So the 10th year anniversary of 9/11 is coming

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cee1gee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 cee1gee
Member since 2008 • 2042 Posts

Do you feel anything has really "changed" since then for Americans? Good change or Bad change? or the Same?

I think everythings basically almost the same as 10 years ago..except the debt now is worse than when the towers fell...the Military is probably more Alert..and Intelligence gotten better...what about you? your thoughts?

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#2 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

lol not a big deal.

I'd say plenty has changed but not necessarily towards good.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

I feel the developed world is more secure and aware. Beyond that, what would you be looking for?

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts

nothing but more restrictions and annoyances, the political climate is now hate centric for both of the major parties... yea i got nothing good to say other than i have a job and expendable income.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

i think the US government backed programs have gotten less controlled. their setup but not backed programs and establishments arent even considering the governments interests and that the debt and employement rates are much worse. the system is getting out of hand.. they raided gibson for the second time for absolutely no reason and they are also not kicking bank of america in the pants where it needs a nice good foot mark.

obama and hsi administraiton have done nothing for the USA imho and argueably have made things worse.

id also like to point out that the 9/11 rescue teams arent welcome at the anniversary which is really wrong. i personnaly think that obama needs to be impeached and that perry should drop out of the runnings if he has any idea fo what the USA needs.

i also dont approve of the attempts to pressure the canadian government into making the border practically transparent for us backed programs such as homeland security, FEMA, us coast guard and the CIA. i considering it an attempt to bully our governemnt into violating or at the minimum harassing our sovereignty as a nation.

cee1gee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 cee1gee

i think the US government backed programs have gotten less controlled. their setup but not backed programs and establishments arent even considering the governments interests and that the debt and employement rates are much worse. the system is getting out of hand.. they raided gibson for the second time for absolutely no reason and they are also not kicking bank of america in the pants where it needs a nice good foot mark.

obama and hsi administraiton have done nothing for the USA imho and argueably have made things worse.

id also like to point out that the 9/11 rescue teams arent welcome at the anniversary which is really wrong. i personnaly think that obama needs to be impeached and that perry should drop out of the runnings if he has any idea fo what the USA needs.

i also dont approve of the attempts to pressure the canadian government into making the border practically transparent for us backed programs such as homeland security, FEMA, us coast guard and the CIA. i considering it an attempt to bully our governemnt into violating or at the minimum harassing our sovereignty as a nation.

ionusX
plus the freedom of americans are diminishing
Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

i personnaly think that obama needs to be impeached and that perry should drop out of the runnings if he has any idea fo what the USA needs.

ionusX

Please tell me you are joking.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38683 Posts
yeah. i have to remember to wear clean socks when i go to the airport now. freakin' terrorists.....
Planet_Pluto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Planet_Pluto
Member since 2011 • 2235 Posts

I'd say the big difference between then and now is that now, there is more scrutiny put on people. Unfortunately, the scrutiny is put on the WRONG people.

We have all this TSA (T&A) nonsense going on.... but it seems the main reason there hasn't been a successful attack is NOT because of our 'top notch' security..... it's because the 'evil doers' have been incompetent.

- Shoe Bomber: messed up (couldn't get his shoe lit)

- Underwear Bomber: messed up (mixed his chemicals too early)

- Times Square Bomber: messed up (didn't get the detonator right)

Of course, there was the shooting incident at Fort Hood. Then again, people who raised questions about the shooter's (Nidal Hassan) behaviour were either ignored or urged to keep quiet, as to not be labeled as racist.

So, the big difference between then and now is that now we have all sorts of 'checks' in place..... but I'm sad to say we use them in the worst and least effective ways.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Uhm, the economy is worse than it was 10 years ago?

cee1gee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 cee1gee

Uhm, the economy is worse than it was 10 years ago?

airshocker
are you asking? because if so then yes
comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 comp_atkins

I'd say the big difference between then and now is that now, there is more scrutiny put on people. Unfortunately, the scrutiny is put on the WRONG people.

