So how do you feel about Purity Balls?

• 137 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

poptart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 poptart
Member since 2003 • 7298 Posts

[QUOTE="InEMplease"]

Lol, TC said Balls.

But nah. Watched the video, they're not the worst parents in the world. FAR from it. Far, far, (10 minutes later) far, from it. Crazy? Aren't we all...

Teenaged

In the beginning I thought it was about actual balls used to prevent ...entry.

And I was thinking... doesnt that beat the purpose?

But yeah...

Ah yes - my thoughts exactly. When the vid started and the father was getting involved I thought, hang on a mo is he actually going to insert these purity balls himself?

Good golly gosh I thought.

Good golly...

Then I kept watching.

masiisam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 masiisam
Member since 2003 • 5723 Posts

If that's the choice they are making ..i don't see anything F*cked about it...

i might not agree with some of the things expressed..but the family looks like they care for each other...how that looks bad to anyone is beyond me..

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#103 theone86
Member since 2003 • 22669 Posts

After actually watching the video, wow, that is crazy. That checkboard the dad has just screams insecure and controlling, what a mindf*ck that has to be for those kids (and notice how some of them refuse to participate).

And am I the only one who sees the idiocy in wearing a ring that looks like an engagement ring until you get married? Sheś never going to meet anyone to get married to if everyone thinks sheś already off the market.

"I'm homeschooled," lawl, what a surprise.

Why are they wearing dresses to things, wouldn't burkas be more appropriate?

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

And am I the only one who sees the idiocy in wearing a ring that looks like an engagement ring until you get married?theone86

No, you aren't.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 theone86

i might not agree with some of the things expressed..but the family looks like they care for each other...how that looks bad to anyone is beyond me..

masiisam

No, that family looks like it has an obsessive and controlling father who speaks about women as if they were objects and who is teaching his daughters that natural human emotion and affection are a sin. Seems to me like this is a case of projection, Daddy was a poonhound when he was younger and because having daughters has changed his perspective he must reconcile his new views with his past actions, and being unable to do so without viewing himself negatively he instead generalizes his past outlook on to all young men and decides the only way to protect his daughters is to go to these absurd means.

Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#106 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
I really don't care for them, they can do whatever they want.
masiisam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 masiisam

[QUOTE="masiisam"]

theone86

No, that family looks like it has an obsessive and controlling father who speaks about women as if they were objects and who is teaching his daughters that natural human emotion and affection are a sin. Seems to me like this is a case of projection, Daddy was a poonhound when he was younger and because having daughters has changed his perspective he must reconcile his new views with his past actions, and being unable to do so without viewing himself negatively he instead generalizes his past outlook on to all young men and decides the only way to protect his daughters is to go to these absurd means.

You got all that from a 3 minute video? :|sounds more like cherry picking what you want to think and project...

you must be a really good therapist...ohh wait..

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 theone86

[QUOTE="theone86"]

[QUOTE="masiisam"]

masiisam

You got all that from a 3 minute video? :|sounds more like cherry picking what you want to think and project...

No, it's called paying attention to some REALLY obvious signs. Believe me, I'm the last person to say that you can have a five minute conversation with someone and accurately diagnose them, but there are some things that just stick out. The checkboard is one of them, that is insanely manipulative and a blatant indicator of psychological issues. The objectification part, referring to his daughters as gifts that he is going to be giving away and the mother saying that women were created to feel accepted by men. As for the rest, fine it's a guess, but it's an informed guess and it makes sense. That's why I started the sentence with "seems to me."

masiisam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 masiisam

[QUOTE="masiisam"]

[QUOTE="theone86"]

theone86

No, it's called paying attention to some REALLY obvious signs. Believe me, I'm the last person to say that you can have a five minute conversation with someone and accurately diagnose them, but there are some things that just stick out. The checkboard is one of them, that is insanely manipulative and a blatant indicator of psychological issues. The objectification part, referring to his daughters as gifts that he is going to be giving away and the mother saying that women were created to feel accepted by men. As for the rest, fine it's a guess, but it's an informed guess and it makes sense. That's why I started the sentence with "seems to me."

"Believe me,I'm the last person to say that you can have a five minute conversation with someone and accurately diagnose them"...You did just that :| so why start with "believe me"..who are you try to convince?..maybe yourself?

"That's why I started the sentence with "seems to me." No you didn't ..You started off with "NO" like you are coming from a position of authority referencing my post..nice try at backtracking ..just check the post...it's right there..

Then you carry on and say "No, it's called paying attention to some REALLY obvious signs"..that's the biggest horse S*it ever..you know nothing about what the family is "other then this video" and you claim you accurately diagnose them..WTF..what are you? 1st year and come onto a game forum to make yourself feel good by the limited book knowledge you have?

