• 101 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Alaarajab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

User Lists: 0

#1 Alaarajab
Member since 2008 • 129 Posts
How can we stop wars to make the world a better place. Give me a couple of conclusions that can help our world from having less wars.
battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2 battlefront23
Member since 2006 • 12625 Posts
"So long as there are men, there will be wars." Albert Einstein
maccer101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 maccer101
Member since 2005 • 4257 Posts
cant happen, just let 'em play they're war games
mGard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 mGard
Member since 2004 • 679 Posts
Kill everybody
Avatar image for deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
deactivated-5901ac91d8e33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
Member since 2004 • 17092 Posts

I believe that human beings are inherently violent and that while this violence is repressed in normal society, it needs the occasional outlet provided by war.

I don't think it's possible...

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#6 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts
Just look at mankind's history. Across all races, cultures, etc. war has always existed. It's very rare to find any era of time where there wasn't same major armed conflict. Sad but true. Man is aggressive, territorial, and violent at times. I think war will always exist.
Avatar image for swizz-the-gamer
swizz-the-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 swizz-the-gamer
Member since 2005 • 8801 Posts

I believe that human beings are herently violent and that while this violence is repressed in normal society, it needs the occasional outlet provided by war.

jointed
Don't excuse war by saying it's in our nature. It has nothing to do with it. It's just rich people wanting to get richer.
battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 battlefront23
[QUOTE="jointed"]

I believe that human beings are herently violent and that while this violence is repressed in normal society, it needs the occasional outlet provided by war.

swizz-the-gamer

Don't exuse war by saying it's in our nature. It has nothing to do with it. It's just rich people wanting to get richer.

Nope he's right actually...

chazer127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 chazer127
Member since 2006 • 572 Posts
Sadly there will always be wars as long as there is at least 2 people on earth
swizz-the-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 swizz-the-gamer
[QUOTE="swizz-the-gamer"][QUOTE="jointed"]

battlefront23

Don't exuse war by saying it's in our nature. It has nothing to do with it. It's just rich people wanting to get richer.

So? It's in our nature to go around raping people, is that alright?
Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Deihmos
Member since 2007 • 7819 Posts
Its not possible. There will always be wars no matter what.
Alaarajab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Alaarajab
Thanks guys i understand better and more clearly.
battlefront23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 battlefront23
[QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="swizz-the-gamer"][QUOTE="jointed"]

swizz-the-gamer

All he's saying is its our nature to be violent, but I would put a step farther and say we are inherently evil...

Deihmos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Deihmos
Member since 2007 • 7819 Posts
[QUOTE="swizz-the-gamer"][QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="swizz-the-gamer"][QUOTE="jointed"]

battlefront23

All he's saying is its our nature to be violent, but I would put a step farther and say we are inherently evil...

Actually most conflicts are over religion not getting rich.

swizz-the-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 swizz-the-gamer
[QUOTE="swizz-the-gamer"][QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="swizz-the-gamer"][QUOTE="jointed"]

battlefront23

Is that how you want mankind to progress? Stop pretending things are okay just because it's repeated over and over in history. Why couldn't we be the generation that ends it?

chazer127

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 chazer127
Member since 2006 • 572 Posts
oh great, here come WW3
Alaarajab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Alaarajab
Exactly thats what im trying to say. We should be the ones that stop it so our next generations want to the sa,e.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
[QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="swizz-the-gamer"][QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="swizz-the-gamer"][QUOTE="jointed"]

swizz-the-gamer

Is that how you want mankind to progress? Stop pretending things are okay just because it's repeated over and over in history. Why couldn't we be the generation that ends it?

Look at the world's current problems...how the hell are you just going to "end it"?

Kcube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Kcube
Member since 2003 • 25398 Posts

I believe that human beings are inherently violent and that while this violence is repressed in normal society, it needs the occasional outlet provided by war.

jointed

Thats true but we also had to of gotten along long enough to form society back in the caveman type days.

swizz-the-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 swizz-the-gamer
[QUOTE="swizz-the-gamer"][QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="swizz-the-gamer"][QUOTE="battlefront23"][QUOTE="swizz-the-gamer"][QUOTE="jointed"]

jointed

Look at the world's current problems...how the hell are you just going to "end it"?

Oh sorry mate your making a great point. Lets just carry on, it's in our nature right?
Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts
I have no interest in stopping wars.
PurelogicsBack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#22 PurelogicsBack
Member since 2006 • 1029 Posts

"So long as there are men, there will be wars." Albert Einsteinbattlefront23

Well Spoken

Kcube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Kcube
Member since 2003 • 25398 Posts

[QUOTE="battlefront23"]"So long as there are men, there will be wars." Albert EinsteinPurelogicsBack