We have all this TSA (T&A) nonsense going on.... but it seems the main reason there hasn't been a successful attack is NOT because of our 'top notch' security..... it's because the 'evil doers' have been incompetent.

Of course, there was the shooting incident at Fort Hood. Then again, people who raised questions about the shooter's (Nidal Hassan) behaviour were either ignored or urged to keep quiet, as to not be labeled as racist.

So, the big difference between then and now is that now we have all sorts of 'checks' in place..... but I'm sad to say we use them in the worst and least effective ways.

Planet_Pluto
seems the best thing to do is administer a quick intelligence test to screen for buffoonery. pass and you're ok to fly. fair and you might be a terrorist.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

are you asking? because if so then yescee1gee

Then I don't really see how things are "the same" as they were 10 years ago.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ionusX

[QUOTE="ionusX"]i personnaly think that obama needs to be impeached and that perry should drop out of the runnings if he has any idea fo what the USA needs.

sherman-tank1

not from what ive seen. while he hasnt ya know done anything downright terrible. hes not made things any better nor set them on a road to recovery. all hes done is stall timme the next guy comes along to take his seat and do something more productive. hes not helped the US in any real productive ways i feel which is just as bad as making things worse.

cee1gee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 cee1gee

[QUOTE="cee1gee"]are you asking? because if so then yesairshocker

Then I don't really see how things are "the same" as they were 10 years ago.

peoples attitudes never changed, the economy is still bad..so from being bad to still bad is not a change
Oleg_Huzwog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Oleg_Huzwog
Member since 2007 • 21885 Posts

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

[QUOTE="ionusX"]i personnaly think that obama needs to be impeached and that perry should drop out of the runnings if he has any idea fo what the USA needs.

ionusX

not from what ive seen. while he hasnt ya know done anything downright terrible. hes not made things any better nor set them on a road to recovery. all hes done is stall timme the next guy comes along to take his seat and do something more productive. hes not helped the US in any real productive ways i feel which is just as bad as making things worse.

Job performance is not an impeachable offense.

Planet_Pluto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Planet_Pluto

[QUOTE="Planet_Pluto"]

comp_atkins

seems the best thing to do is administer a quick intelligence test to screen for buffoonery. pass and you're ok to fly. fail and you might be a terrorist.

For a minute I wasn't sure if you were talking about passengers or TSA security agents.

It seems the TSA tests their applicants. Seems like the ones that fail are the ones that end up feeling us up at the airports.

lowkey254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#18 lowkey254
Member since 2004 • 6031 Posts

Things have changed for the worse. We gave away freedoms that we'll never get back. The economy is crap. Then there's the Tea Party, Waka Flaka, and Nicholas Cage is broke.

cee1gee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 cee1gee

[QUOTE="ionusX"]

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]Please tell me you are joking.

Oleg_Huzwog

Job performance is not an impeachable offense.

thinking of this reminds me of the time some guy that works at the ground zero said.."if it wasnt for Obama i wouldnt have this job right now, he got over 10000 new jobs...and i told him...those towers already had people in it to work before 9/11..that wasnt an accomplishment he got you that job

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

peoples attitudes never changed, the economy is still bad..so from being bad to still bad is not a changecee1gee

The economy wasn't bad 10 years ago.

cee1gee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 cee1gee

[QUOTE="cee1gee"]peoples attitudes never changed, the economy is still bad..so from being bad to still bad is not a changeairshocker

http://seekingalpha.com/article/257213-exploring-employment-over-the-past-10-years-through-charts thats a chart
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

ipersonnaly think that obama needs to be impeached and that perry should drop out of the runnings if he has any idea fo what the USA needs.ionusX

And what, pray tell, would he be impeached for?

