPlainLucas: whats really to be gained by watching such a thing? We already know it happens in nature and we have seen it in various animal documentaries.

I do get where you are coming from i just think humans shouldn't interfere with the balance of nature.

It's no more different than a wildlife documentary capturing a kill, only in this tourist video, they aren't spending years and millions of dollars trying to capture one shot.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Ariabed

@JustPlainLucas: lol true but i still find it cruel, its nice to think they were doing it for educational purposes but i doubt that very much.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

Another example of why human beings are the cruelest creatures on Earth.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@ariabed said:

I do get where you are coming from but its not natural if humans have interfered.

So, like, are you against pet ownership? Is that inherently cruel? The market demand for dog food and cat food results in lots of animals getting killed, so is that bad?

Or more to the point, what about people who own things like snakes? Just like a dog or a cat, they've got to eat. So should I be interested in watching my snake's behaviour EXCEPT when it eats live prey? As if everything else the snake does is valid for "entertainment" purposes, but we have to draw the line with feeding just because that particular element of the snake's bnehavior requires another animal to die? That sounds like criticizing a rabbit breeder for actually watching his rabbits have sex. It's less of a matter of "don't do it" and more a matter of "you can do it, but you just have to be ashamed of it and not allow yourself to derive any satisfaction from seeing it."

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#39 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@davillain- said:

Sometimes, the good little piggies has to suffer for the bad. That's just how the world works.

everybody likes a bit of pork

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Ariabed

@MrGeezer said:
@ariabed said:

So, like, are you against pet ownership? Is that inherently cruel? The market demand for dog food and cat food results in lots of animals getting killed, so is that bad?

Or more to the point, what about people who own things like snakes? Just like a dog or a cat, they've got to eat. So should I be interested in watching my snake's behaviour EXCEPT when it eats live prey? As if everything else the snake does is valid for "entertainment" purposes, but we have to draw the line with feeding just because that particular element of the snake's bnehavior requires another animal to die? That sounds like criticizing a rabbit breeder for actually watching his rabbits have sex. It's less of a matter of "don't do it" and more a matter of "you can do it, but you just have to be ashamed of it and not allow yourself to derive any satisfaction from seeing it."

How about examples that are at least slightly in the same context of the video.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#42 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Wild boars are a major pest in the ecosystem. They are not native to the US and have been destroying much of the environment and endangering other indigenous animals. I have no problem with an alligator eating a wild boar. Would you prefer the large hunts the government often endorses to cull boar numbers?

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@sonicare said:

Wild boars are a major pest in the ecosystem. They are not native to the US and have been destroying much of the environment and endangering other indigenous animals. I have no problem with an alligator eating a wild boar. Would you prefer the large hunts the government often endorses to cull boar numbers?

These people weren't luring the boar to the water to save the ecosystem, they were doing it because they're sick assholes who apparently derive pleasure from another creature's misfortune.

This is how I also feel about "sport" hunters. If you need a meal to feed yourself/family, yeah, great, do what you need to survive...push comes to shove I'd do the same. If you want to kill things because you enjoy it, then you're a sick ****.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#44  Edited By Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

It's more of just a morbid curiosity I think. Most likely none of these people are the types who would skin a cat alive or some crazy shit like that, but they def wanted to create a scene that happens every day in nature for the spectacle. I saw the full video and I have to admit it was pretty interesting seeing how the alligator ambushes the pig and such.

Anyways I tell you who def didn't mind...the alligator lol.

bmanva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 bmanva
Member since 2002 • 4680 Posts
@JustPlainLucas said:

I agree. It's not about lives of the animals but how easy someone can humanize them. Insects and arachnids are not easily humanized so most have no qualm killing them.

bmanva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 bmanva
Member since 2002 • 4680 Posts

@ariabed said:
@JustPlainLucas said:

Nature is cruel. There are animals aside from man that kill for fun or at least no apparent reason. We seems to be the only one that judge others for it through.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 JustPlainLucas

@ariabed said:
@MrGeezer said:
@ariabed said:

I would say feeding a pet snake a mouse is about as close to the context of the video that you can get. Honestly, if a person had an issue with feeding live food to their pets, they wouldn't keep those pets. Yet, people keep snakes as pets all the time so those people do not see feeding one animal to another as cruel. If anything, feeding a pet snake a live mouse is crueler than what these people did in the video. A person is keeping a snake captive, and purchases live mice to feed, not just for one day, but for the life of that snake. If you want to suggest that these tourists should have left that pig alone, then you are also against pet ownership, because what's more cruel than owning an animal that should be in the wild and then creating supply for a market that breeds animals JUST to be fed? At least in the video, those animals were free.

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

It takes a special breed of freaks to enjoy this sort of thing.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By chaoscougar1

@JustPlainLucas said:

Sped up the process of nature
One of humanity's favourite oxymorons

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 chaoscougar1
@JustPlainLucas said:
@ariabed said:
@MrGeezer said:
@ariabed said:

I would say feeding a pet snake a mouse is about as close to the context of the video that you can get. Honestly, if a person had an issue with feeding live food to their pets, they wouldn't keep those pets. Yet, people keep snakes as pets all the time so those people do not see feeding one animal to another as cruel. If anything, feeding a pet snake a live mouse is crueler than what these people did in the video. A person is keeping a snake captive, and purchases live mice to feed, not just for one day, but for the life of that snake. If you want to suggest that these tourists should have left that pig alone, then you are also against pet ownership, because what's more cruel than owning an animal that should be in the wild and then creating supply for a market that breeds animals JUST to be fed? At least in the video, those animals were free.

lol
Come on JPL
Reaching a bit aren't we?