since the universe is too big, there must be aliens, right? WRONG

• 184 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

huladog123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

#1 huladog123
Member since 2005 • 4212 Posts
People usually use this philosophy to defend their beliefs in aliens. We have no idea how big the universe is, because God is amazing and i believe that the universe was made for us to explore and discover new things, ideas, and inventions. Just because the univrse is big doesn't mean that there are aliens. If there were aliens, it would've said that God made them in the Bible. The bible says, "God made the heavens, and the earth" heavens meaning the universe, but earth meaning: the only special little tiny planet that's inhabitible. If there were aliens, the Bible would've said "God made the heavens, the Earth, and mars." or something like that. any disagreements? I only have a few more minutes before i have to leave.
Chone-Figgins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Chone-Figgins
Member since 2007 • 354 Posts
alright well because you believe in everything the Bible says....your opinions on science dont count
hokey-pokey18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 hokey-pokey18
Member since 2006 • 3258 Posts
What if there is no god?
LouieV13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

#4 LouieV13
Member since 2005 • 7604 Posts
err... you know the bible is fiction right?... feel sorry for you =/
TongHua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TongHua
Member since 2007 • 2929 Posts

People usually use this philosophy to defend their beliefs in aliens. We have no idea how big the universe is, because God is amazing and i believe that the universe was made for us to explore and discover new things, ideas, and inventions. Just because the univrse is big doesn't mean that there are aliens. If there were aliens, it would've said that God made them in the Bible. The bible says, "God made the heavens, and the earth" heavens meaning the universe, but earth meaning: the only special little tiny planet that's inhabitible. If there were aliens, the Bible would've said "God made the heavens, the Earth, and mars." or something like that. any disagreements? I only have a few more minutes before i have to leave.huladog123

Mars exists.

Holy crap bible refuted.

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts
And we don't even know if the bible is indeed correct or not, and who knows, maybe God forgot about creating aliens or something. :P
Mr47fitter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Mr47fitter
Member since 2007 • 2273 Posts
Well I read in harry potter that magic does exist.
Funkdaddy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Funkdaddy13
Member since 2003 • 8930 Posts
Oh, and one more thing. Simple life has already been found on Mars so yeah... ;)
megagene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 megagene
Member since 2005 • 23160 Posts
You're just trolling right?
thisoldman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 thisoldman
Member since 2003 • 207 Posts
i smell a troll
xxDustmanxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 xxDustmanxx
Member since 2007 • 2598 Posts

You know what,i had a super heated philisophical battle with silver dragon earlier today,he was atleast an intellegent adversary.This guy is not even worth my breath.

Hes the type that will counter my logic with

"this is true cause the bible says so" then plug his ears and go blablablablablablablabla!!!!!!

wow.

Funkdaddy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Funkdaddy13
I've noticed that a lot of people with dogs and wolves in their avi's and sigs seem to be extremely religious....
_Marisa_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 _Marisa_
Member since 2003 • 12204 Posts
I just don't understand why people feel the need to make an entire thread about their opinion and then state it as fact. It's so ridiculous.
Avatar image for -TheSecondSign-
-TheSecondSign-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 -TheSecondSign-
Member since 2007 • 9301 Posts
We've already found what are possibly micro organisms in a few places in outer space. That does nothing to disprove God's existence.
Erasorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Erasorn
Member since 2004 • 14502 Posts
Actually, in an infinite universe, there is a planet that is just like ours except that it has the correct version of the bible that included those things.
Funkdaddy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Funkdaddy13
I just don't understand why people feel the need to make an entire thread about their opinion and then state it as fact. It's so ridiculous._Marisa_

You know what,i had a super heated philisophical battle with silver dragon earlier today,he was atleast an intellegent adversary.This guy is not even worth my breath.

"this is true cause the bible says so" then plug his ears and go blablablablablablablabla!!!!!!

wow.

xxDustmanxx
Seriously... At least most christians are smart enough to agree with evolution and think that god created it but then there's people like this... People like the OP are the reason the US education system is failing...
xxDustmanxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 xxDustmanxx
[QUOTE="_Marisa_"]I just don't understand why people feel the need to make an entire thread about their opinion and then state it as fact. It's so ridiculous.Funkdaddy13

wow.

xxDustmanxx

Seriously... At least most christians are smart enough to agree with evolution and think that god created it but then there's people like this... People like the OP are the reason the US education system is failing...