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
I think Al Qaeda partially achieved their objective of destabilizing the west in the economic and political climate. 9/11 managed to lure the west into a deeper hole by engaging it in unwinnable wars, ridiculous amounts of expense and shaking both international and internal relationships in several countries.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

http://seekingalpha.com/article/257213-exploring-employment-over-the-past-10-years-through-charts thats a chart cee1gee

What aren't you understanding? Compared to today, the economy wasn't bad 10 years ago. You don't need a chart to figure that out.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#25 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

I think the world is a worse place for everyone since 9/11.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts

Some things have gotten better. At long last there is universal health care in the US - we've finally caught up with the rest of the developed world in that respect. Gay rights have also improved a lot throughout the decade. But a lot of things have changed for the worse. Campaign finance reform has gone backwards instead of forwards. Our system of governance has proven itself to be completely dysfunctional, if there was ever any doubt before. We were already a very unequal society 10 years ago - income and wealth inequality have only risen this past decade. And as a result of systemic fraudulent business practices from the financial industry, our financial system and economy has all but collapsed, and no one has really even been put on trial for what they've done.

So on balance, I would say things have changed for the worse. We are looking more and more like a banana republic by the day.

MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MushroomWig
Member since 2009 • 11625 Posts
I can't believe it's been 10 years, I remember watching the second plane hit live on TV in school. It still feels surreal.
cee1gee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 cee1gee
I can't believe it's been 10 years, I remember watching the second plane hit live on TV in school. It still feels surreal. MushroomWig
my school is literally 2 blocks away from the new towers...crazy
CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#29 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts
The only thing that changed in my opinion is now I get my junk fondled at the airport. Atleast I don't have to pay them when it is done. :lol: :P
Planet_Pluto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Planet_Pluto

The only thing that changed in my opinion is now I get my junk fondled at the airport. Atleast I don't have to pay them when it is done. :lol: :PF22_King_Raptor
Are you sure about that? Didn't they add in some security-type-taxes to air fair? (I'm not a frequent flyer so I could be wrong about that..... but I believe I remember reading something about that way back when).

MushroomWig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MushroomWig
Member since 2009 • 11625 Posts
The only thing that changed in my opinion is now I get my junk fondled at the airport. Atleast I don't have to pay them when it is done. :lol: :PF22_King_Raptor
So that's why you fly so often.
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 surrealnumber5

[QUOTE="F22_King_Raptor"]The only thing that changed in my opinion is now I get my junk fondled at the airport. Atleast I don't have to pay them when it is done. :lol: :PPlanet_Pluto

Are you sure about that? Didn't they add in some security-type-taxes to air fair? (I'm not a frequent flyer so I could be wrong about that..... but I believe I remember reading something about that way back when).

there is a 9/11 fee

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ionusX

[QUOTE="ionusX"]ipersonnaly think that obama needs to be impeached and that perry should drop out of the runnings if he has any idea fo what the USA needs.worlock77

i explianed this in a later post hes done nothing which is just as bad as making things worse when the US is in such dire straits.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cacc9e03b460
deactivated-5cacc9e03b460

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5cacc9e03b460
Member since 2005 • 6976 Posts

I've heard enough about 9/11 to last me a dozen lifetimes.:? Please! make it stop:cry:

Planet_Pluto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Planet_Pluto

[QUOTE="Planet_Pluto"]

[QUOTE="F22_King_Raptor"]The only thing that changed in my opinion is now I get my junk fondled at the airport. Atleast I don't have to pay them when it is done. :lol: :Psurrealnumber5

there is a 9/11 fee

Mercy me. You are exactly right. I can't believe I forgot that. They actually call it a 9/11 Fee.

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts
9/11 anniversary, huh? Strange. On my calendar I have it marked as first day of Sunday Football...
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 surrealnumber5

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="ionusX"]ipersonnaly think that obama needs to be impeached and that perry should drop out of the runnings if he has any idea fo what the USA needs.ionusX

i explianed this in a later post hes done nothing which is just as bad as making things worse when the US is in such dire straits.

he has done plenty, renew the patriot act, bailouts, attacking medical marijuana states, increasing the war on drugs,increase red tape, healthcare mandate. those just came off of the top of my head and their effects thus far have been screw the people, screw the people, screw the people, screw the people, screw the people, and screw the people respectively. oh and more war, undeclared war.....

