they say this is the possible missing link between humans and apes....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#51 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
lol Evolution just looks stupider and stupider. I seriously don't know how anyone could possibily believe in it.
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#52 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"][QUOTE="dave123321"] What are your thoughts on evolution?mattisgod01

I believe in micro-evolution. Generations obviously change over time. However, I don't believe in macro-evolution, or speciation.

In evolution Macro-Evolution is simply the compounded effects of Micro-Evolution, The distinction between the two is fairly arbitrary as the only thing that separates them is time and scale. If you believe in one why can't you believe in the other?

Because I don't believe either have the power to change a species so drastically that they create a new species.
Joshywaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#53 Joshywaa
Member since 2002 • 10991 Posts

lol Evolution just looks stupider and stupider. I seriously don't know how anyone could possibily believe in it.ShadowsDemon

Amazing what an education will do for you

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

lol Evolution just looks stupider and stupider. I seriously don't know how anyone could possibily believe in it.ShadowsDemon

it's actually proven and has been witnessed :?

mattisgod01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#55 mattisgod01
Member since 2005 • 3476 Posts

Have you ever read "The Origin of Species"? Or any book on Evolutionary Biology? :roll:

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 The-Apostle

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"]lol Evolution just looks stupider and stupider. I seriously don't know how anyone could possibily believe in it.Joshywaa

Amazing what an education will do for you

Yeah, at least I'm trying to come up with reasonable answers without resorting to trolling. >_>
metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#57 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

How many missing links do we have to find before people stop calling them missing links?

cybrcatter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 cybrcatter
Member since 2003 • 16210 Posts
Recent studies indicate that the missing link frequents OT regularly.
coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

I think TheApostle is the missing link.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts
call me ignorant but i dont question where people originally came from. i have an idea with a lot of gaps in of where we came from. Animals are similar we all carbon-base. wen i get to thinking bout the whole evolution are monkeys our cousins all that comes to mind is the concept of infinity possibilities
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 wis3boi

I'm just gonna leave THIS here.

bbwwoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 bbwwoman
Member since 2012 • 112 Posts

[QUOTE="bbwwoman"]

http://www.news.com.au/world/australopithecus-sediba-the-two-million-year-old-boy/story-e6frfkyi-1225851674465

well im gonna say that this looks just like any other ape skull but they think its more human like than ape lol.

well let the debate begin between evo's & crea's,i will give my opinion as im entitled to one is that i dont think we evolved from apes nor do i believe some all powerful god created everything including humans.

DumbDonald

Thank you for the link, I always enjoy reading about fossils and new alleged human ancestors. What do you believe if I might ask, do you believe aliens planted us here ( I am not asking as a form of condescension rather out of curiosity as I know some people that believe that).

i honestly dont know how we got here or if we are even native to this planet,when you think about it we are nothing like any of the other species on earth.

we dont have a natural balance to this planet unlike all the other species which do have a natural balance,the closest thing i can think we resemble is a virus or a cancer,our race is nothing but a destructive thing that destroys in total disregard of anything else.

we are the only species that can create to further advance ourselves...again unlike anything else on this planet and it really does make one wonder.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 wis3boi

[QUOTE="DumbDonald"][QUOTE="bbwwoman"]

http://www.news.com.au/world/australopithecus-sediba-the-two-million-year-old-boy/story-e6frfkyi-1225851674465

well im gonna say that this looks just like any other ape skull but they think its more human like than ape lol.

well let the debate begin between evo's & crea's,i will give my opinion as im entitled to one is that i dont think we evolved from apes nor do i believe some all powerful god created everything including humans.

bbwwoman

Thank you for the link, I always enjoy reading about fossils and new alleged human ancestors. What do you believe if I might ask, do you believe aliens planted us here ( I am not asking as a form of condescension rather out of curiosity as I know some people that believe that).

i honestly dont know how we got here or if we are even native to this planet,when you think about it we are nothing like any of the other species on earth.

we dont have a natural balance to this planet unlike all the other species which do have a natural balance,the closest thing i can think we resemble is a virus or a cancer,our race is nothing but a destructive thing that destroys in total disregard of anything else.

