So what is PETA's and Vegan's take on THE FOOD CHAIN??

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

curono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

#1 curono
Member since 2005 • 7722 Posts

I get it. Violence towards animals is bad. Yes they have feelings and yes they can be hurt and scared. Yes, humans should not kill animals for food and flesh.

But what about the effing food chain?? I mean. It is bad to kill a cow for food, but a lion hunting a zebras, biting their necks, killing them with suffocation, sometimes eating the animals while still conscious is not bad?? I I mean, if they are doing the real thing, shouldn't they be practically STOPPING the whole food chain??

They are going for animal rights. Did they forget that animals eat animals?? Are they going to stop snakes from SWALLOWING LIVE PREY BECAUSE PREY HAS FEELINGS TOO??

I guess that PETA will not accept that sometimes in the real worlds, living beings eat meat, and that requires killing.

entropyecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 entropyecho
Member since 2005 • 22053 Posts

What if we clone flesh?

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
I love animals, they are tastey.
ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts
woo wooooh wooh... Human SHOULD kill animals for food. Why.. I only need one reason they are delicious. If PETA can't except that, than they should move to the moon.
Agent-Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Agent-Zero
Member since 2009 • 6198 Posts
I think it's about taking going to unnecessary levels.
MediumBread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MediumBread
Member since 2010 • 965 Posts

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
They debate that humans are so evolved that we shouldn't eat inferiour creatures for nourisment. Though it wouldn't surprise me if the PETA wanted to introduce salads to a lion.
curono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 curono
[QUOTE="Treflis"]They debate that humans are so evolved that we shouldn't eat inferiour creatures for nourisment. Though it wouldn't surprise me if the PETA wanted to introduce salads to a lion.

My thoughts exactly. So they will elliminate carnivore tendencies from the world?? That is ridiculous!
Necrifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Necrifer
Member since 2010 • 10629 Posts

MediumBread

So ****ing hungry.

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

Do you know why humans are so advanced in the first place? Protein. Man never would have made tools if he didn't eat meat. It's a fact.

Necrifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Necrifer
Member since 2010 • 10629 Posts

Do you know why humans are so advanced in the first place? Protein. Man never would have made tools if he didn't eat meat. It's a fact.

TheHighWind

There are other sources of protein besides meat.

Big_Bad_Sad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Big_Bad_Sad
Member since 2005 • 18243 Posts
If vegetarians love animals so much then why do they eat all their food?
Strider_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 Strider_91
Member since 2007 • 6570 Posts
I can't imagine they enjoy being at the bottom of the food chain..
ferrari2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ferrari2001
Member since 2008 • 17772 Posts

[QUOTE="TheHighWind"]

Necrifer

Yes there is but it's not near as widely available and as easy to obtain. It's a lot of work to eat nothing but meat substitutes all the time.
TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

[QUOTE="TheHighWind"]

Necrifer

Yeah but starving homowhatever didn't have any peanuts laying around. No tofu in the stone age.

superfluidity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 superfluidity
Member since 2010 • 2163 Posts

Eating meat is natural and I don't believe it is inherently immoral. But, I believe it should be limited to animals of lesser intelligence that are slaughtered humanely and sustainably.

nocoolnamejim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#17 nocoolnamejim
Member since 2003 • 15136 Posts
Never understood why people get so worked up about Peta to be honest. They aren't really impacting anyone that much. Yeah, I personally view them as a bit nutty...but live and let live.
MediumBread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MediumBread
Member since 2010 • 965 Posts

Never understood why people get so worked up about Peta to be honest. They aren't really impacting anyone that much. Yeah, I personally view them as a bit nutty...but live and let live.nocoolnamejim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6D9vAItORgE&ob=av2e

Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#19 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts
woo wooooh wooh... Human SHOULD kill animals for food. Why.. I only need one reason they are delicious. If PETA can't except that, than they should move to the moon. ferrari2001
I used to be a vegetarian. I have nothing against eating meat, I just have something against eating meat that was once a TORTURED ANIMAL. Watch a PETA video showing pigs getting kicked, cows getting beat, and chickens getting thrown around like trash. It's disgusting.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#20 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
[QUOTE="carljohnson3456"] I used to be a vegetarian. I have nothing against eating meat, I just have something against eating meat that was once a TORTURED ANIMAL. Watch a PETA video showing pigs getting kicked, cows getting beat, and chickens getting thrown around like trash. It's disgusting.

