The Conjuring is getting a spinoff.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

User Lists: 0

#1 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Here's the trailer.

Don't know how I feel about this. I despised the Conjuring (thought it was a generic, useless piece of shit) but I will say that the doll in it was pretty creepy. Might actually be interested to see what it's about at least, but I don't think I have high hopes for this one.

Thoughts?

Master_Live

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2 Master_Live
Member since 2004 • 20510 Posts

I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment that The Conjuring was a piece of shit of movie. This just looks like more of the same.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

'The Conjuring' was great. This looks pointless.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44577 Posts

Nice, I didn't like the Conjuring like everybody else did, I mean I enjoyed it but it was nowhere as good as the hype of the time suggests. But I remember thinking the paranormal researchers with that room full of possessed relics had potential for more stories. Funny though they should make a sequel about the doll though, it was kind of already featured in the first film. I'll watch it though.

Anyhow, Wikipedia says they're making this as well as a Conjuring sequel. I'm confused though. In the Conjuring those women let the demon into the doll thinking it was a ghost, then they went to the paranormal investigators, and they then had the doll in lockup. Anyhow, hope it's not too sucky, it could do damage to the real upcoming sequel.

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By turtlethetaffer

@lamprey263 said:

Nice, I didn't like the Conjuring like everybody else did, I mean I enjoyed it but it was nowhere as good as the hype of the time suggests. But I remember thinking the paranormal researchers with that room full of possessed relics had potential for more stories. Funny though they should make a sequel about the doll though, it was kind of already featured in the first film. I'll watch it though.

Anyhow, Wikipedia says they're making this as well as a Conjuring sequel. I'm confused though. In the Conjuring those women let the demon into the doll thinking it was a ghost, then they went to the paranormal investigators, and they then had the doll in lockup. Anyhow, hope it's not too sucky, it could do damage to the real upcoming sequel.

I didn't find a single redeeming quality of the first movie. Literally everything in has been done a million times before, and done better. It was boring and stupid. At least with the spinoff it looks like there might be a more human element to it judging from the trailer.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SaintLeonidas

@turtlethetaffer said:

I didn't find a single redeeming quality of the first movie. Literally everything in has been done a million times before, and done better. It was boring and stupid. At least with the spinoff it looks like there might be a more human element to it judging from the trailer.

Oh, you mean when EVERYONE died? LMAO.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

@Master_Live said:

I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiment that The Conjuring was a piece of shit of movie. This just looks like more of the same.

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

Absolutely LOVE The Conjuring. Don't care that it wasn't the most original film. It still managed to be the scariest movie I have seen and I think it completely raised the bar for the haunted house genre.

Will likely check out this spinoff. Hope it doesn't suck. More interested in the sequel though.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SaintLeonidas

@LostProphetFLCL said:

Don't care that it wasn't the most original film.

But horror movies have to be original! Hence why the TC is so interested to see a movie about a serial killer's soul entering a dolls body...

XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts

I thought the first one was okay. Just your run-of-the-mill cheap horror movie. I kind of have a thing against dolls though. Chucky is okay because he's cartoonish, but after watching Dead Silence I can't stand anything to do with dolls or dummies. I'll probably watch it though.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#11 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

Not into horror movies and I never watched the Conjuring, so not interested.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#12 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

These kind of movies are just a noise fest.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44577 Posts

@turtlethetaffer said:

"literally"? I think you mean figuratively.

It doesn't have to be a deep masterpiece, just enjoyable, can't go out and reinvent the wheel, sometimes formulaic works for some things just to achieve a decent level of entertainment. I'm not defending it as great or anything, the movie was awfully hyped when it came out and even after. I didn't think it was great, but it was entertaining.

I love horror movies, and I've done my fair share of scraping the bottom of the barrel with all the shit on Netflix. Compared to that the Conjuring wasn't that bad. Just finding something that isn't truly awful is enough for me to be satisfied.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#14 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

The conjuring was a decent film not the best but it was watchable so ill be paying attention this film.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
deactivated-5b797108c254e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#15  Edited By deactivated-5b797108c254e
Member since 2013 • 11245 Posts

The conjuring was not that bad, but I can never get into the mood with horror movies; I find them entertaining but the "horror" is never there for me. It's all blablabla, jump scare.

That being said, so far Anabelle (the movie, not the doll...well, the doll too, but the actual one is hillarious XD) looks terrible....

@SaintLeonidas said:

@LostProphetFLCL said:

Don't care that it wasn't the most original film.

But horror movies have to be original! Hence why the TC is so interested to see a movie about a serial killer's soul entering a dolls body...

Touché XD

@lamprey263: Sadly enough, thanks to Merriam-Webster, literally can now mean figuratively as well >_>

jasean79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jasean79
Member since 2005 • 2593 Posts

I liked the Conjuring, saw it in the movies which helped with the scare factor. Not a big fan of horror movies, but this one was actually decent. Would I see a spinoff? Probably not.

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 turtlethetaffer

@SaintLeonidas: When I said it looks like it might not suck I meant that it looks like the doll could be the catalyst for events but not the cause.

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 turtlethetaffer

@lamprey263 said:

@turtlethetaffer said:

"literally"? I think you mean figuratively.

It doesn't have to be a deep masterpiece, just enjoyable, can't go out and reinvent the wheel, sometimes formulaic works for some things just to achieve a decent level of entertainment. I'm not defending it as great or anything, the movie was awfully hyped when it came out and even after. I didn't think it was great, but it was entertaining.

I love horror movies, and I've done my fair share of scraping the bottom of the barrel with all the shit on Netflix. Compared to that the Conjuring wasn't that bad. Just finding something that isn't truly awful is enough for me to be satisfied.

No I do mean literally. I get that not all movies have to be original, and that formulaic movies can, in fact, work.I get that. But the hype surrounding the movie made me hate it more simply because the haunted house/ exorcism movie sub genre is already over saturated and Conjuring did nothing (at least in my eyes) to make it even a smidge unpredictable. Every single scare, plot point, character act was easily predictable.

And predictable movies can work sometimes too. But with this one, it just didn't. IDK. Maybe I'm bitter because it got so much attention and people ere acting like it was wildly original when it wasn't at all. That and it overshadowed the amazing movie that is You're Next. You're Next took genre cliches and flipped them on their head, while The Conjuring was about by the book as a haunted house/ exorcism movie can be.

helwa1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 helwa1988
Member since 2007 • 2157 Posts

The real story of the conjuring is actually scarier than the movie. Ed and Lorraine warren actually wrote a book about all their demon experiences. Even if you are not a believer in it, the book will definitely creep you out.