Really?

As i said something i raised an eyebrow at some of what was expressed..i think only a f*cking idiot would claim fact to something they no idea about and haven't spent any more time with it other than the 3 min video..but that's year 2 ..you'll get there..

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 theone86

[QUOTE="theone86"]

[QUOTE="masiisam"]

masiisam

"Believe me,I'm the last person to say that you can have a five minute conversation with someone and accurately diagnose them"...You did just that :| so why start with "believe me"..who are you try to convince?..maybe yourself?

"That's why I started the sentence with "seems to me." No you didn't ..You started off with "NO" like you are coming from a position of authority referencing my post..nice try at backtracking ..just check the post...it's right there..

Then you carry on and say "No, it's called paying attention to some REALLY obvious signs"..that's the biggest horse S*it ever..you know nothing about what the family is "other then this video" and you claim you accurately diagnose them..WTF..what are you? 1st year and come onto a game forum to make yourself feel good by the limited book knowledge you have?

Really?

As i said something i raised an eyebrow at some of what was expressed..i think only a f*cking idiot would claim fact to something they no idea about and haven't spent any more time with it other than the 3 min video..but that's year 2 ..you'll get there..

I never claimed to diagnose anyone, you can't diagnose someone in minutes. You can, however, gain insight into their mind in minutes. That's hardly a diagnosis, but it is something.

"Seems to me like this is a case of projection" No backtracking, just check it's right there.

Because those are very obvious signs. Obvious signs that you can detect are part of psychology, as are less obvious ones that you can't detect through simple conversation. The signs are there, any psychiatrist will tell you that checkboard is a giant red flag.

F*cking idiot, says the person who quotes out of context and flies off the handle when someone states the obvious.

TopTierHustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 TopTierHustler
Member since 2012 • 3894 Posts
I actually saw a study a while back that had shown people who buy into the purity balls thing were just as likely to have sex, but much more likely to do it without protection and much more likely to cheat and lie about having sex later. So, I'm opposed to it. I think it just teaches sexual repression and habits of lying.
theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 theone86

I actually saw a study a while back that had shown people who buy into the purity balls thing were just as likely to have sex, but much more likely to do it without protection and much more likely to cheat and lie about having sex later. So, I'm opposed to it. I think it just teaches sexual repression and habits of lying.TopTierHustler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIqG8odfRHI&feature=related

My favorite line: (about abstinence themed clothes) "Here's one on panties! Now, if you're close enough to read this I'm guessing the game is up."

masiisam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 masiisam

[QUOTE="masiisam"]

[QUOTE="theone86"]

theone86

Really?

I never claimed to diagnose anyone, you can't diagnose someone in minutes. You can, however, gain insight into their mind in minutes. That's hardly a diagnosis, but it is something.

"Seems to me like this is a case of projection" No backtracking, just check it's right there.

Because those are very obvious signs. Obvious signs that you can detect are part of psychology, as are less obvious ones that you can't detect through simple conversation. The signs are there, any psychiatrist will tell you that checkboard is a giant red flag.

F*cking idiot, says the person who quotes out of context and flies off the handle when someone states the obvious.

I never claimed to diagnose anyone?

Really? your whole rant is nothing but that

"No, that family looks like it has an obsessive and controlling father who speaks about women as if they were objects and who is teaching his daughters that natural human emotion and affection are a sin. Seems to me like this is a case of projection, Daddy was a poonhound when he was younger and because having daughters has changed his perspective he must reconcile his new views with his past actions, and being unable to do so without viewing himself negatively he instead generalizes his past outlook on to all young men and decides the only way to protect his daughters is to go to these absurd means."

just stop..I'm just calling you on your BS..you're only making it worse..you have NOTHING to base your claim..other then a sign or two..

I agree with you on the check board..why do you think i keep saying i raised an eyebrow? BUT that doesn't mean more than what it is WITHOUT knowing more..i didn't take it to the stupid levels you did..that's why i think your 1st year...if that..

It's ironic you say "F*cking idiot, says the person who quotes out of context and flies off the handle when someone states the obvious." when out of context as ALL you have done..you don't know S*it but try to come from authoritywhen you dont know S*it....let me say again you dont know S*it..dont try to come off like you do..it makes you look like a tool...

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 theone86

[QUOTE="theone86"]

[QUOTE="masiisam"]

Really?

masiisam

"No, that family looks like it has an obsessive and controlling father who speaks about women as if they were objects and who is teaching his daughters that natural human emotion and affection are a sin. Seems to me like this is a case of projection, Daddy was a poonhound when he was younger and because having daughters has changed his perspective he must reconcile his new views with his past actions, and being unable to do so without viewing himself negatively he instead generalizes his past outlook on to all young men and decides the only way to protect his daughters is to go to these absurd means."

just stop..I'm just calling you on your BS..you're only making it worse..you have NOTHING to base your claim..other then a sign or two..

