they say this is the possible missing link between humans and apes....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MattDistillery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#201 MattDistillery
Member since 2010 • 969 Posts

This tread makes me want to cry all the way back to my University were I can sit in the corner and discuss Evolution with people who understand the concept properly.

cobrax55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#202 cobrax55
Member since 2007 • 1364 Posts

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"] DNA similarities don't prove evolution. And I'm studying advanced Biology as one of my subjects at my college. I think I'd have read a book on it by now. :roll:ShadowsDemon

You cannot study biology correctly if you don't believe in evolution.

Bull$hit. It's a theory, nothing more. All you guys have done is post fvcking stupid images and gifs and stated that your "opinions" are facts and that we all came from monkeys. Maybe you should give some actual proof.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_theory

You dont seem to understand what the word theory is....

and BTW, here you go. A massive page of all the evidence for evolution...

Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 Guybrush_3
Member since 2008 • 8308 Posts

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"]

And you prefer monkeys becoming humans magically do you? That's what sounds reasonable if you're 10 years old.ShadowsDemon

Again, humans did not evolve from Monkeys, secondly evolution isn't magic, it can be observed occurring.

Even die hard creationists believe in evolution, even the die hards over at answers in genesis admit that macro evolution occurs.

It's still a theory. They can have beliefs but it's not completed proved and can't be. As cougar said, it's the same with Quantum Gravity.

Awww. You think a scientific theory is the same thing as a lay man's theory. How quaint, but wrong. A scientific theory is an explination describing an entire process based on many (MANY) facts. Some examples of facts contained within the theory of evolution are: organisms change over time due to processes such as natural selection and punctuated equilibrium and that humans have evolved from other primates over millions of years. These facts have been repeatedly proven over and over again. The theory of evolution is one of the most comprehensive and extensive theories in all of science. There is more evidence for it than gravity.

StRaItJaCkEt36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 StRaItJaCkEt36
Member since 2011 • 551 Posts

For the people who are argueing against Evolution, you do know its a seen as a fact within the Science community that it does happen and did happen right? sSubZerOo
Nope. It's a theory, that is supported by facts. SO many people misunderstand science.

GoodFight21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 GoodFight21
Member since 2012 • 57 Posts
Moral of this thread: believe what your told without question, anyone who doesnt believe what their told is either intellectually inferior or crazy. Ha, that might just be correct for the whole of OT.
MrPraline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 MrPraline
Member since 2008 • 21351 Posts

[QUOTE="sSubZerOo"]For the people who are argueing against Evolution, you do know its a seen as a fact within the Science community that it does happen and did happen right? StRaItJaCkEt36

Nope. It's a theory, that is supported by facts. SO many people misunderstand science.

Yeah but there's a distinct difference between a scientific theory and theory in the colloquial sense.
Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

We've witnessed evolution first hand...

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2008/04/080421-lizard-evolution.html

Theories in the scientific world are supported with facts and come from a thesis that is logical and relevent. Do you guys have any idea how hard it would be to just make up something and called it a "theory" and not have your peers within your field call you out immediatly?...

The ironic thing about religious people is that they want to see evolution in person... yet believe that someone spoke to a burning bush.

Planet_Pluto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 Planet_Pluto
Member since 2011 • 2235 Posts

I thought for sure this was going to be a PYP thread.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

Find picture of 50 cent, Patrick Ewing or George W Bush

There ya go, missing link

Avatar image for jesuschristmonk
jesuschristmonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 jesuschristmonk
Member since 2009 • 3308 Posts
[Quote=FelipeInside] I reckon God created everything, including Apes where we evolved from ;)

Makes more sense that a "God" created the earth, and just let all the evolution and what not go on for all of these billions of years than nothing happenning at all lol.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#211 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

So all these people saying evolution is BS, I wanna know....do you believe in plate tectonics?

jesuschristmonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212 jesuschristmonk

So all these people saying evolution is BS, I wanna know....do you believe in plate tectonics?

