Teen snitches on parents for growing weed in backyard

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Aljosa23 (25994 posts) -

A North Canterbury teenager surprised police twice at the weekend - first when she phoned them to report cannabis growing in her back garden and second when she told them she believed either one or both of her parents were responsible.

A police spokesman said the 18-year-old called police on Saturday after finding two large cannabis plants "nestled amongst the shrubs" in the Woodend property.

The girl's parents were away for the Easter break and she had found the plants with visiting friends.

The spokesman said she made the decision to phone police immediately.

Police seized the plants that day.

He said the plants were about 1.5 metres tall and were "near harvest".

The spokesman applauded the girl "for her stand against drugs" in the "catch-22" situation.

"She was confronted with an ethical dilemma. So often we say the older generation are wiser than the younger. Maybe we didn't get that right."

He said the parents would be interviewed by police in coming days, and they were aware the plants had been seized.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/8500641/Teen-dobs-in-parents-over-cannabis

lmao what a nerd

#2 Posted by Flubbbs (3592 posts) -

parents should kick her out of the house

#3 Posted by JML897 (33133 posts) -
:| Is that really something worth straining your relationship with your parents over?
#4 Posted by XilePrincess (13130 posts) -
Why would you tell the police? I'd just rip the plants out and throw them in the garbage or compost. I'm assuming NZ is more lenient with stuff like pot than the US is, but still. Where would you live if your parents went to jail for possession? Or lost their jobs? She's not smart, she's just a smart-ass.
#5 Posted by MrGeezer (57095 posts) -

parents should kick her out of the house

Flubbbs
Maybe her parents were already kicking her out of the house, and this was her revenge.
#6 Posted by dave123321 (34371 posts) -
little narc
#7 Posted by junglist101 (5462 posts) -

Stupid bitch.

#8 Posted by Fightingfan (38011 posts) -
I love how they're applauding her for the deed. Lets be real, drugs shouldn't be illegal. I hope that girl can make it on her own.
#9 Posted by Wolfetan (7522 posts) -

What an awful kid. If I was in that situation I would call them up and discuss with them, but not the f*cking cops..

#10 Posted by jimkabrhel (15432 posts) -

I'm indifferent when it comes to pot, but you talk to your parents about it first before calling the cops. That's a pretty low move.

#11 Posted by -Fromage- (10536 posts) -
Smart girl .Dont overlook illegal activity because its your irresponsible parents involved.
#12 Posted by Wolfetan (7522 posts) -
Smart girl .Dont overlook illegal activity because its your irresponsible parents involved.-Fromage-
Your parents must've loved you.
#13 Posted by ristactionjakso (6115 posts) -

I would have sold the plants lol.

#14 Posted by Renevent42 (5683 posts) -
This is obviously a case of revenge, not being a good samaritan.
#15 Posted by Kats_RK (2080 posts) -

What a waste of weed.She should have smoked it instead.

#16 Posted by AncientDozer (8129 posts) -
I hope her parents go to jail and she's left all alone and unable to take care of herself. That will make things hilarious and ironic and teach a valuable lesson on life choices. And Irony.
#17 Posted by ghoklebutter (19327 posts) -
I really hope I never end up raising a kid like her.
#18 Posted by redstorm72 (4631 posts) -

Kind of a douchey thing to do, but thats what the parents get for growing illegal substances in their back yard. The parents have nobody to blame but themselves.

#20 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6870 posts) -
Son, I am disappoint.
#21 Posted by jdc6305 (4026 posts) -

I hate drug addicts I would have done the same thing if my parents pissed me off.

#22 Posted by JML897 (33133 posts) -

I hate drug addicts I would have done the same thing if my parents pissed me off.

jdc6305
Even if you were living under their roof? That would backfire on you pretty badly
#23 Posted by airshocker (30978 posts) -

That's a pretty petty thing to get your parents in trouble over. I mean, why not just throw the plants away?

