So who is Jesus!? POLL

• 167 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PressXtoJump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 PressXtoJump
Member since 2012 • 1484 Posts

[QUOTE="PressXtoJump"][QUOTE="JC346"]Some jew with really good intentions for the world.rzepak

Jesus was a muslim, Moses was a muslim.

Islam is the most recent of the three major religions...so how could Jesus have been a muslim.

muslim is the one and only true religion. jewish and christian was created after as sects.
rzepak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 rzepak
Member since 2005 • 5758 Posts

[QUOTE="rzepak"]

[QUOTE="PressXtoJump"] Jesus was a muslim, Moses was a muslim.GrayF0X786

Islam is the most recent of the three major religions...so how could Jesus have been a muslim.

what does Muslim mean, do you know?

Follower of the religion known as Islam.

PressXtoJump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 PressXtoJump

[QUOTE="PressXtoJump"][QUOTE="JC346"]Some jew with really good intentions for the world.rzepak

Jesus was a muslim, Moses was a muslim.

i think your talking about the Quran, the most recent book of revelations, which did come after the sabbath (jews) and injeel (bible). but it is also the book that is protected and will remain unchanged.
rzepak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 rzepak

[QUOTE="rzepak"]

[QUOTE="PressXtoJump"] Jesus was a muslim, Moses was a muslim.PressXtoJump

i think your talking about the Quran, the most recent book of revelations, which did come after the sabbath (jews) and injeel (bible). but it is also the book that is protected and will remain unchanged.

lol cause not changing with the times is a good way to go...Lets all get on our horse drawn carriges and go hunting with bows and arrows people.

Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#55 Omni-Slash
Member since 2003 • 54450 Posts
Some guy who suckered a bunch of people into thinking he was the son of god.....must have been a great salesman....
PressXtoJump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 PressXtoJump

[QUOTE="PressXtoJump"][QUOTE="rzepak"]

rzepak

lol cause not changing with the times is a good way to go...Lets all get on our horse drawn carriges and go hunting with bows and arrows people.

the 'jewish book' came in a time of magicians and sorcery, which is why it is a main theme. the 'christian book' came in a time of great miracles, which is why its a theme. the Quran came with a theme of war, which till this day stands.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
SO many lolz in this topic, what gives?
SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

tumblr_m7cwensDNO1qjnnc9o2_500.gif.

ArmoredCore55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 ArmoredCore55
Member since 2005 • 24943 Posts
He is the Son of God. He's also my lord and savior.
KiIIyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 KiIIyou
Member since 2006 • 27204 Posts
He is the Son of God. He's also my lord and savior.ArmoredCore55
You share
BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

[QUOTE="rzepak"]

rzepak

what does Muslim mean, do you know?

Follower of the religion known as Islam.

All Muslims believe that Islam started with Abraham (some even think with Adam). They think all people are actually born Muslim as well, but are raised to follow their parent's religion. It's just a part of their religion in order to make it seem more legitimate. According to Islam, every prophet as well as most of the Kings of Israel were Muslim such as Solomon or David. So yeah, don't waste your time arguing with fundies.
Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

A rabble-rousing son of a carpenter who had some fairly radical ideas for his time, enjoyed some celebrity status, pissed off the wrong people, and was executed for it.

xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 xscrapzx
Member since 2007 • 6636 Posts

Did some things that made people really believe in what he was saying and those things have never been able to be replicated. It was also enough to keep people talking about him 2000 years later.

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#64 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

Jesus was a jewish man living in Israel under Roman rule. He was a peasent who lived a hard life of poverty and later claimed to be the messiah, to which the Romans later killed him.

He would have had darker skin and darker hair, probably curly, he was also short, especially compared to our time and people of semitic ancestry are shorter on average than other ethnic groups. He spoke Hebrew and Aramac, he kept the Jewish traditions by going to Synagouge, celebrating Pasach ect...

I think he was inspired by God, as there he does have some good words of wisdom and a good message. But I do not believe he was the messiah or the messenger of God.

In Jewish teachings, the messiah will be one born of a normal birth, will be of the house of David, will rebuild the Temple, and will unite the world and bring in the final days and the resurrection. He will not be of virgin birth or anything like that.

