So Onemanga is closing...

• 102 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Bloodseeker23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#51 Bloodseeker23
Member since 2008 • 8338 Posts
Pretty sad indeed. :(
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

I am rather worried about a certain website that starts with F and ends with u now, considering how other manga websites are being cracked down upon.Hexagon_777
C'mon, guys, you know what I mean, right? Anybody? Or have I been corrupted and is everybody else innocent?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127517 Posts
Damn it. I was about to buy some mangas because of that site...
MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts

[QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]I am rather worried about a certain website that starts with F and ends with u now, considering how other manga websites are being cracked down upon.Hexagon_777

C'mon, guys, you know what I mean, right? Anybody? Or have I been corrupted and is everybody else innocent?

The hint I'm getting here is that you're talking about a hentai site. In which case, probably best that no one knows.
TwilightTown15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 TwilightTown15
Member since 2009 • 1711 Posts

No! I actually use that site! I don't want it to shut down.. :x ....I guess I'll use a different site then...

VonLund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 VonLund
Member since 2010 • 32 Posts
Seems logical, if they did not have any legal permissions to post/upload/etc said mangas, I do not see a reason why they should be allowed to operate. Ideally, there would be legal means to view manga online in a "streaming" format if you will, as we have seen with some animes. However, the lack of any such services does not validate what amounts to theft. ^^
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Hexagon_777

[QUOTE="Hexagon_777"][QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]I am rather worried about a certain website that starts with F and ends with u now, considering how other manga websites are being cracked down upon.MAILER_DAEMON

The hint I'm getting here is that you're talking about a hentai site. In which case, probably best that no one knows.

Could be. I guess my attempt to lure out any visitors has failed. Nevertheless, it is still relevant to the subject matter and may eventually face the same fate as all the other websites mentioned here. Considering that OneManga did it by choice, I hope the others don't follow.

Darthkaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#58 Darthkaiser
Member since 2006 • 12447 Posts
I'm not really concerned about the manga site closing, it was a lousy site to begin with, I used it for a while but it tends to give naruto scans like two days AFTER the other sites have it, they have a pretty good collection though. So I moved to mangastream What concerns me is the fact that manga is going private now, that in a not far away future we won't be able to see any manga unless we pay for it....it's fair...and yet sad
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Hexagon_777

Seems logical, if they did not have any legal permissions to post/upload/etc said mangas, I do not see a reason why they should be allowed to operate. Ideally, there would be legal means to view manga online in a "streaming" format if you will, as we have seen with some animes. However, the lack of any such services does not validate what amounts to theft. ^^VonLund
It's their fault really. Basic economics teaches us that if supply does not meet demand, black markets will spring forth to meet said demand. This is another textbook example of such a case. Publishers should have realised the potential of the market long ago and by not doing so, they failed to capitalise upon what could have been a major stream of revenue. I do hope they learn something from this and actually try to meet demand but considering how long this black market has been functioning for, hope is but a meek ray of light amongst all the darkness.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#60 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Time to rage.

So sad to see them go. There are plenty of more manga sites out there though.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Hexagon_777

I'm not really concerned about the manga site closing, it was a lousy site to begin with, I used it for a while but it tends to give naruto scans like two days AFTER the other sites have it, they have a pretty good collection though. So I moved to mangastream What concerns me is the fact that manga is going private now, that in a not far away future we won't be able to see any manga unless we pay for it....it's fair...and yet sadDarthkaiser
Like with many other websites, advertisements could easily come up for what the consumer would normally be asked to pay. There is obviously a market and yet publishers are too foolish to see it. They have a massive following and advertisers will want to have access to said following. Cosnumers shouldn't and hopefully won't have to pay.