POPEYE1716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 POPEYE1716
Member since 2003 • 4749 Posts

[QUOTE="ionusX"]

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

surrealnumber5

he has done plenty, renew the patriot act, bailouts, attacking medical marijuana states, increasing the war on drugs,increase red tape, healthcare mandate. those just came off of the top of my head and their effects thus far have been screw the people, screw the people, screw the people, screw the people, screw the people, and screw the people respectively. oh and more war, undeclared war.....

Thats the Republican way
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 surrealnumber5

[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"]

[QUOTE="ionusX"]

POPEYE1716

Thats the Republican way

i can make an equally long list of screwing the people from the bush years........but that wont negate obamas handy work, in fact i dont think the two should be used to justify each other as they so often are. bad and bad does not make Good, worse does not make bad better, i am really trying to think of a good thing done since 9/11 by the government.

Blue-Sky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#40 Blue-Sky
Member since 2005 • 10381 Posts

[QUOTE="cee1gee"]peoples attitudes never changed, the economy is still bad..so from being bad to still bad is not a changeairshocker

If only we can go back to Bill Clinton's economy.

Before the tax cuts.

UniverseIX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 UniverseIX
Member since 2011 • 989 Posts
things have changed have they changed in any significant way? no.
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 surrealnumber5

[QUOTE="airshocker"]

[QUOTE="cee1gee"]peoples attitudes never changed, the economy is still bad..so from being bad to still bad is not a changeBlue-Sky

Before the tax cuts.

and regulations, including healthcare mandate?

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="ionusX"]ipersonnaly think that obama needs to be impeached and that perry should drop out of the runnings if he has any idea fo what the USA needs.ionusX

I don't think you understand what impeachment is or how it works. Most people don't. You can't impeach him just because you don't like him. In order for a president to be impeached he has to have done something illegal first. And even then impeachment is next-to-meaningless. All impeachment is is a formal recognition of wrongdoing and an "all go" to begin proccedings to remove him from office. Even at that the process could take years and the President may well serve out his entire term before it ever comes to the removal from office part. Case in point: Bill Clinton.

T_REX305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 T_REX305
Member since 2010 • 11304 Posts

I don't feel any different and don't really care.

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts

[QUOTE="airshocker"]

[QUOTE="cee1gee"]peoples attitudes never changed, the economy is still bad..so from being bad to still bad is not a changeBlue-Sky

Before the tax cuts.

The economy under Clinton really wasn't that much better. Yes, the economy had done pretty well, but much of the harm caused by the recent financial crisis could've been avoided if people like Robert Rubin and his like minded peers in the Clinton administration of the neoliberal persuasion had not gotten their way.
comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 comp_atkins
good god i'll be happy when this "woe is us" attitude is done with... thing suck ( they don't even suck that badly ) so f-in what? put your head down and go to work and they'll get better. stop the pity party.
Mr_Cumberdale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Mr_Cumberdale
Member since 2004 • 10189 Posts
Nothing much changed. I don't think '9/11' was a a huge event that changed America.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e9357e99ffb8
deactivated-5e9357e99ffb8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-5e9357e99ffb8
Member since 2007 • 1255 Posts

Airport security has been bumped around the world, not saying its a bad thing, but some stuff is out of controll. Tweezers are banned from carry-ons now? What am I going to do, make over some one to death? :lol:

I live in Canada so the event wasent really a heart hitter, but I did my silence to the ones who were lost. I'm unaffected by it now.

Zlurodirom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Zlurodirom
Member since 2006 • 1281 Posts

9/11 anniversary, huh? Strange. On my calendar I have it marked as first day of Sunday Football...mrmusicman247

First thing I thought too.

Blue_Shield

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Blue_Shield
Member since 2010 • 2610 Posts

Less civil liberties, that's for damn sure.