genius2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#101 genius2365
Member since 2010 • 495 Posts

@korvus: Thanks for the encouragement Korvus. Obviously the wait is the toughest part, but I feel like it'll be worth it :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#102 deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

@genius2365: No problem; you can do this!

VaguelyTagged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#103 VaguelyTagged
Member since 2009 • 10702 Posts

who says a man is supposed to "stand up" for his girl? i hate how girls and society in general are convinced that we are here to protect them. surprise; men are human beings too, with the same fears and emotions. anything that scares a female is likely to scare a male as well. **** what role society tries to force on us.

ceromaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#104  Edited By ceromaster
Member since 2009 • 209 Posts

Usually the people who tend to complain about the guys who are complaining tend to be just as bad if not worse than the actual 'nice' guys, because you guys do the exact same things they do, go online and complain to people who don't actually care. Both look stupid, both look like complete tools, the difference between the two is that one (the 'nice' guy) can potentially be a cool person, because his inner a**hole isn't apparently obvious, the other one (the person who complains about 'nice' guys) comes out the gate in full douche regalia, because usually....they sound like douche bags.

Let it be known though, both are equally stupid. I just wish 'nice' guys would just give up on the object on their affection and move on when they realize it's not going to happen, rather than whore themselves out for the one person that gives exactly zero s**** about their affection.

Ashbee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#105 Ashbee
Member since 2015 • 383 Posts

@Planeforger: You probably were! (Friendzoning I mean). I think the only time the word friendzone is used is in defense of the person who feels slighted. You and I didn't do anything other than not feel romantically inclined, and the one who was rejected in some form or other puts a label on that reason.

Essentially what @korvus said

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@ceromaster said:

Usually the people who tend to complain about the guys who are complaining tend to be just as bad if not worse than the actual 'nice' guys, because you guys do the exact same things they do, go online and complain to people who don't actually care. Both look stupid, both look like complete tools, the difference between the two is that one (the 'nice' guy) can potentially be a cool person, because his inner a**hole isn't apparently obvious, the other one (the person who complains about 'nice' guys) comes out the gate in full douche regalia, because usually....they sound like douche bags.

Let it be known though, both are equally stupid. I just wish 'nice' guys would just give up on the object on their affection and move on when they realize it's not going to happen, rather than whore themselves out for the one person that gives exactly zero s**** about their affection.

What about the guy who complains about the guy who's complaining about the guy who's complaining? Where does he fit in?And what about the guy who complains about the guy who's complaining about the guy who's complaining about the guy who's complaining?

Gamer_Durandal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#107 Gamer_Durandal
Member since 2014 • 129 Posts

@MrGeezer: Those people are reserved a special place in Hell. Next to child molestors....and people who talk in the theater.

Remember: Special Hell.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178845 Posts

@genius2365: Dude if you aren't going to flirt with girls then there isn't any hope for you. Girls do respond to attention...you will forever be a friend if you don't step up once in awhile.

genius2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 genius2365

@LJS9502_basic: When did I say I didn't? I was just disappointed at my lack of luck and was wondering if I was missing something. So far in college this year there have been two girls who have caught my eye. One of them I had in my class last semester, and I would walk with her until our lockers whenever we finished class. We'd talk and I would give her an odd compliment here and there, but I think she just wasn't interested, since when I asked her if she wanted to go grab a bite to eat sometime, she responded ''Oh (My name), you're a really sweet guy and all, but I actually just got a boyfriend recently and...'' I think it was more of an excuse than anything, but since it was the first time ever asking a girl out (hey, some guys take longer than others :) ), I just shrugged it off and accepted the rejection.

Now, I have this different girl in one of my classes this semester, and while the early signs from her seemed mixed (smiles and sends me glances in class, but never sticks around for a chat), I figured I had nothing to lose by trying. I often ask her something about school to break the ice after class, and yesterday I finally got the opportunity to launch her a compliment. She's Latin american, so I called her accent cute (thanks to br0kenrabbit for that one) and asked her where it came from. Hence ensued a conversation with a nice smile and bye to cap it all off.

