So who feels sorry for Hulk Hogan's career?

• 134 results
Hood_Honky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Hood_Honky
Member since 2015 • 979 Posts

@GreySeal9: it safe to say that it went over your head. Just like in a study a person can base his opinion off of personal experiences. That would be ni different than sitting with x amount of people and asking them. Would it hold credibility, no. But personal opinions aren't suppose to be credible to others and don't need tp be proven.

Only ignorance is coming from you, I already said way back that I have no,proof and need none since it's my opinion. Yet some how you think you can have your opinion without anything to back it up, hypocrisy.

If you cant prove it wrong, then my opinion stands, period.

With your logic, since you can't provide proof then your opinion is wrong.

Should we wiki what opinion means?

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#102  Edited By GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

@BranKetra said:
@GreySeal9 said:
@BranKetra said:

@GreySeal9: Actually racial slurs, regardless of context, are not allowed on GameSpot at all.

I didn't say they were. When I said "context," I was reffering to the general public's perception, not GameSpot.

When you said "nobody" on GameSpot, I assumed you extended that generalization to us, here, as well as you quoted a comment with a racial slur in a video.

Okay, that makes sense. But like I said, when I said nobody, I was simply referring to the general public not reacting to Booker T's use of the n-word. Admittedly, I could have chosen a better way to say that.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#103 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

@GreySeal9: Understood.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By GreySeal9

@hood_honky said:

@GreySeal9: it safe to say that it went over your head. Just like in a study a person can base his opinion off of personal experiences. That would be ni different than sitting with x amount of people and asking them. Would it hold credibility, no. But personal opinions aren't suppose to be credible to others and don't need tp be proven.

Only ignorance is coming from you, I already said way back that I have no,proof and need none since it's my opinion. Yet some how you think you can have your opinion without anything to back it up, hypocrisy.

If you cant prove it wrong, then my opinion stands, period.

With your logic, since you can't provide proof then your opinion is wrong.

Should we wiki what opinion means?

We've already been over this. Pulling the opinion card is not a valid point.

Studies are not simply based on personal experiences. They can look into personal experiences and personal experience can be a part of them, but they are not inherently comparable to them. Studies are honest investigations into the truth (that's the ideal anyway), not simply assertions of one's biases, which is all you've done in this thread. That doesn't cut it.

You're just pulling the opinion card out of defensiveness because you can't support your claims. You believe that most blacks embrace the n-word because you WANT to believe it. And you're entitled to that, but don't try to compare your uninformed opinion to a study. That just makes you look unsophisticated and ignorant. And as much as the opinion card is cowardly, it's preferable to your cringeworthy attempts to talk about studies and statistics.

Hood_Honky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Hood_Honky

@GreySeal9: man, you can't even understand the point of bringing up studies.

Studies are based of a focus group (it can be that focus groups opinions or experiences, it be anything)

Just like opinion,(well call it a study) it can be based of anything, more than likely personal experiences(the focus group).

You can't prove how many personal experience I've had, so you can't tell me that I haven't had enough to make my opinion. And you certainly can't tell me my opinion is wrong.

The opinion card is pulled because it was my opinion, anyone with common sense wouldn't need to be told that it wad an opinion (again too lack of it)

You can tell me your personal experience and sayyou disagree, doesn't make me wrong.

You just don't like my opinion and want it to be wrong. You ignore my request for your proof that it is wrong. And, using your logic, since you have none then you are wrong.

I live and work in Memphis, don't tell me I haven't had enough personal experience.

Until you prove me wrong, my opinion stands

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By GreySeal9

@hood_honky said:

@GreySeal9:

I live and work in Memphis, don't tell me I haven't had enough personal experience.

You don't have enough experience and nobody cares if you work/live in Memphis.

Saying that you live/work in Memphis (if that's even true) is no substitute for evidence, which you don't have. Not to mention that the fact that you're bringing up a single city shows your experience to be woefully limited.

I already told you that hiding behind the opinion card doesn't cut it. You want to engage in a discussion, but you're either too lazy, ignorant, or you cling to your biases too much to do research.

BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#109 BiancaDK
Member since 2008 • 19092 Posts

@GreySeal9: but people did get mad about the n-word, did they not? hence, my point stands?

do some thinking before commenting please

Hood_Honky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Hood_Honky

@GreySeal9: it's evidence of personal experience. Lol look it's clear that you just don't like my opinion and you hate it even more that you can't prove it wrong.

For someone who preaches evidence and proof you have a hard time bringing any to the table. Practice what you preach and show me some evidence......been waiting.

Opinions need no evidence.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By GreySeal9

@BiancaDK said:

@GreySeal9: but people did get mad about the n-word, did they not? hence, my point stands?