This is basically my thoughts on the matter.
Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
PETA are hypocrites that should not be listened to.. One of their top members is a diabetic that uses medication that would not be made possible with out animal testing.
Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#22 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts
PETA are hypocrites that should not be listened to.. One of their top members is a diabetic that uses medication that would not be made possible with out animal testing.sSubZerOo
Yeah, and they're calling out of Obama for swatting a fly was freaking insane. Totally outrageous. I dont always agree with PETA, but I agree we shouldnt freaking torture animals.
aransom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 aransom
Member since 2002 • 7408 Posts

If someone doesn't eat meat because they don't think it's healthy, I can respect that. If someone doesn't eat meat because they think it's immoral to kill animals, I can't respect that. How can you look at a cow and think it has a higher purpose than being made into steaks?

jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jimmyjammer69
Member since 2008 • 12239 Posts

I refer you to the experts.

I think it's taken as ok as long as it's vital for survival.

gamedude2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 gamedude2020
Member since 2004 • 3795 Posts

groups like that are intentionally annoying to get attention and publicity. they're just trolling us.

curono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 curono
[QUOTE="ferrari2001"]woo wooooh wooh... Human SHOULD kill animals for food. Why.. I only need one reason they are delicious. If PETA can't except that, than they should move to the moon. carljohnson3456
I used to be a vegetarian. I have nothing against eating meat, I just have something against eating meat that was once a TORTURED ANIMAL. Watch a PETA video showing pigs getting kicked, cows getting beat, and chickens getting thrown around like trash. It's disgusting.

Watch the discovery channel, kid, tell me about torture to get food. Lots of preys are eaten after they are on the floor of exhaustion, after fighting usselessly for their lives.
Avatar image for metallica_fan42
metallica_fan42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#27 metallica_fan42
Member since 2006 • 21143 Posts
It's funny how much hate there is for PETA, however in my life, being a fan of eating animals, I've never run into a member. Let them protest, I'm still going to have Prime Rib and Goat b**** just because I can.
MurasakiYugata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MurasakiYugata
Member since 2010 • 1713 Posts

If we were still living in tribes and needed to eat animals to survive, I expect many vegetarians would have no problem with it. But many cultures have evolved beyond the state where killing animals is necessary. If we can live healthy lives without eating meat, some people consider it our moral obligation to do so.

MurasakiYugata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MurasakiYugata

I just wanted to add...are we really going to claim it's an unfair double-standard if we hold humans to higher expectations that we do other animals? I mean, most people wouldn't have a problem with a bird taking a dump in the park, nor would they press sexual harassment against a dog that started humping their leg. If, on the other hand, you've got a human doing those exact same things...uh.... Given our intelligence and resources, I think it's reasonable to expect a bit more from humans.

Vesica_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30 Vesica_Prime
Member since 2009 • 7062 Posts

Here's what I heard one of my Christian friends say: If God didn't want us to eat meat, he wouldn't have made them so damn delicious.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MrGeezer
Member since 2002 • 59765 Posts

They debate that humans are so evolved that we shouldn't eat inferiour creatures for nourisment. Though it wouldn't surprise me if the PETA wanted to introduce salads to a lion.Treflis

This isn't PETA's doing, but you can actually find some sad and depressing pet horror stories about this kind of ****.

Yes, there are people who buy things like ****ing snakes, get upset after seeing their new pet eat a mouse, and then legitimately try to get their pet snake to eat goddamned salad. And they are especially puzzled when their snake somehow refuses to eat and then dies.

Hell yeah you see stories like this. Someone buys a monitor lizard (which are carnivorous), and refuses to feed it appropriate live prey. They give it lettuce and **** thinking, "my iguana ate lettuce, this lizard should do fine on lettuce too". Lizard dies.

Or the people who buy an iguana and think, "hey...this lizard actually eats lettuce. I guess that means I can feed it nothing but lettuce." The iguana then dies.

And then there are the people who dress their ****ing fogs and cats up in actual clothes, because they think that dogs and cats are actually little tiny furry people.

Again...I'm not accusing PETA of thinking like that. But there are absolutely people out there who DO. So the whole idea of someone thinking like that really isn't nearly as stupid as I would like to think it is.

testfactor888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 testfactor888
Member since 2010 • 7157 Posts
[QUOTE="ferrari2001"]woo wooooh wooh... Human SHOULD kill animals for food. Why.. I only need one reason they are delicious. If PETA can't except that, than they should move to the moon. carljohnson3456

They are just tenderizing the meat so its extra tasty
Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts

Anyone who refuses to eat meat is an idiot... we're not herbivores ffs, we're the very top of the damn food chain.

