Tax and Regulate Marijuana For Adults

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Diablo112688

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Diablo112688
Member since 2003 • 8345 Posts

Don't you think it's a little sad that you are trying to convince people why marijuana should be legal..on a gaming forum?starwarsgeek112

This is OT.. rarely are games discussed here.  If you are not interested in the topic, one must wonder why the hell you post.   

Avatar image for Lothar121_basic
Lothar121_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Lothar121_basic
Member since 2003 • 323 Posts

[QUOTE="Lothar121_basic"]Well I agree nothing is for sure, but with that same attitude we would never legislate a thing and the status quo would remain the same forever.Diablo112688

You kind of missed what I was saying. I am not saying not to try something new because it may not work. Go for it I say. I was just stating the fact that it may not work.

And after everything I have said, I will even admit that it may not work. But I think there is a very high probability that it will and wouldn't advocate for it if I didn't.
AL13NK1LL3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#53 AL13NK1LL3R
Member since 2005 • 1394 Posts
the reason why the gov't illegize the pot cause they cant make money and its natural so.. thats why they keep the cigs legal so they can make money
Lothar121_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Lothar121_basic
the reason why the gov't illegize the pot cause they cant make money and its natural so.. thats why they keep the cigs legal so they can make money AL13NK1LL3R
It's not a conspiracy why marijuana is illegal. The reason it's illegal is because the majority of the American public opposes marijuana legalization. I assure you the government could make a killing off of legalization. http://www.prohibitioncosts.org
romocop33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 romocop33
Member since 2005 • 2755 Posts
colorado tried to legalize it statewide in the last elections but the measure was defeated like 60%-40%. either way, possession of up to an ounce, which includes cultivation for personal use and transfer without sale is a class 2 petty offense (the lowest offense) with a maximum penalty of a $100 fine. it's basically like a traffic ticket.
Lothar121_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Lothar121_basic
colorado tried to legalize it statewide in the last elections but the measure was defeated like 60%-40%. either way, possession of up to an ounce, which includes cultivation for personal use and transfer without sale is a class 2 petty offense (the lowest offense) with a maximum penalty of a $100 fine. it's basically like a traffic ticket.romocop33
Yeah, I heard about the Colorado measure. I think it ended up being 41% actually when all was counted. However, that's a start considering in 1986 only 20% of the public would even entertain the idea.
AL13NK1LL3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 AL13NK1LL3R

100,000 people die from Ciggarette use every year.

In the UK there has only ever been 2 recorded deaths related to the use of cannabis.

So yea...you tell me why Ciggarettes are legal and Cannabis is illegal.

Brainkiller05

the reason why is so the gov't can make money from cigs easly and the pot, well its natural grown so. they illegalized it.. cause they cant make money out of it  

AL13NK1LL3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 AL13NK1LL3R

colorado tried to legalize it statewide in the last elections but the measure was defeated like 60%-40%. either way, possession of up to an ounce, which includes cultivation for personal use and transfer without sale is a class 2 petty offense (the lowest offense) with a maximum penalty of a $100 fine. it's basically like a traffic ticket.romocop33

IK, we're gettin closer closer to legalize the pot!! woo woo lol colorado is teh best state IMO 

musicXpirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 musicXpirate
Member since 2005 • 3040 Posts
Legalizing marijuana would greatly stop the selling of other drugs, and reduce crime. Everyone would be flying high.
Hexum-311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Hexum-311
Member since 2007 • 1158 Posts
Drug dealers don't card. I could buy weed from age 10 and up. I could buy alcohol from age 21 and up. Regulation is the best option if you are truly concerned with safety.
Hexum-311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Hexum-311
Member since 2007 • 1158 Posts
Don't you think it's a little sad that you are trying to convince people why marijuana should be legal..on a gaming forum?starwarsgeek112
I don't know what kind of gamers you hang out with but EVERYONE I know that is a gamer smokes weed...and tons of it. Then again...come to think of it...I don't know anyone who doesn't smoke weed.
Lothar121_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Lothar121_basic
[QUOTE="Brainkiller05"]

100,000 people die from Ciggarette use every year.

In the UK there has only ever been 2 recorded deaths related to the use of cannabis.

So yea...you tell me why Ciggarettes are legal and Cannabis is illegal.

AL13NK1LL3R

the reason why is so the gov't can make money from cigs easly and the pot, well its natural grown so. they illegalized it.. cause they cant make money out of it

That doesn't make any sense at all. Are you serious? Did you read the thread?
jakecufc8888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#63 jakecufc8888
Member since 2006 • 2381 Posts

[QUOTE="jakecufc8888"]Good points, it's a conspiracy I say. But I may be crazy. They probably illegalize it because it causes you to be more relaxed, so you do less work, then they get less money. Teh evils!!!!Lothar121_basic
It may have been some type of conspiracy how it was originally prohibited back in 1937, but the reason it's illegal now is because the majority of the public opposes legalization.