Well Spoken

Women fight in wars too
xSIZEMATTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 xSIZEMATTER
Member since 2008 • 7045 Posts
There must be War!
Alaarajab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Alaarajab
Guys just stop fighting i agree with both of your sides if that makes it ant better.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
Humans have been fighting since the year dot, and will always be fighting. When we're done fighting ourselves, we'll fight aliens. When we're done fighting them, we'll be back to fighting each other.
swizz-the-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 swizz-the-gamer
Humans have been fighting since the year dot, and will always be fighting. When we're done fighting ourselves, we'll fight aliens. When we're done fighting them, we'll be back to fighting each other. clyde46
Not true, our society is changing and progressing. Why not work towards unity of the world rather that advocating war because it's supposedly in our nature. So is stealing, rape, murder.etc But it's not okay.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 clyde46

[QUOTE="clyde46"]Humans have been fighting since the year dot, and will always be fighting. When we're done fighting ourselves, we'll fight aliens. When we're done fighting them, we'll be back to fighting each other. swizz-the-gamer
Not true, our society is changing and progressing. Why not work towards unity of the world rather that advocating war because it's supposedly in our nature. So is stealing, rape, murder.etc But it's not okay.

True but war seems to provide the kick in the a$$ for many people. Just look at all the advances that came out of WW2, yes some should not be repeted ever again.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33

[QUOTE="clyde46"]Humans have been fighting since the year dot, and will always be fighting. When we're done fighting ourselves, we'll fight aliens. When we're done fighting them, we'll be back to fighting each other. swizz-the-gamer

No-one is saying that we wouldn't work towards unity. We're just stating our opinions on why we don't think it will work....if you have some ideas on how to stop all wars then please...enlighten us.

hydralisk86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 hydralisk86
Member since 2006 • 8844 Posts
I think that as long as people are greedy, arrogant, or angry, that there will always be war. You can't stop wars if you have imperfect people.
effthat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 effthat
Member since 2007 • 2314 Posts

The story of Kane and Abel kind of leads me to believe that although it isn't something uncontrollable, it is a part of humanity starting at the second generation of humans.

Violence will never be eradicated. For every silly reason to go to war, there will be a group of silly people ready to fight. It is a part of the natural order of our existance. The only natural predator of humans is humans.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 clyde46
We English have had a fair few wars. Constantly fighting with France, conquering a quarter of the globe. and now were fighting each other in urban wars.
effthat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 effthat

[QUOTE="swizz-the-gamer"][QUOTE="clyde46"]Humans have been fighting since the year dot, and will always be fighting. When we're done fighting ourselves, we'll fight aliens. When we're done fighting them, we'll be back to fighting each other. jointed

No-one is saying that we wouldn't work towards unity. We're just stating our opinions on why we don't think it will work....if you have some ideas on how to stop all wars then please...enlighten us.

Look at the plethora of weapons designed since the dawn of time. Ever since we've gained the ability to use tools, we've been feeding our urge to destroy one another. Personally I think it's an accomplishment of our enlightened society that we have reached the population we have.

swizz-the-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 swizz-the-gamer

[QUOTE="swizz-the-gamer"][QUOTE="clyde46"]Humans have been fighting since the year dot, and will always be fighting. When we're done fighting ourselves, we'll fight aliens. When we're done fighting them, we'll be back to fighting each other. jointed

What a pathetic attitude to have. You don't think it will work? You don't think world peace will work? Ask yourself why that is. Wars throughout history are because corrupt and evil people are put into power. This is how you end it. It's easy for us to say from our computer chair that war is unstoppable and has to happen. But ask some Iraqi child or a child from Darfur. Makes me truly sick to see people with this attitude.
xSIZEMATTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 xSIZEMATTER
Member since 2008 • 7045 Posts
There will always be evil. So this dream you have of a perfect world is not gong to work.
The_Ish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 The_Ish
Member since 2006 • 13913 Posts
Simple. Just bow down to the God-Emperor.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 clyde46
[QUOTE="jointed"]

[QUOTE="swizz-the-gamer"][QUOTE="clyde46"]Humans have been fighting since the year dot, and will always be fighting. When we're done fighting ourselves, we'll fight aliens. When we're done fighting them, we'll be back to fighting each other. swizz-the-gamer

What a pathetic attitude to have. You don't think it will work? You don't think world peace will work? Ask yourself why that is. Wars throughout history are because corrupt and evil people are put into power. This is how you end it. It's easy for us to say from our computer chair that war is unstoppable and has to happen. But ask some Iraqi child or a child from Darfur. Makes me truly sick to see people with this attitude.

As much as i hate it, thats the way the world is run. Humans by nature are greedy and will try to get as much as possible for themselves. Just nowadays we have learned that we dont want other world war.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
[QUOTE="jointed"]

[QUOTE="swizz-the-gamer"][QUOTE="clyde46"]Humans have been fighting since the year dot, and will always be fighting. When we're done fighting ourselves, we'll fight aliens. When we're done fighting them, we'll be back to fighting each other. swizz-the-gamer

No, I don't think it will work and I've already answered why. People will always find something to quarrel about...