It might seem like a small amount, but considering that I was the shy awkward kid back in high school with no female friends, I think I'm going in the right direction. Baby steps :)

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 LJS9502_basic

@genius2365: So ask her out already. If you keep being a friend...that's what you end up.

genius2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 genius2365

@LJS9502_basic: That was the plan yeah. I just first wanted to let her know I exist and do some small talk with her over a couple of classes. I did not want to be abrupt. Think I am comfortable asking her out now, just have to wait until next class or the one after. Guess we'll see what happens...

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 LJS9502_basic

@genius2365 said:

@LJS9502_basic: That was the plan yeah. I just first wanted to let her know I exist and do some small talk with her over a couple of classes. I did not want to be abrupt. Think I am comfortable asking her out now, just have to wait until next class or the one after. Guess we'll see what happens...

Good luck. Just didn't want to see your friend zone yourself before you got the chance.

D3nnyCrane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By D3nnyCrane
Member since 2007 • 12058 Posts

@br0kenrabbit said:

He's the guy in corner all by himself who can't find the initiative to join the room and mingle.

Wow, you're so right, I wonder why more socially anxious people just don't stop being socially anxious, it's THAT EASY kids!

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@D3nnyCrane said:

@br0kenrabbit said:

He's the guy in corner all by himself who can't find the initiative to join the room and mingle.

Wow, you're so right, I wonder why more socially anxious people just don't stop being socially anxious, it's THAT EASY kids!

LOL....but true.

D3nnyCrane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 D3nnyCrane

@LJS9502_basic said:

@D3nnyCrane said:

@br0kenrabbit said:

LOL....but true.

When I was a younger man I tried to do the whole "Get out there and do it" thing, and saw a girl I decided to talk to and had no idea what to say, whether to compliment her eyes, IDK I was new at this shit.

And when I got there all I could blurt out was "YOU HAVE THE MOST EYES."

On the plus side, the only way was up.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 LJS9502_basic

@D3nnyCrane said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@D3nnyCrane said:

@br0kenrabbit said:

LOL....but true.

When I was a younger man I tried to do the whole "Get out there and do it" thing, and saw a girl I decided to talk to and had no idea what to say, whether to compliment her eyes, IDK I was new at this shit.

And when I got there all I could blurt out was "YOU HAVE THE MOST EYES."

On the plus side, the only way was up.

Interesting pick up line. Does it work. :p

D3nnyCrane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 D3nnyCrane

Not even a little bit.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#118  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

@D3nnyCrane said:

"YOU HAVE THE MOST EYES."

Why thank you, most people don't notice the ones on my neck, you are very kind!

whipassmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#119 whipassmt
Member since 2007 • 15375 Posts

@korvus said:

@whipassmt said:

In order to forge steel you must temper it with fire.

Understood. Next time I see an introvert I'll ask him/her if they'd like to be set on fire. That should melt the ice.

"Ah, what are you doing!"

"What, I'm just trying to melt the ice."

genius2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By genius2365

@LJS9502_basic: In case you wanted an update, I asked her today after class if she was interested in going to eat at the mall across the street sometime. She said she had no breaks tomorrow, and then I asked her if we could maybe discuss this again after March Break (for colleges here in Canada), she said sure thing, with a smile :)

At least it wasn't a no haha. Guess I'll have to wait one agonizing week to find out...

darklight4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 darklight4
Member since 2009 • 2094 Posts

I find the nice guy routine sad really. Grow a pair and make your intentions clear. I dropped being nice like 10 years ago I gained confidence as I got older so now I am pretty upfront about most things.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#122 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17658 Posts

@VaguelyTagged said:

who says a man is supposed to "stand up" for his girl? i hate how girls and society in general are convinced that we are here to protect them. surprise; men are human beings too, with the same fears and emotions. anything that scares a female is likely to scare a male as well. **** what role society tries to force on us.

Notion comes from the fact that men are physically built much stronger than women. It's the male's role to protect the female, who's more fragile yet is the bearer of offspring.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 LJS9502_basic

@genius2365 said:

@LJS9502_basic: In case you wanted an update, I asked her today after class if she was interested in going to eat at the mall across the street sometime. She said she had no breaks tomorrow, and then I asked her if we could maybe discuss this again after March Break (for colleges here in Canada), she said sure thing, with a smile :)

At least it wasn't a no haha. Guess I'll have to wait one agonizing week to find out...

Why agonize? She didn't say no.

genius2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 genius2365

@LJS9502_basic: Oh, I meant agonizing more in an anticipating sort of way :)