So who is Jesus!? POLL

• 167 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

[QUOTE="Kevlar101"]:lol: 51% say he is just 'Some Jew' :lol:GrayF0X786

thats the ignorance of offtopic for ya

yeah unlike saying that there is a god with no proof at all and claiming a book written by humans and full of mistakes and contradictions is holy and godly.

Avatar image for hartsickdiscipl
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#102 hartsickdiscipl
Member since 2003 • 14787 Posts

Some Arab Jew that started a cult. Mary was probably banging one of the neighbors.Jebus213

Just that simple? Is that why people have been following his teachings for 2,000 years?

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

[QUOTE="Jebus213"]Some Arab Jew that started a cult. Mary was probably banging one of the neighbors.hartsickdiscipl

Just that simple? Is that why people have been following his teachings for 2,000 years?

Pretty much.
Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Jebus213
It's too bad that some cults don't end in suicide....
BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts

[QUOTE="BossPerson"][QUOTE="hartsickdiscipl"]

Jesus is the product of an artificial insemination. The human race was genetically engineered by aliens (Anunnaki in ancient Sumerian writings) and this was fairly commonplace if you read what's out there. Sometimes it was artificial, sometimes it was one of the "Gods" getting horny and knocking up a human woman. That's how Ziusudra (Noah) came to be. Check out the apocryphal text (er.. not really since it's in the Bible of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church) called the Book of Enoch. This type of thing is detailed in it. If you read the book you are treated to a blatantly obvious description of a UFO, aliens, and the Earth as a sphere.

In my view, Jesus may be the actual son of one of these original creators.

hartsickdiscipl

...what do you know of the Emerald Tablets?

Not enough. I will be reading up on them though. Thank you!

...you do that. Only then can you see the reptilians for who they are.... Also: Obama is related to the Queen.
Avatar image for CycleOfViolence
CycleOfViolence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 CycleOfViolence
Member since 2011 • 2813 Posts

He's some kid I went to elementary/middle/high school with. Not sure what he's up to these days.

kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 kingkong0124
Member since 2012 • 8329 Posts
[QUOTE="hartsickdiscipl"]

[QUOTE="BossPerson"]...what do you know of the Emerald Tablets?BossPerson

...you do that. Only then can you see the reptilians for who they are.... Also: Obama is related to the Queen.

I'm related to you.
BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts

[QUOTE="BossPerson"][QUOTE="hartsickdiscipl"]

kingkong0124

I'm related to you.

Well your Jewish, aren't you? You're probably not far off

If your nose is as big as mine is, you're close enough...

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Jebus213
Hey Zeus haha...
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#110 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts
A janitor that works the night shift at my Universities Library.
Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
[QUOTE="Jebus213"]Hey Zeus haha...

Zeus : Why you keep calling me Jésus? I look Puerto Rican to you? John McClane: Guy back there called you Jésus. Zeus : He didn't say Jésus. He said, "Hey, Zeus!" My name is Zeus. John McClane: Zeus? Zeus : Yeah, Zeus! As in, father of Apollo? Mt. Olympus? Don't f*ck with me or I'll shove a lightning bolt up your ass? Zeus! You got a problem with that? John McClane: No, I don't have a problem with that.
DeathnoteSz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 DeathnoteSz
Member since 2010 • 643 Posts

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

[QUOTE="VaguelyTagged"]

since there is an allah in your avy,it's none of your business who jesus was.

BluRayHiDef

if its none of my business, i am not a muslim.

Muslims claim to know the truth, but they know nothing. Islam is a religion of fear and violence. All the Quran does is make threats of eternal hellfire unless one submits. God does not bring people to him by threatening them, but by simply revealing himself. Punishment is merely a result of non-belief and unrigteousness, not a tool to extort people into believing. Furthermore, some Islamic/ Quranic doctrines are so anti-Biblical, so contrary to what God taught in the past through the Israelite prophets and the Apostles of Jesus, that they are certainly not from Yahweh, the God of Israel. Doctrines such as the immortality of the soul and eternal hellfire were not taught by the Prophets and the Apostles; the Prophets and the Apostles taught that man ceases to exist upon death and that those who are condemned on the Day of Judgement are sentenced to a permanent state of non-existence, not eternal anguish.

the irony :3
champion837

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 champion837
Member since 2012 • 1423 Posts

He is both the son and the creator.