I wouldnt say most.

middito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 middito
Member since 2003 • 955 Posts

brain-washed logic is flawed. you are personally molding an ancient text to fit your own personal beliefs, putting words in the creators mouth, abusing religon like the millions before you. God never said the world was 6000 years old, just as God never said there is no life outside of earth. But Yet The Lords Kingdom is Not of this World.Most Bibical Controversy is derived from limited selfish thought. As a Human you need to understand that you don't know the answers, that you don't know something as earth-shattering as extra-terrestrials.

Besides from a scientific stand-point the building blocks for life are abundant out in the vast cosmos, even in the outer moons of our solar system. Space.comIf you don't believe there are hundreds if not thousands of articles supporting this fact based off of NASA, Satelite, and evenAstrophysical reports.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts
and your not using philosophy? ayways doesnt matter what i was originally going to say was that maybe your right we dont know how big the universe is but i do happen to know that the Earth looks like a speck of dust before you even get out of the arm of the milky way galaxy that we reside in not to mention getting out of the entire galaxy itself so yeah the universe is very big
stevendiep_100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 stevendiep_100
Member since 2004 • 2193 Posts

People usually use this philosophy to defend their beliefs in aliens. We have no idea how big the universe is, because God is amazing and i believe that the universe was made for us to explore and discover new things, ideas, and inventions. Just because the univrse is big doesn't mean that there are aliens. If there were aliens, it would've said that God made them in the Bible. The bible says, "God made the heavens, and the earth" heavens meaning the universe, but earth meaning: the only special little tiny planet that's inhabitible. If there were aliens, the Bible would've said "God made the heavens, the Earth, and mars." or something like that. any disagreements? I only have a few more minutes before i have to leave.huladog123

You might not want to believe it, you might not want to hear it, but WE made god

Funkdaddy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Funkdaddy13
[QUOTE="Funkdaddy13"][QUOTE="_Marisa_"]I just don't understand why people feel the need to make an entire thread about their opinion and then state it as fact. It's so ridiculous.xxDustmanxx

wow.

xxDustmanxx

I wouldnt say most.

The US is the only "Christian nation" that believes in creationism...
Paragon_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Paragon_
Member since 2007 • 103 Posts

1) There is no God

2) The fact that you believe in the bible makes you loose any credibility in scienceFunkdaddy13

Link?

And, you do know that science supports the Bible right? It's ignorant people like yourself who don't understand the religion or how it relates to your "science."

xxDustmanxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 xxDustmanxx

[QUOTE="huladog123"]People usually use this philosophy to defend their beliefs in aliens. We have no idea how big the universe is, because God is amazing and i believe that the universe was made for us to explore and discover new things, ideas, and inventions. Just because the univrse is big doesn't mean that there are aliens. If there were aliens, it would've said that God made them in the Bible. The bible says, "God made the heavens, and the earth" heavens meaning the universe, but earth meaning: the only special little tiny planet that's inhabitible. If there were aliens, the Bible would've said "God made the heavens, the Earth, and mars." or something like that. any disagreements? I only have a few more minutes before i have to leave.stevendiep_100

You might not want to believe it, you might not want to hear it, but WE made god

So man made god in his image,and for a time it was good...

Brainkiller05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Brainkiller05
Member since 2005 • 28954 Posts

Trolly subject.

Believe what you like, just don't come stick it in everyone else's faces.

GameFreak315

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 GameFreak315
Member since 2003 • 28485 Posts
You know that "heavens" can refer to anything that's not Earth, right?
Paragon_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Paragon_

[QUOTE="huladog123"]People usually use this philosophy to defend their beliefs in aliens. We have no idea how big the universe is, because God is amazing and i believe that the universe was made for us to explore and discover new things, ideas, and inventions. Just because the univrse is big doesn't mean that there are aliens. If there were aliens, it would've said that God made them in the Bible. The bible says, "God made the heavens, and the earth" heavens meaning the universe, but earth meaning: the only special little tiny planet that's inhabitible. If there were aliens, the Bible would've said "God made the heavens, the Earth, and mars." or something like that. any disagreements? I only have a few more minutes before i have to leave.stevendiep_100

Link?

Fortier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Fortier
Member since 2004 • 7728 Posts

You know what? The bible also didn't say we'd be listening to music on iPods in the 00's, invent TV, or raise cattle in mass so we can eat them...your logic isn't very solid...