we are the only species that can create to further advance ourselves...again unlike anything else on this planet and it really does make one wonder.

we share 98% of our dna with apes. Also, there were once other types of humans, like the Neanderthals, who no longer exist.
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 ShadowsDemon

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"]lol Evolution just looks stupider and stupider. I seriously don't know how anyone could possibily believe in it.wis3boi

No, it's not proven, nor has it been witnessed. The mere thought is absurd.
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 The-Apostle

How many missing links do we have to find before people stop calling them missing links?

metroidfood
I'll go with one that's not fake. >_>
the_plan_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 the_plan_man
Member since 2011 • 1664 Posts

[QUOTE="AussieePet"][QUOTE="imaps3fanboy"] We are apes. We are apart of the great ape family so to speakimaps3fanboy

Why aren't you having sex with an ape then ?

My sperm can't impregnate an ape, so there is no reason to try and have sex with them..

:lol: That's the only reason why you wouldn't have sex with one.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 wis3boi
[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"]lol Evolution just looks stupider and stupider. I seriously don't know how anyone could possibily believe in it.ShadowsDemon

Snakes have leg bones that no longer provide function, same with our gallbladders. We have human remains that go back 3-4 million years, and as you find human remains that get closer and closer to modern times, you can witness the changes in the body. Fossils: They are there for you to learn from. Species don't just pop into existence the way they are today out of thin air.
metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 metroidfood

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"]lol Evolution just looks stupider and stupider. I seriously don't know how anyone could possibily believe in it.ShadowsDemon

It's funny, because theres a massive amount of published literature that proves the exact opposite.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 wis3boi

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"][QUOTE="wis3boi"]

metroidfood

It's funny, because theres a massive amount of published literature that proves the exact opposite.

Yep, exactly. Just found this cool little example:

"Almost, But Not Quite, a Whale. The fossil record suggests that whales evolved on land, and intermediate species have been identified. But what of their last terrestrial ancestor? In 2007, researchers showed that Indohyus — a 50 million-year-old, dog-sized member of the extinct raoellidae ungulate family — had ears, teeth and bones that resembled whales, not other raoellids."

SaintWalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 SaintWalrus
Member since 2011 • 1715 Posts
lol@ people believing we are apes now AussieePet
I for one Welcome our new Ape ancestral heritage.
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 ShadowsDemon

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"][QUOTE="wis3boi"]

wis3boi

Snakes have leg bones that no longer provide function, same with our gallbladders. We have human remains that go back 3-4 million years, and as you find human remains that get closer and closer to modern times, you can witness the changes in the body. Fossils: They are there for you to learn from. Species don't just pop into existence the way they are today out of thin air.

Well if you believe in God then you do disagree. As I do. And as for that "proof", even Charles Darwin himself said that if he was wrong in any way then his entire theory of evoltion was wrong. And he was proven wrong many times. :lol:

Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts

I hope that the evolution deniers are just trolls, but just in case, I'm going to link a lovely video.

Richard Dawkins; 'Life, Darwin & Everything'

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

[QUOTE="mattisgod01"]

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"] I believe in micro-evolution. Generations obviously change over time. However, I don't believe in macro-evolution, or speciation.The-Apostle

In evolution Macro-Evolution is simply the compounded effects of Micro-Evolution, The distinction between the two is fairly arbitrary as the only thing that separates them is time and scale. If you believe in one why can't you believe in the other?

Because I don't believe either have the power to change a species so drastically that they create a new species.

In the short term, no. Over millions of years, yes.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

[QUOTE="wis3boi"][QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"] No, it's not proven, nor has it been witnessed. The mere thought is absurd.ShadowsDemon

Well if you believe in God then you do disagree. As I do. And as for that "proof", even Charles Darwin himself said that if he was wrong in any way then his entire theory of evoltion was wrong. And he was proven wrong many times. :lol:

You don't have to disagree just because you believe in God.

I for one believe in both God and Evolution.