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 BluRayHiDef
Member since 2009 • 10839 Posts
Jesus is the Christ (Messiah), the Firstborn of all creation (God's first creation, which is what makes him God's unique Son). As predicted in Daniel 9:24 - 27, he put an end to transgression/ sin (i.e. by sacrificing himself), and thus put an end to animal sacrifice. Also according to the aforementioned passage from Daniel, he put an end to prophecy (i.e. he was the last prophet), which leaves no room for Muhammad (womp, womp).
Avatar image for Obviously_Right
Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Obviously_Right
Member since 2011 • 5331 Posts

Jesus is the Christ (Messiah), the Firstborn of all creation (God's first creation, which is what makes him God's unique Son). As predicted in Daniel 9:24 - 27, he put an end to transgression/ sin (i.e. by sacrificing himself), and thus put an end to animal sacrifice. Also according to the aforementioned passage from Daniel, he put an end to prophecy (i.e. he was the last prophet), which leaves no room for Muhammad (womp, womp). BluRayHiDef

lmaooo

m25105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 m25105
Member since 2010 • 3135 Posts
A messenger.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

Jesus is the product of an artificial insemination. The human race was genetically engineered by aliens (Anunnaki in ancient Sumerian writings) and this was fairly commonplace if you read what's out there. Sometimes it was artificial, sometimes it was one of the "Gods" getting horny and knocking up a human woman. That's how Ziusudra (Noah) came to be. Check out the apocryphal text (er.. not really since it's in the Bible of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church) called the Book of Enoch. This type of thing is detailed in it. If you read the book you are treated to a blatantly obvious description of a UFO, aliens, and the Earth as a sphere.

hartsickdiscipl

I am ashamed to be the same species as you

Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Philokalia
Member since 2012 • 2910 Posts

I'll let Christ Speak.

Mathew 28:17And seeing him they adored: but some doubted. 18And Jesus coming, spoke to them, saying: All power is given to me in heaven and in earth. 19Going therefore, teach all nations: baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost. 20Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you. And behold I am with you all days, even to the consummation of the world.

John 17:And all my things are yours, and yours are mine: and I am glorified in them. 11And now I am not in the world, and these are in the world, and I come to you. Holy Father, keep them in your name whom you have given me: that they may be one, as we also are. 12While I was with them, I kept them in your name. Those whom you gave me have I kept: and none of them is lost, but the son of perdition: that the scripture may be fulfilled. 13And now I come to you: and these things I speak in the world, that they may have my joy filled in themselves.

quadraleap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 quadraleap
Member since 2004 • 36581 Posts
We are all parts of a whole, whatever you want to call it.
ultimameteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 ultimameteora
Member since 2003 • 2573 Posts
"Son" is referring to his title, one example to use is Muhammad, he is called Seal of God, as Jesus is called Son of God but Muhammad is not a seal (animal) now is he. :)
lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#121 lo_Pine
Member since 2012 • 4978 Posts

Jesus was just a man... that is why he died in the first place.

ultimameteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 ultimameteora

Jesus was just a man...

lo_Pine
Yes, just a man with a divine spirit and referred to as the Son of God.
lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#123 lo_Pine
Member since 2012 • 4978 Posts
[QUOTE="lo_Pine"]

Jesus was just a man...

ultimameteora

They take the bible too literally. Ultimately, the real story of Jesus is how you and me exist here today, right now.
Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Philokalia

[QUOTE="lo_Pine"]

Jesus was just a man...

ultimameteora

He was God.

ultimameteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 ultimameteora

[QUOTE="ultimameteora"][QUOTE="lo_Pine"]

Jesus was just a man...

Philokalia

He was God.