I'm sure most animals aren't 'tourtured', they are just slaugtered. it's a waste of time to beat the animals. Also, I don't expect people to handle animals they're are about to kill very gentally...

testfactor888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 testfactor888

I just wanted to add...are we really going to claim it's an unfair double-standard if we hold humans to higher expectations that we do other animals? I mean, most people wouldn't have a problem with a bird taking a dump in the park, nor would they press sexual harassment against a dog that started humping their leg. If, on the other hand, you've got a human doing those exact same things...uh.... Given our intelligence and resources, I think it's reasonable to expect a bit more from humans.

MurasakiYugata
*continues eating a burger huh sorry I was enjoying this so much I completely forgot what you we're saying
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MrGeezer

On the other hand...the meat at the grocery store or the local McDonalds doesn't come with a stamp stating that the animals weren't tortured. It's just meat, people buy that meat on the assumption that the animal wasn't tortured (you know...seeing as how there are laws against animal cruelty).

Sure you can watch videos of someone torturing pigs or chickens. I'll wager that you can also probably find videos of someone spitting in or pissingon someone else's hamburger. So? That doesn't really say much, other than that some people are willing to do some stupid **** in front of a camera.

Devil-Itachi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Devil-Itachi
Member since 2005 • 4387 Posts
Nothing wrong with us killing animals for food. Being excessive and putting them on the endangered list would be wrong though.
MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MrGeezer

If someone doesn't eat meat because they don't think it's healthy, I can respect that. If someone doesn't eat meat because they think it's immoral to kill animals, I can't respect that. How can you look at a cow and think it has a higher purpose than being made into steaks?

aransom

In all fairness, I can't condone that logic.

Someone could equally well decide that HUMANITY is garbage which serves no higher purpose. That humanity is worthless, that humans are fundamentally worse than feces. One absolutely COULD think that way, and many people actually DO. But...most still don't go out and murder and eat people.

One can equally ask why it would be the least bit rational to think that WE have any higher moral purpose beyond being slaves for the aliens once they arrive. All that's irrelevant. What it boils down to is sheer might, the ability to ENFORCE a particular set of moral values.

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MrGeezer

[QUOTE="MurasakiYugata"]

testfactor888

*continues eating a burger huh sorry I was enjoying this so much I completely forgot what you we're saying

It's a very valid point. The point is that PEOPLE are hypocrites. Not just Peta, but PEOPLE.

People justify what they want to do anyway, and then have a moral opposition to that which they dislike. Even if the justification for both is EXACTLY the same.

testfactor888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 testfactor888

[QUOTE="testfactor888"][QUOTE="MurasakiYugata"]

MrGeezer

It's a very valid point. The point is that PEOPLE are hypocrites. Not just Peta, but PEOPLE.

Is it REALLY necessary to capitalize WORDS in your sentences? I know you are TRYING to show emphasize but it really just MAKES what you are saying come off CONDESCENDING and its annoying

MrGeezer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MrGeezer

[QUOTE="MrGeezer"]

[QUOTE="testfactor888"] *continues eating a burger huh sorry I was enjoying this so much I completely forgot what you we're sayingtestfactor888

Is it REALLY necessary to capitalize WORDS in your sentences? I know you are TRYING to show emphasize but it really just MAKES what you are saying come off CONDESCENDING and its annoying

OKAY!!

If you SAY so.

I mean, I've been typing this way for a good ten YEARS now and hardly anyone ever seems to complain. But since YOU have a problem with it, I will STOP. I've never stopped BEFORE, but I'll make a special effort to stop NOW, just to satisfy YOU.

Okay...now I've gotten that out of my system. No more capitalized words starting....NOW!

testfactor888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 testfactor888

[QUOTE="testfactor888"]

[QUOTE="MrGeezer"]

MrGeezer

OKAY!!

If you SAY so.

I mean, I've been typing this way for a good ten YEARS now and hardly anyone ever seems to complain. But since YOU have a problem with it, I will STOP. I've never stopped BEFORE, but I'll make a special effort to stop NOW, just to satisfy YOU.

Okay...now I've gotten that out of my system. No more capitalized words starting....NOW!

Hey if you want to keep typing that way than be my guest. Just can't take anything you say seriously but I doubt you care so /shrug
MurasakiYugata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MurasakiYugata

[QUOTE="MrGeezer"]

[QUOTE="testfactor888"] *continues eating a burger huh sorry I was enjoying this so much I completely forgot what you we're sayingtestfactor888

I feel like I'm reading a comic book.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#43 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts

I think hunting for sport is a horrible thing, but in my opinion there isnt too much wrong with eating meat, thats just the way of the world.