VonLund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 VonLund
Member since 2010 • 32 Posts

[QUOTE="VonLund"]Seems logical, if they did not have any legal permissions to post/upload/etc said mangas, I do not see a reason why they should be allowed to operate. Ideally, there would be legal means to view manga online in a "streaming" format if you will, as we have seen with some animes. However, the lack of any such services does not validate what amounts to theft. ^^Hexagon_777

It's their fault really. Basic economics teaches us that if supply does not meet demand, black markets will spring forth to meet said demand. This is another textbook example of such a case. Publishers should have realised the potential of the market long ago and by not doing so, they failed to capitalise upon what could have been a major stream of revenue. I do hope they learn something from this and actually try to meet demand but considering how long this black market has been functioning for, hope is but a meek ray of light amongst all the darkness.

Unfortunately, economic theory does not negate criminal acts. ;) As with the Record/Movie Industry though, the Anime/Manga Industry has shown itself to be rather slow witted regarding technological development. So no doubt, they are to blame, it is just no matter how silly their ideas may be, it is still their choice.
gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#63 gamingqueen
Member since 2004 • 31076 Posts

[QUOTE="VonLund"]Seems logical, if they did not have any legal permissions to post/upload/etc said mangas, I do not see a reason why they should be allowed to operate. Ideally, there would be legal means to view manga online in a "streaming" format if you will, as we have seen with some animes. However, the lack of any such services does not validate what amounts to theft. ^^Hexagon_777

They lost "potential" buyers! Of course it's their fault!

X has never bought a manga. X read a manga on Y website which uploads translated versions of mangas. X liked the manga so much that he bought it! As for the possibility of losing customers, I highly doubt it because many are accostmed to buying mangas especially when it costs them little. Many of those who buy actual books and I'm one of them TRADE those mangas for other books or RESELL them. Big deal!

And then there are people who have no choice but to read mangas online. I come from a region where everything is censored so even buying online won't do it. Not mention the number of countries which ship to mine, they can be counted with fingers.

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
Thankfully for me, I've stopped reading mangas for a while now.

[QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]I am rather worried about a certain website that starts with F and ends with u now, considering how other manga websites are being cracked down upon.Hexagon_777

I know which site you're referring too. :P
SoraX64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#65 SoraX64
Member since 2008 • 29221 Posts
[QUOTE="Lonelynight"]

Isn't that site mostly doujins though?
Commander-Gree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Commander-Gree
Member since 2009 • 4929 Posts
That sucks. I don't really read any manga anymore, but I used OneManga when I did.
jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

Where do people hear and find this stuff?X360PS3AMD05
The sites aren't hard to find lol. Just go go on google and type up read manga's online.

Avatar image for the_foreign_guy
the_foreign_guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 the_foreign_guy
Member since 2005 • 22657 Posts
[QUOTE="Lonelynight"]Thankfully for me, I've stopped reading mangas for a while now.

Oh man. I'm almost ashamed to know what you guys are talking about, but not really.
dercoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 dercoo
Member since 2006 • 12555 Posts

I have the feeling this is going to back fire for the publishers.

These kinds of sites helped build the strong Manga industry by showing people lesser known manga. This could lead to only the top manga surviving in the US, and hurt sales.

If a crunchyroll like site showed up for manga with cheap or even free manga, that would be awesome, but I fear that won't happen.

Mr_Cumberdale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#70 Mr_Cumberdale
Member since 2004 • 10189 Posts

I use to go there. I read raw manga elsewhere.

Also, there are 85k people at the onemanga forums right now. :O

SoraX64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#71 SoraX64
Member since 2008 • 29221 Posts
[QUOTE="the_foreign_guy"] Oh man. I'm almost ashamed to know what you guys are talking about, but not really.

Don't be ashamed, be proud. :x
Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Wanderer5
Member since 2006 • 25727 Posts

Just found out about this. I do use a couple other manga sites but One Manga was the one I use the most so I will miss it very much.:(

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
[QUOTE="SoraX64"][QUOTE="the_foreign_guy"] Oh man. I'm almost ashamed to know what you guys are talking about, but not really.

r4v3gl0ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#74 r4v3gl0ry
Member since 2006 • 1285 Posts

Well, it's where I went for to read a lot of unheard-of manga and manhwa series. But there are still plenty of options: mangareader, mangafox, just to name two sites. Tbh onemanga isn't the fastest with its releases. It has a wide selection but I just wanna get my Naruto chapters every week. It's one of the only mainstream series that I like, and it's getting really good right now.