Yeah, but the conspiracy would have started and made people think it was horrible. I'm in school and they say tons of crazy **** and group it with heroin and that junk. They pull they old gateway excuse.

irtaylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 irtaylor
Member since 2007 • 347 Posts
Wasn't this the same topic that got locked yesterday.
ROLFCHANK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 ROLFCHANK
Member since 2006 • 1085 Posts
It is also so easy to get weed, do you people actually care about the impact it has on the economy and other things? I doubt it, 90% of you just want to get high without having to worry about getting caught. Diablo112688
i care about the effect prohibition has on the economy, ie, draining billions per year unsuccessfully trying to prevent people from getting it, paying to house people in jails for victimless crimes, and taking said people out of the workforce for a period of years and/or wrecking their lives.
FlippenBricks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 FlippenBricks
Member since 2007 • 129 Posts
nothing wrong with a little..herb now and then.
Lothar121_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Lothar121_basic
Wasn't this the same topic that got locked yesterday.irtaylor
Read the full thread. I addressed that and it appears that it was simply the title of my previous thread. Just keep it civil and it should stay open.
Donkey_Puncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Donkey_Puncher
Member since 2005 • 5083 Posts

It's only illegal still because of the massive propoganda wave known as the war on drugs and DARE.

If people opened their eyes and saw that Pot really isn't that big of a deal, smaller than alcohol, then maybe they'd change their mind.

MichaeltheCM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#69 MichaeltheCM
Member since 2005 • 22765 Posts
i know that weed is worse in terms of harmful effects and containing toxins than tobacco but it also has beneficial medicinal benefits so idk what to think about weed and i dont really care about it nor does it bother me when people use it. let people do whatever they want to their own bodies as long as im not affected
quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 quiglythegreat
Member since 2006 • 16886 Posts

[QUOTE="starwarsgeek112"]Don't you think it's a little sad that you are trying to convince people why marijuana should be legal..on a gaming forum?Diablo112688

This is OT.. rarely are games discussed here. If you are not interested in the topic, one must wonder why the hell you post.

Yeah, seriously. More esoteric things have been discussed, and far more inappropriate ones too.
Donkey_Puncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Donkey_Puncher
Member since 2005 • 5083 Posts
[QUOTE="Diablo112688"]

[QUOTE="starwarsgeek112"]Don't you think it's a little sad that you are trying to convince people why marijuana should be legal..on a gaming forum?quiglythegreat

This is OT.. rarely are games discussed here. If you are not interested in the topic, one must wonder why the hell you post.

Yeah, seriously. More esoteric things have been discussed, and far more inappropriate ones too.

Remembers the "Would you hit it threads"....

quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 quiglythegreat
Member since 2006 • 16886 Posts
[QUOTE="Diablo112688"]It is also so easy to get weed, do you people actually care about the impact it has on the economy and other things? I doubt it, 90% of you just want to get high without having to worry about getting caught. ROLFCHANK
i care about the effect prohibition has on the economy, ie, draining billions per year unsuccessfully trying to prevent people from getting it, paying to house people in jails for victimless crimes, and taking said people out of the workforce for a period of years and/or wrecking their lives.

Yeah. I am not at all pro-pot, however making it an illegal substance only creates new problems and exacerbates old ones. I know plenty of successful people (ok, good students, whatever) who smoke and have to have their money somehow go to some guy who's not too afraid to hurt other people if he can get away with it.
ROLFCHANK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 ROLFCHANK
Member since 2006 • 1085 Posts
[QUOTE="ROLFCHANK"][QUOTE="Diablo112688"]It is also so easy to get weed, do you people actually care about the impact it has on the economy and other things? I doubt it, 90% of you just want to get high without having to worry about getting caught. quiglythegreat

Yeah. I am not at all pro-pot, however making it an illegal substance only creates new problems and exacerbates old ones. I know plenty of successful people (ok, good students, whatever) who smoke and have to have their money somehow go to some guy who's not too afraid to hurt other people if he can get away with it.

same here, i know a number of people who smoke it throughout the week and are very responsible, college graduates, homeowners, etc. the idea that anyone who smokes pot is going to be a waste of space is silly. if youre like that, its not the pot. its you and your lack of motivation. but beyond that, you have to deal with the glaring fact that the war on drugs is a total failure and waste of money and ask whether the benefits (none in my opinion) justify the cost. we apply this test nearly everywhere except when it comes to stuff like drugs and prostitution.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#74 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts
I don't have much problem with the legality of marijuana.  If people want to do it fine, but I'm getting tired of all this BS about all the "benefits" of the drug.  People take marijuana to get high.  That's the appeal of it.  Yes, it does have some medical uses, but there are far better drugs out their to treat glaucoma, nausea, and appetite.
Lothar121_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Lothar121_basic
I don't have much problem with the legality of marijuana. If people want to do it fine, but I'm getting tired of all this BS about all the "benefits" of the drug. People take marijuana to get high. That's the appeal of it. Yes, it does have some medical uses, but there are far better drugs out their to treat glaucoma, nausea, and appetite.sonicare
You miss the point of medical marijuana. Drugs work differently for every patient. For a sub-population of patients, marijuana is the best drug for their particular position. They may not have responded well to opiates to treat their pain. For these patients, marijuana is the best medicine for them and they shouldn't suffer from arrest because they are following their doctor's orders to use the best medicine available to alleviate their symptoms. I leave you with this study: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/02/12/AR2007021201332.html "AIDS patients suffering from debilitating nerve pain got as much or more relief by smoking marijuana as they would typically get from prescription drugs -- and with fewer side effects -- according to a study conducted under rigorously controlled conditions with government-grown pot."