Of course the animal has to be treated properly, cruelty to animals is never right.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#44 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts

Of course if a person chooses not to eat meat, I fully respect their decision , what annoys me is that some people who won't eat meat , will preach to me about why I should become a vegetarian.

I expect the same respect from them as I give them , which sadly isn't the case.

Overlord93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Overlord93
Member since 2007 • 12602 Posts
I love animals, they are tastey.AutoPilotOn
Brilliant :lol:
DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#46 DraugenCP
Member since 2006 • 8486 Posts

I'm a vegetarian, but I'm not against the principle of eating meat. I mean, I'm personally uncomfortable with doing so, but I know that a 'meatless' world is impossible. What DOES bother me is the way in which most production animals are treated. The word 'production' says it all. Nowadays, people insist on eating meat every day, yet are not prepared to pay an appropiate price, so they resort en masse to industrial farming and the like. Meat used to be a luxury product, now they see it as some kind of right or necessity (neither of which it is). So yeah, you can play the 'food chain' card and say animals eat other animals, but animals don't lock other animals in cages and force feed them with chemically enhanced food until they are either fat enough to be butchered or die of depression and loneliness.

PETA are hypocrites that should not be listened to.. One of their top members is a diabetic that uses medication that would not be made possible with out animal testing.

Are you refering to insulin? Because modern insulin is synthetic. At one time it was extracted from pigs, but calling that hypocrite is kind of like saying vegetarians are hypocrites for eating soja burgers because they're based on meat. Not that I don't think PETA aren't hypocrites...
DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 DraugenCP

Here's what I heard one of my Christian friends say: If God didn't want us to eat meat, he wouldn't have made them so damn delicious.

Vesica_Prime

If God didn't want us to have sex before marriage, he wouldn't have made women so damn attractive.

Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Inconsistancy

I'm a vegetarian, but I'm not against the principle of eating meat. I mean, I'm personally uncomfortable with doing so, but I know that a 'meatless' world is impossible. What DOES bother me is the way in which most production animals are treated. The word 'production' says it all. Nowadays, people insist on eating meat every day, yet are not prepared to pay an appropiate price, so they resort en masse to industrial farming and the like. Meat used to be a luxury product, now they see it as some kind of right or necessity (neither of which it is). So yeah, you can play the 'food chain' card and say animals eat other animals, but animals don't lock other animals in cages and force feed them with chemically enhanced food until they are either fat enough to be butchered or die of depression and loneliness.

DraugenCP
Huh, are you sure those cows are depressed, lonely? They certainly aren't lonely, they spend their Whole life living with other cows, other juicy cows.... And they walk w/o provocation into a slaughtering device, I don't think they posess the necessary intelligence to be depressed, where are their bandannas, guns and burning flags, WHERE IS THE BOVINE REBELION? Humans aren't designed to be herbivores, or we wouldn't have a vestige appendix. That's why sily veggies always look unhealthy, it's hard to convert plants into human flesh, however going from tastey cow to human is quite efficient.
DraugenCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 DraugenCP

[QUOTE="DraugenCP"]

Inconsistancy

Huh, are you sure those cows are depressed, lonely? They certainly aren't lonely, they spend their Whole life living with other cows, other juicy cows.... And they walk w/o provocation into a slaughtering device, I don't think they posess the necessary intelligence to be depressed, where are their bandannas, guns and burning flags, WHERE IS THE BOVINE REBELION? Humans aren't designed to be herbivores, or we wouldn't have a vestige appendix. That's why sily veggies always look unhealthy, it's hard to convert plants into human flesh, however going from tastey cow to human is quite efficient.

Not sure if srs, but I was refering to rabbits with that, actually, as it is commonly known they tend to die of depression or stress in their cages. They are quite smart and social animals that are rather sensitive to what happens around them.

Meat is healthy for humans as it contains proteins, but it's certainly not necessary to eat daily. In fact, that's a rather recent habit. Besides, similar proteins can be gathered from eggs or soja, so vegetarians do not have shortage of any vitamins at all as long as they have a healthy, balanced diet (which goes for everyone out there). Vegans do have to take extra vitamin pills and stuff, but it's certainly possible to live that way.

Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Inconsistancy
Eggs aren't veggie though.. and who the hell's eating bunnies? They're not practicle, that's like eating a cornish hen, it's just a pain in the ass, all tiny and useless, vs a real chicken. AND I WAS TALKING ABOUT COWS.