I believe he was the 'manifestation' of God for that time.
Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Philokalia

I believe he was the 'manifestation' of God for that time.ultimameteora

He was God as he had all power on heaven and earth and no man can have that power. That and he claimed to have the name of God and existed before the advent of the universe.

ultimameteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 ultimameteora

[QUOTE="ultimameteora"] I believe he was the 'manifestation' of God for that time.Philokalia

He was God as he had all power on heaven and earth and no man can have that power. That and he claimed to have the name of God and existed before the advent of the universe.

That is the divine spirit of God talking, which I believe a number of manifestations have had. Yes at that time no man could have that power.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
He was a Jewish man who had these crazy ideas about peace and love, and hoped his next leap would be the leap home.
TopTierHustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 TopTierHustler
Member since 2012 • 3894 Posts

hartsickdiscipl

and you win the award for the most stupid thing I've read on OT.

No, I'm not exaggerating, you win. Take your prize and gtfo.

TopTierHustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 TopTierHustler
Member since 2012 • 3894 Posts

[QUOTE="ultimameteora"] I believe he was the 'manifestation' of God for that time.Philokalia

proof?

neo_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#131 neo_87
Member since 2011 • 394 Posts

I think Jesus and Allah are mythical creatures.

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#132 GrayF0X786
Member since 2012 • 4185 Posts

Some Arab Jew that started a cult. Mary was probably banging one of the neighbors.Jebus213
yeah keep your sick culture out of here please, im sure your parents taught you better.

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 GrayF0X786

I'll let Christ Speak.

Mathew

John 17

Philokalia

wheres christ? i just heard mathew and jhon? :lol:

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 GrayF0X786

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

[QUOTE="Kevlar101"]:lol: 51% say he is just 'Some Jew' :lol:Krelian-co

thats the ignorance of offtopic for ya

yeah unlike saying that there is a god with no proof at all and claiming a book written by humans and full of mistakes and contradictions is holy and godly.

which book?

dagreenfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 dagreenfish
Member since 2010 • 1818 Posts
He was a Jewish man who had these crazy ideas about peace and love, and hoped his next leap would be the leap home.darkspineslayer
What does Ziggy have to say on the matter?
BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 BluRayHiDef

Jesus Christ is, as the name Christ implies, the savior and redeemer of the world. Jesus is the physical manifestation of the second person of the Trinity, the Word and Son of God. Jesus emanates forth from God, is the visible image of the invisible God, and is God himself. Jesus is the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end, and the great I AM. By means of Jesus all that exist came into being and through him every good gift is born. He gave up an aspect of his divinity and took upon himself the nature of man, lived a perfect life, died our death, resurrected from the dead, and will one day return to fix this broken world. He did not simply create this world but died so that he might save it.mindstorm
You Trinitarians make Christianity look really bad. Neither Jesus nor his diciples taught that Jesus was God or equal to God or that God is three persons. They taught that God is one and that Jesus is seperate and subordinate to God - though he is God's Son. A son is not his father and by the very definition of the word "son", a son comes AFTER his father, which means that God has always existed but there was a point at which Jesus came into being. God is one and has no equals.

mindstorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 mindstorm
Member since 2003 • 15255 Posts

[QUOTE="mindstorm"]Jesus Christ is, as the name Christ implies, the savior and redeemer of the world. Jesus is the physical manifestation of the second person of the Trinity, the Word and Son of God. Jesus emanates forth from God, is the visible image of the invisible God, and is God himself. Jesus is the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end, and the great I AM. By means of Jesus all that exist came into being and through him every good gift is born. He gave up an aspect of his divinity and took upon himself the nature of man, lived a perfect life, died our death, resurrected from the dead, and will one day return to fix this broken world. He did not simply create this world but died so that he might save it.BluRayHiDef

You Trinitarians make Christianity look really bad. Neither Jesus nor his diciples taught that Jesus was God or equal to God or that God is three persons. They taught that God is one and that Jesus is seperate and subordinate to God - though he is God's Son. A son is not his father and by the very definition of the word "son", a son comes AFTER his father, which means that God has always existed but there was a point at which Jesus came into being. God is one and has no equals.