As for actual proof of Evolution, there isn't any, just like there isn't any proof that a God exists or not.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 FelipeInside

I hope that the evolution deniers are just trolls, but just in case, I'm going to link a lovely video.

Inconsistancy
Why do u call troll to someone that doesn't agree with Evolution? It's an opinion/belief. It's like saying anybody that likes oranges instead of apples are trolls.
bbwwoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 bbwwoman

well the way i see it is that both sides have no proof,there is no proof that god exists and theres no proof we evolved from apes.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 worlock77

well the way i see it is that both sides have no proof,there is no proof that god exists and theres no proof we evolved from apes.

bbwwoman

That's because we didn't evolve from apes. Rather humans and apes evolved seperately from a common ancestor. For f*ck's sake, at least try to understand the subject before saying it's wrong.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="bbwwoman"]

worlock77

That's because we didn't evolve from apes. Rather humans and apes evolved seperately from a common ancestor. For f*ck's sake, at least try to understand the subject before saying it's wrong.

He is correct though.

There is no undeniable 100% factual without a doubt proof from either perspective.

Hence why humans have this never ending debate.

PS: I don't think he said anything about being wrong, just that there is no proof.

WiiCubeM1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 WiiCubeM1
Member since 2009 • 4735 Posts

I'm still sticking with Australopithecus Africanus as the missing link. It's 1.5 million years older and more closely resembles an ape.

bbwwoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 bbwwoman

[QUOTE="bbwwoman"]

worlock77

for f*ck sake,attack me lol,how bout you understand what i wrote f*ck head,i said theres no proof that there is even evolution.

muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts
lol@ people believing we are apes now AussieePet
We are all animals.
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 The-Apostle
[QUOTE="AussieePet"]lol@ people believing we are apes now muller39
We are all animals.

This is about the only non-trollish thing I agreed with all topic.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="bbwwoman"]

FelipeInside

He is correct though.

There is no undeniable 100% factual without a doubt proof from either perspective.

PS: I don't think he said anything about being wrong, just that there is no proof.

Right, there's no proof of evolution except extensive fossel records including numerous examples of the Homo genus.

RearNakedChoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 RearNakedChoke
Member since 2009 • 1699 Posts

[QUOTE="AussieePet"][QUOTE="imaps3fanboy"] We are apes. We are apart of the great ape family so to speakimaps3fanboy

Why aren't you having sex with an ape then ?

My sperm can't impregnate an ape, so there is no reason to try and have sex with them..

Well, actually... They say human and chimpanzee dna might be similar enough for us to breed.. But ya, no ones really given that theory a very thorough testing...

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 wis3boi

[QUOTE="wis3boi"][QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"] No, it's not proven, nor has it been witnessed. The mere thought is absurd.ShadowsDemon

1) im an atheist 2) you can be religions and believe in it 3) I already showed you proof of evolution in multiple posts, that's more than you can do with a divine being...hence why it's all faith and no logic
Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts

[QUOTE="Inconsistancy"]

FelipeInside

Why do u call troll to someone that doesn't agree with Evolution? It's an opinion/belief. It's like saying anybody that likes oranges instead of apples are trolls.

It's because, to me, it's unthinkable that someone would believe in creationism over evolution after being presented the evidence.

It's like believing the Earth is flat, that simply isn't correct. It's not a matter of preference, it's reality.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

worlock77

He is correct though.

Right, there's no proof of evolution except extensive fossel records including numerous examples of the Homo genus.

There is proof of "extensive fossel records including numerous examples of the Homo genus." but nothing linking the two. Hence why we have the "MISSING LINK" argument. I'm NOT saying Evolution isn't correct, just stating the situation of the evidence.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Inconsistancy"]

Inconsistancy

It's because, to me, it's unthinkable that someone would believe in creationism over evolution after being presented the evidence.

It's like believing the Earth is flat, that simply isn't correct.

Read my prior post.
metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 metroidfood

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

FelipeInside

There is proof of "extensive fossel records including numerous examples of the Homo genus." but nothing linking the two. Hence why we have the "MISSING LINK" argument. I'm NOT saying Evolution isn't correct, just stating the situation of the evidence.