But that's just the jewish view. I respect the views of Christians and Muslims as well.

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 GazaAli

Jesus was a jewish man living in Israel under Roman rule. He was a peasent who lived a hard life of poverty and later claimed to be the messiah, to which the Romans later killed him.

He would have had darker skin and darker hair, probably curly, he was also short, especially compared to our time and people of semitic ancestry are shorter on average than other ethnic groups. He spoke Hebrew and Aramac, he kept the Jewish traditions by going to Synagouge, celebrating Pasach ect...

I think he was inspired by God, as there he does have some good words of wisdom and a good message. But I do not believe he was the messiah or the messenger of God.

In Jewish teachings, the messiah will be one born of a normal birth, will be of the house of David, will rebuild the Temple, and will unite the world and bring in the final days and the resurrection. He will not be of virgin birth or anything like that.

But that's just the jewish view. I respect the views of Christians and Muslims as well.

ShadowMoses900
You can't have this view and respect my Islamic view of Jesus. With matters of faith, you can't possibly respect the different view of another faith on the same matter. All you can do is "to each his own". I find it kind of absurd when people claim they respect the views of other religions while in fact their religions tell them these people are wrong and doomed...etc.
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

GazaAli

You can't have this view and respect my Islamic view of Jesus. With matters of faith, you can't possibly respect the different view of another faith on the same matter. All you can do is "to each his own". I find it kind of absurd when people claim they respect the views of other religions while in fact their religions tell them these people are wrong and doomed...etc.

My religious views don't teach that Muslims are doomed or wrong.....one does not have to be a Jew to get to Olam Haba (The world to come) or "heaven" (Jews believe in heaven but in a different way). One does not have to be from or convert/adopted into the Tribe of Israel to earn God's favor, a Gentile just has to follow the Noahide laws which are written on every man's heart and soul.

I do respect Christians and Muslims, you don't have to agree with them to respect somebody. Only fundamentalists would have an issue, only fundamentalists think they're the only ones going ot heaven. There are many Christians for instance that believe God has a salvation plan for all groups and non Christians will go to heaven too.

I'm sure there are some Muslims who think the same way.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
I don't believe in religion, but if I did, I would few him simply as a prophet, but not the son of God/The creator/Holy spirit. Being atheist, and if he was real, I see him simply as a philosophical scholar way a head of his time.
PressXtoJump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 PressXtoJump
[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="GazaAli"][QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

My religious views don't teach that Muslims are doomed or wrong.....one does not have to be a Jew to get to Olam Haba (The world to come) or "heaven" (Jews believe in heaven but in a different way). One does not have to be from or convert/adopted into the Tribe of Israel to earn God's favor, a Gentile just has to follow the Noahide laws which are written on every man's heart and soul.

I do respect Christians and Muslims, you don't have to agree with them to respect somebody. Only fundamentalists would have an issue, only fundamentalists think they're the only ones going ot heaven. There are many Christians for instance that believe God has a salvation plan for all groups and non Christians will go to heaven too.

Olam Haba = Alame hava? anyone?
whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

probably mrpraline

or that d3nny guy

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="GazaAli"] You can't have this view and respect my Islamic view of Jesus. With matters of faith, you can't possibly respect the different view of another faith on the same matter. All you can do is "to each his own". I find it kind of absurd when people claim they respect the views of other religions while in fact their religions tell them these people are wrong and doomed...etc.PressXtoJump

I am not familiar with Alame Hava.

Olam Ha-ba is Hebrew and means the world to come. It referrs to heaven, or it could also referr to the resurrection or both.

PressXtoJump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 PressXtoJump
[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="PressXtoJump"][QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

I am not familiar with Alame Hava.

