Teenager has stomach removed after drinking LN2 cocktail

• 120 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nunovlopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 nunovlopes
Member since 2009 • 2638 Posts

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="l4dak47"] No, of course not. thegerg

So then it's not killing you on the spot.

If you drink enough alcohol it will kill you on the spot, just like if you drink enough liquid nitrogen it'll kill you on the spot.

LOL

Every death is on the spot by that logic. That's not the meaning I was intending and you know it. Stop being a smartass.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#102 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

She drank it wrong. Liquid nitrogen is common in drinks and when you drink it it's meant to float right above your tongue and evaporate soon after. You're not supposed to swallow it.

nunovlopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 nunovlopes

She drank it wrong. Liquid nitrogen is common in drinks and when you drink it it's meant to float right above your tongue and evaporate soon after. You're not supposed to swallow it.

Aljosa23

:lol:

Won't that freeze your tongue?!

nunovlopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 nunovlopes

Aljosa23

Maybe she enjoyed swallowing?

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist:lol:

I know, I'm a horrible person.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#105 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

[QUOTE="JohnF111"][QUOTE="Kamekazi_69"]

Why are people calling her out? YES, there are people that do not know how potentially dangerous Dry Ice, and Liquid Nitrogen is yet they put it in their drinks like its something cool and to laugh about.

I don't see anyone here not injesting food riddled with hormones, artificial colors, preservatives, fillers, hydrogenated oils yet you eat it because its called food.

Give me a break. education is a factor, but the people who gave her the drink without warning her should be held accountable as well.

nunovlopes

There's a difference between consuming artificial additives and drinking a laboratory chemical that any idiot knowns is about the coldest thing on the planet, I can't believe you're here telling us that she had no idea what she was doing, she knew exactly what she was doing purely because it's dangerous and edgy. You say it like the bar has an obligation to warn everyone of the obvious dangers imposed by drinking the drink. It's simple common sense, nothing to do with education what so ever. If she was handed a drink full of nails should she also be told of the dangers of drinking it? Again common sense.

Wow, are you for real?

Go buy bleach, poison or any dangerous thing. There are huge warnings all over the container saying how dangerous it is to drink it. If a bar is selling a drink that can kill you on the spot they have the f*ckin obligation to put a disclaimer on it.

Cooking with LN is fashionable now, and it's safe, if you doit properly. So it's not unreasonable to assume she thought it to be safe.

So if I read "Bleach cocktail" on a drink menu but there's no labels or warning stickers then I can consider it to be safe? Common sense......
nunovlopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 nunovlopes

So if I read "Bleach cocktail" on a drink menu but there's no labels or warning stickers then I can consider it to be safe? Common sense......JohnF111

Sure, a cocktail's name means nothing, it's often meant to shock people. Or do you think a bloody mary comes with a girl named Mary that is covered in blood?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

:lol:

Won't that freeze your tongue?!

nunovlopes

Naw. You wait a bit to drink it which this chick clearly didn't do.

oh well, YOLO

MrMr-x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 MrMr-x2
Member since 2012 • 89 Posts
I wonder if they can remove brains?
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts
Naw. You wait a bit to drink it which this chick clearly didn't do.

oh well, YOLOAljosa23

In which case, at the very least there needs to be some disclaimer that drinking it the wrong way will kill you.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#110 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts
it would be interesting to know if the drink is inherently dangerous or if she did something stupid like weeze the juice straight from the liquid nitrogen tap
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

[QUOTE="nunovlopes"]

[QUOTE="JohnF111"] There's a difference between consuming artificial additives and drinking a laboratory chemical that any idiot knowns is about the coldest thing on the planet, I can't believe you're here telling us that she had no idea what she was doing, she knew exactly what she was doing purely because it's dangerous and edgy. You say it like the bar has an obligation to warn everyone of the obvious dangers imposed by drinking the drink. It's simple common sense, nothing to do with education what so ever. If she was handed a drink full of nails should she also be told of the dangers of drinking it? Again common sense.JohnF111

Wow, are you for real?

Go buy bleach, poison or any dangerous thing. There are huge warnings all over the container saying how dangerous it is to drink it. If a bar is selling a drink that can kill you on the spot they have the f*ckin obligation to put a disclaimer on it.

Cooking with LN is fashionable now, and it's safe, if you doit properly. So it's not unreasonable to assume she thought it to be safe.

So if I read "Bleach cocktail" on a drink menu but there's no labels or warning stickers then I can consider it to be safe? Common sense......

Sure. Names are meaningless. Just like if you read "Irish Car Bomb" on a bar menu you can assume it's safe.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 deactivated-5b1e62582e305

[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]Naw. You wait a bit to drink it which this chick clearly didn't do.

oh well, YOLOMrGeezer

In which case, at the very least there needs to be some disclaimer that drinking it the wrong way will kill you.