Dystopian-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Dystopian-X
Member since 2008 • 8998 Posts
Sucks but there are plenty others out there.
6_volts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 6_volts
Member since 2008 • 5520 Posts
Never cared for that site cause it seems to lack lots of volumes.
WGTC007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#77 WGTC007
Member since 2007 • 6522 Posts

Never cared for that site cause it seems to lack lots of volumes.6_volts

Somewhat true.

Used to rely on OneManga for Lost Canvas and Next Dimension though :| Will have to look elsewhere.

fl4tlined

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#78 fl4tlined
Member since 2007 • 4134 Posts
i use mangafox sooo lol
NoobisMaxcimus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 NoobisMaxcimus
Member since 2007 • 2893 Posts

Guys is there any other manga site that is as large and diversified as onemanga?

OldKye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#80 OldKye
Member since 2005 • 399 Posts

it's stupid it's only meant to hurt the people who like their manga's think about it why do people read most of them so they don't have to buy it? go to borders sit down read all the books and walk out didn't cost me a dime just takes more time than my computer i read scans cause it's not unheard of for a manga to be 2-300 chapters behind what it is in japan by the time some English publisher buys the license and try's putting them out they are some times done in japan worse yet 50% of japans manga's aren't worth the money to them to translate and print double arts one of my favorite never made it to a manga at all only place you can find it in Japanese or English is online if not for OneManga i never would have even read it look i'm sorry you all feel cheated out of money but this wont make me buy it just makes me hate you no mater what protections you get I'm not buying your music or your movies or your manga's i'll still read them for free only difference is it will take two years longer tell i see them (if at all) hope they sleep better at night and it was all worth it to them

P.S every manga i own(which is a lot) i read online first every single one so i'll at least laugh if they make less money than they already feel is not enough and also most writers don't care and like the fans it's only the publishers who stand to lose money at all hows that for irony

dunl12496

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#81 dunl12496
Member since 2009 • 5710 Posts

Meh... I'm not interested in that stuff anymore.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Wanderer5

Guys is there any other manga site that is as large and diversified as onemanga?

NoobisMaxcimus

Probably Mangafox, but I haven't really check that site much so I can't really tell how it is compare to One Manga. There was also MangaHelpers but I think they were shutdown a few weeks ago.

soulless4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 soulless4now
Member since 2003 • 41388 Posts

I read about this earlier. I guess I'll just start using MangaFox to read my weekly chapters of Bleach and Naruto.

Wanderer5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Wanderer5

I read about this earlier. I guess I'll just start using MangaFox to read my weekly chapters of Bleach and Naruto.

soulless4now

You should also try Mangastream. They are pretty fast of uploading Naruto and Bleach chapters (usually midweek). I going to be using more of Mangafox for now but I have a feeling it going to be one of the next manga sites to be close down.

ghoklebutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#85 ghoklebutter
Member since 2007 • 19327 Posts
At least there's Spectrum Nexus.
Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Hexagon_777

[QUOTE="Hexagon_777"][QUOTE="VonLund"]Seems logical, if they did not have any legal permissions to post/upload/etc said mangas, I do not see a reason why they should be allowed to operate. Ideally, there would be legal means to view manga online in a "streaming" format if you will, as we have seen with some animes. However, the lack of any such services does not validate what amounts to theft. ^^VonLund

Unfortunately, economic theory does not negate criminal acts. ;) As with the Record/Movie Industry though, the Anime/Manga Industry has shown itself to be rather slow witted regarding technological development. So no doubt, they are to blame, it is just no matter how silly their ideas may be, it is still their choice.