Although, you are right about one thing, despite the base of your belief in it being desperately flawed. Just because the universe is huge really doesn't mean aliens exist...it says they're highly likely to exist.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Serraph105

[QUOTE="Funkdaddy13"]1) There is no God

2) The fact that you believe in the bible makes you loose any credibility in scienceParagon_

Link?

And, you do know that science supports the Bible right? It's ignorant people like yourself who don't understand the religion or how it relates to your "science."

Funkdaddy whydont you do us religious people a favor andshove it ok? there are reasons people believe in god that are very strong and dear to them and believe it or not people dont appreciate others telling them these reasons are wrong

Funkdaddy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Funkdaddy13
And, you do know that science supports the Bible right?Paragon_
How so?
[QUOTE="stevendiep_100"]

[QUOTE="huladog123"]People usually use this philosophy to defend their beliefs in aliens. We have no idea how big the universe is, because God is amazing and i believe that the universe was made for us to explore and discover new things, ideas, and inventions. Just because the univrse is big doesn't mean that there are aliens. If there were aliens, it would've said that God made them in the Bible. The bible says, "God made the heavens, and the earth" heavens meaning the universe, but earth meaning: the only special little tiny planet that's inhabitible. If there were aliens, the Bible would've said "God made the heavens, the Earth, and mars." or something like that. any disagreements? I only have a few more minutes before i have to leave.Paragon_

Link?

Religion was only created for early civilizations to keep control of their people and to explain what could not be explained at the time. Thanks to science, we've already proven that God didn't create the earth and the universe isn't 6000 years old. I find it ironic that you call me ignorant yet you back up your facts using a fictional book written at least 300 years after the death of the supposed son of God instead of proven scientific fact.
o_sausage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#31 o_sausage
Member since 2006 • 5919 Posts
Actually there are aliens... There is actually 12 million in the US alone :shock:
Paragon_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Paragon_

err... you know the bible is fiction right?... feel sorry for you =/LouieV13

Link?

Deadbeatcobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Deadbeatcobra
Member since 2006 • 1913 Posts

[QUOTE="LouieV13"]err... you know the bible is fiction right?... feel sorry for you =/Paragon_

Link?

you got a link that its non-fiction ?
Funkdaddy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Funkdaddy13
[QUOTE="Paragon_"]

2) The fact that you believe in the bible makes you loose any credibility in scienceSerraph105

Link?

Funkdaddy whydont you do us religious people a favor andshove it ok? there are reasons people believe in god that are very strong and dear to them and believe it or not people dont appreciate others telling them these reasons are wrong

Sorry about that. It was ignorant of me to say number one... Problem is, you tell me to shove it yet you guys (not youy) always post these topics trying to disprove science with faith.
Avatar image for gamesfreak4ever
gamesfreak4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

#35 gamesfreak4ever
Member since 2005 • 2005 Posts

also in case you didnt know guys

mars use to have water and trees and was able to suppurt life and if look at mars it sorta looks like a older version of earth what scientists are trying to discover now is "what happen"

and 11% of americans(or it was maybe13%)have seen super natural effects with no explantion found yet

and... also theres no proof in god either(and i do go to church ok)

mark4091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 mark4091
Member since 2007 • 3780 Posts

I've noticed that a lot of people with dogs and wolves in their avi's and sigs seem to be extremely religious....Funkdaddy13

agreed.

xxDustmanxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 xxDustmanxx
[QUOTE="Paragon_"]

2) The fact that you believe in the bible makes you loose any credibility in scienceSerraph105

Link?

People like funkdaddy dont appreciate you telling him to shove it,that is not very nice.This is a debate,if you claim to know the truth then kindly leave since there is no reason for you to debate.

Thank you.Good night

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Serraph105
[QUOTE="Serraph105"][QUOTE="Paragon_"]

2) The fact that you believe in the bible makes you loose any credibility in sciencexxDustmanxx

Link?

People like funkdaddy dont appreciate you telling him to shove it,that is not very nice.This is a debate,if you claim to know the truth then kindly leave since there is no reason for you to debate.