Yeah, sure. Though I imagine if you're considering a liquid nitrogen drink chances are you already know how to properly ingest it.

Avatar image for deactivated-598fc45371265
deactivated-598fc45371265

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#113 deactivated-598fc45371265
Member since 2008 • 13247 Posts

What ever happened to Pina Coladas, Singapore Slings, and Mai Tais? Why are we even discussing putting LN2 in cocktails?

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 MrGeezer
Yeah, sure. Though I imagine if you're considering a liquid nitrogen drink chances are you already know how to properly ingest it.Aljosa23
That's one possibility. Another simply being that you're just out at the bar for drinks and want to try something different.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#115 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="l4dak47"] No, of course not. thegerg

So then it's not killing you on the spot.

If you drink enough alcohol it will kill you on the spot, just like if you drink enough liquid nitrogen it'll kill you on the spot.

Holy smokes Thats almost as stupid as what I said How the fvck are they at all comparable You drink enough water it will kill you on the spot What is the point you are trying to make?
Avatar image for CreasianDevaili
CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 CreasianDevaili
Member since 2005 • 4429 Posts
[QUOTE="nunovlopes"]

[QUOTE="CreasianDevaili"][QUOTE="nunovlopes"]

Maybe she wasn't aware of it... Do you know every single ingredient that went into every single cocktail you had in your lifetime?

When I go to a store to buy a drink, and look at some fancy new kind of drink, I pick it up and turn it around. There is this list of the main ingredients. Lets you know if it has a bunch of crap in it. I always ask whats in something that is different than the norm. If something is said to have some INSANE kick in it, then yes I wanna know what gives it that kick.

If i ever asked and someone said there was Liquid Nitrogen in the drink, I'd not drink it.

I needed to stay up for awhile. So i picked up a 5 hour energy from a gas station. I got home and read more on it before i drank it. Same with any type of pep me upper for keeping me awake. Thats called common sense.

Doesn't change the fact that the bar should not be selling stuff that can kill you on the spot...

And really, are you telling me every single time that you go to a bar with friends, you check the ingredient list of a cocktail? Kids are hanging out, maybe a bit drunk already, I think it's understandable they don't remember to check the ingredient list.

I mean, it would be one thing if this happened because the girl was allergic to something in the cocktail and didn't care to check, but this is something else.

I don't go to bars. I grew up around family to mixed their own drinks. Growing up in Ohio they had to go to west virginia to buy stuff that was banned from sale in Ohio. Know people who mixed wrong and died. I grew up with a mentality such as that and so yes, I'd always ask. I am not blaming the girl solely. I am saying there is a void of common sense on the establishment and the girl if fault has to be given. Liquid Nitrogen can really mess you up. Just a small miscalculation in application can be harmful/fatal.

It does not make you a puss for asking the bar tender whats in that mixed drink. Also it is expected for the consumer to utilize information at hand or request it. I have a distillery background. So my view is different than yours. You may see it as regulation being laxed, but I see it as personal responsibility being let go. If it comes to light that she asked and wasn't fully informed, then yes it is entirely the establishment's fault.

The establishment can be fined, bartender taken to jail, but both will go away/end. You die, you're dead. What in the hell is wrong with you people to not understand that? There is absolutely no excuse. NONE. If this was 15-20 years ago she'd be dead right now.
tryagainlater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#119 tryagainlater
Member since 2005 • 7446 Posts

Well, that's idiotic. Still can't help feel sorry for the teenager a little bit.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 MrGeezer
[QUOTE="CreasianDevaili"] I don't go to bars. I grew up around family to mixed their own drinks. Growing up in Ohio they had to go to west virginia to buy stuff that was banned from sale in Ohio. Know people who mixed wrong and died. I grew up with a mentality such as that and so yes, I'd always ask. I am not blaming the girl solely. I am saying there is a void of common sense on the establishment and the girl if fault has to be given. Liquid Nitrogen can really mess you up. Just a small miscalculation in application can be harmful/fatal.

It does not make you a puss for asking the bar tender whats in that mixed drink. Also it is expected for the consumer to utilize information at hand or request it. I have a distillery background. So my view is different than yours. You may see it as regulation being laxed, but I see it as personal responsibility being let go. If it comes to light that she asked and wasn't fully informed, then yes it is entirely the establishment's fault.

The establishment can be fined, bartender taken to jail, but both will go away/end. You die, you're dead. What in the hell is wrong with you people to not understand that? There is absolutely no excuse. NONE. If this was 15-20 years ago she'd be dead right now.

Do you also know every single ingredient that goes into every single thing you eat, and what every single one of those ingredients is? Because...that's really the exact same thing.