wis3boi
Silly goose. Our continents are pieces of rock that span all the way down to the crust of the earth. It wouldn't make sense for them to move. ;) I'm actually interested in seeing what they think about that subject lol.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 wis3boi

this is epic lulz, im gonna leave this here

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214 wis3boi
[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

jesuschristmonk
Silly goose. Our continents are pieces of rock that span all the way down to the crust of the earth. It wouldn't make sense for them to move. ;) I'm actually interested in seeing what they think about that subject lol.

inb4 "South America and Africa's shapes are just a coincidence"
MattDistillery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215 MattDistillery
Member since 2010 • 969 Posts

[QUOTE="jesuschristmonk"][QUOTE="wis3boi"]

wis3boi

inb4 "South America and Africa's shapes are just a coincidence"

If anyone says that I will use my Geology degree to give every one of them a paper cut.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"]

And you prefer monkeys becoming humans magically do you? That's what sounds reasonable if you're 10 years old.ShadowsDemon

Again, humans did not evolve from Monkeys, secondly evolution isn't magic, it can be observed occurring.

Even die hard creationists believe in evolution, even the die hards over at answers in genesis admit that macro evolution occurs.

It's still a theory. They can have beliefs but it's not completed proved and can't be. As cougar said, it's the same with Quantum Gravity.

I'm sorry, but there's no goddamned way you're studying advanced biology without understanding evolution or what scientific theory is.

jesuschristmonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 jesuschristmonk

this is epic lulz, im gonna leave this here

wis3boi

OMFG BRILLIANT! I especially love the dinosaur part. If dinosaurs couldn't fit on Noah's Ark, then he didn't house every animal on earth on it. Christianity: -∞ Science/Logic: ∞ lolol.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#218 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"][QUOTE="tenaka2"]

Guybrush_3

Awww. You think a scientific theory is the same thing as a lay man's theory. How quaint, but wrong. A scientific theory is an explination describing an entire process based on many (MANY) facts. Some examples of facts contained within the theory of evolution are: organisms change over time due to processes such as natural selection and punctuated equilibrium and that humans have evolved from other primates over millions of years. These facts have been repeatedly proven over and over again. The theory of evolution is one of the most comprehensive and extensive theories in all of science. There is more evidence for it than gravity.

You really seem so sure of yourself don't you? It's been proven again and again that's evolution is not a fact. People like you just refuse to understand that. :roll:
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts
[QUOTE="Guybrush_3"]

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"] It's still a theory. They can have beliefs but it's not completed proved and can't be. As cougar said, it's the same with Quantum Gravity.ShadowsDemon

You really seem so sure of yourself don't you? It's been proven again and again that's evolution is not a fact. People like you just refuse to understand that. :roll:

You must of never heard of the fruit fly experiments.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts

relevant

hadoken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 hadoken
Member since 2003 • 2730 Posts
i dont think we evolved from apes nor do i believe some all powerful god created everything including humans.bbwwoman
yes u do
Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 Jagged3dge
Member since 2008 • 3895 Posts

guys no matter what people are going to believe what they want to believe, your surely not going to convince them over the internet no matter how much proof you pull out.

the more we discover the more we learn how truely insignificant we are. and some people can't accept that.

why not let them have that false sense of security known as religion...

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 ShadowsDemon

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"][QUOTE="tenaka2"]

worlock77

I'm sorry, but there's no goddamned way you're studying advanced biology without understanding evolution or what scientific theory is.

