Catalli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#51 Catalli  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 3453 Posts

@Evil_Saluki: Daaaamn that is some of the chillest VG music I've heard in a while! Like seriously... I'm listening to it while writing and it's surprising me with each passing compass... got any more?

There's something about this kind of music which... kinda feels like it's filling my body and mind, which ordinary songs just don't really do.

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#52 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts
Loading Video...

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts
@raugutcon said:

Sir, I have to say that you have an excellent taste. This one is one one of my favorites:

Loading Video...

Hells Bells is their best song. Amazing tune. That whole record is amazing.

destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#54 destinhpark
Member since 2006 • 4831 Posts

Any song by Kurt Vile, really. He just came out with a new album though, and there are so many wonderful songs. Here's one with the official music video:

Loading Video...

Evil_Saluki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#55  Edited By Evil_Saluki
Member since 2008 • 5217 Posts

@ianhh6 said:

@Evil_Saluki: Daaaamn that is some of the chillest VG music I've heard in a while! Like seriously... I'm listening to it while writing and it's surprising me with each passing compass... got any more?

There's something about this kind of music which... kinda feels like it's filling my body and mind, which ordinary songs just don't really do.

@mjorh said:

I'm gonna start listening to the songs mentioned here, let's find me some good bands and singers !

@Evil_Saluki:That was amazing, another reason for me to give the game a try.

Yes Life is Strange AKA "The Game you should be playing" has some crazy virtuoso who knew how to bleed out on that guitar. I loved the melancholy, moody ambiance that went with the game. It has a great soundtrack and it's well timed and implemented, I could list loads but I don't want to spam. I loved it's background ambiance and found myself stopping just to listen to it on many occasions, which the game lets you do at as your protagonist often sits down, takes a breather, then she goes all emo and the music cranks up.

Loading Video...

One such occasion was the point where I will admit, I broke down. I'll never go into spoilers but it all adds up to the most heart wrenching things I have ever seen in a video-game, I ended up having to look away and take a break on a couple of occasions and I couldn't stop my eyes swelling (It sounds like I'm exaggerating but they ended up having to set up a dedicated counselling site as a lot of young girls got heavily effected from it).

I loved the smooth electro pop track they featured that wouldn't sound out of place in the movie 'Drive', it doesn't have a YouTube video to it unfortunately. It's not listed on the OST but I can assure you its in the game, it's a hidden track that you hear on a couple of occasions depending on choices (once in Evans dorm room and I heard it play silently from the TV when you go downstairs after lesbians with Chloe xxx). It's called Drifting By and it took some serious digging to find it. The only way you can listen to it without buying the track is by going to Audio Network and clicking on the play button on the top track highlighted on that link, or playing the freaking game! It probably sounded too different to the rest of the music so they kept it very separate.

Dontnod sure know how to pick their music. Get working on season 2 you bastards. I've got this empty void that needs filling after I finished it and I've had to break from gaming until Fallout 4, where I'm putting all my hopes.