Just look at the Palestine conflict...it has nothing to do with corrupt leaders.

swizz-the-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 swizz-the-gamer

[QUOTE="swizz-the-gamer"][QUOTE="clyde46"]Humans have been fighting since the year dot, and will always be fighting. When we're done fighting ourselves, we'll fight aliens. When we're done fighting them, we'll be back to fighting each other. clyde46

As much as i hate it, thats the way the world is run. Humans by nature are greedy and will try to get as much as possible for themselves. Just nowadays we have learned that we dont want other world war.

We don't want another world war because people like me and you would be affected... Just shows how little we care about anyone but ourselves.
Frattracide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Frattracide
Member since 2005 • 5395 Posts
[QUOTE="jointed"]

You have yet to describe any sort of relevant solution. From the looks of your posts, you don't even grasp the concept of war.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 clyde46
Yes, but when people go into warzones to try and stop the fighting all it does is create more fighting as people dont want them to help. just look at Mogadishu, when the American tried to sort out the situation. They stired up the hornets nest.
swizz-the-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 swizz-the-gamer

[QUOTE="swizz-the-gamer"][QUOTE="clyde46"]Humans have been fighting since the year dot, and will always be fighting. When we're done fighting ourselves, we'll fight aliens. When we're done fighting them, we'll be back to fighting each other. Frattracide

You have yet to describe any sort of relevant solution. From the looks of your posts, you don't even grasp the concept of war.

What you want me to describe particular solutions to the many wars? I'm talking about war generally.
effthat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 effthat

No, I don't think it will work and I've already answered why. People will always find something to quarrel about...

Just look at the Palestine conflict...it has nothing to do with corrupt leaders.

Human beings are competitive. If every country made a pact to stop war than the person who break the pact first gains the most. Despite your Utopian dream, everyone will realize that and nobody will fully disarm and sooner or later the fragile peace will break.

Even if you disarm all hostile nations and oust every "evil" and "corrupt" world leader (which in and of itself would cause yet another world war). You will eventually have a rogue agent in the equation that isn't a world leader, but a leader of men. Alexander the Great and Adolf Hitler type folks who have no issues with waging war on anyone that stands in their way and leave a trail of blood, sweat, and tears.

Peace will never exist as long as humans exist. They are mutually exclusive.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 clyde46
The only soluation to war is when either side, surrenders or dies.
Alaarajab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Alaarajab
I agree that the world cant just stop fighting but i mean they can prevent it from happening. War doesent solve problems it makes it grow bigger. I think that we should just try to get along or we dont even have to get along we can just no fight.
Frattracide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Frattracide
Member since 2005 • 5395 Posts
[QUOTE="Frattracide"][QUOTE="swizz-the-gamer"][QUOTE="jointed"]

What you want me to describe particular solutions to the many wars? I'm talking about war generally.

First off, What business is it of yours if two groups of people want to fight. Secondly,

You come here telling people that they make you sick but have no sort of solution to offer. You are being judgemental about a concept you don't even understand. Can you even tell me what war is?

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 clyde46

I agree that the world cant just stop fighting but i mean they can prevent it from happening. War doesent solve problems it makes it grow bigger. I think that we should just try to get along or we dont even have to get along we can just no fight.Alaarajab

We will never get along. Just look at the relationship we (England) have with France. We've been scraping for 1000s of years. Even now we're doing it. An England VS France rugby game is one of the most hotly contested matchs.

Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

I agree that the world cant just stop fighting but i mean they can prevent it from happening. War doesent solve problems it makes it grow bigger. I think that we should just try to get along or we dont even have to get along we can just no fight.Alaarajab

I couldn't disagree more. Sometimes, war is the only solution.

swizz-the-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 swizz-the-gamer
[QUOTE="swizz-the-gamer"][QUOTE="Frattracide"][QUOTE="swizz-the-gamer"][QUOTE="jointed"]

[QUOTE="swizz-the-gamer"][QUOTE="clyde46"]Humans have been fighting since the year dot, and will always be fighting. When we're done fighting ourselves, we'll fight aliens. When we're done fighting them, we'll be back to fighting each other. Frattracide

First off, What business is it of yours if two groups of people want to fight. Secondly,

You come here telling people that they make you sick but have no sort of solution to offer. You are being judgemental about a concept you don't even understand. Can you even tell me what war is?

What business is it of mine... I really don't care if two armies want to go out into a field and fight. I care about the innocent people who get caught in the middle. I understand that there is evil in the world and war is most likely to continue. But having the attitude that there is nothing we can do about it and civilian casualties are just another statistic is plain wrong and you know it. So stop trying to catch me out on some definition of war while ignoring everything I say. It's easy enough to look at war as some necessity in society because we cannot feel the effects. But our opinions would be very different if we where in the middle of one.
swizz-the-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 swizz-the-gamer

[QUOTE="Alaarajab"]I agree that the world cant just stop fighting but i mean they can prevent it from happening. War doesent solve problems it makes it grow bigger. I think that we should just try to get along or we dont even have to get along we can just no fight.clyde46

We will never get along. Just look at the relationship we (England) have with France. We've been scraping for 1000s of years. Even now we're doing it. An England VS France rugby game is one of the most hotly contested matchs.

There is a difference between the relatively friendly rivalry we have with France and war.