Olam Ha-ba is Hebrew and means the world to come. It referrs to heaven, or it could also referr to the resurrection or both.

ye im pretty sure arabs or some other nation also pernounces it haba. also o is spelled as A in those similar languages
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 GazaAli

ShadowMoses900

Isn't the point of any religion is "redemption and salvation of its followers"? Isn't it why religious people preach? I am not saying you have to condemned others from different religious background, just don't tell me I respect their view on an issue that my religion, which one views as the one and only, thinks of it differently.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#73 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

a jewish messanger that got a cult surrounding him based on mythical powers and events that never happened

ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 ShadowMoses900

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

[QUOTE="GazaAli"] You can't have this view and respect my Islamic view of Jesus. With matters of faith, you can't possibly respect the different view of another faith on the same matter. All you can do is "to each his own". I find it kind of absurd when people claim they respect the views of other religions while in fact their religions tell them these people are wrong and doomed...etc.GazaAli

Isn't the point of any religion is "redemption and salvation of its followers"? Isn't it why religious people preach? I am not saying you have to condemned others from different religious background, just don't tell me I respect their view on an issue that my religion, which one views as the one and only, thinks of it differently.

Well "redemption and salvation" isn't really the message of Judaism, that is not nesseccary to us because that is between you and God and you have to be responsible for your actions. It's simply about being a good person and following the one true God and keeping his covenant, which is not nesseccary for one to earn God's favor or go to heaven.

And I can respect people with different religious views. Perhaps it might be harder for certain Muslims to do this because Islam is set up in that mindset, some of them anyway.

TopTierHustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 TopTierHustler
Member since 2012 • 3894 Posts

Imaginary Friend?

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 GazaAli

ShadowMoses900

Well "redemption and salvation" isn't really the message of Judaism, that is not nesseccary to us because that is between you and God and you have to be responsible for your actions. It's simply about being a good person and following the one true God and keeping his covenant, which is not nesseccary for one to earn God's favor or go to heaven.

And I can respect people with different religious views. Perhaps it might be harder for certain Muslims to do this because Islam is set up in that mindset, some of them anyway.

Well with that mindset we wouldn't really need religion. I'm not saying I do not respect people from other religions, think of it as scientists with different theories. They can respect each other, but when it boils down to who's got it right, a scientist will only believe in his own theory and thus respect it only on a particular issue.
PressXtoJump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 PressXtoJump

Isn't the point of any religion is "redemption and salvation of its followers"? Isn't it why religious people preach? I am not saying you have to condemned others from different religious background, just don't tell me I respect their view on an issue that my religion, which one views as the one and only, thinks of it differently.GazaAli

Well with that mindset we wouldn't really need religion. I'm not saying I do not respect people from other religions, think of it as scientists with different theories. They can respect each other, but when it boils down to who's got it right, a scientist will only believe in his own theory and thus respect it only on a particular issue.

dont f*ck with the ignorant, let them fck themselves
ultimameteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 ultimameteora
Member since 2003 • 2573 Posts
I believe he's the son of the creator but not literally, so I guess I vote messenger.
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#79 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
According to a book he was the son of God and died for everyone's sins. According to another book he was just a messenger of God and some other guy was the last prophet of God. According to yet another book he was the son of God and he came back and Natives were angels or something and that guy who claimed to be the last prophet was a liar. From what I can gather though he was just a radical who was way ahead of his time and got killed because he was too cool for "the man".
ultimameteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 ultimameteora
Member since 2003 • 2573 Posts
Yes at that point in time he was the son of god that died for everyone's sins. Was not Adam also the son of God?
GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#81 GrayF0X786
Member since 2012 • 4185 Posts

Yes at that point in time he was the son of god that died for everyone's sins. Was not Adam also the son of God?ultimameteora
yeah but according to christians he is Gods begotten Son from VirginMary, a huge problem adressed in Gods last testemant.

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#82 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
Jesus was the son of God, the second person of the Trinity, who was the salvation of the world. "For God so loved the world that his sent His only Son so that all that believe in Him might not perish, but might have eternal life" - John 3:16.
GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 GrayF0X786

Jesus was the son of God, the second person of the Trinity, who was the salvation of the world. "For God so loved the world that his sent His only Son so that all that believe in Him might not perish, but might have eternal life" - John 3:16. ferrari2001
why is it that this verse is diffrent in the KingJames Bible?

