The Oscars are tonight !

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

F1_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 F1_2004
Member since 2003 • 8009 Posts
anybody watching the Oscars right now? The jokes are friggin painful to watch... these presenters are rough...
Jazz_Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Jazz_Fan
Member since 2008 • 29516 Posts
anybody watching the Oscars right now? The jokes are friggin painful to watch... these presenters are rough...F1_2004
Play the drinking game! Here is the list! Scroll down. :P
Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16880 Posts

We got a stickied thread up top for all of your Oscar night needs. :D

pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#54 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

I am going to be honest and say that I will sleep and find out the results tomorrow.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#55 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts
If Avatar wins best director or best picture, I'm gonna go into full-on rage mode. The Hurt Locker/Bigelow deserves both awards. Avatar is just one of the nominees because of how much money it made. It's the most criminally overrated movie of all time. Absolutely no substance to it whatsoever.
F1_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 F1_2004
Member since 2003 • 8009 Posts
Hurt Locker is an over-rated piece of BS. All the hype it's getting for best movie of the year is undeserved. At least Avatar was entertaining.
tman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#57 tman93
Member since 2006 • 7769 Posts
Out of the noms. for Best Picture I hope Up or District 9 win, cause those are the only movies I saw on the list that I would consider truely "great" movies. Avatar was amazing but it wasn't the best movie in terms of story or anything of the year and the Hurt Locker was good but not the best.
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 princeofshapeir

It's sad how people on this website don't know anything about Film. The movies this year are terrible compared to the movies of the past years that were nominated. Is hating Avatar the cool thing with kids these days, because Avatar is the only really great movie this year that deserves to win in every category it's nominated for, especially Best Picture. The Hurt Locker was good, but It's not Oscar good, there just weren't any real great movies this year. The Hurt Locker really shows how arrogant Americans are. They glorify American deaths, but whenever anybody else dies that's not American, who cares. And it really shows how cocky those soldiers are in real life.

MasterKingMP
Avatar doesn't have any of the qualities of an Oscar-deserving movie. The plot is cliched, rehashed, and the acting is sub-par, and the only redeeming qualities are the CG effects and 3D. Everyone's toting it as such an amazing movie, but it's really just because they aren't used to seeing realistic CGI in movies. The Hurt Locker was just lean acting and solid action. Each gunshot and explosion makes you recoil, and the overall theme of the movie is simply thought-provoking.
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 princeofshapeir
[QUOTE="F1_2004"]Hurt Locker is an over-rated piece of BS. All the hype it's getting for best movie of the year is undeserved. At least Avatar was entertaining.[/QUOTE I fell asleep while watching Avatar, because it was riddled with action cliches and was modeled off of Pocahontas or Dances with Wolves. They just stick in some CG effects and add some 3D, and everyone thinks it's so amazing despite the fact that the only reason people like it is because of the special effects. The Hurt Locker actually has a plot that is meaningful, and a message that is thought-provoking and meaningful. Avatar has none of these qualities.