There's plenty of fossils linking the two. Plus heaps of DNA evidence.

Saying "there isn't evidence for either side" is flat wrong since there's very clear evidence for evolution if you pick up a book on biology.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="worlock77"]

metroidfood

Saying "there isn't evidence for either side" is flat wrong since there's very clear evidence for evolution if you pick up a book on biology.

Maybe I expressed myself wrong. I didn't mean there isn't ANY evidence for either side (cause there is), but that any of the evidence is 100% undeniable proof. I agree and disagree with both sides. If there was CLEAR evidence like you say, then scientists wouldn't keep discovering things and saying it COULD BE the missing link.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

He is correct though.

FelipeInside

I'd say that as far as primates go pretty much every fossil is a "missing link". But the term "missing link" is, it seems, most often used by people who don't necessarily have a great grasp on the subject. It seems people use the term expecting there to be one revelatory fossil where we can say "oh, this is where X became Y".

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 ShadowsDemon
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"]

Snakes have leg bones that no longer provide function, same with our gallbladders. We have human remains that go back 3-4 million years, and as you find human remains that get closer and closer to modern times, you can witness the changes in the body. Fossils: They are there for you to learn from. Species don't just pop into existence the way they are today out of thin air.wis3boi

As for actual proof of Evolution, there isn't any, just like there isn't any proof that a God exists or not.

There is proof. It's called the New Testiment Bible.
Famiking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Famiking
Member since 2009 • 4879 Posts
Fascinating.
THUMPTABLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#95 THUMPTABLE
Member since 2003 • 2357 Posts
[QUOTE="DroidPhysX"]Can any OTHER Australian verify that the Australian school system is up to par?[/QUOTE Yeah most aussies believe in evolution, she would be better off moving to the US along with all the other nutters.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"] Well if you believe in God then you do disagree. As I do. And as for that "proof", even Charles Darwin himself said that if he was wrong in any way then his entire theory of evoltion was wrong. And he was proven wrong many times. :lol:

No, there is EVIDENCE. There's a difference between PROOF (100% undeniable) and EVIDENCE. You can believe God exists or you can believe in Evolution (or in both like I do), but NO ONE on this planet can PROOF it.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 worlock77

[QUOTE="metroidfood"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] There is proof of "extensive fossel records including numerous examples of the Homo genus." but nothing linking the two. Hence why we have the "MISSING LINK" argument. I'm NOT saying Evolution isn't correct, just stating the situation of the evidence.FelipeInside

Maybe I expressed myself wrong. I didn't mean there isn't ANY evidence for either side (cause there is), but that any of the evidence is 100% undeniable proof. I agree and disagree with both sides. If there was CLEAR evidence like you say, then scientists wouldn't keep discovering things and saying it COULD BE the missing link.

I rarely see scientists say "this could be the missing link". It's usually journalists saying such things because they ether lack understanding and/or have to cater to a general public which lacks understanding.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#98 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
I believe in Evolution, but I also believe in a God since Evolution had to start somewhere....FelipeInside
Yeah, it started with abiogenesis and the formation of organic molecules from inorganic molecules. There is no "missing link." The fossil record is already complete enough to show that modern apes and humans share a common ancestor. There is no single fossilized specimen that magically turned from ape to human. It took millions of years and many thousands of generations with minute changes building up over time.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 worlock77

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

[QUOTE="ShadowsDemon"] Well if you believe in God then you do disagree. As I do. And as for that "proof", even Charles Darwin himself said that if he was wrong in any way then his entire theory of evoltion was wrong. And he was proven wrong many times. :lol:

ShadowsDemon

If that's your proof of God's existence then you must accept that all other gods spoken of by man exist as well.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]I believe in Evolution, but I also believe in a God since Evolution had to start somewhere....foxhound_fox
Yeah, it started with abiogenesis and the formation of organic molecules from inorganic molecules. There is no "missing link." The fossil record is already complete enough to show that modern apes and humans share a common ancestor.

And that common ancestor could easily be God..... hence why I believe in the two.