No, your point doesn't stand because you're acting like people simply got mad at a word when it's more complicated than that. Like others have pointed out, Louis CK used the n-word ad nauseum in a routine and nobody cared.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By GreySeal9

@hood_honky said:

@GreySeal9: it's evidence of personal experience. Lol look it's clear that you just don't like my opinion and you hate it even more that you can't prove it wrong.

For someone who preaches evidence and proof you have a hard time bringing any to the table. Practice what you preach and show me some evidence......been waiting.

Opinions need no evidence.

Any fool can simply say they have experience (without actually having it) and any fool can have an opinion. But until you have evidence, you're talking out of your ass.

You're clinging to the opinion card and hilariously trying shift the burden of proof because you have too much pride to admit that you simply don't have much to go on other than your own biases. Like I said, you see what you want to see.

And of course I don't like your ignorant opinion, especially since it casts blacks in a negative light without any supporting evidence. Also, I tend to prefer opinions that are informed and are a result of education and knowledge.

But at least you're not embarrassing yourself trying to talk about studies anymore. That's more offensive than anything lol.

BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 BiancaDK

@GreySeal9 said:
@BiancaDK said:

No, your point doesn't stand because you're acting like people simply got mad at a word when it's more complicated than that. Like others have pointed out, Louis CK used the n-word ad naseum in a routine and nobody cared.

actually i'm not acting like that, that's just your erroneous interpretation of my comment xD

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 GreySeal9

@BiancaDK said:
@GreySeal9 said:
@BiancaDK said:

No, your point doesn't stand because you're acting like people simply got mad at a word when it's more complicated than that. Like others have pointed out, Louis CK used the n-word ad naseum in a routine and nobody cared.

actually i'm not acting like that, that's just your erroneous interpretation of my comment xD

So if I'm missing this alleged point, do clarify.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#115 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

A word of advice for those of you posting in this thread: Do not quote comments that violate the Code of Conduct. Repeatedly doing so can lead can lead to a moderation and it is easily avoided as is the rest of moderation-worthy actions listed by the entire Code of Conduct and Terms of Use in each respective forum.

Hood_Honky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Hood_Honky

@GreySeal9: again everything you say is hypocritical and hilarious. You have no,supporting evidence, but you think you opinion trumps all. Lol

Studies were used as a metaphor and

and you're embarrassing yourself by not understanding that.

Since when does saying that black ppl use the N word, which they do, cast a negative light?

You're clinging to burden of proof even after I said I had none. Because I don't need it. Yet you haven't presented any proof at all, instead you're crying about my opinion. You are a complete hypocrite pretending to be smart lol you have nothing to counter my opinion with so you keep clinging to other bullshit. If you had anything at all yo7bcouodve presented it by now to prove your point, but you can't.

My opinion stands.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@GreySeal9 said:
@Solaryellow said:

One could easily point you to the genre of rap (hip hop) music where particular "offensive" words (depending on who says them) are spoken in large numbers yet blacks are a big part of the millions upon millions of albums sold. Of course other people also buy said albums.

Ridiculous point.

First of all, you don't have a racial breakdown of sales, which is absolutely necessary to make your point even sort of have merit. There have actually been studies that show that most people that buy hip hop CDs are white.

Secondly, even if the millions of blacks that purchase rap CDs do approve of the N-word, that doesn't equate to the majority of black people in general embracing the N-word. Not all black people listen to rap, contrary to what some people think.

Thirdly, what music somebody purchases hardly guarantees acceptance of a word. One can simply be overlooking it because they like other things about the music.

Why are you trying to defend this gross generalization? Why not just agree that "some" blacks embrace the word and leave it at that?

Nah. A large portion of the black community listens to rap/hip hop and you sound naive to think otherwise. A particular word must not offend them too much if they are buying the music glorifying the word. I don't know how old you are and quite honestly I don't give a damn but many moons ago N.W.A. was burning up the charts. Remember them? That's just one example but a lot of people seem selective when determining who gets the heat when using the word.

I don't know what planet you come from but a normal human being does not spend their money on that which offends them. The possibility that potential customers will stop watching and spending money on the WWE over Hogan's comments is why he was canned. Cliff notes: If someone offends you, you won't buy what they are peddling.

Hood_Honky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Hood_Honky

@BranKetra: I'm not sure what word yiubate speaking of, I haven't seen any slurs..

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 GreySeal9

@hood_honky said:

@GreySeal9: again everything you say is hypocritical and hilarious. You have no,supporting evidence, but you think you opinion trumps all. Lol

Studies were used as a metaphor and

and you're embarrassing yourself by not understanding that.

Since when does saying that black ppl use the N word, which they do, cast a negative light?

You're clinging to burden of proof even after I said I had none. Because I don't need it. Yet you haven't presented any proof at all, instead you're crying about my opinion. You are a complete hypocrite pretending to be smart lol you have nothing to counter my opinion with so you keep clinging to other bullshit. If you had anything at all yo7bcouodve presented it by now to prove your point, but you can't.