To be a Christian and a Trinitarian is the same thing. You claim that Jesus is a created being. I ask, at what point was he created as according to the Scriptures? God the son is not a created being but has always coexisted with God the Father and God the Holy Spirit.

Question, if Jesus is not God himself then do you think he is not to be worshipped? If Jesus is not God then to worship him would be idolatry.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Jebus213

[QUOTE="Jebus213"]Some Arab Jew that started a cult. Mary was probably banging one of the neighbors.GrayF0X786

yeah keep your sick culture out of here please, im sure your parents taught you better.

Culture? What's wrong with rational thought?
BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 BluRayHiDef

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]

[QUOTE="mindstorm"]Jesus Christ is, as the name Christ implies, the savior and redeemer of the world. Jesus is the physical manifestation of the second person of the Trinity, the Word and Son of God. Jesus emanates forth from God, is the visible image of the invisible God, and is God himself. Jesus is the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end, and the great I AM. By means of Jesus all that exist came into being and through him every good gift is born. He gave up an aspect of his divinity and took upon himself the nature of man, lived a perfect life, died our death, resurrected from the dead, and will one day return to fix this broken world. He did not simply create this world but died so that he might save it.mindstorm

To be a Christian and a Trinitarian is the same thing. You claim that Jesus is a created being. I ask, at what point was he created as according to the Scriptures? God the son is not a created being but has always coexisted with God the Father and God the Holy Spirit.

The problem with you is that none of your assertions are based on Biblical text, but ALL of mine are, as shall be shown. For example, your term "God the Son" does not ever appear in the Bible; it is a man-made, heretical term. Anyhow, here are texts which show that Jesus had a beginning:

15The Son is the imageof the invisible God,the firstbornover all creation.16For in him all things were created:things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities;all things have been created through him and for him.17He is before all things,and in him all things hold together.18And he is the headof the body, the church;he is the beginning and the firstbornfrom among the dead,so that in everything he might have the supremacy.19For God was pleasedto have all his fullnessdwell in him,20and through him to reconcileto himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven,by making peacethrough his blood,shed on the cross.1 Colossians

Note that this verse calls the Son - Jesus - the IMAGE of the invisible God, not God himself. There is a difference between being the image of something and being that something itself. Jesus's righteousness is a reflection of God's righteousness. As Jesus is the only Human to ever live without sinning, he is a perfect reflection of God, which is what Humans were meant to be (Genesis 1:26 - "Let us (God and his Son Jesus) create man in our IMAGE.") I know you're going to try to take the fact that Jesus is called the image of God and use it to show that Jesus is somehow equal to or the same as God. However, with that logic you'd have to say the same thing about Humans (before they sinned) because Genesis 1:26 said that Man was created in God's image. Hence, it is obvious that "image" does not refer to God's nature as Alimighty, but to a trait of God that created beings can share - righteouness.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

[QUOTE="Jebus213"]Some Arab Jew that started a cult. Mary was probably banging one of the neighbors.Jebus213

Culture? What's wrong with rational thought?

He's never heard that term before

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 GrayF0X786

[QUOTE="mindstorm"][QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"] You Trinitarians make Christianity look really bad. Neither Jesus nor his diciples taught that Jesus was God or equal to God or that God is three persons. They taught that God is one and that Jesus is seperate and subordinate to God - though he is God's Son. A son is not his father and by the very definition of the word "son", a son comes AFTER his father, which means that God has always existed but there was a point at which Jesus came into being. God is one and has no equals.