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 ferrari2001

[QUOTE="ferrari2001"]Jesus was the son of God, the second person of the Trinity, who was the salvation of the world. "For God so loved the world that his sent His only Son so that all that believe in Him might not perish, but might have eternal life" - John 3:16. GrayF0X786

why is it that this verse is missing in the NIV Bible?

ummm?? http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+3%3A16&version=NIV It's definitely there. Translated a little different but definitely there.
GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 GrayF0X786

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

[QUOTE="ferrari2001"]Jesus was the son of God, the second person of the Trinity, who was the salvation of the world. "For God so loved the world that his sent His only Son so that all that believe in Him might not perish, but might have eternal life" - John 3:16. ferrari2001

why is it that this verse is missing in the NIV Bible?

ummm?? http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+3%3A16&version=NIV It's definitely there. Translated a little different but definitely there.

i edited my post, i meant KJV version....

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 ferrari2001

[QUOTE="ferrari2001"][QUOTE="GrayF0X786"] why is it that this verse is missing in the NIV Bible?

GrayF0X786

' umm.. http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John%203:16&version=KJV
GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 GrayF0X786

[QUOTE="GrayF0X786"]

[QUOTE="ferrari2001"] ummm?? http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+3%3A16&version=NIV It's definitely there. Translated a little different but definitely there. ferrari2001

you don't see a major diffrence?

ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 ferrari2001

[QUOTE="ferrari2001"][QUOTE="GrayF0X786"] i edited my post, i meant KJV version....

GrayF0X786

you don't see a major diffrence?

There is a translation difference yes. Here's the passage if you want it correctly. http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John%203:16&version=SBLGNT , ... You can translate it different ways. The King James is slightly different because it wants show without a doubt that if you believe in Him you will definitely have eternal life. While some of the others simply say you might have eternal life.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#89 Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts
:lol: 51% say he is just 'Some Jew' :lol:
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#90 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

I went to school with a kid named Jesus.

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 GrayF0X786

:lol: 51% say he is just 'Some Jew' :lol:Kevlar101
thats the ignorance of offtopic for ya

rzepak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 rzepak

Ill name my son Jesus and raise him to be an atheist.

SeerreuS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 SeerreuS
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
If you want to know who Jesus is, just take some time out of your life and look for Him, and you will find him. The living word is the best place to start.
Zensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Zensword
Member since 2007 • 4510 Posts
He's just a nice Jew
rocinante_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 rocinante_
Member since 2012 • 1772 Posts

he was a pretty cool guy, i think everyone can agree on that

Zensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Zensword
Member since 2007 • 4510 Posts
Jesus was the son of God, the second person of the Trinity, who was the salvation of the world. "For God so loved the world that his sent His only Son so that all that believe in Him might not perish, but might have eternal life" - John 3:16. ferrari2001
Jesus himself never said he's God or God's only son. Use your head.
Avatar image for hartsickdiscipl
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#97 hartsickdiscipl
Member since 2003 • 14787 Posts

Jesus is the product of an artificial insemination. The human race was genetically engineered by aliens (Anunnaki in ancient Sumerian writings) and this was fairly commonplace if you read what's out there. Sometimes it was artificial, sometimes it was one of the "Gods" getting horny and knocking up a human woman. That's how Ziusudra (Noah) came to be. Check out the apocryphal text (er.. not really since it's in the Bible of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church) called the Book of Enoch. This type of thing is detailed in it. If you read the book you are treated to a blatantly obvious description of a UFO, aliens, and the Earth as a sphere.

In my view, Jesus may be the actual son of one of these original creators.

BossPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 BossPerson
Member since 2011 • 9177 Posts

Jesus is the product of an artificial insemination. The human race was genetically engineered by aliens (Anunnaki in ancient Sumerian writings) and this was fairly commonplace if you read what's out there. Sometimes it was artificial, sometimes it was one of the "Gods" getting horny and knocking up a human woman. That's how Ziusudra (Noah) came to be. Check out the apocryphal text (er.. not really since it's in the Bible of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church) called the Book of Enoch. This type of thing is detailed in it. If you read the book you are treated to a blatantly obvious description of a UFO, aliens, and the Earth as a sphere.

hartsickdiscipl
...what do you know of the Emerald Tablets?
Avatar image for hartsickdiscipl
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#99 hartsickdiscipl
Member since 2003 • 14787 Posts

[QUOTE="hartsickdiscipl"]

BossPerson

...what do you know of the Emerald Tablets?

Not enough. I will be reading up on them though. Thank you!