My opinion stands.

Haha. Now you're trying to fall back on the "my stupid comment was a metaphor" defense. No, you just don't know shit about studies and statistics because you're the kind of fool that values his own opinion over research and learning about things.

Your opinion stands in your own mind. That's it.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By GreySeal9

@Solaryellow said:
@GreySeal9 said:
@Solaryellow said:

One could easily point you to the genre of rap (hip hop) music where particular "offensive" words (depending on who says them) are spoken in large numbers yet blacks are a big part of the millions upon millions of albums sold. Of course other people also buy said albums.

Ridiculous point.

First of all, you don't have a racial breakdown of sales, which is absolutely necessary to make your point even sort of have merit. There have actually been studies that show that most people that buy hip hop CDs are white.

Secondly, even if the millions of blacks that purchase rap CDs do approve of the N-word, that doesn't equate to the majority of black people in general embracing the N-word. Not all black people listen to rap, contrary to what some people think.

Thirdly, what music somebody purchases hardly guarantees acceptance of a word. One can simply be overlooking it because they like other things about the music.

Why are you trying to defend this gross generalization? Why not just agree that "some" blacks embrace the word and leave it at that?

Nah. A large portion of the black community listens to rap/hip hop and you sound naive to think otherwise.

There is a difference between saying that a large portion of the black community listens to hip hop and saying most black people do. Where is your evidence to support the latter? And also, this evidence needs to come in the form of a source/study.

Again, why support a generalization rather than just going with what we know to be the truth: that some blacks embrace the n-word. Then, if you're trying to have a serious discussion about usage of the word, we can go from there. But it's not fair to generalize about a large population of people without credible evidence.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#122 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56103 Posts

@BranKetra: Just so you know, if you have to locked this thread, feel free to do so.

Hood_Honky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Hood_Honky

@GreySeal9: it's just like a study, you don't need most of Type A people to make an opinion about Type A people. You can take a handful and use them to Idk, creat a ratio of 9 out 10 say this.....

I'm sorry but someone who can't see the metaphor in the above statement from earlier, is just stupid. Must I elaborate it again to you.

Have you brought any proof to prove me wrong?

No

My opinion stands.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@GreySeal9 said:
@Solaryellow said:

Nah. A large portion of the black community listens to rap/hip hop and you sound naive to think otherwise.

There is a difference between saying that a large portion of the black community listens to hip hop and saying most black people do. Where is your evidence to support the latter? And also, this evidence needs to come in the form of a source/study.

Again, why support a generalization rather than just going with what we know to be the truth: that some blacks embrace the n-word. Then, if you're trying to have a serious discussion about usage of the word, we can go from there. But it's not fair to generalize about a large population of people without credible evidence.

Common sense based on what I see in person and through other outlets. Your assertion is as asinine as saying christian rock isn't being listened to by a large group of Christians but pagans. It's like other genres such as reggae, blue grass, heavy metal, etc..,

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 GreySeal9

@hood_honky said:

@GreySeal9: it's just like a study, you don't need most of Type A people to make an opinion about Type A people. You can take a handful and use them to Idk, creat a ratio of 9 out 10 say this.....

I'm sorry but someone who can't see the metaphor in the above statement from earlier, is just stupid. Must I elaborate it again to you.

Have you brought any proof to prove me wrong?

No

My opinion stands.

Again, saying that it was a metaphor does not excuse your fundamental misunderstanding of studies and statistics (especially since you seem to think perception of all things was valid evidence). It's an excuse. Instead of making excuses, read that wiki link I gave you and learn something. Simply spouting your opinion is not in any way like a study since a study acquires data through an unbiased selection process. Your opinion is inherently biased. The comparison doesn't work.

But honestly, you just tried to talk about studies (to hilarious effect) to distract from how weak your opinion is as a discussion point.

Again, it's better to remain silent on things you don't understand than betray your ignorance.

solidruss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By solidruss
Member since 2002 • 24082 Posts

Only warning here. Tone down the insults. If you are desperate enough in a debate to insult each other then you should bow out gracefully.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By GreySeal9

@Solaryellow said:
@GreySeal9 said:
@Solaryellow said:

Common sense based on what I see in person and through other outlets. Your assertion is as asinine as saying christian rock isn't being listened to by a large group of Christians but pagans. It's like other genres such as reggae, blue grass, heavy metal, etc..,

I didn't say that rap is not listened to by a large group of black people. I said that we don't know if "most" black people listen to rap. There is a difference between "a large group" and "most." For instance, there is a generation of older blacks that don't particularly care for rap or what they perceive as its negative effects on black youth. But if you have evidence to the contrary (that most black people listen to rap), feel free to provide it.