Economic theory does not negate criminal acts, correct, but it can predict criminal acts as I depicted, and if publishers were too foolish to realise something so basic, then punishment for their feebleminded ways are well deserved. What's more, it is not their choice. Consumers decide. If they don't up their game, then by ceasing the existence of these manga websites they will only lose out since the manga websites at least provided them with something of value.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Hexagon_777

[QUOTE="Hexagon_777"][QUOTE="VonLund"]Seems logical, if they did not have any legal permissions to post/upload/etc said mangas, I do not see a reason why they should be allowed to operate. Ideally, there would be legal means to view manga online in a "streaming" format if you will, as we have seen with some animes. However, the lack of any such services does not validate what amounts to theft. ^^gamingqueen

They lost "potential" buyers! Of course it's their fault!

X has never bought a manga. X read a manga on Y website which uploads translated versions of mangas. X liked the manga so much that he bought it! As for the possibility of losing customers, I highly doubt it because many are accostmed to buying mangas especially when it costs them little. Many of those who buy actual books and I'm one of them TRADE those mangas for other books or RESELL them. Big deal!

And then there are people who have no choice but to read mangas online. I come from a region where everything is censored so even buying online won't do it. Not mention the number of countries which ship to mine, they can be counted with fingers.

That's great and all, but your first paragraph lacks perspective if you wish to suggest with sarcasm that I am wrong. Your second paragraph, however, proves my point rather well.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Hexagon_777

[QUOTE="Lonelynight"] [QUOTE="Hexagon_777"]C'mon, guys, you know what I mean, right? Anybody? Or have I been corrupted and is everybody else innocent?SoraX64

Isn't that site mostly doujins though?

I guess, but many of them are still sold, right? They are scanlations after all so they have to come from somewhere. If there is money involved, publishers will whine.

felipebo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 felipebo
Member since 2009 • 4170 Posts

Anyone recommend me a good place? Somewhere with good, quality scans.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Hexagon_777

If a crunchyroll like site showed up for manga with cheap or even free manga, that would be awesome, but I fear that won't happen.dercoo
It better happen. Free manga would be such a success for the publishers. If they can't look ahead, then they will fail.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Hexagon_777

Also, there are 85k people at the onemanga forums right now. :OMr_Cumberdale
That's more people than all of the GameSpot boards, no? :o

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Hexagon_777

[QUOTE="SoraX64"][QUOTE="the_foreign_guy"] Oh man. I'm almost ashamed to know what you guys are talking about, but not really.Lonelynight

Hell yea! :lol:

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Hexagon_777

Anyone recommend me a good place? Somewhere with good, quality scans.felipebo
A lot have already been mentioned. Just take a look. :)

felipebo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 felipebo
Member since 2009 • 4170 Posts

[QUOTE="felipebo"]Anyone recommend me a good place? Somewhere with good, quality scans.Hexagon_777

A lot have already been mentioned. Just take a look. :)

Stream only has newer chapters, Fox scans (for Bleach) are pixelated and ugly, and One is closed. I'm stumped.

Everiez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Everiez
Member since 2006 • 1946 Posts

[QUOTE="Lonelynight"][QUOTE="SoraX64"] Don't be ashamed, be proud. :xHexagon_777

*image*

Oh my this is surprise, it appears I'm not alone corrupted. If you know that place then you know other similar places during your journey finding it. :lol:

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Hexagon_777

[QUOTE="Hexagon_777"][QUOTE="Lonelynight"]*image*Everiez

Oh my this is surprise, it appears I'm not alone corrupted. If you know that place then you know other similar places during your journey finding it. :lol:

I don't, unfortunately.

Scr00I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Scr00I
Member since 2009 • 1130 Posts

I use Mangafox mainly, but the same thing could happen to it I guess. This just gives me incentive to finish some mangas now.

OpenCloset

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 OpenCloset
Member since 2010 • 124 Posts
Well that sucks. I used to read Naruto and Bleach there. But its ok cuz i got citymanga
LIONHEART-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 LIONHEART-_-
Member since 2010 • 2520 Posts

This is terrible news. All I have to say is good luck trying to get people to buy the manga. If anything, sites like Onemanga gave good publicity to mangas that would have otherwise received little to no attention at all.

R.I.P. you were a great site.

Sky-

I'm with you brother. Onemanga forums has been a second home for me aside from GS forums.