I agree with you on the check board..why do you think i keep saying i raised an eyebrow? BUT that doesn't mean more than what it is WITHOUT knowing more..i didn't take it to the stupid levels you did..that's why i think your 1st year...if that..

It's ironic you say "F*cking idiot, says the person who quotes out of context and flies off the handle when someone states the obvious." when out of context as ALL you have done..you don't know S*it but try to come from authoritywhen you dont know S*it....let me say again you dont know S*it..dont try to come off like you do..it makes you look like a tool...

And I'm calling your BS. I've already explained EXACTLY where I get most of these things from, I'll explain the rest now. Teaching daughters that natural human emotion and affection is a sin, I get that from the part where the girl says she won't so much as kiss a boy until she's married because it's a sin.

Yeah, I don't know sh*t, whereas I'm the one providing a cogent explanation for everything I've said and you're just continually accusing me of not knowing sh*t. Everything I stated as a fact is a fact, everything I QUALIFIED with the phrase "seems to me" is REASONABLE speculation. Unless you can show that something I stated as fact is not fact or that my speculation is unreasonable then I guess I do perhaps know sh*t.

starfox15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#115 starfox15
Member since 2006 • 3988 Posts

Yeah. Same deal as the purity ring. Brainwashing your kids by taking them to a dance (which is incredibly creepy) and telling them not to have sex till their married is only going to lead to disappointment and frustration.

"I hope I don't end up kissing a boyfriend or something like that, I'll ask for forgiveness from God though if it happens." -Brainwashed youth.

Absurd.

Teach your kids about safe sex, make sure they have access to protection and whatever you can provide to them. Offer advice and just be there. Don't be some kind of authoritative dick that pretends you know what's best.

masiisam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 masiisam

[QUOTE="masiisam"]

[QUOTE="theone86"]

theone86

And I'm calling your BS. I've already explained EXACTLY where I get most of these things from, I'll explain the rest now. Teaching daughters that natural human emotion and affection is a sin, I get that from the part where the girl says she won't so much as kiss a boy until she's married because it's a sin.

Yeah, I don't know sh*t, whereas I'm the one providing a cogent explanation for everything I've said and you're just continually accusing me of not knowing sh*t. Everything I stated as a fact is a fact, everything I QUALIFIED with the phrase "seems to me" is REASONABLE speculation. Unless you can show that something I stated as fact is not fact or that my speculation is unreasonable then I guess I do perhaps know sh*t.

My BS?..were is my rant? as*hole..

You haven't explained other than assumption..are you as F*cken stupidas the dad you THINK you have pegged?..don't praise yourself..you don't know S*it..year 2 they will teach you that ..i hope you grasp that to the full extent

Let me say again OTHER than the video ..you don't **** you claim what you assume is fact?..I can pull up a few 911 tapes and from that the US is all about da conspiracy!!!11! ..must be da fact!!!11!

It funny you put the burden on MY shoulders to prove to you fact when there is only assumption...Cant have your cake at eat it too..you F*cken moron..

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36047 Posts

Yeah. Same deal as the purity ring. Brainwashing your kids by taking them to a dance (which is incredibly creepy) and telling them not to have sex till their married is only going to lead to disappointment and frustration.

"I hope I don't end up kissing a boyfriend or something like that, I'll ask for forgiveness from God though if it happens." -Brainwashed youth.

Absurd.

Teach your kids about safe sex, make sure they have access to protection and whatever you can provide to them. Offer advice and just be there. Don't be some kind of authoritative dick that pretends you know what's best.

starfox15

I would personally suggest that they wait a few years (that way they are more intelligent about the ways of the world), but at the same time I don't really feel like abstinence only is something that should be taught.

As far a these purity balls go, well they are creepy and are clearly going about things the wrong way.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

Oh God, I'm like two minutes into the video and it is HORRIBLE

DO PEOPLE ACTUALLY DO THIS???? JESUS F*CK!!!!!!

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#119 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

your balls are unclean.....PURIFY THEM

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
I dunno know, the family seems really nice. The whole date with your father is a little disturbing, but there is an atmosphere of caring around there. A little too conservative for my taste but its not terrible really.
GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts

your balls are unclean.....PURIFY THEM

wis3boi
lick them clean b!tch.
binpink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 binpink
Member since 2009 • 9163 Posts

Wait, if they can't have any contact with members of the opposite sex until they are married how do they meet somebody they want to marry?metroidprime55

Maybe it's like what happend with that Duggar kid. You meet someone from a family exactly like your's and then you 'court'- aka go on chaperoned dates until you get married and at most you hold hands until then. No REAL physical contact required.