Not to mention that rap is not called "black music." Most of the performers may be black, but rap itself is not inherently bound to blacks.

Common sense and anecdotal evidence is not a substitute for evidence from credible sources. Something might seem obvious to you, but that doesn't necessarily make it true.

Hood_Honky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 Hood_Honky

@solidruss: Will do.

BiancaDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 BiancaDK

@GreySeal9: alright bro, my point was more general and less case-specific. If you need an example of my point in effect, notice the current ongoing censorship in this very thread

it's a word and people will fuss over it to no end, not everyone, but people just in general. Even if it's not directed at them x)

how silly is that?

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 GreySeal9

@BiancaDK said:

@GreySeal9: alright bro, my point was more general and less case-specific. If you need an example of my point in effect, notice the current ongoing censorship in this very thread

it's a word and people will fuss over it to no end, not everyone, but people just in general. Even if it's not directed at them x)

how silly is that?

It can be silly, but people get worked up about it because it has such painful stuff attached to it. It's pretty natural for people to get offended about words because words can carry baggage.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18797 Posts

@hood_honky said:

Hood_Honky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Hood_Honky

@GreySeal9: welp I'm home, it was fun.

My opinion stands as you can't prove it wrong.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 GreySeal9

@hood_honky said:

@GreySeal9: welp I'm home, it was fun.

My opinion stands as you can't prove it wrong.

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#136 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

He's made his millions. If he's poor it's his own damn fault so no I don't see any reason to feel sorry for his career loss, he really needed to retire anyway.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 PSP107

@pimphand_gamer said:

He's made his millions. If he's poor it's his own damn fault so no I don't see any reason to feel sorry for his career loss, he really needed to retire anyway.

A lot of his millions went to his divorce settlement.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@PSP107 said:
@pimphand_gamer said:

A lot of his millions went to his divorce settlement.

Well that shouldn't be his employer's business, should it? If his employer thinks that he's a liability, it's not like they should continue to pay him anyway simply because his personal relationships went to shit.

Again, he has been paid well. But that's also beside the point. Whether he has any money left or can find another job is irrelevant. Exactly the same as with a fry cook at McDonalds. If your employer thinks you're enough of a liability, then you're gone. Oh, sure, they probably wish you well. After all, most people don't actually ENJOY firing people. But whether or not you're broke or are competent enough to find another job has nothing to do with whether you should remain employed at THIS job. Employment ain't charity.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By PSP107

@MrGeezer:

I was just mentioning the money he made may have went to his wife as opposed this former employer's decision.

sayyy-gaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 sayyy-gaa
Member since 2002 • 5850 Posts

What Hogan said it was insensitive and I am NOT going to defend it. However I do find it highly ironic that a company that has exploited racial and political stereotypes for at least the past 30 years is now acting like a moral compass. I am 37 years old and as a kid I grew up watching wrestling. The WWE has head overt stereotypes for black people Mexican people Russians Asians that would all seem extremely racist and insensitive today

matter-of-fact ideas saying that no industry or profession Outside of comedians have peddled in racism and prejudice more in my lifetime than wrestling.

SupraGT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#141 SupraGT
Member since 2003 • 8150 Posts

@pariahri said:

Someone losing their career for such a stupid mistake is ridiculous, but it happens and he should have been more careful. It's an unforgiving world out there, don't do anything that could give anyone an upper hand on you.

Words to live by.

Or don't be racist and think logically and you will be fine. He deserved what he got.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By PSP107

@SupraGT said:
@pariahri said:

Someone losing their career for such a stupid mistake is ridiculous, but it happens and he should have been more careful. It's an unforgiving world out there, don't do anything that could give anyone an upper hand on you.

Words to live by.

Or don't be racist and think logically and you will be fine. He deserved what he got.

lol

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#143 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

Maybe it's just me, but if you say something in the confidence of your own home it is not the public's concern. Especially if it comes out in a leaked sex tape.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

@R3FURBISHED said:

Maybe it's just me, but if you say something in the confidence of your own home it is not the public's concern. Especially if it comes out in a leaked sex tape.

But how does that work, exactly? If the customer base finds out that some celebrity is (for example) beating his wife, then they may be inclined to no lo9nger support a wife beater.

But oh, what's this? Charges were never filed and the whole reason this was known at all is because someone leaked the dude's private home videos? Okay. My question is, what does that matter from the audience's point of view? If they wanted to stop supporting the guy because he's a wife beater, then finding out that these videos were leaked doesn't change the fact that he's a wife beater So, like, are those customers just supposed to continue buying that guy's albums and movie tickets while PRETENDING that they never found out that he was a wife beater?

I mean, it might be unfair that a person's dirty laundry got aired out in a certain way. But once that happens, that doesn't mean that I as the consumer am just supposed to give the guy money anyway while pretending that I never saw his dirty laundry.