Thank you.Good night

please see my previous post where i disagree with the TC

also Funkdaddy appology accepted it wasnt that big aof a deal to begin with (hope you read this)

Funkdaddy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Funkdaddy13
People like funkdaddy dont appreciate you telling him to shove it,that is not very nice.This is a debate,if you claim to know the truth then kindly leave since there is no reason for you to debate. Thank you.Good nightxxDustmanxx
Thanks, I guess... :P
xxDustmanxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 xxDustmanxx
no prob just pointing out a major hipocracy.
lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 lonewolf604
Member since 2007 • 8747 Posts
everything about life is complicated, no one knows. i mean, how did reality come about, the HUMAN RACE, its all weird when you think about it, why is earth the perfect distance away from the sun, blah blah
middito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 middito
Member since 2003 • 955 Posts

brain-washed logic is flawed. you are personally molding an ancient text to fit your own personal beliefs, putting words in the creators mouth, abusing religon like the millions before you. God never said the world was 6000 years old, just as God never said there is no life outside of earth. But Yet The Lords Kingdom is Not of this World. Most Bibical Controversy is derived from limited selfish thought. As a Human you need to understand that you don't know the answers, that you don't know something as earth-shattering as extra-terrestrials.

Besides from a scientific stand-point the building blocks for life are abundant out in the vast cosmos, even in the outer moons of our solar system. Space.comIf you don't believe there are hundreds if not thousands of articles supporting this fact based off of NASA, Satelite, and even Astrophysical reports.

middito

And yes, i quoted myself

jubjub13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43 jubjub13
Member since 2004 • 2064 Posts
I've noticed that a lot of people with dogs and wolves in their avi's and sigs seem to be extremely religious....Funkdaddy13
i was just thinking the same thing
xxDustmanxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 xxDustmanxx

everything about life is complicated, no one knows. i mean, how did reality come about, the HUMAN RACE, its all weird when you think about it, why is earth the perfect distance away from the sun, blah blahlonewolf604

I have thought long and hard on those subjects and many more,and still do.Sometimes it just drives me mad.

Funkdaddy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Funkdaddy13
everything about life is complicated, no one knows. i mean, how did reality come about, the HUMAN RACE, its all weird when you think about it, why is earth the perfect distance away from the sun, blah blahlonewolf604
Science explains it all...
Avatar image for thirstychainsaw
thirstychainsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 thirstychainsaw
Member since 2007 • 3761 Posts
Your proof is irrefutable, I bow down to your obviously flawless logic.
mark4091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 mark4091
Member since 2007 • 3780 Posts
[QUOTE="stevendiep_100"]

[QUOTE="huladog123"]People usually use this philosophy to defend their beliefs in aliens. We have no idea how big the universe is, because God is amazing and i believe that the universe was made for us to explore and discover new things, ideas, and inventions. Just because the univrse is big doesn't mean that there are aliens. If there were aliens, it would've said that God made them in the Bible. The bible says, "God made the heavens, and the earth" heavens meaning the universe, but earth meaning: the only special little tiny planet that's inhabitible. If there were aliens, the Bible would've said "God made the heavens, the Earth, and mars." or something like that. any disagreements? I only have a few more minutes before i have to leave.Paragon_

Link?

When trying to prove something does not exist, key evidence is the absence of it.

On the other hand you can't give me and physical proof of you're god.

lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 lonewolf604

[QUOTE="lonewolf604"]everything about life is complicated, no one knows. i mean, how did reality come about, the HUMAN RACE, its all weird when you think about it, why is earth the perfect distance away from the sun, blah blahxxDustmanxx

I have thought long and hard on those subjects and many more,and still do.Sometimes it just drives me mad.

yeah. im a christian (though NOT an extremist), and i still question this. though i DO have my faith that a supernatural being created reality
lonewolf604

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 lonewolf604
[QUOTE="lonewolf604"]everything about life is complicated, no one knows. i mean, how did reality come about, the HUMAN RACE, its all weird when you think about it, why is earth the perfect distance away from the sun, blah blahFunkdaddy13
Science explains it all...

in theory yes, not that im saying science is wrong, but a lot of science about these kinds of things are a bunch of hypotheses
xxDustmanxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 xxDustmanxx

[QUOTE="Funkdaddy13"]I've noticed that a lot of people with dogs and wolves in their avi's and sigs seem to be extremely religious....jubjub13
i was just thinking the same thing

This could be due to the possibility that said person is exetremely lonely,therefore being close to a pet dear to them,in this loneliness they search for meaning to life,and find fellow church goers that brainwash them into believe them in the hopes to bring more meaning into life.

Or maybe religious people are just good hearted loving people.

Then again what do i know?