#24 Posted by Capitan_Kid (6634 posts) -
Smart girl .Dont overlook illegal activity because its your irresponsible parents involved.-Fromage-
This. She upheld justice. Even when her own parents were the criminals. She should be proud.
#25 Posted by Necrifer (10629 posts) -

[QUOTE="-Fromage-"]Smart girl .Dont overlook illegal activity because its your irresponsible parents involved.Capitan_Kid
This. She upheld justice. Even when her own parents were the criminals. She should be proud.

lol

#26 Posted by tjricardo089 (7429 posts) -

I wish my parents grew weed on the backyard..

#27 Posted by FinalFighters (1926 posts) -
What a B!tch.
#28 Posted by FinalFighters (1926 posts) -

jdc6305
Says the guy with a "Breaking Bad" avatar lol
#29 Posted by kingkong0124 (8329 posts) -

lol what a noob

#30 Posted by shadowkiller11 (7956 posts) -
The spokesman applauded the girl "for her stand against drugs" in the "catch-22" situation.Aljosa23
I'd drink to that.
#31 Posted by Canuck3000 (40562 posts) -
Seems counter productive
#32 Posted by Oleg_Huzwog (21885 posts) -

I'm more interested in the phrase "dob in" as a synonym for snitch.  I like the sound of it.  Is that just a New Zealand thing?

#33 Posted by Wolfetan (7522 posts) -

I wish my parents grew weed on the backyard..

tjricardo089
#34 Posted by brickdoctor (9746 posts) -

I don't condone growing weed in your backyard, but she honestly never thought of talking about this with her parents first? And it'd be one thing to narc on someone you don't know or a neighbor or something, but those are the people who raised you... give them a break.

#35 Posted by Stesilaus (3549 posts) -

The girl's parents were away for the Easter break and she had found the plants with visiting friends.

Artice

The parents can simply claim that, in their absence, their daughter or her visiting friends "planted" the evidence as an act of spite.

That may well be what really happened.

#36 Posted by FuggaJ (318 posts) -
what a little nidiot
#37 Posted by Ninja-Hippo (23433 posts) -
She sounds like a really uptight kid. Could easily solve that problem....
#38 Posted by Rich3232 (2628 posts) -
what a cvnt.
#39 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34323 posts) -

Can't say I'm sympathetic for the parents, Though it probuably wasn't wise of the girl to girl snitch on her parents considering she lives/lived under their roof. family events are going to be alot more awkward I imagine.

#40 Posted by fueled-system (6340 posts) -
[QUOTE="jdc6305"]

JML897
Even if you were living under their roof? That would backfire on you pretty badly

They are adults, they should have known better in the first place. Oh well the parents get what they deserve.
#41 Posted by FuggaJ (318 posts) -
Why is everyone acting like weed is meth?
#42 Posted by Laihendi (5834 posts) -
If the parents had actually been doing something wrong then it would have right for her to report them, but to report them for growing a plant is stupid.
#43 Posted by kuraimen (28078 posts) -
Why is everyone acting like weed is meth?FuggaJ
Why are many acting as if the law is always good? Anyways I would have disowned her and put her for adoption.
#44 Posted by sonicare (53620 posts) -

Nobody likes a snitch.

#45 Posted by Wolfetan (7522 posts) -
[QUOTE="FuggaJ"]Why is everyone acting like weed is meth?kuraimen
Why are many acting as if the law is always good? Anyways I would have disowned her and put her for adoption.

Don't have to put her up for adoption, you can kick her a** outta there, shes 18. Have fun living, b*tch!
#46 Posted by TreyoftheDead (7982 posts) -

If she had that much of a problem with them, she should have just destroyed them.

Filthy rat.

#47 Posted by sonicare (53620 posts) -

How did you even find this article?  It's in New Zealand.

#48 Posted by Aljosa23 (25994 posts) -

How did you even find this article?  It's in New Zealand.

sonicare

Another forum I go to. That's where I get most of the outlandish stuff

#49 Posted by m25105 (3135 posts) -
Man that's some low stuff there, snitching on your parents. I mean if it was heroine or something, yeah ok, I understand. But weed? Beer is more dangerous for crying out loud.
#50 Posted by N30F3N1X (8065 posts) -

You pirate games, you're a thief/rationalize theft

You report drug brewers, and you're a nerd

Coherence isn't your strong point, is it Alj?