BluRayHiDef

The problem with you is that none of your assertions are based on Biblical text, but ALL of mine are, as shall be shown. For example, your term "God the Son" does not ever appear in the Bible; it is a man-made, heretical term. Anyhow, here are texts which show that Jesus had a beginning:

15The Son is the imageof the invisible God,the firstbornover all creation.16For in him all things were created:things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities;all things have been created through him and for him.17He is before all things,and in him all things hold together.18And he is the headof the body, the church;he is the beginning and the firstbornfrom among the dead,so that in everything he might have the supremacy.19For God was pleasedto have all his fullnessdwell in him,20and through him to reconcileto himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven,by making peacethrough his blood,shed on the cross.1 Colossians

Note that this verse calls the Son - Jesus - the IMAGE of the invisible God, not God himself. There is a difference between being the image of something and being that something itself. Jesus's righteousness is a reflection of God's righteousness. As Jesus is the only Human to ever live without sinning, he is a perfect reflection of God, which is what Humans were meant to be (Genesis 1:26 - "Let us (God and his Son Jesus) create man in our IMAGE.") I know you're going to try to take the fact that Jesus is called the image of God and use it to show that Jesus is somehow equal to or the same as God. However, with that logic you'd have to say the same thing about Humans (before they sinned) because Genesis 1:26 said that Man was created in God's image. Hence, it is obvious that "image" does not refer to God's nature as Alimighty, but to a trait of God that created beings can share - righteouness.

alikhlas.PNG

kingkong0124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 kingkong0124
Member since 2012 • 8329 Posts

GrayF0X786
I know your intentions are good and all, but you're doing more bad than good....

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 GrayF0X786

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]kingkong0124

I know your intentions are good and all, but you're doing more bad than good....

how, please explain......im not perfect am i.....

l4dak47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#144 l4dak47
Member since 2009 • 6838 Posts
This thread is crazier than usual. Anyway, I consider jesus just another man who started a following because of how warped he became by his mother.
Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Philokalia

wheres christ? i just heard mathew and jhon? :lol:

GrayF0X786

So I take it you must reject the Hadiths which were not written by muhammad but supposebly contain his actual words? Muslims love to dismiss the gospels whenever its convenient so I will ask, did Jesus say that he does not know the time or the hour?

Btw that isn't mathew or John saying that, it's Jesus within the context which you obviously do not pay attention to.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts
[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="GazaAli"] You can't have this view and respect my Islamic view of Jesus. With matters of faith, you can't possibly respect the different view of another faith on the same matter. All you can do is "to each his own". I find it kind of absurd when people claim they respect the views of other religions while in fact their religions tell them these people are wrong and doomed...etc.PressXtoJump

My religious views don't teach that Muslims are doomed or wrong.....one does not have to be a Jew to get to Olam Haba (The world to come) or "heaven" (Jews believe in heaven but in a different way). One does not have to be from or convert/adopted into the Tribe of Israel to earn God's favor, a Gentile just has to follow the Noahide laws which are written on every man's heart and soul.

I do respect Christians and Muslims, you don't have to agree with them to respect somebody. Only fundamentalists would have an issue, only fundamentalists think they're the only ones going ot heaven. There are many Christians for instance that believe God has a salvation plan for all groups and non Christians will go to heaven too.

I'm sure there are some Muslims who think the same way.

Olam Haba = Alame hava? anyone?

I'm not sure about Hava but Olam=3alm yes.
Philokalia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 Philokalia

The term "begotten" simply means created. It doesn't mean that God fashioned that which he begot in the way that a literal father does. The same is the case with the term "Son"; it's figurative. In the Bible - in the Book of Job - even the BluRayHiDef

Actually it means unique, that Jesus is a unique son of God, but let me ask you can a mere man have the name of God?

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 BluRayHiDef

[QUOTE="BluRayHiDef"]The term "begotten" simply means created. It doesn't mean that God fashioned that which he begot in the way that a literal father does. The same is the case with the term "Son"; it's figurative. In the Bible - in the Book of Job - even the Philokalia

Actually it means unique, that Jesus is a unique son of God, but let me ask you can a mere man have the name of God?

That post was not meant to be posted; notice that it just cuts off abruptly. Disregard it. I know that the word "begotten" (greek: monogenes) means "unique"; I was simply arguing that it implies creation.

MAZ85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 MAZ85
Member since 2007 • 1094 Posts
http://quran.com/4/171-175