The Game of Thrones books - are they worth spending the money on and reading?

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tryagainlater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#51 tryagainlater
Member since 2005 • 7446 Posts

The books are cheap as now anyway. If you don't want to spend the small amount of money, get them from a library.

As for spending the time; yes, yes and more yes. The series is epic. The books are long, sort of averages about 800 pages per book. Only crap thing is having to wait for the next one (I'm glad I didn't start reading them when they first came out, I can't imagine having to wait between every book) which won't be out until next year or 2014.

October_Tide
I may be a pessimist but I'm quite certain we won't get the sixth book until 2015 at the very very earliest.
THGarrett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#52 THGarrett
Member since 2003 • 2574 Posts

Yes, definitely.

Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 Film-Guy
Member since 2007 • 26778 Posts

[QUOTE="Film-Guy"]

It's one of the best book series I can think of. That being said though books 4 and 5 are much slower paced than the others. Not a lot happens compared to the first 3. They are still really good, but in a different way.

Chutebox

4 sucked for me besides the ending...5 was one of my favorites. I thought a good deal happens in 5.

I agree that 5 is more active then 4, but I will say that the Dany chapters dragged on a bit long. After a while she became a bit annoying. Hopefully she will actually do something more interesting than staying in one city for way too long.