Sorry to disappoint then. :)
Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

Cool! I doubt it's real because I have seen the headline, "Missing link found," time and time again over the years, but I hope it is real.

jesuschristmonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 jesuschristmonk
[QUOTE="Guybrush_3"]

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"] It's still a theory. They can have beliefs but it's not completed proved and can't be. As cougar said, it's the same with Quantum Gravity.ShadowsDemon

Because all the species of dogs that humans have aided in creating over the past couple hundred years isn't an example of evolution lol. I find it funny that I was arguing with you in a different thread about Jesus being a character from a book, and you were fighting your heart out trying to say that he wasn't fictional, and now you're fighting your heart out about this? Now I can say that the theory of humans evolving from chimpanzees is still being worked on, but the idea of evolution can be used to describe the change in other things. Look at how technology has evolved over the past 50 years lol.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 wis3boi

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"][QUOTE="Guybrush_3"]

jesuschristmonk

Because all the species of dogs that humans have aided in creating over the past couple hundred years isn't an example of evolution lol. I find it funny that I was arguing with you in a different thread about Jesus being a character from a book, and you were fighting your heart out trying to say that he wasn't fictional, and now you're fighting your heart out about this? Now I can say that the theory of humans evolving from chimpanzees is still being worked on, but the idea of evolution can be used to describe the change in other things. Look at how technology has evolved over the past 50 years lol.

Lies, everything we see today snapped into existence overnight! Just like that!

jesuschristmonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 jesuschristmonk

[QUOTE="jesuschristmonk"][QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"] You really seem so sure of yourself don't you? It's been proven again and again that's evolution is not a fact. People like you just refuse to understand that. :roll:wis3boi

Don't you mean over 7 days? Lol.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

You want Proof ??? YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE PROOF !!!

d

Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="jesuschristmonk"] Because all the species of dogs that humans have aided in creating over the past couple hundred years isn't an example of evolution lol. I find it funny that I was arguing with you in a different thread about Jesus being a character from a book, and you were fighting your heart out trying to say that he wasn't fictional, and now you're fighting your heart out about this? Now I can say that the theory of humans evolving from chimpanzees is still being worked on, but the idea of evolution can be used to describe the change in other things. Look at how technology has evolved over the past 50 years lol.jesuschristmonk

6 days, the SOB took a nap on the seventh.

::all powerful being::

::makes universe backwards::

::is all tuckered out on the 6th day and requires a naptime.::

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 wis3boi

[QUOTE="jesuschristmonk"][QUOTE="wis3boi"] Lies, everything we see today snapped into existence overnight! Just like that!

Inconsistancy

6 days, the SOB took a nap on the seventh.

and then he went afk around 0 AD, never returned, and didn't leave the source code

Big_Bad_Sad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 Big_Bad_Sad
Member since 2005 • 18243 Posts

[QUOTE="AussieePet"]lol@ people believing we are apes now mattisgod01

Have you ever read "The Origin of Species"? Or any book on Evolutionary Biology?

Or any book at all.
Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts
[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]

relevant

all that bible verse is saying is you will never be able to have a cow and a goat mate to make babies. if evolution was real and we have one common answers how come i cant make babies with gorillas
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 FelipeInside
What are we questioning here? That evolution didn't happen or that there is no God?
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

You're not disappointing, you're straight up lying. There is no way you could remain in such a class with that kind of ignorance of the subject.

Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 Guybrush_3

[QUOTE="Guybrush_3"]

People have already posted quite a bit of evidence for it in this thread. You haven't posted any evidence for your side. Lets see reputable scientific evidence that evolution is not true and I will admit you are right. (reputable= peer reviewed scientific publications that have not be rebuked)

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#237 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts
lol@ people believing we are apes now AussieePet
Uh, no. It's been proven we have evolved from apes. Look at liberals. They ARE the missing link. There's your proof. Once again, science proves victorious.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"][QUOTE="Guybrush_3"]

Guybrush_3

People have already posted quite a bit of evidence for it in this thread. You haven't posted any evidence for your side. Lets see reputable scientific evidence that evolution is not true and I will admit you are right. (reputable= peer reviewed scientific publications that have not be rebuked)

Just out of curiosity.

Is there a company/entity/group that verify what scientists say is evidence or proof?