Lord_Kotaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Lord_Kotaro
Member since 2012 • 56 Posts

"Going out with guys, and doing things that aren't right...and kissing..."

That was a strange experience. I got increasingly creeped out until the father talked about how he dates his daughter. That was tough to beat.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Serraph105

[QUOTE="metroidprime55"]Wait, if they can't have any contact with members of the opposite sex until they are married how do they meet somebody they want to marry?binpink

Maybe it's like what happend with that Duggar kid. You meet someone from a family exactly like your's and then you 'court'- aka go on chaperoned dates until you get married and at most you hold hands until then. No REAL physical contact required.

so on wedding night, how will you know what to do? Also how do you know about prtoection. Also also, who's that Duggar kid?
Lord_Kotaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Lord_Kotaro
Member since 2012 • 56 Posts

[QUOTE="binpink"]

[QUOTE="metroidprime55"]Wait, if they can't have any contact with members of the opposite sex until they are married how do they meet somebody they want to marry?Serraph105

so on wedding night, how will you know what to do? Also how do you know about prtoection. Also also, who's that Duggar kid?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp-jZyzQSms

binpink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 binpink
Member since 2009 • 9163 Posts

so on wedding night, how will you know what to do? Also how do you know about prtoection. Also also, who's that Duggar kid?Serraph105

Hopefully their creepy father will tell them what's supposed to happened. Just the A+B=C part, not the 'it's supposed to be a pleasurable experience' part.
Protection? Not going to happen.
Just google the Duggar family. Unless you're just yanking my chain because really I thought everyone knew about them and their 20 kids.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Serraph105

[QUOTE="Serraph105"]so on wedding night, how will you know what to do? Also how do you know about prtoection. Also also, who's that Duggar kid?binpink

Hopefully their creepy father will tell them what's supposed to happened. Just the A+B=C part, not the 'it's supposed to be a pleasurable experience' part.
Just google the Duggar family. Unless you're just yanking my chain because really I thought everyone knew about them and their 20 kids.

I'm not messing with you. Googling now though.

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#128 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts

[QUOTE="Serraph105"]so on wedding night, how will you know what to do? Also how do you know about prtoection. Also also, who's that Duggar kid?binpink

yeah 20 kids is the least amount of kids your gonna have with all that built up sexual tension.

weezyfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#129 weezyfb
Member since 2009 • 14703 Posts
Those dads just oozed creepy
TopTierHustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 TopTierHustler
Member since 2012 • 3894 Posts

[QUOTE="Serraph105"][QUOTE="binpink"]

Lord_Kotaro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp-jZyzQSms

Not surprised; with that much sexual repression I'm surprised he didn't rip her dress of and push her to the ground.

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Teenaged
Member since 2007 • 31764 Posts

[QUOTE="theone86"]

[QUOTE="masiisam"]

masiisam

My BS?..were is my rant? as*hole..

You haven't explained other than assumption..are you as F*cken stupidas the dad you THINK you have pegged?..don't praise yourself..you don't know S*it..year 2 they will teach you that ..i hope you grasp that to the full extent

Let me say again OTHER than the video ..you don't **** you claim what you assume is fact?..I can pull up a few 911 tapes and from that the US is all about da conspiracy!!!11! ..must be da fact!!!11!

It funny you put the burden on MY shoulders to prove to you fact when there is only assumption...Cant have your cake at eat it too..you F*cken moron..

LOL dude, please.... take your hurt feelings elsewhere.

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#132 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

Insane.

Totally insane.

Just fathers being crazily overprotective. Its so hypocritical and bizarre.

Zaibach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#133 Zaibach
Member since 2007 • 13466 Posts

of course we think its creepy, majority of us are dudes (poon hunters),

I want to hear from GS female posters on the issue.

theone86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 theone86

[QUOTE="binpink"]

[QUOTE="metroidprime55"]Wait, if they can't have any contact with members of the opposite sex until they are married how do they meet somebody they want to marry?Serraph105

Protection for them is called the rythym method.

TheFatPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 TheFatPerson
Member since 2011 • 1806 Posts

Oh...a "ball" as in a dance.

Am I the only one that thought it was gonna be something else...?

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#136 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

I appreciate the naive innocence of the whole thing, but if nothing else it opens up your daughter to about a million nasty incest jokes from the other kids. I dunno, I think you've got to raise your kids as best you can to be mature and responsible. And by the time they're in their late teens, you've gotta quit treating them like they're 5, trust that they've got a brain in their head, and just kind of let them live their lives.

CoolSkAGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 CoolSkAGuy
Member since 2006 • 9665 Posts
I like to encourage the filth in girls so... no.