I'm asking this because scientists have been known to be wrong in the past so I was wondering if there is anyone who verifies all this? (not specifically to do with evolution, just generally)

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 ShadowsDemon

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"][QUOTE="worlock77"]

worlock77

You're not disappointing, you're straight up lying. There is no way you could remain in such a class with that kind of ignorance of the subject.

No, I am in that class, and for some reason the people there have the brains to understand that just because you don't believe in the theory of evolution it doesn't mean you can't be in the class or understand biology concepts. They actually respect other people's opinions there. :roll:
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 wis3boi
[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"] Sorry to disappoint then. :)ShadowsDemon

No, I am in that class, and for some reason the people there have the brains to understand that just because you don't believe in the theory of evolution it doesn't mean you can't be in the class or understand biology concepts. They actually respect other people's opinions there. :roll:

must make studying genetic traits and environmental adaptation incredibly difficult or impossible
Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 Guybrush_3

[QUOTE="Guybrush_3"]

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"] You really seem so sure of yourself don't you? It's been proven again and again that's evolution is not a fact. People like you just refuse to understand that. :roll:FelipeInside

People have already posted quite a bit of evidence for it in this thread. You haven't posted any evidence for your side. Lets see reputable scientific evidence that evolution is not true and I will admit you are right (reputable= peer reviewed scientific publications that have not be rebuked)

Just out of curiosity.

Is there a company/entity/group that verify what scientists say is evidence or proof?

I'm asking this because scientists have been known to be wrong in the past so I was wondering if there is anyone who verifies all this? (not specifically to do with evolution, just generally)

It's a system called peer review. Sh*t goes wrong sometimes but it eventually gets sorted out. (and the main tennants of evolution have long been repeatedly verified)

Novotine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 Novotine
Member since 2009 • 1199 Posts

[QUOTE="AussieePet"]lol@ people believing we are apes now mattisgod01

Have you ever read "The Origin of Species"? Or any book on Evolutionary Biology?

lol don't bother
Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 Guybrush_3

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"] Sorry to disappoint then. :)ShadowsDemon

Quit saying that thinking evolution is false is an opinion. It's ignorance, usually willful, of the facts. That's like saying "I believe the Earth is flat" is an opinion. You are either lying or you go to a sh*t christian school with a laughable biology program. (Unless you are in highschool where there are plenty of god awful bio teachers)

Novotine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 Novotine
Member since 2009 • 1199 Posts
What's with people saying we evolved from apes? We didn't. We evolved from a common ancestor to that of apes. There's a difference.
Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 Guybrush_3

What's with people saying we evolved from apes? We didn't. We evolved from a common ancestor to that of apes. There's a difference. Novotine

We didn't evolve from a living any living species of ape, but we evolved from apes and we remain in the great ape family to this day.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 wis3boi
What's with people saying we evolved from apes? We didn't. We evolved from a common ancestor to that of apes. There's a difference. Novotine
too complex for some minds
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="Novotine"]What's with people saying we evolved from apes? We didn't. We evolved from a common ancestor to that of apes. There's a difference. wis3boi

Well it's understandable. Some people just on this forum are saying we evolved from apes, other say it was from a common ancestor.
Guybrush_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 Guybrush_3

[QUOTE="wis3boi"][QUOTE="Novotine"]What's with people saying we evolved from apes? We didn't. We evolved from a common ancestor to that of apes. There's a difference. FelipeInside

Well it's understandable. Some people just on this forum are saying we evolved from apes, other say it was from a common ancestor.

We did evolve from apes, just not modern apes. We are in the great ape family.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="wis3boi"] too complex for some mindsGuybrush_3

We did evolve from apes, just not modern apes. We are in the great ape family.

So by this theory EVERY single animal on this planet has evolved from another animal? Is that correct?
bobaban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250 bobaban
Member since 2005 • 10560 Posts
[QUOTE="imaps3fanboy"][QUOTE="AussieePet"]lol@ people believing we are apes now AussieePet
We are apes. We are apart of the great ape family so to speak

Why aren't you having sex with an ape then ?

Maybe he can't find your house